Ascended Berserker Armor

Ascended Berserker Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dave.4695

Dave.4695

When berserker statistics change to ferocity…

we will be able to change for other as it happened with magic find armors???

I have spent a lot of gold in my berserker armor. Ascended armors must be like legendary weapons, with stats change.

What do you think?

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I would say yes, but I don’t know for sure. IMO, they should let people replace it if they want since they did with celestial when it got butchered.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

They didn’t let anyone change celestial stuff, just the other gear with magic find on it. Celestial people were stuck.

I’m going to bet they don’t let anyone change anything.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Darkrox.6152

Darkrox.6152

Actually anything with crit would be affected, not only Berserker, but also Assasin, Cavalier and Celestiak.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Where did you hear that there will be new stat – ferocity ? I would like to read about it more

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Where did you hear that there will be new stat – ferocity ? I would like to read about it more

If you want to hear it right from the devs, here is a link to the video: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/3581129. There are also some written summaries of their preview, if you prefer this.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t think you will be getting the option the way MF armor got it. Critical damage is simply changing to ferocity instead of being a % it will be a stat just like precision, which will in turn affect your critical damage %.

Yes, this will reduce the critical damage. I think it’s been said roughly 10%, but I could be wrong. However, this will also apply to all other critical damage gears as well (Valk, Cav, Assassin). Not just berzerkers. The devs have stated that for dps berserkers gear will still be the top gear.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

thank you

15char

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Personally I doubt it.

They allowed the change with magic find because they were eliminating the stat at all, so there was a very big chance that people got the armor only for the magic find, it made sense to allow them to pick a different set of stats so they don’t lose the armor.

The change to ferocity is a change to the way crit damage % works, but isn’t eliminating it, berserker armor will still be power, precision and increase to crit damage (in the form of ferocity), and while overall damage will be reduced, berserker (and assasin) will still be the highest DPS gear you can get.

BTW, for those worried about it and planning on getting ascended armor… my sugestion would be that if you like to play as DPS, then by all means get your berserker ascended already. However, if you’d prefer to play as any other role but planning on making berserker armor just because it’s the current “meta” or “viable” or whatever, then I’d hold on to the materials at least until the feature patch hits after march.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

When berserker statistics change to ferocity…

we will be able to change for other as it happened with magic find armors???

I have spent a lot of gold in my berserker armor. Ascended armors must be like legendary weapons, with stats change.

What do you think?

What would you change it TO?

Even with the nerf, there is no other set that is going to surpass Berserker at raw power-based DPSing.

It still fulfills the role it is used for better than all other options. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a free swap .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’d venture to bet… 90% of the players complaining won’t even want to change, they are just hurt by being told they’re getting nerfed. Dps meta will still exist and power being the best way will still exist. The only people who will likely change are a VERY small he’s who might go Rampagers instead for mixed fighting, specifically classes like Mesmer, warrior, necromancer and maybe engineer, but even then most of them will stick to what works for gw2 pve/wvw. Unless the vocal minority are trying to use this as a clever means of converting armor to an entirely different role, not because of the nerf but because of poor early choice making and wanting to change their wvw specialization…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

It is highly unlikely they would let people change like they did with MF gear.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Ascended Armor takes so much ressources to build that it should be stats changeable.
Otherwise, build diversity and research is severely hampered into mindless grind.

Ascended Berserker Armor

TooBz.3065

I think Celestial and Assassin’s is much more impacted than Zerker. Celestial because it relies on the crit damage to make it at all viable and assassin’s because it’s an obvious min/max piece.

Ascended Berserker Armor

TooBz.3065

Ascended Armor takes so much ressources to build that it should be stats changeable.
Otherwise, build diversity and research is severely hampered into mindless grind.

Yes! They won’t, but really having ascended gear completely locks you into an armor set.

Ascended Berserker Armor

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

As Nike said, to what stat you would change to?
Yes a full zerker set will get about 10% less crit damage, do you know any other set that would cause more damage than the next zerker?

Also, crit damage will be changed to ferocity, Magic Find was completely removed, those are 2 totally different situations, so why would Anet allow you to pick a new stat if zerker will keep working the same way?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ascended Berserker Armor

TooBz.3065

I think it’s doing to be more like 22-25% Nerf to crit damage. And that the ferocity / crit conversion will be about 16 or 17 points / %.