Ascended PVP gear

Ascended PVP gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ntropi.9785

ntropi.9785

Am I the only one that thinks the change in price is a bit ridiculous? If I did my math correctly, then aside from the ascended shards of glory, it went from costing ~2gold for an armor set to costing roughly 300gold. (I only added it up for heavy armor)

Had we been given any significant warning of the change, I would see no inherent problem with it, as it revalues the gear similar to regular crafted gear. The problem I have with it is that the first mention of it seems to be 5 days ago. Is it too much to ask that a 15,000% price hike be given more than 5 days notice? It is the equivalent of announcing that in 5 days, all precursors were going to jump in price to roughly 100,000 gold.

The irony of it is that I was saving those ascended shards to use after this balance patch, because I didn’t want to make the same mistake again where I geared up a Revenant in ascended gear only to have it nerfed into oblivion. Now the currency that I planned to use has been nerfed into oblivion.

My recommendation, if Anet is listening, is to revert the change in price ONLY until the next PVP season starts, and more Ascended shards of glory are brought into the game. You’ve devalued an account bound currency while it was sitting in everyone’s wallets, rather than devaluing the next wave of incoming currency.

TLDR: Please hold off on making my Ascended Shards of Glory worthless until I can spend the ones I have.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Ruthenium Panther.8679

Ruthenium Panther.8679

I second this. I dont play ranked much, but I pulled myself through this to earn additional ascended set. I didnt spend it pre-patch, so I basically ****ed up. GJ Anet.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

I agree
Let us spend the Ascended shards of glory untill next season starts.

To be honest PvP ascended gear was to cheap/easy to get BUT now they nerfed the rewards pvp rewardchests and increase the cost significantly!

Only 50 Asc shards of glory / chest? Getting the same amount of shards as last season will require you to complete the Byzantium chest 18TIMES!! Who has the time?…

Also the material cost of the MARKS is pretty expensive and timegated like crazy! 20Tailor Marks = 40 Square of Vabbian Silk = 40 Spool of Silk Weaving Thread.. That is 40days of crafting and waiting..

This is still way cheaper than crafting Trailblazer’s / Minstel’s from scratch but come on..

Grinding for shards is not a thing i’m looking forward to :/

Ascended PVP gear

Ruthenium Panther.8679

This is just so unfair for those who didnt spend their asc shards, I just lost like 300g or more. They used to send me spam about WvW polls, but they didnt informed me about this matter, nice.
This is so embarrassing that I simply dont want to play your game anymore, Anet.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I will agree the timing was short notice, however, the acquisition of ascended armor in PvP was the most lucrative way of getting it. It needed to be brought inline with crafting, same with Fractal vendor.

I’m just surprised that the raid vendor wasn’t touched though…

Kitten.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

Am I the only one that thinks the change in price is a bit ridiculous? If I did my math correctly, then aside from the ascended shards of glory, it went from costing ~2gold for an armor set to costing roughly 300gold. (I only added it up for heavy armor)

Had we been given any significant warning of the change, I would see no inherent problem with it, as it revalues the gear similar to regular crafted gear. The problem I have with it is that the first mention of it seems to be 5 days ago. Is it too much to ask that a 15,000% price hike be given more than 5 days notice? It is the equivalent of announcing that in 5 days, all precursors were going to jump in price to roughly 100,000 gold.

The irony of it is that I was saving those ascended shards to use after this balance patch, because I didn’t want to make the same mistake again where I geared up a Revenant in ascended gear only to have it nerfed into oblivion. Now the currency that I planned to use has been nerfed into oblivion.

My recommendation, if Anet is listening, is to revert the change in price ONLY until the next PVP season starts, and more Ascended shards of glory are brought into the game. You’ve devalued an account bound currency while it was sitting in everyone’s wallets, rather than devaluing the next wave of incoming currency.

TLDR: Please hold off on making my Ascended Shards of Glory worthless until I can spend the ones I have.

No you are not alone that’s for sure! I just posted the following in the PVP section of the forum but thought i’d post it in as many areas that are applicable.

I’m sorry, because I’m usually VERY on board with everything that Arena Net does. However, this thing with the new items required to buy the PVP Ascended Armor is unbelievably straight up BS! If I would’ve known I would’ve bought a whole set (or as much as I could’ve) beforehand.

I worked hard to earn the shards of glory and the new currency from the league season, and now I’m asked to basically CRAFT it like I’m crafting ascended armor normally (at a “slight discount” according to Arena Net officials, which is again BS… LOL it raises the price CONSIDERABLY). Again, I say, BS!

I’m sorry but I know that I’m not the only one feeling this way. This was an unnecessary change and should be rectified, although I doubt it will be. Unfortunately, if it stays as it is, that means I will NEVER buy the new PVP armor, that’s a guarantee I can make, and it’s too bad because the original way was a GREAT WAY for PVP players to obtain full sets of ascended gear, and now that’s been taken away.

I can understand them doing it in fractals, as you already have the chance to get ascended boxes just by playing, but in PVP it is absolutely a slap in the face.

Sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said, as I know others feel the same, and will voice the same opinions as me. Maybe we can get a change, as low as the odds are that that will happen, but I implore Arena Net to at least give it some thought.

Sincerely,
Gish

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

As you said it yourself, you had 5 days before the change. More than enough.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

There is also a chance for ascended items in PvP chests.
The armor from ascended shards of glory was just ridiculous cheap. Even if you bought all normal shards of glory needed for the pieces you could bought it would be a little over 7g for 5/6 armor pieces.

They tought about it and found that is too cheap compared to other methods.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

If they had sent an in-game mail to people who had Ascended Shards of Glory then I would agree. Instead they put a post on the News and Announcement part of their forums not an article on the front page of the site, not the launcher not even a post in the PvP section.

That’s not enough time or notice or a good enough attempt at actually informing people but they’ve never been good at communication so I’m not surprised.

I’m glad I noticed someone else’s post on the matter, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to spend my shards in time.

Ascended PVP gear

Haleydawn.3764

If they had sent an in-game mail to people who had Ascended Shards of Glory then I would agree. Instead they put a post on the News and Announcement part of their forums not an article on the front page of the site, not the launcher not even a post in the PvP section.

That’s not enough time or notice or a good enough attempt at actually informing people but they’ve never been good at communication so I’m not surprised.

I’m glad I noticed someone else’s post on the matter, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to spend my shards in time.

User agreement, 2a “ArenaNet may modify, remove, or add Content in its reasonable discretion.”

Kitten.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I still don’t understand why the best / cheapest way in the game to get ascended gear (time and currency wise) was thru PVP, a game mode that doesn’t use it. I understand the general need for it, so players that invest time into it have some rewards to enjoy outside of the amulet system, but it should have never been so disproportionally cheap and easy to get in the 1st place.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

They wrote this in their announcement:

For PvP, this will add a considerable cost to the acquisition of ascended gear. Please note that you will be able to buy gear with current prices until the update is live.

So if you read this and didnt spend your shards before the patch its basically just your fault. I mean, how explicit do they have to be in saying “better spend them now, it will get more expensive soon”?

Ascended PVP gear

Ruthenium Panther.8679

but it should have never been so disproportionally cheap and easy to get in the 1st place.

Sure. But the problem is that they should give everybody spend their asc shards before introducing new system.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

but it should have never been so disproportionally cheap and easy to get in the 1st place.

Sure. But the problem is that they should give everybody spend their asc shards before introducing new system.

They gave you five days to spend it. At this stage it is nearly all your fault.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They gave you five days to spend it. At this stage it is nearly all your fault.

They gave the time to people who check certain sections of the forums and they also didn’t announce that it will cost you 300 more gold (in best case, i am sure the prices for mats gonna blow out of proportions within few weeks).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: TheKow.7604

TheKow.7604

I think its such BS, I don’t craft ever in any game and refuse to I hate crafting never level any of my crafts and been here since the start, the fact I still use exotic on all my 80s and characters I had flat out quit cause the lack of progression, raids dont accept my class so cant be feed this gear now I cant even purchase it.

The price increase I dont mind but forcing people to craft is complete kitten up may as well quit again since I’m back to being content locked by CRAFTING

Kouto 80 Engineer,Traveling Merchant of the Grove.

Ascended PVP gear

Pifil.5193

User agreement, 2a “ArenaNet may modify, remove, or add Content in its reasonable discretion.”

The user agreement has nothing to do with whether or not they did a good job communicating the intended changes to the people who would be affected by them.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I still don’t understand why the best / cheapest way in the game to get ascended gear (time and currency wise) was thru PVP, a game mode that doesn’t use it.

To prevent PvP from dying appealing players through rewards now that the Pro League is over and ANet probably won’t spent a dime again in tournaments.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It’s like how they “communicated” their changes to the Gift of Battle all over again.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

I’m just surprised that the raid vendor wasn’t touched though…

I think now that Anet is finally admitting they won’t be the next ESL League of Legends type game, they are going for “Raids are the most important thing in the world, cater to the 0.00001% pro raid gamers” crowd. Which is obviously what they should do considering those guys have more gold stashed away than Smaug and probably never buy gems with real money. Why would they want to cater to the 85% of the player base that plays a few hours a day and buys gems regularly? That’s crazy talk!

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Zafer.2391

Zafer.2391

They wrote this in their announcement:

So if you read this and didnt spend your shards before the patch its basically just your fault. I mean, how explicit do they have to be in saying “better spend them now, it will get more expensive soon”?

So if Anet had posted that on a totally irrelevant website and a few people had seen it, would what Anet has done be still justified in your opinion? Or is it because you don’t care because you have seen that little forum post and now feel an urge to throw crap at people who were not lucky enough to stumble upon that forum thread or had more important things to do than scanning the forums all day?

Also many people think this new vendor system is slightly cheaper than the crafting. No it is not cheaper. Who on his right mind would try to farm ascended shards through pvp or relics through fractal just to get that little discount? I wouldn’t call those shards and relics free of charge.

When it comes to Anet; What you did is totally selfish and BS. If you decide to devaluate a currency of the players who pay your bills, at least give them a fair warning such as an in-game email or a post on the client. A lot of people actually waited your so-called balance patch to decide on which type of armor to use their ascended shards and they are all screwed now. To this day, I have played tens of mmos many of which had way more players than you do and are totally forgotten now. You know, the route you are taking lately remind me them.

Give your less fortunate players time until the next pvp season to spend their shards like pre-patch. Remember, they put the same effort and time into farming those shards as the people who justify what you did like the guy above just because he was able to spend his shards before this patch. Or keep making them feel like their rants only fall on deaf ears and accelerate your own demise.

(edited by Zafer.2391)

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I wish I’d been aware that this change was coming. Obviously if they gave us a heads up somewhere, I missed it, which sucks even more. However, these changes make the ascended shards on my alt account entirely useless, and now I regret even taking the time to work on that account.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Unless I’m mistaken there is no way to accumulate asc. shards of glory at present. So why change the prices without notice. I’m in the group of people who just lost 300g… Good times. Thanks a-net. There is no reason to treat those of us who hadn’t yet used our shards so unfairly. This blows…

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I wish I’d been aware that this change was coming. Obviously if they gave us a heads up somewhere, I missed it, which sucks even more. However, these changes make the ascended shards on my alt account entirely useless, and now I regret even taking the time to work on that account.

I remember how I felt when they changed the recipes for Halloween weapon skins etc between year 1 and year 2, putting them forever outside my realistic price range (or so it felt at the time anyway, I had been sitting on the recipes and was roughly another holiday’s playtime worth of ingredients short of having enough to make them when they removed the recipes a couple of weeks before Halloween2 and reintroduced them something like 500 times more expensive out of nowhere, or so it felt). So I can empathise. I’m wondering if some kind of in-game public service announcement from forum goers might be a thing we should start up in situations like these if Anet doesn’t, but unfortunately even then some people would be bound to be missed, and I’d say there’s some for whom this’d be a source of schadenfreude.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah, I hadn’t seen the notice either. Went to spend my shards tonight, and was confused that I couldn’t. Came on here to see what the deal was.

Disappointed that the change was made before the next season, and with the way it was “communicated”.

Ascended PVP gear

Haleydawn.3764

The user agreement has nothing to do with whether or not they did a good job communicating the intended changes to the people who would be affected by them.

Black and white, Anet doesn’t have to give any notice of any changes if they wish not to (Hence the quote). 5 days is what we got.

Kitten.

Ascended PVP gear

Pifil.5193

That’s some fine “stating the obvious” there.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I doubt the Devs will change it, or revert it for a period of time.

But, if they do, they would need to revert the Gift of Battle acquisition, as well, just to be fair.

(At least this one was announced in News and Announcements.)

Good luck.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

But, if they do, they would need to revert the Gift of Battle acquisition, as well, just to be fair.

Wait, what about it? I was going to start farming the WvW track for my first legendary (so close now!), and they changed something about its acquisition?? What did they change?

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: ron.6157

ron.6157

all I have to say on ascended vendors in PVP is take them out no need to have them in PVP I don’t see an Ascended vendor in PVE for people that that don’t craft but get told by others doing fractals and raids sorry we don’t want you you don’t have ascended gear so yea I get it but them that have just don’t get it or give a hoot they just like to cut people down like the next person will do that reads this have a nice life
who every you are

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Wait, what about it? I was going to start farming the WvW track for my first legendary (so close now!), and they changed something about its acquisition?? What did they change?

He meant the change that put the Gift of Battle into the reward track. Before that change you could simply buy it with Badges of Honor.
Nothing changed recently and you will be fine after you finished your reward track.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Ascended PVP gear

Haleydawn.3764

I doubt the Devs will change it, or revert it for a period of time.

Good luck.

There was a warning 2 months before that change. Let’s not beat that dead horse.

Kitten.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

Honestly just glad I spent every shard I had. I was planning on saving them for when I wanted to gear up another alt but didn’t want to risk it after that announcement.

It really was short notice though and it is unfair to those that did not notice in time or were not able to get online.

As it is now, next seasons shards are just going to be another number in my wallet. \o/

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The point is…if they didn’t do it for Gift of Battle, they likely won’t do it for Ascended Armor vendors.

Ascended PVP gear

Ruthenium Panther.8679

The point is…if they didn’t do it for Gift of Battle, they likely won’t do it for Ascended Armor vendors.

Thats true. And gift of battle doesnt cost 300g, you can do track in 2 evenings.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

He meant the change that put the Gift of Battle into the reward track. Before that change you could simply buy it with Badges of Honor.
Nothing changed recently and you will be fine after you finished your reward track.

Phew, thanks! So it was easier to obtain at some point? Wow, I hate the fact that I have to farm WvW now for this. Hmph. Also, I wish there was an easier way to accumulate Mystic Clover than grinding PvP. ^^

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: ntropi.9785

ntropi.9785

PS: OP, I am sorry for turning your decent thread into a flaming but I could not take any more of this blockheadedness.

No worries, I rather enjoy the show. And if Anet comes around and locks the thread for hostility, at least it’ll be confirmation that they read it. As of now I’m pretty sure they don’t.

Ascended PVP gear

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m not thrilled about the changes to how we acquire ascended armor via vendors. If it was just a liquid gold cost it would be different, but instead its just as much crafting as actually crafting the armor, plus who knows how many hours just to farm the timegated currency to buy it. I don’t see a benefit to implementing it in this way.