Ascended Earring Costs

Ascended Earring Costs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

here is the deal… you got the yellows from boss chests, but you will not get ectos from it. now go grind bosses and enjoy your yellows!

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Grind does not mean simple repitition, Grind specifically refers to content padding by leaving gaps within content that can only be reasonably approached by low-reward repeated behaviours.

But.
The fundamental problem is that some kind of gating must exist in order for a MMO to work, to not create major gaps between players and make content last longer.
If there is no gating, players will naturally grind what they need in the least amount of

this is not true since the time gating is actually making it impossible for new players to get to where old players are no matter how much they play.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Grind does not mean simple repitition, Grind specifically refers to content padding by leaving gaps within content that can only be reasonably approached by low-reward repeated behaviours.

But.
The fundamental problem is that some kind of gating must exist in order for a MMO to work, to not create major gaps between players and make content last longer.
If there is no gating, players will naturally grind what they need in the least amount of

this is not true since the time gating is actually making it impossible for new players to get to where old players are no matter how much they play.

And new players are missing what exactly. 20 dailies and one monthly to get an ascended amulet? A few weeks of FoTM to get the rings?
Ya I’m not sure how they’ll ever catch up.

~Tarnished Coast~

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

here is the deal… you got the yellows from boss chests, but you will not get ectos from it. now go grind bosses and enjoy your yellows!

You can sell the yellows on TP for coin, which can be used in exchange for many goods and services, including ectos.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

And new players are missing what exactly. 20 dailies and one monthly to get an ascended amulet? A few weeks of FoTM to get the rings?

They can catch up by doing 20 dailies and 1 monthly to get an ascended amulet…
They can catch up by doing a few weeks of fotm to get the rings…

The math is not hard…

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Lol “time gating”.

Wrong.

It’s called progression. There’s nothing preventing new players from getting to where the old players are if they put in the play time.

*20 dailies and 1 monthly nets you an ascended amulet.

*A week or two of running exp dungeons nets you a full set of armor and weapons and enough gold to either craft or purchase a full set of jewelry.

*A few low fractals runs nets you enough relics to get the +5 AR infusion for your ascended amulet which is good enough to carry you through to fractals 19 with little to no issue. (By which point you would’ve had enough relics to get more ascended items for more AR)

Therefore, your statement of:

“time gating is actually making it impossible for new players to get to where old players are no matter how much they play.”

is totally wrong, and not to mention nonsensical.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Just one of the many things ANet is totally oblivious to and doesn’t understand, a lot of people don’t like being a nameless face in a huge crowd, it’s why I was always in a small guild in GW1, and in GW2. They are my friends, family, even if they aren’t related, you build relationships with those people and they become important.

Everything should be on equal ground, whether you’re in a small or big guild. Scumbag ANet -_-

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You can sell the yellows on TP for coin, which can be used in exchange for many goods and services, including ectos.

Most yellows would sell for 2s if you could not make ectos out of them see the back items even the exotic level back items sell for nothing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But.

It’s actually closer to 5 months using laurels for the whole currently available ascended set (and will get closer to a year when all items get introduced – more, if we include stat/utility infusions).
Truth is, the time-gating does not help solving the problem of gaps between players – it makes them worse.
Of course, making them easier to get would result in grinders acquiring them faster, but they will get them fast enough as it is. They will farm FotM, switch guilds to get multiple commendations per mission per week, login every day to get dailies for amulet, and use any other trick in the book to have their eq as fast as possible.
What time-gating ensures, is that noone else is ever going to complete ascended set (because while it may be easy, it takes so long by the time they’ll get close to it, it will be obsolete already).
So, instead of gap between those that got their top eq faster, and those that will get it later, we’ll have a gap between those that have it and those that don’t.
It sends a message, that either you are hardcore, or you should not ever dream of achieving anything here. That the game is for the top few percent players only.
That it enforces division between haves and have-nots.

It was not supposed to be that kind of game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

The math is not hard…

I know… I just said that. Not sure what you’re getting at.

~Tarnished Coast~

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Just one of the many things ANet is totally oblivious to and doesn’t understand, a lot of people don’t like being a nameless face in a huge crowd, it’s why I was always in a small guild in GW1, and in GW2. They are my friends, family, even if they aren’t related, you build relationships with those people and they become important.

Everything should be on equal ground, whether you’re in a small or big guild. Scumbag ANet -_-

Everything IS on equal ground. That would be why there is an alternate option to get the earrings via laurels and ectos.

Also, you should consider editing your posts final statement, that’s an infraction waiting to happen.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

The math is not hard…

I know… I just said that. Not sure what you’re getting at.

I didn’t catch the sarcasm.

Ascended Earring Costs

Astralporing.1957

*A week or two of running exp dungeons nets you a full set of armor and weapons and enough gold to either craft or purchase a full set of jewelry.

*A few low fractals runs nets you enough relics to get the +5 AR infusion for your ascended amulet which is good enough to carry you through to fractals 19 with little to no issue. (By which point you would’ve had enough relics to get more ascended items for more AR)

You do realize, that the people that will indeed do all possible content for eq in the most efficient way are exactly the people that need to be slowed down the most? Everyone else would be slower than them anyway – and yet it’s everyone else that gets the biggest barriers thrown in front of them while grinders can run on ahead. The system does the exact opposite of what it is meant (according to official devs info) to do.

Actions, not words.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

anyone notice that the ascended earrings give less stats then exotic earrings?

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

You do realize, that the people that will indeed do all possible content for eq in the most efficient way are exactly the people that need to be slowed down the most? Everyone else would be slower than them anyway – and yet it’s everyone else that gets the biggest barriers thrown in front of them while grinders can run on ahead. The system does the exact opposite of what it is meant (according to official devs info) to do.

That’s totally irrelevant. The post I was responding to stated that it was “impossible” to catch up regardless of “how much they play”.

That is obviously wrong, since I’ve quantified how much time it would take and even if it is slower for those that don’t do things efficiently it’s not anywhere near “impossible”.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

anyone notice that the ascended earrings give less stats then exotic earrings?

They give +2 minor and +6 major no crit dmg + the only thing that ascended earrings give you that is kind of a lot is the build in gem all ascended items have the same ones. So ascended items only seem stronger but truly they are barely any thing when say 10 in any “tree” give you +100 and once you run the math the true dmg buff for a full set is 1-4% real life dmg buff. Over all they are just an illusion of power and an excuse why some one is not wining a fight to the loser hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Ascended Earring Costs

Astralporing.1957

That is obviously wrong, since I’ve quantified how much time it would take and even if it is slower for those that don’t do things efficiently it’s not anywhere near “impossible”.

Oh very well – it will be possible, but only for a small minority of players. Better?

Actions, not words.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Oh very well – it will be possible, but only for a small minority of players. Better?

No, it’s not better because it’s not correct.

There’s no hard wall blocking anyone from taking the actions I outlined.

And those actions don’t require hardcore playing by any means.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Lol “time gating”.

Wrong.

It’s called progression. There’s nothing preventing new players from getting to where the old players are if they put in the play time.

Therefore, your statement of:

“time gating is actually making it impossible for new players to get to where old players are no matter how much they play.”

is totally wrong, and not to mention nonsensical.

Actually, you are the one that is wrong.

Time gating is making it so players have to play a certain amount to achieve a goal. In this case a minimum of either 30 dailies or 20 dailies+1 monthly is a time gate as it will take you a minimum of 20 days. Fractals are the same for rings just to a lesser extent. You could get lucky and get your rings in a minimum of 2 days(after achieving lvl 10), or you could take up to 20 days of doing the lvl 10 daily for pristine fractals.

Now you assume that ArenaNet will not continue releasing new Ascended gear and that gives new players a chance to catch up. However, that is not the case. If a new player starts today, gets rings from fractals, and the rest from laurels. He will never catch up to an old player unless ArenaNet puts the new ascended gear on a seperate time gating system or removes the gating entirely.

Here is the example if the next ascended item next patch is also available via laurels.

New player will need: 30L for amulet+80L for accessories+40L for the new item
That’s a minimum of 110 dailies and 4 monthlies.

The old player will need: 40L for the new item
30 dailies and a monthly.

The new player is behind by 80 dailies and 3 monthlies. But now a month later another item comes out! The new player is still behind 80 dailies and 3 monthlies. As long as ArenaNet continues to release new Ascended gear for laurels at a steady rate the new player will NEVER catch up to the old player. Heaven forbid the new player wants to change up his spec and get new gear, he will fall further behind.

So I will ask you, how is a new player today going to make up the 70(?) laurels old players have already made? The answer is they cannot. New players will only ever catch up IF a new time gating system is added for the next ascended items(IE laurels aren’t used), ArenaNet stops adding ascended gear(not likely considering we knew there is a full set+weapons), or the time gating is done away with.

ArenaNet needs to stop time gating Ascended gear, well they shouldn’t have added it in the first place. If someone wants to grind it out in a day then let them, but time gating it only hurts new players and players that want to try new specs. In their attempt to keep vertical progression players running on a treadmill, they are killing new blood and build variety.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Actually, you are the one that is wrong.

Time gating is making it so players have to play a certain amount to achieve a goal. In this case a minimum of either 30 dailies or 20 dailies+1 monthly is a time gate as it will take you a minimum of 20 days. Fractals are the same for rings just to a lesser extent. You could get lucky and get your rings in a minimum of 2 days(after achieving lvl 10), or you could take up to 20 days of doing the lvl 10 daily for pristine fractals.

Totally irrelevant and wrong.

What you call “time gating” is basically natural game progression.

You said:

There’s absolutely no substantiation for that statement because you yourself admit that it takes QUANTIFIABLE time for a player to get to where the old players are.

Therefore new players CAN get to where old players are.

Your idea of “time gating” preventing new players from catching up would only be valid if the gaming progression continued to infinity where the old players kept on getting more and more powerful loot until infinity.

But that is NOT the case here, since there is a ceiling to which you can achieve in terms of gear and progression.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I have giving you points and reason if you chair to post if they are wrong or right. Would you call WoW a grind? Would you call FF11 a grind would you could COD a grind would you call EQ1 a grind would you call any rpg a grind would you call any thing in life that takes some level of skill (meaning you MUST do it over and over to get good at it) a grind?

Yes, on all counts. Grind is repetition.

It’s never a question of “is there grind or not” because there is always grind in everything you do. What matters is how meaningful the grind feels to you, and whether or not you feel adequately rewarded in exchange for that grind.

Which is why I said that their promise was a bad one to make. There’s no way they can make a zero grind game. Which is something I specifically pointed out.

However, that should not stop them from trying to reduce the existing grind in GW2, which is clearly not what they’re doing. In fact, they’re only introducing even more content that is even more difficult to grind for. Ergo, yes, this is a violation of that “promise” to provide a game with no grind. Yeah, it was a dumb promise to make, but they made it to reassure players that November would never happen again, and now they’re breaking it. It’s their own fault if they’re being called out on it.

Bad attempts at semantically breaking the thread need to move over and let the big kids argue…

No, it doesn’t.

Grind specifically refers to the repetition of a particular activity in order to achieve a desired effect or reward.

Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive tasks during video games. The most common usage is in the context of MMORPGs like Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, Tibia, or Lineage in which it is often necessary for a character to repeatedly kill AI-controlled monsters, using basically the same strategy over again to advance their character level to be able to access newer content. MUDs, generally sharing much of the same gameplay as MMORPGs, encounter the same problem. Grinding may be required by some games to unlock additional features.

Please try to be less condescending to others, especially when you’re wrong. Thank you!

You said:

There’s absolutely no substantiation for that statement because you yourself admit that it takes QUANTIFIABLE time for a player to get to where the old players are.

Person who has been playing since the introduction of laurels could have as many as 56-57 laurels right now.

Person who joins the game right now will always be behind that other player by 56-57 laurels unless the other player oesn’t play for at least 46-47 days, and/or repeatedly skips his monthlies.

Time gating makes it impossible for new players to ever catch the older, more consistent players who log in daily. You are certifiably wrong in your claims that a newer player can “always catch up”.

But that is NOT the case here, since there is a ceiling to which you can achieve in terms of gear and progression.

Also wrong, as the developers have expressly stated that Ascended items are only the beginning of their “initiative” to provide vertical progression in this game. There will always be more new gear to go after.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

The worst thing about this is that Anet is making those boring timesinks with daily laurels. Seriously i hate that i almost beeing forced to turn on GW2 to get daily or iam getting DAYS of settback, its crazy. I dont mind doing some serious stuffs which takes 5 hours and great amont of skill but mecahnics like daily and laurels is the worst thing that happend to GW2 since botting its nice that you are making options to casual players to get BiS items but for me dailys are just plain boring, i dont have big guild to open Guild missions so thats out of table too.
I was playing GW2 pretty much whole day, now after last patch i cant event get my self to start the game because its seems end game of GW2 is doing stupid daily. Its disgusting that you made this game just about daily. Is this wierd system the new thing that has to stop grinding? aka i let you do this only once per day o.O i thought you can come up with someting more complex….

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

80 days and 100 ectos if you’re in a small guild. boy did we get screwed.

they need to change guild missions now because this is just trolling.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Ascended Earring Costs

Astralporing.1957

Of course they do. You need to:
Login every day and do a daily
Consistently do dungeons for exotic eq that is not available in ascended tier yet.
do FotM daily.
Belong to a big guild, and consistently do guild missions.

All those things above do not describe a casual player, but a hardcore one.
Normal casual player can be expected to, in a month, get maybe as much as 15 laurels, do a dungeon few times (not necessarily the same one, so different tokens), and do FotM few times (likely at levels below 10). No guild missions for him as well.

Even just doing daily everyday is something that likely is not done by a majority of players.

Actions, not words.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

My thoughts are if people need to argue in defense of every new feature added after serious outcry, ANET needs to note this and work on adding things in the future that won’t obviously kitten off a lot of players.

I know they can’t add things that will please everyone, but if they’re consistently adding things over half the playerbase seems to not like, something is wrong.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

A new player starting from lvl 1 actually gets stuff faster than us.
By the time they are lvl 80 they have 30 laurels so they can buy their ascended amulet right away, they probably also partecipated guild missions so they can buy an earring and then they get rings easily through fractal dailies.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

they probably also partecipated guild missions

Not really. And even if he was ikittenerg guild, how will a level 20 player participate in a guild mission that sends him into Frostgorge Sound or Fireheart Rise ?

Edit: wth, since when is the three letters N A and Z censored and for what reason? XD

(edited by stof.9341)

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

You said:

Person who has been playing since the introduction of laurels could have as many as 56-57 laurels right now.

Person who joins the game right now will always be behind that other player by 56-57 laurels unless the other player oesn’t play for at least 46-47 days, and/or repeatedly skips his monthlies.

Irrelevant. As I’ve already explained progression doesn’t go to infinity, therefore being behind by 60ish laurels doesn’t matter.

Everyone will hit the ceiling in gear obtainable by laurels at a fixed point so being ahead is irrelevant when it comes to “catching up”.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Of course they do. You need to:
Login every day and do a daily
Consistently do dungeons for exotic eq that is not available in ascended tier yet.
do FotM daily.
Belong to a big guild, and consistently do guild missions.

All those things above do not describe a casual player, but a hardcore one.
Normal casual player can be expected to, in a month, get maybe as much as 15 laurels, do a dungeon few times (not necessarily the same one, so different tokens), and do FotM few times (likely at levels below 10). No guild missions for him as well.

Even just doing daily everyday is something that likely is not done by a majority of players.

You don’t need to do “dailies” or fotms everyday.

You can do one once a week if you want and still eventually get the gear you want therefore it’s NOT hardcore content.

It does NOT prevent you from obtaining gear to catch up.

It sounds to me like you people want to be handed the stuff for free with no play time or investment. This system is by far more casual than any mainstream mmo game out there. If you people can’t handle it then mmos are not for you.

Ascended Earring Costs

stof.9341

You can do one once a week if you want and still eventually get the gear you want therefore it’s NOT hardcore content.

It does NOT prevent you from obtaining gear to catch up.

I beg to differ. Before the last patch, I was let’s say, 10 days away from getting my BiS ascended gear. Now, I’m 70 days away from getting them. In a single month, the time I need to finish gearing up ONE alt in ONE gear set was pushed back by two months. At this rate, in one year I’ll need two years of dailies to complete my goal.

It sounds to me like you people want to be handed the stuff for free with no play time or investment. This system is by far more casual than any mainstream mmo game out there. If you people can’t handle it then mmos are not for you.

Sorry but I cannot handle the mind numbing menial tasks required to do the dailies and monthlies. I’m allergic to boring tasks it seems. Too bad that’s the only way to get them.

Ascended Earring Costs

Astralporing.1957

By the time you’ll manage to get anywhere that way, ascended will be already obsolete due to either new tier or level cap upgrade. And you will have to start from the beginning. And then the history will repeat itself, with you again being unable to complete the set.
So, in short, if you do want BiS set, you do have to go hardcore mode.

Actions, not words.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Sorry but I cannot handle the mind numbing menial tasks required to do the dailies and monthlies. I’m allergic to boring tasks it seems. Too bad that’s the only way to get them.

Then don’t do it. You aren’t forced to do it.

Just don’t expect free stuff for not doing anything.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

By the time you’ll manage to get anywhere that way, ascended will be already obsolete due to either new tier or level cap upgrade. And you will have to start from the beginning. And then the history will repeat itself, with you again being unable to complete the set.
So, in short, if you do want BiS set, you do have to go hardcore mode.

Unless you take years to do that there’s no chance that will happen.

You can’t just expect to get end game stuff with no time investment.

Ascended Earring Costs

Astralporing.1957

Ah, but we are talking about years for casuals.

Actions, not words.

Ascended Earring Costs

stof.9341

I didn’t expected to get stuff only for doing boring things for sure. Easy and boring. It’s a tiny step above “doing nothing” only, except it’s less interesting.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

If you can’t even muster the 30-40 minutes on average daily to do your daily then this game is not for you. That’s the bottom line.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Not really. And even if he was ikittenerg guild, how will a level 20 player participate in a guild mission that sends him into Frostgorge Sound or Fireheart Rise ?

Edit: wth, since when is the three letters N A and Z censored and for what reason? XD

The question is WHY would a level 20 character be concern about Level 80 gear?

BTW I don’t agree with ARenanet stance on forcing players to join guilds to get gear, I wish the was another method to get rings, because I certainly WONT ever ever join a guild. Guilds change the way, I play games and I don’t want to be bound by anybody other than myself. And I wish I could craft them even if they require a lot of work or reasonable work.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

I didn’t expected to get stuff only for doing boring things for sure. Easy and boring. It’s a tiny step above “doing nothing” only, except it’s less interesting.

That’s your opinion. You are free to stop playing this game if it’s too “boring” for you.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

BTW I don’t agree with ARenanet stance on forcing players to join guilds to get gear, I wish the was another method to get rings, because I certainly WONT ever ever join a guild. Guilds change the way, I play games and I don’t want to be bound by anybody other than myself. And I wish I could craft them even if they require a lot of work or reasonable work.

For the 50th time, you are NOT forced to join guilds to get those items because you have the option to get those SAME items from the laurel vendor for laurels/ectos.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Hey, while I would admit they are overpriced (and especially so for Small Guild players), my Ecto accumulation the last few weeks, has been amazing, and I am only a casual due to the contraints of time and life. Sure, my personal opinion is that they should have released options for each type of Guild before releasing content for organized, large Guilds (for the most part) but give them credit in the other area where the game was having some problems-the PvE map is brimming with opportunity for us to either get gold or Ecto right now.

In short, you could theoretically “easily” obtain these earrings if you’ve been salvaging your rares dilligently-as of now, it’s a matter of another 23 days for me to acquire one, since Ecto are not impossibly rare, nor impossibly expensive either to buy. I imagine that by the 23rd Laurel I need, I will have amassed nearly 175+ Ecto if not more (not kidding you at all, there are tons everywhere due to the more readily available rares.)

I still do not agree with the way Guild missions was implemented, but just wanted to be fair in assessing how it is not THAT much harder to get than those 50 Ecto and Laurels-indeed the 45 Laurels are what makes them more “expensive” (it takes time and daily effort to get there, though the dailies are admittedly generally achieved in less than an hour) and harder to acquire since you have to get a Laurel a day, or ten per monthly (and this monthly was among the easiest to achieve for casuals-I had my monthly completed by March 4.)

I would also suggest for people to combine their greens at the forge for the possibility of a rare, and more salvaged Ecto.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Should this game still be considered a MMO or your typical kitten RPG?
What’s going on with people expecting to obtain everything in few months worth of playing?
C’mon guys..play to enjoy the game you don’t need ascended earrings to do anything, they simply add few stats numbers and that not gonna make you godly

Ascended Earring Costs

Astralporing.1957

If you can’t even muster the 30-40 minutes on average daily to do your daily then this game is not for you. That’s the bottom line.

Yes, this game is not for casuals (the people that are a significant majority of players here, by the way). That’s what i have been saying from the very beginning. Thank you for agreeing.

Actions, not words.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

For the 50th time, you are NOT forced to join guilds to get those items because you have the option to get those SAME items from the laurel vendor for laurels/ectos.

Sure, but there is certainly a STRONG incentive to do so. For each piece of ascended gear there is one way of getting it that is much more efficient than the alternative methods.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I’m going to quote Isaiah Cartwright on the cost of ascended accessories:

These items are mainly earned through guild content, we included them on the laurels vendor to give players the opportunity to earn them if they are not in a guild but they are priced high to encourage players to try and accomplish them via the guild content.

source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Holy-kitten-Cleric-Ascended-Accessory/page/3#post1516124

(Note: I personally disagree with his reasoning, because some players simply have no access to guild missions and its rewards because smaller guilds (10 people or less) have difficulty earning enough influence to unlock the guild content, let alone completing any guild missions.)

It’s a bit unfair and frankly it will damage small guilds since most people will now bandwagon to bigger guilds in order to reap maximum benefits. These should have been made more flexible in my opinion but yeah… that’s anet sometimes. On the other note, I really wish they clarified a few things on the guild commendation but I have yet to see any response by official devs.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Yes, this game is not for casuals (the people that are a significant majority of players here, by the way). That’s what i have been saying from the very beginning. Thank you for agreeing.

There’s a difference between casual players and lazy players.

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Sure, but there is certainly a STRONG incentive to do so. For each piece of ascended gear there is one way of getting it that is much more efficient than the alternative methods.

You have no evidence to suggest that it’s more efficient to do it via the guild route.

Even if that is the case, the fact stands that you have an alternate way to obtain these items which means you aren’t “forced to join guilds to obtain these gear”.

Ascended Earring Costs

TooBz.3065

Lazy is not a good term to use here. Lazy means to be disinclined to activity or exertion. Just because someone doesn’t do dailies doesn’t make them lazy. Also it’s a pejorative that you are using because you don’t have an argument.

This is a game and not a job or a chore. Sitting on your kitten and playing a game rather than washing the car, cleaning the house, jogging, is really much more a sign of laziness than whether or not you want to do dailies. And that is something we all have in common.

Ascended Earring Costs

TooBz.3065

You have no evidence to suggest that it’s more efficient to do it via the guild route.

Even if that is the case, the fact stands that you have an alternate way to obtain these items which means you aren’t “forced to join guilds to obtain these gear”.

Which I acknowledge first by saying “sure.” I’m not in a large guild, so I can’t speak to how hard it is to complete the guild missions. I know (from the wiki) that you can earn 2 guild commendations / type / week → so up to 10 / week. But even if it’s 2 per week, you can get an earring in 42 days for 5 gold.

Running dailies it will take 45 days + 12g in ectos.

Ascended Earring Costs

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Reduce to the cost of a Ring and or Amulet with half the amount of ectos.

For me its more a a metal thing I know 15 days isn’t that big of a deal but when you think about the cost of other things it gets very disheartening.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Ascended Earring Costs

DeathPanel.8362

Lazy is not a good term to use here. Lazy means to be disinclined to activity or exertion. Just because someone doesn’t do dailies doesn’t make them lazy. Also it’s a pejorative that you are using because you don’t have an argument.

Wrong, that’s exactly the correct term to describe someone who wants something without even putting in minimal effort.

I already stated it only takes 30-40 minutes every day to complete your dailies in order to get the item you want.

If you don’t even want to put that much time into the game yet you still want the item then you are lazy.