Ascended Stat change recipe question for Anet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Q:

The new recipe to change the stats is really cool, but why just armor and weapons? I can see why the amulets, rings and accessories don’t have it, because they are more or less easier to get verses the rest of the Ascended items, but the back piece seems to fit more in the same department of the other items(armor/weapons).

While it doesn’t take as long to get it(depending on the back piece you’re going for tbh), it sure is more of daunting task than say getting any of the other trinkets. One could argue that the amulet and accessories fit that same description, but then again, one could always join an oversized guild and just do guild missions to get those slots in the desired stat combos.

I, personally, have no issue using exotics, and I have my mawdrey currently without stats, so its not like I don’t have access to w.e stat I want currently for that slot. It just seems like its an inconvenience and I was wondering if it was thought about in the decision making of the recipe – and if so, why it didn’t get considered to be a part of the recipe. Was it limitations or some bug that showed up if you allowed it?

lol I hope I’m not the only one that is thinking this.

Edit: And I just tried to select stats on mawdrey.. No sinister.. Dang :/ I guess I gotta start making a back piece now..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

Considering they don’t have a every stat set currently for the trinkets at the ascended level they dont have the same easy system to change things hence why they probably will make something different in the future, but until then nothing.

ArtemusHunter.9521

Considering they don’t have a every stat set currently for the trinkets at the ascended level they dont have the same easy system to change things hence why they probably will make something different in the future, but until then nothing.

What stat types are they missing that both weapons and armor have?

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

The accessories are mostly a mix of 2 sets of stats. They would need another recipe for them… or allow 5 items in the toilet.

I guess they could have just some of the recipes craft able too. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for it. This just might have held them back.

ArtemusHunter.9521

The accessories are mostly a mix of 2 sets of stats. They would need another recipe for them… or allow 5 items in the toilet

Well I wasn’t talking about the accessories as a whole, just the back pieces. Most of the trinkets(amulet, accessories and rings in particular) are static items that don’t allow you to choose the stat type when right clicking it unlike some of the back pieces.

The exception being that some people had magic find rings from before the MF removal from stats. Why would they need 5 slots in the toilet though? They could simply add the recipes in. It would be similar to the blades back piece where you could infuse it before or after you chose your desired colour. It would just be an added, constant available extra step. lol

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Is there a way to change the stats of Mauldrey?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Because currently, there are no ascended recipes for trinkets. There’s no Insignia or Inscription equivalent.

When and if they decide to give us ascended jewelry, then there may be ways to change stats on them.

ArtemusHunter.9521

Because currently, there are no ascended recipes for trinkets. There’s no Insignia or Inscription equivalent.

When and if they decide to give us ascended jewelry, then there may be ways to change stats on them.

There could supplement it with something to be honest. Like the gift of ascension or something. >.< I see your point though.

ArtemusHunter.9521

Is there a way to change the stats of Mauldrey?

No, not beyond the initial stat selection. I just haven’t selected a stat type for it, which is why I mentioned it.