Ascended Gear to Kill Builds and Alts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Being in full exotics will not make you obsolete. The stat differences are not that massive.

That’s like saying that up until now, being in rares made you obsolete, and it doesn’t. You are still very effective in yellows, including in WvW.

Exotics ARE obsolete. There are for the most part far too expensive for not BiS items.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Now is just wait and see what will happen in the game… I hope this don’t obrigate us to get ascended weapons or at least isn’t insane to get as ascended trinkets… (heavy laurels, live in fractals or the guild thingy)

Sadly, I was building both my Warrior and my Necro (Guard is my main)…

We’ll call this game Word of Guild Wars? (Wait to see)

….well hate to break it to you it’s much worse.

according to the live stream it will take 2 weeks to get 1 ascended weapon a warrior and necro will likely need 3/4 so that’s two months PER acc.

lets point the finger at the upcoming hellish update ascended armor now
six pieces most likely similar process so another 2 weeks per piece that’s 3 months of grindin per acc.

now lets add the inevitable future dungeons will become much eaiser since ascended weapons / armor will be roughly 20% (that is no typo) better since it has a higher weapon strength plus stats. now lets recall the starting dungeon ac designed for lvl 35s and how anet had to buff it.

now imagine if they do that with ascended in mind point being gw2 is poorly designed currently for a vertical progression in pve so guess what here comes the elitist and very possible buffs keep in mind part of this is sort of hypothetical but the numbers I supplied was quite real.

also keep in mind how serious wvw guilds are with armor and weapons I highly doubt ascended doesn’t show real improvement if you can get enough of them.

it’s major issue is because of the insane time requirement it kills alts out right 1 char = at least 5 months to bring them up to the top tier and unlike trinkets who have little influence other then a few measly points in power per say weapons weapon strength will greatly enhance it’s over all effectiveness.

the only place I think is safe from this update is spvp and thank god for that I guess.

this wouldn’t be a problem if the amror was sellable or easily accessed hell was exotic really that bad. because htats what it is at the end of the day all this work to break even or get a edge on opposing players god help you if you have a life.

I was pretty happy that I FINALLY was finishing all builds that I want in my guardian and finally could begin to build my alts. That just REALLY demotivate me… Now I need came back to my Guardian and take several months to build him to full again… (not counting on all builds, becouse that will take forever)

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Now is just wait and see what will happen in the game… I hope this don’t obrigate us to get ascended weapons or at least isn’t insane to get as ascended trinkets… (heavy laurels, live in fractals or the guild thingy)

Sadly, I was building both my Warrior and my Necro (Guard is my main)…

We’ll call this game Word of Guild Wars? (Wait to see)

….well hate to break it to you it’s much worse.

according to the live stream it will take 2 weeks to get 1 ascended weapon a warrior and necro will likely need 3/4 so that’s two months PER acc.

lets point the finger at the upcoming hellish update ascended armor now
six pieces most likely similar process so another 2 weeks per piece that’s 3 months of grindin per acc.

now lets add the inevitable future dungeons will become much eaiser since ascended weapons / armor will be roughly 20% (that is no typo) better since it has a higher weapon strength plus stats. now lets recall the starting dungeon ac designed for lvl 35s and how anet had to buff it.

now imagine if they do that with ascended in mind point being gw2 is poorly designed currently for a vertical progression in pve so guess what here comes the elitist and very possible buffs keep in mind part of this is sort of hypothetical but the numbers I supplied was quite real.

also keep in mind how serious wvw guilds are with armor and weapons I highly doubt ascended doesn’t show real improvement if you can get enough of them.

it’s major issue is because of the insane time requirement it kills alts out right 1 char = at least 5 months to bring them up to the top tier and unlike trinkets who have little influence other then a few measly points in power per say weapons weapon strength will greatly enhance it’s over all effectiveness.

the only place I think is safe from this update is spvp and thank god for that I guess.

this wouldn’t be a problem if the amror was sellable or easily accessed hell was exotic really that bad. because htats what it is at the end of the day all this work to break even or get a edge on opposing players god help you if you have a life.

I was pretty happy that I FINALLY was finishing all builds that I want in my guardian and finally could begin to build my alts. That just REALLY demotivate me… Now I need came back to my Guardian and take several months to build him to full again… (not counting on all builds, becouse that will take forever)

No you don’t. Play something else. If enough people refuse to Grind, maybe they’ll wake up. I’m certainly not going to participate.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Being in full exotics will not make you obsolete. The stat differences are not that massive.

That’s like saying that up until now, being in rares made you obsolete, and it doesn’t. You are still very effective in yellows, including in WvW.

True, but what about rares vs someone in ascended gear though? A better player will win, but I think it would hurt the not so skilled players, as better players usually won’t be in yellows.

And the difference can matter at times. There are plenty of cases in wvw where I clearly wouldn’t survive if the enemy attacks were even a little stronger.

True, in bigger zergs the difference won’t matter that much, but wvw is already enough about zerging already. A lot of people who do wvw would not like it if playing more pve (and less wvw) gives you an advantage in wvw. Currently, this is already true to some degree but A-net has been progressing into incorporating gear being attainable in wvw.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

No you don’t. Play something else. If enough people refuse to Grind, maybe they’ll wake up. I’m certainly not going to participate.

Wake up to what exactly?
They already got your money.

The way I see it, you bought the game (and I assume) because of what they promised, yet only a couple of months after launch they started doing this.
What makes you think they’ll care if you leave?

Ascended gear is here to stay, this much should be obvious since they started adding more instead of removing or nerfing them to exotic levels.

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Ascended may have a higher stat cap … however, I’m surprised that the following hasn’t been pointed out:

• Ascended EQ that we currently have access to lacks any upgrade besides Infusions. Assuming that the eventual Ascended Armor possesses the same drawback, I could foresee many players choosing to avoid it in favor of using their more customizable Exotic Armor.
    After all, you’re not —with this in mind-- going to be able to pull out Ascended (prefix here) Armor of —say-- Perplexity or Melandru. Nor, logically, will you have an Ascended (prefix here) Greatsword of Earth, Fire or Air.

Past that, however, I can see —and somewhat empathize with-- the concept of Ascended EQ + time gating becoming the Great Gear Treadmill™. As for that concern, we have no real choice but to wait and see if ANet:

• Adds sufficient difficulty-gated content to “require” EQ of that power level.
  • Creates another “Tier” of EQ, post-Ascended. As it is, the types of Infusions, and their stat range, are mostly small-scale, compared to equivalent Rune/Sigil/etc. options for Exotic gear. The notable exceptions would be some of the Utility options (+20% Gold, IIRC? Pretty decent, but not a DPS/Condition-booster)
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ascended may have a higher stat cap … however, I’m surprised that the following hasn’t been pointed out:

• Ascended EQ that we currently have access to lacks any upgrade besides Infusions. Assuming that the eventual Ascended Armor possesses the same drawback, I could foresee many players choosing to avoid it in favor of using their more customizable Exotic Armor.

We already have some screens. They solved the problem of more thn one upgrade slot on objects, and thus weapons will have both infusion and sigil slots. We can assume the same will happen with armors.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Alastar.2863

Alastar.2863

Is the debate on Ascended gear STILL an issue after almost a year?

Ascended gear is not an issue.

yes, it does provide a boost in stats higher then exotics, yes they are extremely rare rewards in the Fractals of the mist, but they do not throw balance and fairness out the window.

One: its only a small boost from exotic, and if a player knows how to counter/control a fight then the the damage boost won’t mean much, plus the dodge rolls and evasion techniques help out significantly.
In traditional MMO’s, yes if someone had even one point higher stat then the other player then the one with the higher stat would win hands down, but here you can actually use more strategy and maneuvers to give yourself the upper hand, more so then other mmo’s usually do (from the MMO’s I played.)

The biggest thing here: based on what I have seen, heard and read, you can acquire ascended gear from buying them from a vendor with Laurels. so stock up on those and before too long you will have a full set of ascended gear in no time, so whats the concern?

I really do not understand how this has continued to be a concern on the forums when you can actually PLAY THE GAME and see things in action rather then complain about how it COULD be an issue as opposed to whether or not it IS an issue. This “hate” on the developers decisions seems to be stemmed from theory and not facts for the most part. It is good to theorize but if you speculate for OVER A YEAR and are proven wrong time and time again then its time to stop.

Astralporing.1957

This and other threads prove you wrong. You can’t declare something “not an issue” just because it’s not an issue to you.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I really do not understand how this has continued to be a concern on the forums when you can actually PLAY THE GAME and see things in action rather then complain about how it COULD be an issue as opposed to whether or not it IS an issue. This “hate” on the developers decisions seems to be stemmed from theory and not facts for the most part. It is good to theorize but if you speculate for OVER A YEAR and are proven wrong time and time again then its time to stop.

That’s hardly fair. It’s not completely based on speculation because ascended gear already exists.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Ascended weapons are definitely making me consider which alts to put in mothballs. With ascended armor before the end of the year it’s looking like I will be able to keep up with the gear treadmill on two, maybe three characters max.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

yes, it does provide a boost in stats higher then exotics, yes they are extremely rare rewards in the Fractals of the mist, but they do not throw balance and fairness out the window.

10% is not a small difference.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Exotics ARE obsolete. There are for the most part far too expensive for not BiS items.

You can run dungeons for them and not pay anything if you are that cheap. You can get a karma set from Orr for no gold at all, except maybe to rerune.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

You can run dungeons for them and not pay anything if you are that cheap. You can get a karma set from Orr for no gold at all, except maybe to rerune.

And why would you invest ANYTHING for something with inferior stats that also interferes with getting superior stats?

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Sylv.5324

And why would you invest ANYTHING for something with inferior stats that also interferes with getting superior stats?

Because you need to be in something while you slowly put an ascended set together? Unless you plan on fighting naked? XD

Right now, you get karma for almost everything. There’s no reason why you can’t drop some on an exotic set in orr if you refuse to dungeon. Rune that properly, drop a couple gold on an exotic sword, pick up an exotic backpiece for more karma, and you’ll do really well in every aspect of the game.

You act like exotic gear is a big investment of time— it’s not. You can get a full set of exo armor for not a single gold and for just playing content. If you do a lot of WvW, you will have all the karma for a full armor set, backpiece, and possibly trinkets. If you’ve done any dailies or monthlies, you’ll have some ascended trinkets. Heck, you can get ascended trinkets for WvW currencies.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

MikaHR.1978

Because you need to be in something while you slowly put an ascended set together? Unless you plan on fighting naked? XD

Right now, you get karma for almost everything. There’s no reason why you can’t drop some on an exotic set in orr if you refuse to dungeon. Rune that properly, drop a couple gold on an exotic sword, pick up an exotic backpiece for more karma, and you’ll do really well in every aspect of the game.

You act like exotic gear is a big investment of time— it’s not. You can get a full set of exo armor for not a single gold and for just playing content. If you do a lot of WvW, you will have all the karma for a full armor set, backpiece, and possibly trinkets. If you’ve done any dailies or monthlies, you’ll have some ascended trinkets. Heck, you can get ascended trinkets for WvW currencies.

Again, since you seem to not get it, why would ANYONE spend EXACT SAME currencies on something with inferior stats?

Yes, one may wast a lot of crap on exotics. Its neverthless a waste that INTERFERES with getting ascended.

Sylv.5324

So, you refuse to run dungeons or spend karma on exotics? Since as far as I know the new ascended pieces won’t require dungeon tokens or much karmas?

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Wake up to what exactly?

The way I see it, you bought the game (and I assume) because of what they promised, yet only a couple of months after launch they started doing this.

Ascended gear is here to stay, this much should be obvious since they started adding more instead of removing or nerfing them to exotic levels.

They want high concurrency numbers. One person leaving doesn’t matter, whereas a lot would. That’s why they created Ascended in the first place. They’re likely to be looking at ratios of log-ons to sales. More log-ons is likely to mean more sales.

MikaHR.1978

So, you refuse to run dungeons or spend karma on exotics? Since as far as I know the new ascended pieces won’t require dungeon tokens or much karmas?

You can waste your resurces, but nevertheless its a WASTE, since instead of dungeons you might be doing something more efficient to get ascended (like champion train or sumting) and karma is waste by default.

Sylv.5324

So if you are a new player who hits level 80, you’d eschew gearing in rares or exotics in favor of time-gated ascended, even though the cost and time of doing so is pretty minimal (especially if you save your karma, level through wvw, or level through dungeons). Because that makes sense.

If you’re champion training, then buying some exotics really is not a big deal, bro. You can afford a full set of exotic armor in just a few hours of champ training, if you don’t already have exotic armor. You can buy an exotic weapon in less than an hour if you champ train. The investment of time in getting next to best in slot while working on BiS gear is minimal.

No wonder you’re this angry if waiting a few hours or a day frustrates you, geez.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Sylv.5324)

MikaHR.1978

So if you are a new player who hits level 80, you’d eschew gearing in rares or exotics in favor of time-gated ascended, even though the cost and time of doing so is pretty minimal (especially if you save your karma, level through wvw, or level through dungeons). Because that makes sense.

If you’re champion training, then buying some exotics really is not a big deal, bro. You can afford a full set of exotic armor in just a few hours of champ training, if you don’t already have exotic armor. You can buy an exotic weapon in less than an hour if you champ train. The investment of time in getting next to best in slot while working on BiS gear is minimal.

No wonder you’re this angry if waiting a few hours or a day frustrates you, geez.

Sorry if i dont want to and advise others not to waste their resources.

Posted by: Reloading.3260

Reloading.3260

Think this is it for me.

Not looking forward to grinding out 2-4 ascended weapons for 6 characters just to keep up with the Jones.

Or even just the mandatory 2-4 ascended weapons for fractal progression on the chars I run fracs with.

I mean kitten, I just finished getting amulets and acessories for them all, some for multiple builds.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Wake up to what exactly?

You know, it amuses me and makes me cringe a bit by the logic of “if you want it to get better, stop paying or playing”. Because, you know, that worked out pretty well for another game NCsoft was footing the bills for. It’s worth remembering ANet is not the one really with the final say on the game. There’s people above them who, if they see a game taking a bit hit like that, will pull the switch without hesitation.

Some of you may not mind that, but I am talking about everything going away if it does get noticed, rather than getting better. It’s actually much better to keep (civil) complaints on the forums.

Yes, you heard me. If you don’t like it don’t shut up but do please behave yourselves and maybe the thread will be read rather than dismissed as whining.

(Disclaimer: Guarantees of thread being read are nonexistent, as are guarantees they will read it and agree with what you have to say.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Allow me to show you a situation.

Two players in identical gear doing Ascalonian Catacombs. One has a night sigil, the other has no sigil.

The former has 10%+ damage, the latter doesn’t.

Why is this not a big deal to people, but ascended gear is? It’s not even like these people have maxed out their stats properly since they’re too busy “Playing how they want”, they’re just arguing for the hell of it.

Another example.

Defense against guards in WvW increases your HP by about 2.5k. Nobody complains. BUT OMG ITS A MASSIVE DEAL COLESY. Nah, nobody cares.

This ascended gear whining has to stop, it’s just petty, especially considering you can get ascended rings, accessories, amulets and even backpiece (non-infused).

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

morrolan.9608

Defense against guards in WvW increases your HP by about 2.5k. Nobody complains. BUT OMG ITS A MASSIVE DEAL COLESY. Nah, nobody cares.

I’ve seen complaints about it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

This and other threads prove you wrong. You can’t declare something “not an issue” just because it’s not an issue to you.

It is an issue with a small, but very vocal part of the community. I try my best to be tolerant of people’s opinions, but the way those that are “against” ascended items communicate their distaste for them… is some of the most toxic swill I’ve seen in any MMO.

I’ve said this in a different thread, but I’ll restate it here: Your fears regarding a treadmill, regarding the inevitable inclusion of a level cap increase, which require us to do it all again, are completely unfounded. We may get small, tangible ways to improve our character power via gear, but so far these methods have not been game breaking. Nor have they, aside from high level fractals, been a requirement for participating in WvW, PvE, or (obviously) sPvP.

The immaturity of those quoting the manifesto as gospel is appalling. Game development is a constantly evolving, constantly iterative, process. Evidence is there to suggest they wanted Ascended items in the game at launch. If this had been the case we wouldn’t even being having this debate.

That said, I hope they spend more time on horizontal progression with the introduction of new skills and weapon sets for each class. This would be a great deal more entertaining, even if they required the same amount of effort to acquire.

colesy.8490

And what about the night sigil situation? What if you run CoF and you have force/accuracy and they have night/smothering? That’s your 5%+ damage vs. 20%+ damage. I bet people don’t complain about that.

But ascended gear is such a big deal, amirite?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And what about the night sigil situation? What if you run CoF and you have force/accuracy and they have night/smothering? That’s your 5%+ damage vs. 20%+ damage. I bet people don’t complain about that.

It is a big deal for more than the stat boost, it’s a big deal also for the trouble to acquire.

I mean, that’s if I’m reading the posts right.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Are those time gated to get? No need to reply…it was rhetoric.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

It is an issue with a small, but very vocal part of the community. I try my best to be tolerant of people’s opinions, but the way those that are “against” ascended items communicate their distaste for them… is some of the most toxic swill I’ve seen in any MMO.

I’ve said this in a different thread, but I’ll restate it here: Your fears regarding a treadmill, regarding the inevitable inclusion of a level cap increase, which require us to do it all again, are completely unfounded. We may get small, tangible ways to improve our character power via gear, but so far these methods have not been game breaking. Nor have they, aside from high level fractals, been a requirement for participating in WvW, PvE, or (obviously) sPvP.

The immaturity of those quoting the manifesto as gospel is appalling. Game development is a constantly evolving, constantly iterative, process. Evidence is there to suggest they wanted Ascended items in the game at launch. If this had been the case we wouldn’t even being having this debate.

That said, I hope they spend more time on horizontal progression with the introduction of new skills and weapon sets for each class. This would be a great deal more entertaining, even if they required the same amount of effort to acquire.

Let me reiterate, they spent 5 years promising, in every live stream, in every blog about it, and in all their interviews, that there would be no vertical progression, and grind would be for pure cosmetics.

They changed their tune on this post release.

This, and the fact that it’ll take a new player a solid minimum of 5 months to gear up to best in slot – when they promised best in slot would be easy to get – is what has people upset.

The power creep is an off-putter, because the people who played GW1 – the ones who funded the bloody sequel, have all gotten a collective kick in the sack from Anet.

I’ve put my share, and far more than that, into this game in terms of hard cash – they won’t see another dime again. It’s a time killer till the new dragon age comes out, or something equally compelling. It’s a shame, because GW2 had great potential, but they immediately caved to the gaming-locusts, (the dramatic change in development team didn’t help this, I’m sure – you are aware that the only GW1 people left are 1 of 3 founders, about 3 devs, and the PR people?) to the detriment of what the game could have been/was advertised as being.

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Since I’m probably done with the game. I kind of hope the dev’s start raising the level periodically. Would love to see people spend months grinding level 80 ascended gear then spend another few months grinding level 90 ascended gear!

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It is a big deal for more than the stat boost, it’s a big deal also for the trouble to acquire.

I can get weapons with Sigils of Night and Smothering on them for only a few gold, and have them right now. Show me where I can do this with ascended weapons?

That is the problem. Not that they are better, it’s that they are better and have ridiculous timegates attached to getting them.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

morrolan.9608

I can get weapons with Sigils of Night and Smothering on them for only a few gold, and have them right now. Show me where I can do this with ascended weapons?

That is the problem. Not that they are better, it’s that they are better and have ridiculous timegates attached to getting them.

This, I was just about to say the same thing. Plus there is the grind to get to the end of the defence against guards mastery.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

mrstealth.6701

Expecting a developer to stick to the core philosophy they spent years talking about is immature how? I’m not talking about hyped or overhyped PR dribble. This is the core principles of the game’s design that have been chucked out the window.

And I’ve still not seen any evidence of the ascended tier being around before release. The closest thing is Chris Whiteside saying (as I have quoted in a few topics, and I think even earlier in this one) that they wished they had it at launch. They spent years saying they were releasing GW2 “when it was ready”. Even though it did release with quite a few bugs, we can assume that all of the content/items/etc they wanted at release were in and ready. Had they wanted it in at release, it should have been there.

And even if it was in at release, it will still be going against the same game philosophy and design principles. And I, and many others, would still have a problem with it. Being in the game at release or added 5 years after does not change the fact that it is against that philosophy.

mrstealth.6701

This, I was just about to say the same thing. Plus there is the grind to get to the end of the defence against guards mastery.

I have the exact same issues with the guard mastery lines, as do others. Those ranks should be account based. I don’t want to play the same character in wvw all the time, so instead of having one character with rank 150+, I have 1 with 30, a few with 20, some with 15, etc. I don’t think the ability points should be spent on an account basis, so each character can have a tailored set of ability. But let the ranks be earned on an account basis so we aren’t punished/left behind the power creep simply because we play more than one character.

Anet seems to have completely twisted around the aspects of the game that should be account based or character based.

Dyes were supposed to be account based, but are character based.

I get identical b-day gifts on each character, yet the mail going with it specifically mentions my account being a year old.

Items like the Sclerite and Fervid Censer back pieces can only be acquired once per account, while other holiday items like the Mad King books were per character.

Those items don’t really matter in the end, they are mainly cosmetic things, but the point still stands. It’s like someone puts on a blindfold and starts tossing darts to see what is account bound and what is character bound. Some of it simply lacks logic or reason, while others are outright punishing to those that play multiple characters.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Lets stay on topic. Let the topic be about on if ascended items is a death to alts not if it is good for the game there is another thread for that. There are plenty of threads for that.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-do-not-destroy-this-game/

Is the most recent one.

I still hold one reservation in the blog post on the upcoming for 2013 they stated that they would time-gate it to some content. I hope that is not there any longer.

Tomorrow me in WvW may give me the information that I need for that.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

well takes time to gear your alts, that is all, nothing more nothing less.

To those people who rush things.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I suppose it is a matter of gem purchases. At one point I was spending approximately a hundred dollars a month in the gem store…now I am not.

stof.9341

There’s no karma zerk backpiece unfortunately. Neither karma zerk trinkets :/

Oh and good job “runing properly” a temporary set that CANNOT be salvaged :p Way to sink hard earned gold into temporary stuff.

MikaHR.1978

well takes time to gear your alts, that is all, nothing more nothing less.

To those people who rush things.

So, if i log in 2 months from now all my alts will have all ascended gear ill ever need?

Wow!

stof.9341

So if you are a new player who hits level 80, you’d eschew gearing in rares or exotics in favor of time-gated ascended, even though the cost and time of doing so is pretty minimal (especially if you save your karma, level through wvw, or level through dungeons).

I’m not too bothered by gearing in rares I get because all the rares I get go through my mystic salvage kit. I might as well equip them in the mean time since it doesn’t lower their value. I might even put some expensive sigil/rune on them and break one of the many Black Lion salvage kits charges I have left.

But I don’t do that for weapons, the base damage lost with rares from exotics is far too much to ignore. And now ascended weapons come out with exclusive skins. I don’t think I’ll have the heart to reskin some plain exotic on top of an ascended weapon so I’m not sure what to do.

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

One thing I didn’t see mentioned appropriately was about agony resistence. If we have 5 trinkets , 1 back, 6 armor, and 1 or 2 weapons does this mean that new content with require and Agony resistance of 65 to 70 just to stay alive? if so this means the 10% argument is pointless. Who cares how much damage you do if you are dead! This would make full Ascended with Agony stats a requirement to play! Not very alt friendly from that perspective, is it?
I also play many characters every day and this will destroy all the effort I have put into them in one day. I would like to think my time put in mattered…but IDK. If I can get 1 piece for every character at the same time that would be fine but if gearing all of my 8 characters is gonna take a year like it will with the Celestial gear then I am very unhappy with the implementation of new anything.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . you do know you didn’t contradict what I said, right? You just pretty much illustrated exactly the same thing, only with a swipe at me as if I said it wasn’t a problem.

I don’t THINK it’s a problem, personally, but I don’t want to say it’s not one anymore. It might well be an issue and I could be wrong. If I am wrong, then it’s okay. Lesson learned – I am not infallible.

Astralporing.1957

Allow me to show you a situation.

Two players in identical gear doing Ascalonian Catacombs. One has a night sigil, the other has no sigil.

The former has 10%+ damage, the latter doesn’t.

Why is this not a big deal to people, but ascended gear is?

Because you can acquire night sigil relatively easy. If ascended gear was as easy to get, you wouldn’t see me here complaining as much.

Actions, not words.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

One thing I didn’t see mentioned appropriately was about agony resistence. If we have 5 trinkets , 1 back, 6 armor, and 1 or 2 weapons does this mean that new content with require and Agony resistance of 65 to 70 just to stay alive? if so this means the 10% argument is pointless. Who cares how much damage you do if you are dead! This would make full Ascended with Agony stats a requirement to play! Not very alt friendly from that perspective, is it?

Do me a favor, and start looking for people saying you’ll need complete/maximum AR in order to do new content. I’ll wait.

I will note it’s been said the higher Fractals should not have been available, which suggests they can open later levels with higher Agony levels for those people who really need to beat that “dungeon” into the ground even more. I don’t get what rewards are worth it after a point, but the drops in Fractals 30+ must be amazing.

I’ve theorized this could mean Mursaat coming in the future due to their special and well-known Agony. Which was a killer if you didn’t have at least half your armor Infused back in Prophecies . . . if their Agony has been watered down I’ll be more upset, as they shouldn’t be easy punching bags without protection

mrstealth.6701

. . . you do know you didn’t contradict what I said, right? You just pretty much illustrated exactly the same thing, only with a swipe at me as if I said it wasn’t a problem.

That was directed at the other quoted person, colesy.8490. I quoted your quote of his post as a reinforcement of that statement. The swipe was at him, not you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

I feel your pain OP, I use 5 weapons, duo daggers, pistols and a short bow, so 3 months grind just get my weapons up, yay.

colesy.8490

So it’s basically like people whining about precursors where you’re trying to get something that makes a minimum of difference to your efficiency but people want it NOW, so floods of QQ ensue.

Or how about you get over the pitiful stat difference or suck it up and get your ascended weapon when everybody else does? All I’m seeing is “I want it NOW!”.

Because you can acquire night sigil relatively easy. If ascended gear was as easy to get, you wouldn’t see me here complaining as much.

You only need ascended gear for Fractals, why the hurry to get them? Well unless you run fractals 40+ obviously.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

On topic, I know I plan to reduce to a single main, although I’m struggling to pick one.

I think you will see less variety in gear, you won’t see much switching between condition specs, support specs, and power specs. People will pick one kind of gear and run with it. People probably will pick the sigil they like an stick with it. Less experimentation.

But you will see variation within that type, for example, phantasm and shatter mesmers are both designed around zerker gear. Shout and Symbol guardians can both use the same kind of gear, etc…

But realistically, most people are going to gear up one main with different weapons.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Also, who cares if the “need” ascended gear. The fact that people “want” ascended gear is sufficient to limit builds and alts.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.