Ascended Item Disposal

Ascended Item Disposal

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Feallmharfoir.3706

Feallmharfoir.3706

I am posting this thread, because I feel like it is an issue for many people, and something that should be highly considered for a solution.

Ascended Items – They are great, and everyone wants them, but we only want the ones we need. I get a ton of them through random drops, PvP, or what have you, that are useless to my builds. What can I do with them? At this point all I can do is waste bank space.

Suggestion – There should be a way to properly sell them. I think that we should be able to sell them for an in-game currency that isn’t gold, but can be related to ascended items or mats. For example laurels. I think that we should be able to get rid of unwanted ascended items in exchange for this that way we can at least be able to work towards what we really want.

Warning – DO NO PUT THEM IN THE GLOBAL TRADING SYSTEM.

Please reply if you agree or disagree, or have any other suggestions. I am really hoping that enough people will reply so that this topic will be considered.

´¨)
¸.•´¸.•
´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Sly

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

At least give us the option to salvage unused ascended armor. I have plenty of full ascended armor sets sleeping in my bank and wasting slots. They all made me happy for a while but know i feel its better to just salvage the armorpieces and get some mats back. Some mats. I dont want everything. But i want it soon

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

currently the collection spoons sell for almost twice what ascended stuff at a vendor, what a joke… not being able to do anything with all the crappy ascended items that RNG has “gifted” me with is, in my opinion, the ultimate middle finger from you know who… you can’t even put them in the mystic toilet…

Ascended Item Disposal

Feallmharfoir.3706

At least give us the option to salvage unused ascended armor. I have plenty of full ascended armor sets sleeping in my bank and wasting slots. They all made me happy for a while but know i feel its better to just salvage the armorpieces and get some mats back. Some mats. I dont want everything. But i want it soon

I’d be fine with the salvage idea. At least it is something!

´¨)
¸.•´¸.•
´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Sly

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I have no problem with ascended being sellable. Why not? If someone wants to buy them give them the option, if not they can make it themselves or wait for an RnG drop. You can buy a legendary, but not ascended items on the BLT, go figure.

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I agree. Ascended items ought to be at least salvageable, even if the powers that be don’t want to make them sellable on the TP. I don’t understand why legendaries can be traded on the TP but not ascended.

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

[quote=5038780;joe.7684: ]I don’t understand why legendaries can be traded on the TP but not ascended.[/quote]

Because they introduced Ascended gear after they realized how big of a mistake it was to make Legendaries tradable.

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’d be happy if you could mystic forge them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Ascended Item Disposal

Feallmharfoir.3706

I can see why they don’t want to make the items available for trade, and that is so the game is less pay to win. On the other hand you can just buy all the necessary materials and in theory you are still buying the item, but this takes a lot more time and requires professions, so it is almost a balance. I don’t think they should be for sell. I think there should be more requirements than just gold to get top gear.

´¨)
¸.•´¸.•
´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Sly

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Ascended Salvage Kit

what I would like to see

Ascended Salvage Kit breaks down Ascended Armor and Ascended Weapons returning materials to the player.

Example Armor (Medium)
Zojja’s Guise (coat)
Vision Crystalx1
Zojja’s Berserker Insigniax1
Elonian Longcoat Paddingx1
Elonian Longcoat Panelx1
Runex1

Example Weapon (Huntsman)
Zojja’s Revolver
Zojja’s Berserker Inscriptionx1
Deldrimor Steel Pistol Barrelx1
Spiritwood Pistol Framex1
Vision Crystalx1
Sigilx1

Possible use for Jewelry.

JQ Druid

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Ascended Salvage Kit

what I would like to see

Ascended Salvage Kit breaks down Ascended Armor and Ascended Weapons returning materials to the player.

Example Armor (Medium)
Zojja’s Guise (coat)
Vision Crystalx1
Elonian Longcoat Panelx1
Runex1

Zojja’s Revolver
Vision Crystalx1
Sigilx1

Salvaging is a good idea, but I think the system programming is stacked against implementing it.
When you salvage a piece of light level 80 rare armor (for example), you end up with silk scraps. Not bolts of silk. or silk armor components.
The problem is that if you back up ascended armor to that level, you have not one but several types of materials. Working it backwards it’s Ascended Armor→ Armor sub-components → Bolt of Damask → wool/cotton/linen/silk-weaving-thread.

So at the base level there’s a difference in how it’s coded.

Sure, it would be nice if you could salvage ascended armor and get wool, cotton, linen, and silk weaving threads. That would be sensible, but I get the feeling the programming code is a different animal from standard armor, and thus incompatible with the current salvaging system.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Ascended Salvage Kit

what I would like to see

Example Armor (Medium)
Zojja’s Guise (coat)
Vision Crystalx1
Elonian Longcoat Panelx1
Runex1

Zojja’s Revolver
Vision Crystalx1
Sigilx1

Salvaging is a good idea, but I think the system programming is stacked against implementing it.
When you salvage a piece of light level 80 rare armor (for example), you end up with silk scraps. Not bolts of silk. or silk armor components.
The problem is that if you back up ascended armor to that level, you have not one but several types of materials. Working it backwards it’s Ascended Armor-> Armor sub-components -> Bolt of Damask -> wool/cotton/linen/silk-weaving-thread.

So at the base level there’s a difference in how it’s coded.

Sure, it would be nice if you could salvage ascended armor and get wool, cotton, linen, and silk weaving threads. That would be sensible, but I get the feeling the programming code is a different animal from standard armor, and thus incompatible with the current salvaging system.

I know little about code, but what you say makes sense. I was thinking more along the line of a separate item completely, for example the [Upgrade Extractor] sold in the gem store. I wouldn’t mind having to purchase this “Ascended Salvage Kit” strictly through the gem store.

Anet makes a profit and after the initial rush to buy this item materials like I listed above wouldn’t unbalance the TP.

JQ Druid

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Aren’t there certain special insignias that you can salvage?

Make ascended insignia salvageable from weapons/armor. That shouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

It’d be a bit overpowered to get them from accessories since they’re so much cheaper to obtain than armor and without any materials for 500 Jeweler it’s hard to offer suggestions for that.

Baring all that, maybe scrapping ascended could just give high amounts of base materials. Like 200-250 silk/gossamer etc. instead of 0-3. Come to think of it, why stop there? Maybe 0-100 of every single material tier, since every tier goes into ascended crafting, and often it’s the low-mid tier materials that are a pain to gather for high level characters.

Ascended Item Disposal

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

You should be able to put 4 accessories or weapons or armor and get one random item with assignable stats. A 4 for 1 trade in to get something you might actually want would be totally reasonable, and couldn’t possibly be that difficult to code….

Ascended Item Disposal

Feallmharfoir.3706

Really liking all the feed back. I think that salvaging it and then getting every material required to make it again wouldn’t happen. Just because it isn’t the case really anywhere else in the game. However, salvaging it and getting a percentage of its worth is possible.

I also enjoy the idea behind Mystic forge. I actually think that this solution is better than my laurel solution. It makes sense all around. It is a percentage of the randoms worth, and it is an already working mechanic in the game.

´¨)
¸.•´¸.•
´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Sly