Ascended Weapon Chest drop

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Last night I received Coalforge’s Weapon Chest from a jumping puzzle chest. I think it was Morgan’s Leap, if I’m thinking of the right character.

According to the wiki, that reward chest is available from:

Fractals of the Mists daily reward chest
Defeating Tequatl the Sunless
Guild missions
Exotic champion loot bags
WvW Rank chests

Of which I certainly did none of, since this toon is parked at that JP chest and opens it most every day. So did something change in-game? Or has this kind of reward always been available from a JP and I’ve only now gotten one?

No complaints whatsoever, of course!

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

You got really lucky. I got an ascended chestplate randomly from a brown box inside a brown box i got from PvP, which would usually be filled with trash.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Ascended gear can drop from nearly anything that also drops exotic gear. The drop rates are just so low that it’s not worth mentioning.

It’s been available for ages; we just don’t hear about it often because the drop rate is probably similar to that of precursors, i.e. the vast majority of us won’t see it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Wow, that’s wonderful! Congrats on that reward.

~Muses to self: I wonder if I need to try that kitten-y kitten of a kitten-y JP again.~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

DeanBB.4268

Next up: My first precursor?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Magic 8 Ball Says: Reply hazy try again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

DeanBB.4268

Maybe I’ll buy a PowerBall instead.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can update the Wiki to include that in the loot drop table. The Wiki is only as complete as the players who provide the information/edit it make it so.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

You never know. My precursor came from the King Jalis Refuge jp in Snowden Drifts.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

You never know. My precursor came from the King Jalis Refuge jp in Snowden Drifts.

I traded in six frozen weapon fragments yesterday, thinking “mmm, two ecto”.

I got the Leaf of Kudzu, and a Shamans weapon used to make the corrupted shard.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Slippy, this is something I’ve never done before so I hope you take no offense to it, but could I rub my mouse on you? Perhaps my keyboard, as well? And if you hold really still, I can grab my computer tower… Oh, and I would be remiss if I left out my router. Would the cables be taking it too far?

G R E E N E R

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

~Muses to self: I wonder if I need to try that kitten-y kitten of a kitten-y JP again.~

As I say to anyone who has trouble with JP’s, if you need a mesmer to help you out, feel free to whisper me. I love running jumping puzzles and am more than happy to assist with any JP in the game.

Though I doubt you’ll take me up on the offer, the offer is there nonetheless. And that goes for anyone reading this.

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

Is the chest only once per account or per character? I have been wondering where to park my alts.

DeanBB.4268

Chests are per-character. I park my many alts next to a JP chest (or even a walk-up, like outside Black Citadel) when I’m done with them, so on a normal day I’ll have 15 toons collect the chest at the JP just inside Southsun Cove (the easiest one to get to, just step through the portal in LA).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The JP in Sharkmaw Cavern’s (LA) is one of the best choices: two universal upgrades, two masterwork or better. Most other chests have one less reward and many have less.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

As far as I know, every chest that drops ascended loot (most commonly Empyreal Fragments) has a chance of having ascended boxes.
Anyway, congrats on your lucky drop!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Previous

Gaile Gray

As I say to anyone who has trouble with JP’s, if you need a mesmer to help you out, feel free to whisper me. I love running jumping puzzles and am more than happy to assist with any JP in the game.

Though I doubt you’ll take me up on the offer, the offer is there nonetheless. And that goes for anyone reading this.

Very kind of you, DP. At one time I eschewed any help in doing JPs, because I thought that might be “cheaty.” Then I asked a dev and they told me that getting help from other players is part of the game, and that there are some designs that definitely benefit from — maybe are designed to lean towards — the assistance of one of our amazing mesmers. So now I do avail myself of their help, and quite honestly, mesmers have been responsible for quite a few dailies completions for me (you know who you are!), with the attendant reduction in bruising from pounding my head against the keyboard.

So thanks for the offer, and y’know, I may just reach out sometime!

Slippy, this is something I’ve never done before so I hope you take no offense to it, but could I rub my mouse on you? Perhaps my keyboard, as well? And if you hold really still, I can grab my computer tower… Oh, and I would be remiss if I left out my router. Would the cables be taking it too far?

I think somewhere around “router” is where you crossed that line.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

You better open it quick before they require you to craft a grandmaster mark key in order to open it.

DeanBB.4268

I did, and picked the dagger, since my dagger skin choices have been slim. Too many greatswords, longbows, and staffs/staves/stuffs.