Ascended Gear aka rings..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sylderion.9584

sylderion.9584

Ok so here is the point, i’ve got already +20 Ascended rings (in my bank like 15, another 4 with my main another 3-4 with my alt’s…)
What to do with it? Im keeping them because im hoping Anet will release a salvage kit for it.

Anyone know something?
An official response would be great also!
Thanks you :)

Attachments:

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Sell them to the merchant if you have no other use.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Zarathustra.2091

Zarathustra.2091

I think you’ve demonstrated the very reason they won’t allow them to be salvaged.

You have 20+ of them. If they allowed you to salvage for ectos, that’s 0-60 ectos. Multiply that by however many people have rings saved up and it’s quite an influx of ectos into the economy.

See You in Town,
-Z

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

I think you’ve demonstrated the very reason they won’t allow them to be salvaged.

You have 20+ of them. If they allowed you to salvage for ectos, that’s 0-60 ectos. Multiply that by however many people have rings saved up and it’s quite an influx of ectos into the economy.

And why is that a bad thing exactly?

Oh wait, its not.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Oh wait, its not.

Because anet wants you to farm gem store. I have 37 rings and 31 has no use so i don’t know what they do but something must be done… im not here to merch ascended quality rings for 4s/each…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Oh wait, its not.

Because anet wants you to farm gem store. I have 37 rings and 31 has no use so i don’t know what they do but something must be done… im not here to merch ascended quality rings for 4s/each…

You missed the point of my post entirely. I said that that it is not a bad thing to flood the market with ecto. I did NOT say you shouldn’t bad able to salvage. Reading comprehension on these forums has been really low of late.

sylderion.9584

I didn’t desmotrated that, just that people will keep it for the reason i explained, i just wanted to ask if i keep saving them or just delete :-!

And of course is not bad the ecto’s thing, there aren’t so many atm and the price is ok but times will come and change it for SURE so the ascended rings giving ectos or whatever… NVM even i think they will give you infusions or something usefull for fractals like relics or random stuff from there!

Hopefully they just add something to get rid of them xD

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

I have hte same problem OP. I too keep them in the hope of salvaging them.
I wouldnt mind ectos from a salvaged ascended ring, but ascended mats ( glob, crystal etc) could be useful too. would help to get enough to upgrade rings I do want to keep.

Posted by: Coast.5162

Coast.5162

Why not just make them tradable with others players?

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

They should have been tradeable from day one. Maybe they’ll actually get on that soon.

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Salvaging them for Ectos would again only reward the FOTM farmers without giving out same to other playstyles.
A am against this (until they release many more avenues to get the rings)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: Avatar.1923

if you have 20 rings, you are definitely in an hardcore gamer catgeory.
+ not everybody does fracals, so not everybody have these rings.

still… how many fractal did you do for 20 rings..
omg.

i think most people like to do dungeon and raids.
that s a problem for the open pve, which became mostly a one shot deal or a level up thing.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

probably gw2 would have been even better if you reduce the map size by 25% but then add 10 more dungeons.

with how much BETTER the fotm are in term of design, i cant wait to see more!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Guy gets rare/exotics from PVE or dungeons. Salvages for ectos. This is acceptable.

Guy gets ascended from FOTM. Salvages for ectos. This would be a bad thing?

I don’t follow? How is this benefiting only FOTM farmers? It would just put them on the same playing field.

I wouldn’t care if you could salvage them for mist essences. Something other than the useless collection of ‘ascended’ rings.

Heck, legendaries can be sold.. why not ascended gear?

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

How about instead of them giving ectos they gives vials/shards/globs? It would be better than letting them sit in our banks doing nothing. If you don’t vendor them of course.

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Considering Ectos cost 35 silver right now and bottleneck almost everything that uses them short of Legendary weapons, I think introducing a way to add in more to the system (read add in, not flood like many players think. Probably only 2% of players have more than 20) will help drive down the price.

How about instead of them giving ectos they gives vials/shards/globs? It would be better than letting them sit in our banks doing nothing. If you don’t vendor them of course.

As they are now, those are only useful for upgrading Ascended gear into Infused Ascended gear. Once you hit level 25~ in Fractals, 5 silver is worth more than them. Similarly, the only players who would heavily benefit from salvaging Ascended rings are the ones who made it to 30 and can do 28 and 30 for a good chance of a ring each day.

(edited by GoZero.9708)

sylderion.9584

if you have 20 rings, you are definitely in an hardcore gamer catgeory.
+ not everybody does fracals, so not everybody have these rings.

still… how many fractal did you do for 20 rings..
omg.

i think most people like to do dungeon and raids.
that s a problem for the open pve, which became mostly a one shot deal or a level up thing.

Yeah i did so many fractals, lv31 with my guardian and i am lv20+ with my elementalist, i have done like 50-70 dailys thought… But thats the point im really sure many of the people who are doing FOTM got a lot of rings.

As i said, it would be awesome to salvage them and get infusions, vials/glob/shard or random stuff from fractals to get rid of them!

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

So, where do you see a problem ?
Do you see a problem in looting 20 rares and salvaging them for ectos ? This is the same, here. Anet should enable us to do SOMETHING with those : sell, salvage ect..

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’ve done a whole bunch of fractals and don’t have 20 rings.

Salvaging them for ectos would be the kind of thing where across the board ectos might drop 2s for a week, then the excess rings would be gone and that’d be about it.