Ascended Knight's Gear

Ascended Knight's Gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Achilles.2950

Achilles.2950

I’ll keep this short and concise. Either through fractals or laurels, Knight’s stats (Power, Precision, Toughness) ascended gear does not exist. I’m sure this is the same for many other stat combinations.

Now as a non-hardcore player purchasing one of these items is the end result of a lot of time and effort, I’d rather not purchase Pow,Tough,Vit if Knight’s gear is in the works. Could we get official clarification on whether we should wait for more ascended items with new stats, or make do with the current ones.

Thanks,
Achilles.

Markrox – Guild Leader for Team Aggression [TA]

(edited by Achilles.2950)

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I was thinking about this on the way to work.
I don’t think they’ll ever add PPT Ascended gear. Why?
It’ll push crit chance closer to 100%, and they don’t want that.
Even more evidence that Ascended gear really wasn’t planned before release and that Exotic was supposed to be the top tier. They’re having to compromise stats in order not to break the game, hence the closest to Knight’s Ascended you can get being Power / Crit Damage / Toughness.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

I was wondering the same as the OP but thinking of the lack of berserker’s.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

I was thinking about this on the way to work.
I don’t think they’ll ever add PPT Ascended gear. Why?
Even more evidence that Ascended gear really wasn’t planned before release and that Exotic was supposed to be the top tier. They’re having to compromise stats in order not to break the game, hence the closest to Knight’s Ascended you can get being Power / Crit Damage / Toughness.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_ascended_equipment

You can get Berserker’s, in fact as far as rings go, they are the most common.

25/90 never forget.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Mungrul.9358

Hmmm, fair point. I wonder if they consider the combination of damage and durability overpowered then?
Or are they just being lazy with not implementing a Knight’s Ascended option?

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: AwwGee.5628

AwwGee.5628

Rampage doesn’t exist either.

Then there’s the kitten MF stats.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Mungrul.9358

It is rather disappointing, isn’t it?
Whole gear stat lines need to be finished off, such as only 5/6 PVT pieces being available from Temple Karma vendors (was this fixed in the new patch?), yet ArenaNet persist in adding the ever-unpopular Ascended gear, and in a way that’s simply not consistent with existing stat lines.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

You’re trolling right? So far, for every slot ascended has been made for, there is a berzerker option available – Red Ring of Death, Crystaline Band, do you even know what you’re talking about?

There’s no Knights option, no Carrion option, no Rampagers, no option for the healers, yet it caters heavily to the crit/burst builds without any stat compromise to their build.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

I can barely get to 50% in full knights. If you are talking about one class (name it, it is warrior) they should fix the class instead of gimping all the other classes` builds that rely on knights stats (there are a lot of those).
Anyway, you can get same precision as Knights via ascended Wayfarers, Berserkers, Rabid.

I really, REALLY wish to hear the reasoning behind current ascended stats distribution. Because I don`t see anything remotely logical in it. A lot of nomenclatures are absent. Of those present half are the mixes of two nomenclatures, and half are pure 3 stats. No items with primary Precision or Vitality. Three primary Power. One primary Toughness. Healing as a stat is pretty much non-existent, but there are two different items with MF.

People are forced into wearing exotics as opposed to ascended, because exotics actually give more of the useful stats for a lot of builds.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

You’re trolling right? So far, for every slot ascended has been made for, there is a berzerker option available – Red Ring of Death, Crystaline Band, do you even know what you’re talking about?

There’s no Knights option, no Carrion option, no Rampagers, no option for the healers, yet it caters heavily to the crit/burst builds without any stat compromise to their build.

Aggro much? No, I’m not trolling. I’ve only recently got somewhat close to ‘end game’ and am obviously still learning what there is. No shame in that. You, however, going out of your way to bash my response is just pitiful.

Thanks for clearing that up nevertheless.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

It is rather disappointing, isn’t it?
Whole gear stat lines need to be finished off, such as only 5/6 PVT pieces being available from Temple Karma vendors

Actually you can get between 4 to 6 pieces of any karma set of gear from the Orr vendors. I’m not sure if this is just oversight on Anet’s behalf, and not realizing the missing stat combos, even though majority are doubled up or tripled up between vendors. It may also have just been a ploy to get people to do the dungeons however.

+1 for wanting Ascended Knight’s gear.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Well this would mess with my warrior if they never add knights.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Mungrul.9358

Check it when you have time; if you want temple armour with Power / Vitality / Toughness, you will only be able to get 5/6 pieces, no matter if you’re Heavy, Medium or Light. It’s designed like this.
On top of that, you have to get it from different temples; you can’t get your 5/6 from one temple, only up to 2 pieces. So that means no 6/6 runeset for you.
I can only guess that their intention was to encourage stat spread by buying all of your Karma gear from one particular temple vendor.

It’s also scandalous that it’s taken them this long to add jewellery & accessories to the temple vendors.

But then it really ticks me off that not all stat combinations or quality levels can be crafted. It devalues crafting. As has been highlighted, Ascended gear is effectively killing Jeweller as a craft, as why would people bother crafting Exotic jewellery when it’s not BiS?
This will only extend to armour when they finally introduce the Ascended tier to that unless they allow us to craft Ascended quality gear.
Congratulations ArenaNet, you’re making one major aspect of your game entirely redundant in order to satiate those people who want to chase higher gear tiers.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Aelaren.3784

Jeweller could still be useful if they allowed exo jewels slotting and just made main stats on ascended trinkets a bit higher, to compensate. That would also allow for a lot of different stats combination than the current ascended.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hmmm, fair point. I wonder if they consider the combination of damage and durability overpowered then?

More likely they are playing only burst thieves and warriors, so they don’t consider other options important. Besides MF of course – we cannot possibly forget the best stat in the game, after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Besides MF of course – we cannot possibly forget the best stat in the game, after all.

Yep. Everyone needs to have a full set of Wayfarer’s gear. MF / Tough / Vit is totally overpowered.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

there is a visible lack of Cleric ascended gear,

also this:

But then it really ticks me off that not all stat combinations or quality levels can be crafted. It devalues crafting. As has been highlighted, Ascended gear is effectively killing Jeweller as a craft, as why would people bother crafting Exotic jewellery when it’s not BiS?
This will only extend to armour when they finally introduce the Ascended tier to that unless they allow us to craft Ascended quality gear.
Congratulations ArenaNet, you’re making one major aspect of your game entirely redundant in order to satiate those people who want to chase higher gear tiers.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

More likely they are playing only burst thieves and warriors, so they don’t consider other options important. Besides MF of course – we cannot possibly forget the best stat in the game, after all.

This man speaks the truth. Anet guild that employees play in is all BS GC thieves and d/d eles with a dash of warriors thrown in.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Hey, I don’t want to self-promote or anything at all, but I’ve made a topic which concerns everything with Ascended items – including lack of Knight. Feel free to state you opinion there as well. If we can make it big enough then maybe ANet will do something about lacking aspects of the game.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I totally agree, they need all of the basic stats we’ve had access to since level 55 or so in as ascended. There is a massive lack of +healing gear (I don’t even use this sort of gear… but what the kitten…)

Even if they made them only craftable… I would be fine with that (and it would help make crafting worth while again).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Just noticed this as well. I’m just going to stick to my exo rings until i see something that matches my build better. I will most probably buy the “jack of all trades” amulet with the utility slot though (because the others are all useless +4 to stat) with laurels. other than that I will most likely save my laurels until i can get the cat tonic for jumping puzzles.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Panzen.4625

Panzen.4625

Right now it is not much of a problem. Just use Cavalier’s (pwr, tough, critdmg%) items. It comboes very nicely with knight’s gear and fury and has some of the best critdmg% for stat tradeoff rates in the game.

However, if they add (much?) more ascended gear, this will somewhen become a problem, this is true. So for future updates they should really consider making some items with knight’s stats. Doesn’t even need to be pure knight’s. They could have the same precision as exotic knight’s items and add a little vit or something instead.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Aelaren.3784

Right now it is not much of a problem. Just use Cavalier’s (pwr, tough, critdmg%) items. It comboes very nicely with knight’s gear and fury and has some of the best critdmg% for stat tradeoff rates in the game.

The hell it is a problem all right. I do not have fury on any regular basis and the less I crit the less buffs I give out to allies. I don`t give a …. about the damage I do, because couple of might stacks on 4 people is more damage per second bonus than I can achieve by some measely critdamage %.

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

The hell it is a problem all right. I do not have fury on any regular basis and the less I crit the less buffs I give out to allies. I don`t give a …. about the damage I do, because couple of might stacks on 4 people is more damage per second bonus than I can achieve by some measely critdamage %.

Thank you, I was about to post the same thing actually. If I wanted something other than Knight’s I would be using something other than Knight’s. Power/crit % damage is worthless to my build; well maybe not worthless but it sure doesn’t help as much as a guaranteed crit chance (with fury) along with the ability to soak some damage.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Reldnahc.7451

Reldnahc.7451

I agree, I think it’s ridiculous. On my Guardian, I like to have full Cleric’s main gear and then round it out with Knight’s gear in the accessory area. I’m getting pretty gimped though because the closest thing I can achieve to this would either be full Berzerker’s(which doesn’t provide the defensive stats I enjoy) or the Celestial items(which provide mediocre everything and wastes stats). I like having the bonus Precision because it helps me provide Might to allies and the inherent crit damage bonus I have from traits gets utilized better.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I was going to make this thread.

Where is our Knight’s ascended gear? Why do thieves get nice ascended berserker’s gear to do their ridiculous damage but everyone else who wants to survive these hits gets shafted?

Still no reply from Anet on this either…

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

Why do thieves get nice ascended berserker’s gear to do their ridiculous damage but everyone else who wants to survive these hits gets shafted?

^THIS^

I’m really reaching a breaking point with this game. My guardian (main) is all knight’s, which is not unusual for the profession. It is a highly conventional set of stats that favors support and survivability. Knight’s is so conventional that it is craftable. I did not roll a guardian to become some berzerker/support hybrid! Soldier’s stats will not cut it for my build, either.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I was going to make this thread.

Where is our Knight’s ascended gear? Why do thieves get nice ascended berserker’s gear to do their ridiculous damage but everyone else who wants to survive these hits gets shafted?

Still no reply from Anet on this either…

You can still get major vit or toughness stats, and you can equip the same as a thief and most classes can build about as glass cannon as a thief, though, that’s what usually gets them killed and sent running to forums even if it wasn’t a thief who killed them (they’re just easy to blame because stealth). You’d do better with vit as a major stat then toughness anyway against the thief build you’re implying.

Anyway, I don’t really care anymore, gave up on this mess, I’ll probably log on once in awhile with the same exotics and listen to geared out dungeon crawlers cry every chance they get in WvW.

Kash
NSP

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

This is a 17 day old thread that was bumped. Anet has since commented on this issue, saying they will be adding more stat combos for ascended gear in the future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-amulets-and-ascended-items-overall/page/4

We do plan on adding more stat combo to existing ascended item types as well as adding more stat combos to new types.

~Izzy @-’—-

(edited by Ehra.5240)

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

There are a lot of combinations ANet left out of the game period.

one of the glaring ones is:

pow/condition damage/ toughness

They should add these. It’s not a HARD thing to add these stat combos.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guild Wars has always been about balanced builds, rather than focused builds. I believe this is one of the reasons you can’t get a full set of one armor from some sources, or that different armors don’t exist at all.

A lot of people want to focus there stats, even though higher stats have diminishing returns. A lot of people want glass cannon builds. But having a piece of armor up a stat that you’re using a little less probably won’t greatly hurt you and may indeed help you.

I’m a big fan, personally, of balanced builds rather than focused builds. I find myself more survivable in harder areas, while at the same time putting out a reasonable amount of damage.

Anet may not be lazy. They may be making the game they want to make.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Guild Wars has always been about balanced builds, rather than focused builds. I believe this is one of the reasons you can’t get a full set of one armor from some sources, or that different armors don’t exist at all.

Your thought out argument has been made completely invalid by fact, that one of the stats supported by Anet is Berserker. You can’t get any further from a balanced build than that.
Also, i don’t know where the “diminishing return” story came from, but it’s simply untrue.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

People are trying to look into this way too much. There aren’t more stat combinations to choose from because Anet hasn’t gotten around to making more yet. That’s really all there is too it. They’ll be adding more combos in the future.

If everyone were meant to have balanced builds then the only choice we’d have would be Celestial.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Please post your concerns about missing stat combos in this bigger, general thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-amulets-and-ascended-items-overall/first to avoid cluttering the forums with multiple threads about the same issue and giving the mods a reason to lock them. Also do notice that the thread I linked as a red response, albeit kinda unsatisfactory.

@ Vayne Knight’s gear is the definition of balanced build, Berserker is not (maximizing damage). Guess which combination currently is in ascended gear and which one is missing.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

I can barely get to 50% in full knights. If you are talking about one class (name it, it is warrior) they should fix the class instead of gimping all the other classes` builds that rely on knights stats (there are a lot of those).
Anyway, you can get same precision as Knights via ascended Wayfarers, Berserkers, Rabid.

I really, REALLY wish to hear the reasoning behind current ascended stats distribution. Because I don`t see anything remotely logical in it. A lot of nomenclatures are absent. Of those present half are the mixes of two nomenclatures, and half are pure 3 stats. No items with primary Precision or Vitality. Three primary Power. One primary Toughness. Healing as a stat is pretty much non-existent, but there are two different items with MF.

People are forced into wearing exotics as opposed to ascended, because exotics actually give more of the useful stats for a lot of builds.

dont tell them to nerf warriors, nerf your class for saying warriors are overpowered, they arent unless you can play them right. just like every other class. just because you get killed a bunch in pvp by warriors doesnt make warriors overpowered or your class underpowered, it means you arent playing your class the way it was meant to be played.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

A lot of people want to focus there stats, even though higher stats have diminishing returns. A lot of people want glass cannon builds. But having a piece of armor up a stat that you’re using a little less probably won’t greatly hurt you and may indeed help you.

I’m a big fan, personally, of balanced builds rather than focused builds. I find myself more survivable in harder areas, while at the same time putting out a reasonable amount of damage.

Anet may not be lazy. They may be making the game they want to make.

Is that the reason why the first ascended gear was “berserker”? They wanted to encourage “balanced” builds?

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Ascended Gear would have been the perfect opportunity to allow players to customize their gear-stats using sockets.

For example every Ascended items would consist of 3 stats, 1 primary and 2 secondary. You could then find/buy sockets of any stat that you could socket into the new Ascended item.

You want a Power/Precision/Vitality item? No problem, make one!

You want Toughness/Crit-Damage/Condition Damage? No problem either.

But now…they conceived what is probably the worst form of item progression I have witnessed in an MMO.

Ascended Knight's Gear

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

dont tell them to nerf warriors, nerf your class for saying warriors are overpowered, they arent unless you can play them right. just like every other class. just because you get killed a bunch in pvp by warriors doesnt make warriors overpowered or your class underpowered, it means you arent playing your class the way it was meant to be played.

Let me guess…you play a Warrior?

Face it mate, Warriors are by FAR the favored class in the game, especially in PvE. They need a good swift nerfing or every other class aside from maybe guard/mesmer need huge buffs to be brought way up to their level.

As for the ascended gear, I would like to see the stats added as well. While the current stuff works out for my Thief(who has all Berserker jewelry to go with Soldier armor), my Guardian is in need of Knight’s jewelry.