Ascended Gear - Anet please fix this.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

So with the new patch armor is getting an increase of 10% over exotic, currently only 5%. It’s always been BIS but the gap has been made bigger now.
With HoT right around the corner and ascended being buffed slightly
i think now would be the time to fix the problem of obtaining certain stats.

I recently theorycrafted a build which used zealots armor, The recipes costing from 100g to 200g, JUST for the recipe. This would mean each piece would be costing me from 200-300g which is over double the cost of most stats. I wondered why that was so i looked it up, Turns out the only place to get these things was the marionette event in living story one. Which happened like 2 years ago?

Nevermind, I’ll theorycraft again using zealots on the trinkets and try to get it as close as possible. Turns out they don’t exist in ascended form?

Why do we have stats which are time exclusive on BIS gear? Since ascended gear isn’t tradable, once these recipes run out, we no longer have access to that gear stat, Neither do any of the new players. I don’t think this is right.

Zealot’s is power/prec/healing power, The only place it would get used when it was released was in a pvp scenario to fine tune stats on a build, Yet it came from a PvE event? The same applys with Nomads trinkets, Not only do you need living story season 2 but you also need to complete all of the achievements. That’s not “Playing the game how you want” as Anet wanted it to be.

Not only that but when you get fractals ascended boxes or craft backpieces with chooseable stats, These stat combos are left off of them, Making even less sense.

TLDR: Anet should make all ascended gear equal, If you can buy 6 difference ascended recipes from the vendor for 21k karma you should be able to buy them all. Same applies with laurels and trinkets. Also guild comms and trinkets.

Having one recipe cost 21k karma and another cost 200g because of your choice of stats is ridiculous.

The same applies to trinkets although less so because they require a bit more than just a gold grind, Having some buyable with laurels and others requiring living story to get is just silly.

Stop punishing people for build diversity and stop locking stats away behind unnecessary walls.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

Posted by: Raven.3957

Raven.3957

There are no Magi trinkets either. Aside the two rings you get from 100% the collection from Twilight Arbor and Honor of the Waves. Thats the only two Magi trinkets in the GAME and you can only get them once each per account. So only one character can have half magi ascended trinkets. (Magi = Healingpower/Vitality/Precision)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We can’t know the extent of the impact until the patch hits. And even if we did, ANet would have to stop the patch to make any changes in the amount stats are affected and/or the availability of certain types of ascended stats.

Personally, I would prefer to see a different system, one in which we could pick the the stats directly (instead of memorizing an arcane nomenclature of names-to-stats) and one in which it was easier to update stats in ascended gear than in exotic (whereas it’s easier to change exotic stats right now). In the meantime, though, we can make good use of the system going live on Tuesday (Pacific Time).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Would like to see a few more options become more readily available as well. Be it future or soon. Would still like to see it.

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

thank you Anet make the Gap bigger like 20%

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

There are no Magi trinkets either. Aside the two rings you get from 100% the collection from Twilight Arbor and Honor of the Waves. Thats the only two Magi trinkets in the GAME and you can only get them once each per account. So only one character can have half magi ascended trinkets. (Magi = Healingpower/Vitality/Precision)

Quite wrong. You can buy them for 40 laurels and 3 gold, and they arent rings either

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Master_Collector_Rednax_Youngblood

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ
(Edited to clarify weapons and armor)

(edited by ColinJohanson.2394)

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ

oooo!

Proud TTS member

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

You just won me back. TY for the clarification Colin!

Dante.1763

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ

That new system is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Omg thank you!!! <3

EDIT: Does this apply to weapons too?!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

@Colin

Does it include Rings as well?

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Diswan.8156

Diswan.8156

Aré we going to be able to change stats from ascended rings, amulets and trinkets?

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

So would it be unreasonable to assume ledgendary armor and trinkets are coming? ::nudge nudge, wink wink::

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

-CJ

this is great news….will this work on trinkets?

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

why no valkyries trinket?

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

-CJ

Will this preserve the runes/sigils on the equipment?

Posted by: Erskine.5206

Erskine.5206

-CJ

that is amazing news! Thank you so much!
Is that a one-time-change to the stats that we can do? Or could it be done everytime we want to change the stats?
That would be sooo awesome! <3

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

-CJ

Insignia? Does it mean it only applies to armor?

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

-CJ

Please sticky this.
Faith restored.

Posted by: Zarad.5326

Zarad.5326

Excellent news! I’ve been holding off on crafting my ascended gear until after HoT. But with the ability to change it if needed…..why wait?

I hope weapons are included as well. Would love to change the stats on my Sunless weapons.

Regardless, a welcome addition. Thanks!

(edited by Zarad.5326)

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

I’d imagine so. Weapons are not as expensive as armor, but mainly doing this would allow for an easily and cheaply method of obtaining all skills for a single weapon.

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

Spiky.8403

I’d imagine so. Weapons are not as expensive as armor, but mainly doing this would allow for an easily and cheaply method of obtaining all skills for a single weapon.

Obtaining skills? Sorry I can’t follow all news coming out, could you explain, please?

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

-CJ

God you need to be more specific Colin! Does it apply to all Ascended gear and if you convert an ascended weapon to another stat, do you unlock a new skin!? I need to know now! xD

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

I’m just glad of having a full bank tab with ascended gear from fractals that have stats without use for me.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I wonder if this is via the mystic forge or what. I do have so very expensive infusions in my gear would hate to lose them.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I hope it applies for weapons, too. Then I can unlock all the ascended weapon skins.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Will this apply to rings & weapons ?

As Yoyi said I also got a full bank tab of ascended armor/rings/weapons I dont currently use.

Dante.1763

Obtaining skills? Sorry I can’t follow all news coming out, could you explain, please?

Think he meant skins

Posted by: Tilion.4062

Tilion.4062

-CJ

Thank you so much for all this stuff Colin!

Off to change the post on Dragon Season

~~ DragonSeason.com ~~

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

Too bad its a bit useless feature cause we cannot change sigils on them.

obey me

Spiky.8403

One could predict that insignia prices will rise fast.. we will see

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

That’s pretty awesome news. One thing worries me, though…will re-statting a piece of gear destroy the runes and infusions in it?

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

I really hope that the stat-changing system will include accessories. Or at least, give us something to do with all these rings! I’d take salvaging/forging!

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

-CJ

CHEERS IN RELIEF

Posted by: Dream Easel.3209

Dream Easel.3209

-CJ

Will this work with Jewelry too? I have so many useless Ascended rings that would love to be repurposed :-)

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

-CJ

Amazing news! Thank you so much!

What happens to infusions and runes that we have in the armor after we change stats. Do we keep them?

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

That’s an awesome change. I wonder if it applies to weapons as well – I hope it does!

Posted by: SkyyHigh.4950

SkyyHigh.4950

-CJ

Just needed to log in to say thank you!

IGN: Skyy High / Talon Drakke

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!

Getting random armor boxes from fractals just got a lot better!

Quick clarification though, will this be for all gear (Weapons, Armor and trinkets)? That would be amazing.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

This allows a work around for Zealots gear and its price.
Or am I understanding it incorrectly?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

oohhhhh snap!
I threw away tons of ascended gear that had useless stats to me :S :S

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

-CJ

Very interesting. This may be a game changer for me.

Posted by: DroidDreamer.2861

DroidDreamer.2861

-CJ

I need to pick up more gems because I gotta support a game that provides other forms of progression besides gear grinding AND keeps the difference between BiS gear and second-tier gear low enough to prevent the delta from being a barrier to entry.

So nice. I can just spend my time playing for fun instead of grinding forever at my casual pace until I get to some goal post so I can compete, only to have the goal posts moved again. High praise for having the opposite philosophy, Anet! High praise!

Check out my Guardian WvW Mace/Shield & Staff Support Build:
http://goo.gl/VftpD3

Posted by: Grak Steelwall.1230

Grak Steelwall.1230

What about multiple sets then? i got 3 sets of ascended armor for heavy class each with a different stats.

Will I unlock the stats of one on the other 2?

G.S your friendly furry guardian
Beyond The Wall [Crow]
WvW Havoc Leader

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

-CJ

omfg

the hype intensifies

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Thats awsome news. Thank you very much!

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Does this include weapons? I really want more ascended Weapon skins, and to get the stat I want when I get a weapon box..

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Thank you for this info! I will be making the rest of my ascended armors (medium & light). I have been sitting on the ascended mats trying to decide what stats I wanted and this is what I wanted to hear!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear.

But I’m pretty sure Ascended trinkets are 10% better than exotic ones currently. Are they getting “downgraded” to fall in line with the rest then?

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

This is for weapon and armor currently – weapons use the same recipe as armor to stat change except they use inscriptions to allow you to change instead of insignias.

Alas yes it does destroy the runes and sigils in the item, the mystic forge doesn’t currently have a way to allow us to do this kind of stat changing without it working that way.

Also: Shout out to Matt P and Linsey who did all the hard work to make this possible

(edited by ColinJohanson.2394)