Ascended Items with Pristine Relics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Why are the newer ascended items (trinkets/amulets) not able to be acquired in FoTM? Their purpose is to give agony resistance so why not let us either get them from jade maw dailies or trade pristine relics for them…

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

To precizely seperate them from the method of grinding FotM and making them gear meant for all players.

If you could trade them in for pristine relics then that would mean that if you grinded you could possibly get them faster and more of them. Now there is an achievement gate instead of a gate that includes grinding up to higher levels of FotM to get pristine relics.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Dr Ritter.1327

To precizely seperate them from the method of grinding FotM and making them gear meant for all players.

If you could trade them in for pristine relics then that would mean that if you grinded you could possibly get them faster and more of them. Now there is an achievement gate instead of a gate that includes grinding up to higher levels of FotM to get pristine relics.

If i want to grind for it i should be able to

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Game design is not about what you think you want or consider fair.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Except you can get infusions that aren’t agony resistance, ergo their only purpose is not Fractals.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why are the newer ascended items (trinkets/amulets) not able to be acquired in FoTM? Their purpose is to give agony resistance so why not let us either get them from jade maw dailies or trade pristine relics for them…

Because Anet doesn’t want you to play the way you like. They want you to play the way they like.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Dr Ritter.1327

Game design is not about what you think you want or consider fair.

must be some great design since i have a whole load of these leftover relics that do nothing…

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Because Anet doesn’t want you to play the way you like. They want you to play the way they like.

But isn’t that exactly what was said multiple times? (Yes, I realize your sarcasm. I’m just re-iterating your point.)

I’m still hopeful that with the March update they may add current Ascended gear to the Fractal merchant. As there’s currently no point to Pristine Relics if you’ve already gotten your rings.

Posted by: Stoppable.5814

Stoppable.5814

If this were true, ascended items would be meant for more than agony resist. Alas, it is not so. If you don’t run fractals, you don’t NEED ascended gear.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

So grinding daily and guild raid……i mean missions is better?

Posted by: Stoppable.5814

Stoppable.5814

At the very least if anet wants to keep the method of getting new ascended items how they are now, would be nice if fractal vendor had normal exotic stat trinkets with infusion slot. That way we could still get our agony resistance and advance without waiting multiple weeks/months depending on how focused/active your guild is. Ascended items and agony resistance, although introduced together, are not one in the same; meaning the stat bonus is irrelevant when you consider only fotm.

I disagree. The bonus you gain is extremely small and people have done the math where it’s like a 2-3% difference with back and rings. If you want ascended items, you should earn them and earn them where they’re meant to be earned. The only ascended item that would make sense as being for everyone would be the necks and that is specifically because of the utility infusion slot. Other than that, all other slots are geared towards fractals.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

I don’t think you understood what I was saying. I’m fine with earning Ascended however Anet sees fit, I’m saying I don’t think that should be a gate for agony resistance. If fotm vendors had exotic stat trinkets w/ infusion slot available solely so we could get more agony resistance then progression wouldn’t be tied to laurels/commendations as they are now. Originally fotm was in a side-world of it’s own though, so I guess this is what anet/players wanted. It makes more sense to me though for there to be a way to progress in fotm through fotm.

Now you progress by killing x something and crafting x something, real skill challenge.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Yes it’s bloody ridiculous that we have all these currencies for different ascended gear. It’s ANet’s way of making you play the way they want, not how you want.