Ascended Weapons - worth crafting?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Or should I wait until HoT and start towards crafting precursors all the way to legendaries instead?

Thanks!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

This has both a yes and a no answer. Yes, if you’re looking for a (relatively) inexpensive way to get the best stat weapons. No, if only about a 5% increase isn’t worth it to you. It is cheaper in both the long and short run to make ascended than legendary. If all you’re after is stats though, go for the ascended.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Bishop.7140

Bishop.7140

This has both a yes and a no answer. Yes, if you’re looking for a (relatively) inexpensive way to get the best stat weapons. No, if only about a 5% increase isn’t worth it to you. It is cheaper in both the long and short run to make ascended than legendary. If all you’re after is stats though, go for the ascended.

I agree with him, but I think 5% might be a little to big lol more like 2%… or 1.
anyways, I dont think ascended weapons are worth the effort and money, craft armors instead. full ascended armor and trinkets are enough to have max agony resist anyways.

Posted by: DoIKnowYou.3896

DoIKnowYou.3896

It’s worth it, it’s ALOT cheaper. Though, maybe the new legendaries will have some cool skins! I suggest saving the mats until you decide.

Active Gw2 member who is ready to venture into the jungle! :)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

no, go legendary

Oh My God.8423

I agree with him, but I think 5% might be a little to big lol more like 2%… or 1.
anyways, I dont think ascended weapons are worth the effort and money, craft armors instead. full ascended armor and trinkets are enough to have max agony resist anyways.

Really!? That low an increase!

So basically ascended weapons are more of a vainity item than having any actually boost.

According to wiki, ascended armours only give 4-5% increase in stats. That said, yes, having agony resistance makes them a good investment after all.

Thanks!

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

90% of players quote numbers that they heard before and believe it. Only 5% bother to look it up. I totally made those up. But, to answer the question take a look at the actual numbers. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/31wbip/ascended_vs_exotic_gear_comparison_spreedsheet/

Oh My God.8423

90% of players quote numbers that they heard before and believe it. Only 5% bother to look it up. I totally made those up. But, to answer the question take a look at the actual numbers. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/31wbip/ascended_vs_exotic_gear_comparison_spreedsheet/

Well done! THANK YOU!

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

only if you care about fractal. or getting pawned in wvw by someone having slightly more stats than you.

Posted by: TeddieJ.2495

TeddieJ.2495

If you play with the specific weapon mostly than it’s worth.

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

Why ascended or legendary? Why not both? It’s not like you’re limited to choosing just one.

Oh My God.8423

Why ascended or legendary? Why not both? It’s not like you’re limited to choosing just one.

True. I suppose I will START with ascended first and take my time with the legendary.

I am not good at maths. May I ask: does it mean ascended weapons (for example holding a hammer, or holding both main and off hand) offer more increase in damage that a set of 6-piece ascended armour?

Posted by: Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Mugiwara Zoro.9240

One of the benefits of having ascended weapons/armour for me is it is account bound, so if you have multiple characters you can just swap things about without having to repurchase the same weapon/armour/sigils/runes over and over..