Ascended Armor

Ascended Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

What do you guys think of ascended armor being buyable with fractal relics (+ maybe a couple of pristine relics). It would work just like dungeon tokens do now.

Obviously this would just be ONE way of getting the armor. I mean it would be cool to get more then ascended rings and a back piece from the place that you know… ACTUALLY REQUIRES ASCENDED.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Ascended Armor

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

I think it should have never been introduced to alleviate the pain of grinding for it.

Ascended Armor

rjnemer.7816

I think it should have never been introduced to alleviate the pain of grinding for it.

Well its in and needed for higher level fractals. So people are going to have to start dealing with it.

Also, its a luxury item. The game only requires masterwork armor for 95% of its content. There really isnt a reason to grind for it unless you do fractals.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think ascended should be available through all the same means that exotic armor is available through…. just make it more expensive.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Since I kinda liked the whole dungeon token idea, esp back when it bought best in slot items, yea i can agree to this. in fact given that this is where ascendeds are used, this is where all ascendeds shouldve come from.

Ascended Armor

xephire.8324

Well its in and needed for higher level fractals. So people are going to have to start dealing with it.

Also, its a luxury item. The game only requires masterwork armor for 95% of its content. There really isnt a reason to grind for it unless you do fractals.

They should boost the stats of exotics then theyll be no need for ascended crap.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Ascended armor should be done the same way as the weapons, through crafting. But it would be interesting to involve dungeon tokens as ingredient to make a certain part for the armor.

Depending on which dungeon tokens, you decide the looks of your armor. That would be good, so there’s choice in how your armor will look like.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

IMO Ascended armour should only be available from a gem shop RNG box

Ascended Armor

xephire.8324

IMO Ascended armour should only be available from a gem shop RNG box

ROFL

Ascended Armor

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I think the only way to get ascended gear should be by running fractals. I also think that ascended gear should not have greater stats that exotics, this way WvW players and anyone else does not feel obligated to acquire these items to stay ‘on par’.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Ascended Armor

rjnemer.7816

Ascended armor should be done the same way as the weapons, through crafting. But it would be interesting to involve dungeon tokens as ingredient to make a certain part for the armor.

Depending on which dungeon tokens, you decide the looks of your armor. That would be good, so there’s choice in how your armor will look like.

3 things.

1. Crafting is not the only way to get ascended weapons right now

2. I GUARANTEE that not to far down the road they will add new ways to get weapons. Just like they did for all the other ascended gear.

3. I said you could still craft the armor. This would just be a different route you could take. One that involved the place where ascended is actually needed

Ascended Armor

rjnemer.7816

I think the only way to get ascended gear should be by running fractals. I also think that ascended gear should not have greater stats that exotics, this way WvW players and anyone else does not feel obligated to acquire these items to stay ‘on par’.

Im ok with this. I am not making my weapons for the +50 damage and +3 power. I just need more slots for AR

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

Agree, but will take it a step further. What they should have done is keep exotic BiS, but add infusion/upgrade slots. That way, fractal people could get their AR, PvE people could get their MF and Karma modifiers, and the WvW people could get their unique mods.

Unfortunately, it looks like the BLTC will be the sole factor in any and all decisions made by Anet. Can’t blame them now…they’ve seen the power of will we (players) have regarding what we’ll spend money on. I’m guilty…

Ascended Armor

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Prefer to wait on EQN. Should be here about same time.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Ascended Armor

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I would sooo agree to this, even if I have spent a bucket load of cash getting ascendeds. Though I doubt we will ever get this, I do wonder if for some strange reason ascendeds were made thus (exotics with infusion slots) how many will be outraged at having lost their few, and some say negligible, stats increase?

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I think that’s a great idea buying things with relics for ya know…the people who need AR but in reality, I think it’ll be just like the craftable ascended weapons, except a huge pain in the kitten for 1 piece.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Ascended Armor should be 3 Corrupted Obsidian Shards and 3 Globs of Ethereal Ectoplasm per piece.

And guess where you’d get those

Ascended Armor

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

What do you guys think of ascended armor being buyable with fractal relics (+ maybe a couple of pristine relics). It would work just like dungeon tokens do now.

Obviously this would just be ONE way of getting the armor. I mean it would be cool to get more then ascended rings and a back piece from the place that you know… ACTUALLY REQUIRES ASCENDED.

Maybe they should first make Ascended Weapons available from something other than Crafting?

Also, I do believe/hope that Ascended Armor will be available through Dungeons -first. We have:
Ascended Accessories -> Guild Missions
Ascended Amulets -> Laurels
Ascended Rings -> Fractals
Ascended Backpiece -> Fractals
Ascended Weapons -> Crafting (Also requiring, World Bosses, Champions, optional WvW)

So I do believe that Ascended Armor should be available through Dungeons in some way or form. Not with tokens obviously, to keep it consistent with the Grind needed for the other Ascended pieces it would require a few milion tokens per piece.

Also, if you check your collectibles bank you can clearly see materials for Jewelry and Armor, they are just not available in-game yet.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Maybe they should first make Ascended Weapons available from something other than Crafting?

Also, I do believe/hope that Ascended Armor will be available through Dungeons -first. We have:
Ascended Weapons -> Crafting (Also requiring, World Bosses, Champions, optional WvW)

So I do believe that Ascended Armor should be available through Dungeons in some way or form. Not with tokens obviously, to keep it consistent with the Grind needed for the other Ascended pieces it would require a few milion tokens per piece.

Also, if you check your collectibles bank you can clearly see materials for Jewelry and Armor, they are just not available in-game yet.

Your list of where to get ascended is horribly inaccurate, except for back slot items not a single part of your list is correct.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Just let me craft everything.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They should boost the stats of exotics then theyll be no need for ascended crap.

You do know that it is not the stats that are the issue in Fractals, right?
It is the Agony resist, which can only be applied to Ascended gear.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ascended Armor

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

I think ascended armor should only be acquirable from WvW, that way every aspect of the game has ascended gear associated with it and it will give folks a real incentive to play in WvW.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Sure, but it will never happen. WvW players can’t spend badges for an Ascended Back Piece, so what makes you think any number of fractal relics is worth Ascended Armor, except for the fact that you probably have a metric kittenton of them.

Guess how many badges I’ve got from WvW, and nothing really to spend them on?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Ascended Armor

maddoctor.2738

Your list of where to get ascended is horribly inaccurate, except for back slot items not a single part of your list is correct.

Where exactly is my list inaccurate? Because you can get Rings and Accessories with Laurels too? That doesn’t change anything, the best way to get the listed gear is on that list.

Ascended Armor

maddoctor.2738

I think ascended armor should only be acquirable from WvW, that way every aspect of the game has ascended gear associated with it and it will give folks a real incentive to play in WvW.

First, Badges of Honor can be easily used to reduce the cost (in Laurels) of Ascended items. Second, you can get all the required ascended materials by playing WvW too, so a part of Ascended gear is already obtainable in WvW.

But more than that I don’t want more gear/items from WvW for the simple reason that it’s not WvW anymore. There is nothing I find more terrible than porting to the Borderlands of my server and reading on chat:

“Player1: Server A is attacking Garrison”
“Player2: Let them take it so we take it back, for the loot”

I lose every hope for good WvW fights. Not to mention the “recent” zerg circles, where zergs from multiple servers do a complete clockwise circle of the map, swaping towers/keeps for loot. They made an already bad design (because it gives nothing for defending) even worse with the addition of Ascended loot there. Unless they fix their current reward system and have those rewards delivered differently, I believe adding more Ascended options in WvW is a huge mistake.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Just give whole set free when player kill enough enemies in www.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

watches the carrot dangle

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Well its in and needed for higher level fractals.

Nope. That’s just a cover that Anet used to justify introducing Ascended gear. In reality, more AR is needed for higher level fractals. Anet could have just added infusion slots to exotics.

Not so if you WvW.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Mahedros.9103

Mahedros.9103

I dont have any problems with ascended items, i do have a problem with crafting being the only way to get them (and dont tell me u can loot 1 from pve or wvw cause its not only hard as kitten but u get random stats and u can only choose weapon type), crafting should be faster since u spend money and time on it but we should be able to get ascended weps and armors doing fotm/guild missons or even dungeons (hardmode maybe).
We all should be able to get the best items doing what we enjoy the most and not been forced to do things that we hate, after all u play a game to have fun not to work.

SF- Mahedros – Necro [ARG]-
Januz- Ele [ARG]

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

more ways to get ascended gear is always good.

make ascended weapons obtainable this way too.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Not so if you WvW.

not so if you 1 vs 1 / 5 vs 5 small skirmish in WvW

Ascended Armor

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Lol i can imagine each piece of ascended armor costing the same amount as the fractal backpiece. Oooh that would be a gigantic carrot, a gigantic carrot indeed.

it would also be as stupid as kitten

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

Maybe we could have similar system that we have/had in original Guild Wars?

• quest/journey to gain Ascension aka update your current gear piece (maybe different guest per gear slot / select what piece you want to ascend on that quest)

Ofc that quest should be hard to match other ways to gain ascended items (craft, gather tokens, etc).

Ascension is described as a state of communion with the Old Gods. Among other benefits, those who succeed in attaining it are able to travel through the Mists, and with the right help can unlock hidden reserves of power.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ascension

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Ascended Armor

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

• quest/journey to gain Ascension aka update your current gear piece (maybe different guest per gear slot / select what piece you want to ascend on that quest)

Ofc that quest should be hard to match other ways to gain ascended items (craft, gather tokens, etc).

Ascension is described as a state of communion with the Old Gods. Among other benefits, those who succeed in attaining it are able to travel through the Mists, and with the right help can unlock hidden reserves of power.

We have it already, travelling to holy land of gods to chop down pieces of holy trees . What else do you want?

Ascended Armor

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Would be cool to just have some difficult challenges that if you succeed you could then upgrade your armor an weapons to ascended without chopping down those holy trees and mining those holy ore nodes and killing those holy world bosses and salvaging those holy exotics.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

We have it already, travelling to holy land of gods to chop down pieces of holy trees . What else do you want?

By cutting these trees I shall gain power! XD

I just realized that if quest/journey is not solo thing to do it would be instance and if it would be instance it would be same as what we have (aka collect tons and tons of tokens and trade them to gear).

I would want long and hard solo quest/journey.

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i have 12k fractal relics and ~230 prestine relics, DO WANT. They need to do something with the useless fotm currency anyways

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

fractal relics are actually useful….

Since the karma nerf, you can spend them to get obsidian shards at least.

Pristines are useless :<

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

ascended armor? What do we need that for then?

Ascended Armor

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Why was ascended really introduced into the game? Arenanet says to bridge the time gap between exotic and legendary. Thats assuming someone is going after a legendary, but lets assume they are.

If the person is going after a legendary and is one of those people that arenanet is trying to make happy by bridging the time gap between exotic and legendary, then all that was really needed was the ability to ‘enchant’ existing exotics with an infusion slot where you can then throw in an AR infusion.

Since Fractals are the only place that receive the full benefit of ascended gear, the simplest solution is/was to simply allow these ‘progression minded’ players to work toward ‘enchanting’ their existing exotic gear with infusion slots for AR. Im willing to bet a lot of the progression minded players will be found mostly in Fractals, to which this certainly suits. For players like me, who wanted BiS gear early and to enjoy the game, I could simply ignore infusion and AR. To the WvW player…frag on!

The simple solution laid about above appeases the progression minded folks, it appeases the casual that doesn’t want to grind for another tier of gear, it appeases the WvW player who does not want to leave WvW to obtain his/her BiS gear. It does not create imbalance, it does not create hundreds of threads about ascended gear. It does not create frustration amongst players. It does not create the sense of being lied to. It does not…wait for it…give birth to the ‘manifesto’ debate.

Simple solution. They were either too shortsighted to see it, thought they knew better than the average bear, or ignored it. Either way, this is not a developer I want to give my money to any longer.

They could have avoided ALL of this. And I think the coding would have probably been easier too.

I ask, why wasnt this considered arenanet?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

They should make Ascended Armor available through Dungeon tokens, yet, not by just 1 type of dungeon for 1 armor piece.

You have to collect a certain amount of tokens from each of the dungeons for an armor piece.

Would be fair I guess.

EDIT: Oh, and also something with Medal of Honor’s. So people in WvW can also acquire them in some way, without having to farm the Dungeons.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Why was ascended really introduced into the game? Arenanet says to bridge the time gap between exotic and legendary. Thats assuming someone is going after a legendary, but lets assume they are.

If the person is going after a legendary and is one of those people that arenanet is trying to make happy by bridging the time gap between exotic and legendary, then all that was really needed was the ability to ‘enchant’ existing exotics with an infusion slot where you can then throw in an AR infusion.

Since Fractals are the only place that receive the full benefit of ascended gear, the simplest solution is/was to simply allow these ‘progression minded’ players to work toward ‘enchanting’ their existing exotic gear with infusion slots for AR. Im willing to bet a lot of the progression minded players will be found mostly in Fractals, to which this certainly suits. For players like me, who wanted BiS gear early and to enjoy the game, I could simply ignore infusion and AR. To the WvW player…frag on!

The simple solution laid about above appeases the progression minded folks, it appeases the casual that doesn’t want to grind for another tier of gear, it appeases the WvW player who does not want to leave WvW to obtain his/her BiS gear. It does not create imbalance, it does not create hundreds of threads about ascended gear. It does not create frustration amongst players. It does not create the sense of being lied to. It does not…wait for it…give birth to the ‘manifesto’ debate.

Simple solution. They were either too shortsighted to see it, thought they knew better than the average bear, or ignored it. Either way, this is not a developer I want to give my money to any longer.

They could have avoided ALL of this. And I think the coding would have probably been easier too.

I ask, why wasnt this considered arenanet?

Don’t think. It’s beyond logic.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Why was ascended really introduced into the game?

Because most of this very community demanded for it during the first 2 months of release, threatening to quit in mass if it wasn’t introduced.
They wanted another tier to work for slowly, Anet didn’t want to insert a treadmill, people wanted it.

But yeah, it’s easy to just blame Anet for what players did.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Introduced in fotm no thanks pugging in fotm is awful you expect competent players at level 40 thats not always the case.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Why was ascended really introduced into the game?

Because most of this very community demanded for it during the first 2 months of release, threatening to quit in mass if it wasn’t introduced.
They wanted another tier to work for slowly, Anet didn’t want to insert a treadmill, people wanted it.

But yeah, it’s easy to just blame Anet for what players did.

In the immortal words of JC Denton: “Do you have a single fact to back that up?”

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Funny, that’s what Vayne seems to remember as well.

I remember some threads asking for vertical progression, more asking for something to do at “endgame” that didn’t necessarily have anything to do with new levels of gear, and quite a number of people on pointing out to the posters in those threads that this game was supposed to be different.

Yes, there were people shocked that this wasn’t like every other MMORPG they’ve experienced with new loot to grind. I don’t remember it flooding the forums, however.

I’m too busy at the moment to dig back into the post history to try and get a better picture, but it’s amazing how perception colors things.

It’s also amazing how people are quick to say complainers are a “vocal minority” on the forums who don’t represent the people playing the game then turn around and say changes were made because most of the community on the forum was demanding it and threatening to leave.

Ascended Armor

rjnemer.7816

Introduced in fotm no thanks pugging in fotm is awful you expect competent players at level 40 thats not always the case.

You may find it bad but when i run 48’s it always goes very smoothly. Why cant it just be one of the ways to get the gear? You can still craft the armor if you wish. Heck, add another way to get the gear. Would be a perfect way to introduce hard mode to dungeons. Why must it only be crafting and extremely small chances of a box, with an even smaller chance of a box you can even use?

Ascended Armor

tom.7468

You may find it bad but when i run 48’s it always goes very smoothly. Why cant it just be one of the ways to get the gear? You can still craft the armor if you wish. Heck, add another way to get the gear. Would be a perfect way to introduce hard mode to dungeons. Why must it only be crafting and extremely small chances of a box, with an even smaller chance of a box you can even use?

It doesn’t introduce it to arah, se and coe and i would be happy with that.

Ascended Armor

rjnemer.7816

re-type that. I dont understand what you are trying to say.

Ascended Armor

tom.7468

re-type that. I dont understand what you are trying to say.

Basically. If there is different ways to acquire ascended armor then why not. But if fotm is the only way its better if its not implemented in the first place.
The best thing to do is probably to make it obtainable from different content so more people can enjoy it.