Ascended Greatsword Looks??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Is this really what the ascended greatsword looks like?
http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/
scroll down to see it. Honestly if this is actually what it looks like thats just…..i mean time gated and we cant get an interesting skin

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I only like the one with primary condition but i need one with power, precision or toughness and these look ugly

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I hope the staff looks nice!

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

SHEESH, more garbage looking weapons. BRING BACK GW1 WEAPONS.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

They look really nice. I guess when you put all that time and effort into something it should at the very least look good. The only issue I think is with the colors changing to match the stats you have on the weapon. It’s pretty much an involuntary gear check. While I personally don’t care, I could imagine quite a lot of people freaking out about how Ascended weapons will give certain people a way to discriminate others based on their gear/build.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Meh I’ll transmute over it. Colors are a nice touch but I prefer what I currently have.

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

I think they are beautiful.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

champ.7021

hmm its not that they dont look good for weapons its that they dont look good for ascended weapons. I would at least ask for foefire/ volcanus quality with an extremely time gated and expensive weapon (expensive from the crafting to 500 and other stuff). Honestly they dont even have effects (or at least none that i can see from the pics on gw2 new blog post).

Hexgame.4802

Did you watch the youtube video of the stream? The greatswords actually glow different colors depending on which you pick.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

they do have effects, check out the livestream. http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2844578

Edit: too slow :p

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Hexgame.4802

Also, if you’re too lazy to watch the whole thing, its about 9 minutes in.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I rather like the GS look hits home pretty hard for what I wanted, only thing is I need to make two to get the colour I want lol

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

The condi one looks cool.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

hmm its not that they dont look good for weapons its that they dont look good for ascended weapons. I would at least ask for foefire/ volcanus quality with an extremely time gated and expensive weapon (expensive from the crafting to 500 and other stuff). Honestly they dont even have effects (or at least none that i can see from the pics on gw2 new blog post).

Volcanus, Foefire, Jormag’s breath, etc. will still have a place in the game simply because their skins can be applied on other weapons. I guess if you don’t like how the Ascended weapons look you have the option of transmuting a different weapon skin. In fact, if you don’t want people knowing what build you’re using then transmuting might actually serve a practical purpose as well.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I don’t really know what to say about those other than….

By the power of Grayskull!

Attachments:

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

they look like something you’d find in a jrpg

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Great news that you don’t like them. You then save the worry about crafting them.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/
scroll down to see it. Honestly if this is actually what it looks like thats just…..i mean time gated and we cant get an interesting skin

Because the skin is already in the Fractals.Why the new ascended items must have better skin even if they are time gated?

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Looks like they will be selling a bunch of transmute crystals as well. Not surprised tbh. Maybe we can get a sale on them if we’re lucky?

champ.7021

Volcanus, Foefire, Jormag’s breath, etc. will still have a place in the game simply because their skins can be applied on other weapons. I guess if you don’t like how the Ascended weapons look you have the option of transmuting a different weapon skin. In fact, if you don’t want people knowing what build you’re using then transmuting might actually serve a practical purpose as well.

I understand that, but the point i was trying to make is that the time it takes and money it takes to make an ascended weapon (We dont know yet but i think it will be fairly expensive) you would expect them to give you something better. Im about half way to a foefire’s essence and i really wanted to just spend that money on an ascended weapon instead. If people like the skins than thats fine, and Anet did their job. I was just expecting more….

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I personally think the GS skins are gorgeous. Pain that I’ll have to make 2 and transmute for skins/stats unless I get lucky with a drop.

So, each to their own I guess.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I think it’s nice but I think there should be more sound and particle effects to them. I’m happy regardless for the skins because I’m tired of the cliché crystal rock formation or the fiery apocalyptic look.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

What pains me even more is that they only show Greatswords.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

“Most of the legendaries are updated to have bigger footsteps and flashier effects.”

The footsteps are the thing I hate most, not just about legendary, but that is the thing I dislike mostly in the entire game lol =|

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

darn i want the celestial look but condition stats.great..can that be transmuted?
orange is sooooo not gonna go with anything at all….just no!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

“Most of the legendaries are updated to have bigger footsteps and flashier effects.”

The footsteps are the thing I hate most, not just about legendary, but that is the thing I dislike mostly in the entire game lol =|

Well, a lot of people have the opposite opinion to you. And anyway, that’s what legendaries are supposed to be, flashy.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

I just hope they add more skin options for those of use that would really prefer an Ascended item that isn’t as overly ornate/clunky/WoW’ish. Less goof, more grit.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

did you really think they were going to make good looking ascended gear so you didn’t have to buy gems transmutation stones and expensive skins?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

did you really think they were going to make good looking ascended gear so you didn’t have to buy gems transmutation stones and expensive skins?

15 or something www badges give krytan skin. No need for transmutation stones.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Ugly!

But to me most of the legendary weapons are also.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I like how they look, but will probably still transmute over it anyway. My guardian, for example (who gets first dibs on any new gear) uses power, prec and toughness as main stats… but really the only of those that would fit with his armor style is the white one, but not interested in healing for his build and no way I’m going to craft a time gated ascended weapon just for the skin, so I’ll just transmute to other skin that fits better (currently the guild commendation greatsword).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I like how the white one looks but …. They do look quite lacklustre in general.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I like the GS skin, but I don’t like that color is tied to the stats. Brown is one of the ugliest colors in existence and is overused in GW2 as it is, and now if I use a Carrion GS I’m stuck with more brown. Would much rather be able to dye weapons or have a choice…

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

seriously orange for my condi mesmer is terrible.purple beams with an orange glowing weapon…ugh…i think i might just craft celestials for the skin and then craft one with the stats i want. will take longer. plus having colors giving away your spec in wvw is not the best thing….
“oh look tis a berserker mesmer with a red ascended. oh look a healing spec guardian with a blue ascended…….”

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Not to my tastes, but they’re at least moderately practical I suppose. I’d just transmute mine into my trusty norn greatsword.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

SHEESH, more garbage looking weapons. BRING BACK GW1 WEAPONS.

They would only butcher them and sell them through RNG boxes in the in-game store (see Zodiac weapons).

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Can they even be transmuted?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

They look absolutly terrible, what was the designer thinking when she made this.