Ascended Gear & T7 Mats: Why not wait?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Instead of this gated method of upgrading to T7 mats to make ascended gear, why not wait until a new region (Crystal Desert, etc) opens up and just let us harvest the new tier of materials at a rate comparable to (or slower, if necessary) that of T6 mats? I won’t speak for everyone, but to me that would be an infinitely more interesting, fun, and rewarding method of obtaining T7 mats that what we’re getting.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Because New areas take time and effort to create, Anet can make money off the locusts now where new areas they would not

Its a sad state of affairs but its good business..

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

because its been too long

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Because they are adding them to existing content like world bosses.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The very last thing that this game needs at this time is ascended gear and another tier of mats. Therefore, it was destined to occur.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Since when have they ever confirmed that we’d be getting a new area, crystal desert or otherwise any time soon or that it’s even being worked on?

I’m fairly certain they haven’t.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Sadly it would of been a perfect way to add them to the game. They possibly could still do it with the armor (but I doubt it if it hasn’t been done already).

The livestream today it sounded like they wanted to make other areas, but at the same time it sounded like they’d rather keep what they have for some reason. :/ I just wonder what would happen if they decide to add another area or vertical levels. Do they make another tier of gear? They could keep the gear the same, but whats the point of adding levels then…eh, they are really digging a strange hole that I wonder how they will fill in the next year or so.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Instead of this gated method of upgrading to T7 mats to make ascended gear, why not wait until a new region (Crystal Desert, etc) opens up and just let us harvest the new tier of materials at a rate comparable to (or slower, if necessary) that of T6 mats? I won’t speak for everyone, but to me that would be an infinitely more interesting, fun, and rewarding method of obtaining T7 mats that what we’re getting.

This would completely kill the game for me. If the new mats dropped only in one region (this means that you can only get them in open world pve), then everybody and their mother would be farming that region 24/7, turning the rest of the map into a desert. I think that, since they are doing it, the best they can do is encourage the already existing maps to be farmed or whatever (i always forget how this heavily farrm intensive game is intended not to be an unending farm…).