Ascended Amulets with Fractial Relics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ostiak.3692

Ostiak.3692

Today’s patch was a nice one, especially the addition of ascended amulets. The new currency is ok and the option to purchase ascended amulets and rings with it. However, it is really bad that you are not allowing different channels for purchasing of those amulets. Just like ascended rings, amulets should be purchased from the fractal vendor with fractal relics. You are talking about balance and different ways to obtain gear and still you offer one single option – Laurels. No way, please give us an alternative option, we still want to do fractals. After today’s patch fractals are becoming useless.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Relics or pristine fractal relics. Whichever but please add this feature.

Posted by: Ostiak.3692

Ostiak.3692

Yes, I meant pristine fractal relics

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

or a chance to receive an amulet with the fractals daily chest… SOMETHING.

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

I would love to see this feature added as well; fully geared 3 characters with ascended rings and saved 10 relics just for my necro… when I checked out the fotm vendor there was a lot of qq’ing :’(

[DnT]Adi

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

then how does one get a amulwt then? someone plz post the way! at work cant logon yet

Posted by: FlyingK.9720

FlyingK.9720

You do dailies / monthlies

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Also, all the +agony resist infusions should have some stats added to them too, so we’re not gimping ourselves even bothering with AR infusions now.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

You have to get 30 Laurels, which would be 20 dailies + 1 monthly.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Merse Deska.6795

Merse Deska.6795

I don’t get why you can purchase ascended rings with laurels/pristine relics, but with amulets only laurels?

Makes no sense.

Xplodelicious [YaK]
Gandara

Czinczar.3786

you have to do the daily and monthly achievements. 1 laurel for daily and 10 for monthly… But, it is not consistent, because you can easily get 3 or 4 ascended rings PER DAY doing fractals, while rings cost 35 laurels and amulets 30…

Posted by: Omer.5096

Omer.5096

I like this change just because fractals shouldn’t be the only way to get ascended gear; I’ve already got my two rings from fractals + capacitator as well, so it’s not like I’m averse to fractal running.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

you have to do the daily and monthly achievements. 1 laurel for daily and 10 for monthly… But, it is not consistent, because you can easily get 3 or 4 ascended rings PER DAY doing fractals, while rings cost 35 laurels and amulets 30…

Uhm, how about being grateful that you are at least allowed to get ascended gear outside of fractals? If you can’t handle the dungeon, you have to grind crowns.

Czinczar.3786

Uhm, how about being grateful that you are at least allowed to get ascended gear outside of fractals? If you can’t handle the dungeon, you have to grind crowns.

So, one player who does fractals can easily have 3 or 4 ascended rings PER DAY and the one who doesn’t do fractals has to wait 1 month and be forced to complete the daily everyday ? Don’t you see the inconsistency ? And what is really funny is that rings cost more laurels than amulets. They should make amulets available through fractals (vendor or daily chest) AND lower the price in laurels.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

So, one player who does fractals can easily have 3 or 4 ascended rings PER DAY and the one who doesn’t do fractals has to wait 1 month and be forced to complete the daily everyday ? Don’t you see the inconsistency ? And what is really funny is that rings cost more laurels than amulets. They should make amulets available through fractals (vendor or daily chest) AND lower the price in laurels.

Making all ascended gear available in FotM is a no brainer, agreed, but since this gear is pretty much the BiS “elite” type of gear, even allowing it to be acquired through tasks that require a fraction of skill compared to fractals is a little bit offensive. Lowering the price further so every 2-day-a-week-casual(no offense meant) can easily gear up in them defeats one of the main reasons ascended gear was introduced: as a reward for dedicated players. How you define dedicated can be debated, but I’m pretty certain the term is meant to describe players who either spend the time to complete the most difficult PvE content there is at the moment, or at least have the stamina to work a certain about of time grinding their tokens. One has to show their dedication somehow, and whether that is with grinding time or skillful play is a choice every player has to make for himself.

Czinczar.3786

Making all ascended gear available in FotM is a no brainer, agreed, but since this gear is pretty much the BiS “elite” type of gear, even allowing it to be acquired through tasks that require a fraction of skill compared to fractals is a little bit offensive. Lowering the price further so every 2-day-a-week-casual(no offense meant) can easily gear up in them defeats one of the main reasons ascended gear was introduced: as a reward for dedicated players. How you define dedicated can be debated, but I’m pretty certain the term is meant to describe players who either spend the time to complete the most difficult PvE content there is at the moment, or at least have the stamina to work a certain about of time grinding their tokens. One has to show their dedication somehow, and whether that is with grinding time or skillful play is a choice every player has to make for himself.

Do you play fractals ? They don’t require that much skill, at least lvl 1 to 19. You can have 2 chars doing the lvl10 fractal everyday and have 2 rings everyday. And if you push it to lvl20 or more, that’s 2 more ascended rings for you, while the player who doesn’t do fractals has to complete the daily everyday like a convict for 1 month to just get ONE RING.

Posted by: Omer.5096

Omer.5096

You have a chance for a ring on daily completion per tier, but it’s by no means guaranteed. I’ve only gotten 2 rings in the daily in over 60 dailies.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Making all ascended gear available in FotM is a no brainer, agreed, but since this gear is pretty much the BiS “elite” type of gear, even allowing it to be acquired through tasks that require a fraction of skill compared to fractals is a little bit offensive. Lowering the price further so every 2-day-a-week-casual(no offense meant) can easily gear up in them defeats one of the main reasons ascended gear was introduced: as a reward for dedicated players.

I loled. This is the most nonsense post I have read since the days of Vanilla WoW’s MC raiders claiming raiding required some kind special skill only they had, and thus deserved to have the best gear of any aspect of the game and no one else deserved it.

I honestly can’t tell if this post is making fun of ignorant people who think that way, is trolling, or actually thinks along the lines of “if you don’t want to play my way you don’t deserve any rewards”.

Congratulations, Arenanet. You have managed to attract the best of the WoW crowd already. A truly wonderful addition to GW2’s playerbase. :-\

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

It should be added asap IMO. To me it makes no sense to not have the ascended gear as fractal rewards.

The daily laurel system is fine and all, but 20 days for a neck is too much and if you miss a day you cant catch up. This all smells very blizzrd/WoW to me, a big reason I quit that game. And why on earth limit item obtainment yet again this patch. There was an uprising with last patch and forcing people into fractals, now you force people into dailies, something that cant even be done at their own pace.

Add more options for gear obtainment, not less.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

It should be added asap IMO. To me it makes no sense to not have the ascended gear as fractal rewards.

The daily laurel system is fine and all, but 20 days for a neck is too much and if you miss a day you cant catch up. This all smells very blizzrd/WoW to me, a big reason I quit that game. And why on earth limit item obtainment yet again this patch. There was an uprising with last patch and forcing people into fractals, now you force people into dailies, something that cant even be done at their own pace.

Add more options for gear obtainment, not less.

I do agree with this. I thought the point of this was to spread out attainment over all possible venues of play. Rather than taking the path of making everyone happy (making all ascended gear available to all play paths), Anet is taking the path of making NO ONE happy (making different pieces of gear require different play paths, so everyone can guarantee they will have to do something they don’t like).

Fractals are hands down the easiest and fastest method of attaining ascended gear, and there is no reason why that sort of ease of gain should be waved in everyone’s faces with the first two items, then taken away with an “lol enjoy your dailies!”. :-P

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I support this.

We should be able to get Ascended gear our way, like Colin once said. To accomplish this, amulets and back pieces should be available with Pristine Fractal Relics just as rings are available with Laurels. Furthermore, back pieces should be obtained with laurels, too.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Czinczar.3786

You have a chance for a ring on daily completion per tier, but it’s by no means guaranteed. I’ve only gotten 2 rings in the daily in over 60 dailies.

Then I have to say that you are reaaaaaally iiiiiiiiiinfinitely unlucky. 60 dailies and only 2 rings? Wow ^^

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I support this.

We should be able to get Ascended gear our way, like Colin once said. To accomplish this, amulets and back pieces should be available with Pristine Fractal Relics just as rings are available with Laurels. Furthermore, back pieces should be obtained with laurels, too.

True, they missed the backpieces on the laurels vendor.

What an awful patch all in all IMO.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Seems a net never learns from the past. They take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. We all know that it week take them weeks to implement this