Ascended amulets and ascended items overall.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ChaK.3254

ChaK.3254

Signed.

I’m sad there’s nothing healing centric. Like cleric y’know.

Posted by: DivinityRAGE.5498

DivinityRAGE.5498

Would really like some ascended knights stuff now. Especially since Anet buffed a good trait for guardians focused on crits and survivability.

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

as more ascended gear comes out, that marginal difference will add up to be a significant advantage. The current state, the game will be squeezed into 2-3 types of builds.

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

All I’m reading in this game is dooms-day and nay-sayers. Give Anet time! You guys aren’t even giving them adequate time to flesh out the game you’re just like, “GIVE ME WHAT I WANT NOW!” and when they don’t you QQ.

TLDR; good things come to those who wait.

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

as more ascended gear comes out, that marginal difference will add up to be a significant advantage. The current state, the game will be squeezed into 2-3 types of builds.

This to me is the key problem. Over time the gear variety is being reduced, not increased, and ANET has not bothered to inform the players why.

~ AoN ~

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

All I’m reading in this game is dooms-day and nay-sayers. Give Anet time! You guys aren’t even giving them adequate time to flesh out the game you’re just like, “GIVE ME WHAT I WANT NOW!” and when they don’t you QQ.

Let me guess, you use none of the missing armor sets?

If we were asking for a new map, or something huge and time consuming to create, then I agree ‘more time’ is a valid statement. We are talking about armor sets that already exist in the game, how long could it possibly take to add another few types of rings, amulets and back pieces when they were adding all the others ones to the game? No one cares if they share the same graphic, we care that they do not exist at all.

If for some reason it does take time, and we need to give it more time, then ANET can tell us about it, tell us the reasons and give us an indication of how long we have to wait. Instead we have complete and utter radio silence on the topic, and that is why folks are getting annoyed. More time my bass.

~ AoN ~

Posted by: anarxonanist.2369

anarxonanist.2369

and why the is no food for healers and tanks?

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Cause this not WoW and there isnt supposed to be Healers and Tanks. There is supposed to be DPS, Support, Control. Not DPS,Tank, Healer. This is not WoW.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Bowl of Saffron-Mango Ice Cream is ok food for healers

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: MaxJacobs.4273

MaxJacobs.4273

This does need to be looked at it. Our viable builds are limited by what equipment is available. If the equipment required for a specific build isn’t available at each tier of gear then the build as a whole becomes invalid.

Suddenflame.2601

If we were asking for a new map, or something huge and time consuming to create, then I agree ‘more time’ is a valid statement. We are talking about armor sets that already exist in the game, how long could it possibly take to add another few types of rings, amulets and back pieces when they were adding all the others ones to the game? No one cares if they share the same graphic, we care that they do not exist at all.

If for some reason it does take time, and we need to give it more time, then ANET can tell us about it, tell us the reasons and give us an indication of how long we have to wait. Instead we have complete and utter radio silence on the topic, and that is why folks are getting annoyed. More time my bass.

The main issue i see about having the rings, backpieces, and amulets with Healing/toughness imbedded in them are incase of the characters like my warrior. Without ascended gear i am able to take run into a WvW zerg and not die while taking them out. On top of it when i did the math calculations for my regeneration i get 608HP/sec so if they add more healing to it then my regen would just start to get crazy. In context of lets say mending which has a 25sec CD. By the time another warrior gets his off of CD my character would have regenerated 15,200hp so way over half my hp in the same time he just regained only like 5000hp (or less). Giving my warrior even more healing on top of toughness would just make him like a unstoppable tank. Sure i sacrifice damage output but i still deal 700-1k of damage per hit while using an axe/shield combo.

So lets say i am hitting another warrior for 700 damage per hit and if they are a DPS warrior. I will be generous and give them 1k of damage per hit (it would be less due to massive armour on my character). We all know that the GS attacks are less then 1 hit per sec. So basically unless he hits me with 100B or spins at me (which each hit for more then 1hit per sec) i am going to regen right through his damage. My axe hits 1 then .5sec wait then hits 2 which one takes a sec. so in 3.5 secs i just did 2100hp but not done yet .5sec later i hit 3 times in 3 secs due to the last of the combo. making it 4200hp in 7 secs. Which given an average DPS warrior is 21% of his hp. And lets say the cycle keeps repeating in similar fashion eventually the DPS warrior is not going to be able to heal enough.

To add to my warriors Healing power and toughness would just be a scary thought. Also needs to be balanced accordingly. Also before anyone states the damage of a DPS 100B warrior or that spin attack consider how easy they are to dodge/counter. As a shield warrior i could just pop my shield and block 100% of the damage or use my shield bash to stun after taking 1hit (which forces it end and be on full CD not the 2sec cooldown). Or i could just roll away and advoid it all together while in the same moment still be hitting the DPS warrior.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: anarxonanist.2369

anarxonanist.2369

there place only for DPS and there are food for DPS only… .
(I hate WoW)

Posted by: Achilles.2950

Achilles.2950

I just think it’s ridiculous. If there was every type of gear except from berserker, this entire forum would explode.

Markrox – Guild Leader for Team Aggression [TA]

Posted by: StormGust.2934

StormGust.2934

They dont want the game become trinity aka tank or healer or dps .
they want you use mixed stats

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

They dont want the game become trinity aka tank or healer or dps .
they want you use mixed stats

please explain why glass cannon allowed to have trinity DPS stats (berzerkers) on all their gear but support builds are not allowed to have some healing among the power and toughness?

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

the fact that they don’t have the Knight’s set included in the ascended line is hilariously bad.

and i love how these threads always turn into: “anet doesn’t want there to be a trinity! just say no to healing power!”

there are other sets that have nothing to do with healing power that weren’t included. what a terrible argument.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

This is the ascended trade off. Better stats for less flexibility. That’s why the gem upgrade is “built-in”.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Daemon.6514

Daemon.6514

I really want to use clerics but i am being forced to use P/v/t instead, Why Anet please inform us

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

@ SuddenFlame an equally (offensively) equipped warrior should be able to down you after a long fight. If this doesn’t happen, then you fix the stats and skill scaling instead of removing them/their combinations.

Otherwise Anet basically says “look this combination is too strong so you only get it on weaker items” which doesn’t make sense.

@ Irrimn get some common sense plz.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

The main issue i see about having the rings, backpieces, and amulets with Healing/toughness imbedded in them are incase of the characters like my warrior. Without ascended gear i am able to take run into a WvW zerg and not die while taking them out. On top of it when i did the math calculations for my regeneration i get 608HP/sec so if they add more healing to it then my regen would just start to get crazy. In context of lets say mending which has a 25sec CD. By the time another warrior gets his off of CD my character would have regenerated 15,200hp so way over half my hp in the same time he just regained only like 5000hp (or less). Giving my warrior even more healing on top of toughness would just make him like a unstoppable tank. Sure i sacrifice damage output but i still deal 700-1k of damage per hit while using an axe/shield combo.

So lets say i am hitting another warrior for 700 damage per hit and if they are a DPS warrior. I will be generous and give them 1k of damage per hit (it would be less due to massive armour on my character). We all know that the GS attacks are less then 1 hit per sec. So basically unless he hits me with 100B or spins at me (which each hit for more then 1hit per sec) i am going to regen right through his damage. My axe hits 1 then .5sec wait then hits 2 which one takes a sec. so in 3.5 secs i just did 2100hp but not done yet .5sec later i hit 3 times in 3 secs due to the last of the combo. making it 4200hp in 7 secs. Which given an average DPS warrior is 21% of his hp. And lets say the cycle keeps repeating in similar fashion eventually the DPS warrior is not going to be able to heal enough.

To add to my warriors Healing power and toughness would just be a scary thought. Also needs to be balanced accordingly. Also before anyone states the damage of a DPS 100B warrior or that spin attack consider how easy they are to dodge/counter. As a shield warrior i could just pop my shield and block 100% of the damage or use my shield bash to stun after taking 1hit (which forces it end and be on full CD not the 2sec cooldown). Or i could just roll away and advoid it all together while in the same moment still be hitting the DPS warrior.

Valid points but it still does not explain why certain sets such as knights (power,precision toughness), rampagers (precision, cond. damage, power) and carrion (power vitality, cond. damage) have been excluded from the ascended item gear sets. Also some of the points you brought up are more related to oversights in warrior class dynamics rather than just simply healing power, maybe those skills/traits need to be looked at and the healing power coefficients and other parts of the formula adjusted to more acceptable levels. I don’t find the reasoning that “my warrior will be unkillable so don’t allow a certain stat set of gear into the game” acceptable. If there is a unkillable class in this game then that class needs to be looked at and re-balanced rather than just simply excluding certain ascended gear sets. You’re depriving all other classes of this gear set, and quite frankly saying any class is unkillable is a gross exaggeration as well.

Suddenflame.2601

The main issue i see about having the rings, backpieces, and amulets with Healing/toughness imbedded in them are incase of the characters like my warrior.

Valid points but it still does not explain why certain sets such as knights (power,precision toughness), rampagers (precision, cond. damage, power) and carrion (power vitality, cond. damage) have been excluded from the ascended item gear sets. Also some of the points you brought up are more related to oversights in warrior class dynamics rather than just simply healing power, maybe those skills/traits need to be looked at and the healing power coefficients and other parts of the formula adjusted to more acceptable levels. I don’t find the reasoning that “my warrior will be unkillable so don’t allow a certain stat set of gear into the game” acceptable. If there is a unkillable class in this game then that class needs to be looked at and re-balanced rather than just simply excluding certain ascended gear sets. You’re depriving all other classes of this gear set, and quite frankly saying any class is unkillable is a gross exaggeration as well.

I didnt say he was unkillable cause he is but it takes a hell lot to do it. Healing Power does need to be looked at. Another arguement against Healing power sets is FOTM hard cap at lvl56 i heard. Healing Power is needed to get past it. If Anet is not ready for people to get past it then its pretty easy to understand why it doesnt exist. The others may not exist for some other reason. We can try demanding them but if Anet has other plans in mind then we have to respect that decision.

People are trying to demand that Anet tell everything they are doing but last time i heard of a game company do that (League of legends) people got far worse. Now League of Legends does not tell what they are doing as it is safer. There is a reason why they do not tell what they are doing or planning. Its cause people are incapable of handling it. Such as go on the League of Legends forums and look up Magnum Chamber map. You will see lots of people trying to demand it and go all crazy about when in reality the idea was scrapped due to balancing issues. The is one of many examples where an employee said too much there. Now they do not say anything till they know for 100% sure its going to be in there and even then they sometimes dont tell people till after patch notes come out.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

The main issue i see about having the rings, backpieces, and amulets with Healing/toughness imbedded in them are incase of the characters like my warrior.

I didnt say he was unkillable cause he is but it takes a hell lot to do it. Healing Power does need to be looked at. Another arguement against Healing power sets is FOTM hard cap at lvl56 i heard. Healing Power is needed to get past it. If Anet is not ready for people to get past it then its pretty easy to understand why it doesnt exist. The others may not exist for some other reason. We can try demanding them but if Anet has other plans in mind then we have to respect that decision.

People are trying to demand that Anet tell everything they are doing but last time i heard of a game company do that (League of legends) people got far worse. Now League of Legends does not tell what they are doing as it is safer. There is a reason why they do not tell what they are doing or planning. Its cause people are incapable of handling it. Such as go on the League of Legends forums and look up Magnum Chamber map. You will see lots of people trying to demand it and go all crazy about when in reality the idea was scrapped due to balancing issues. The is one of many examples where an employee said too much there. Now they do not say anything till they know for 100% sure its going to be in there and even then they sometimes dont tell people till after patch notes come out.

Fair enough but Anet said themselves this new update would introduce ascended amulets that catered to every play-style, but what we are left with is 10 amulets fairly similar to the original ascended item stat setups. Also the amulets don’t give agony resistance and aren’t received through fractals, so I don’t think they relate to Anet not wanting people to progress past fractal level 56.

I’m just saying no one forced Anet to say what they said, they came out and said that and then they gave us a product completely different than what they said. It’s like me building a roller-coaster ride and saying it’s for people of all ages and then once it’s built having an age limit to ride the same said roller-coaster. I would be fine with any statement from Anet even if was these are the only ascended item stat setups that will be in game; at least that way I know what I’m dealing with and can work on creating a different build. I think Anet kind of needs to say something here as they opened up this can of worms by introducing only a select few ascended item stat setups without any explanation on the exclusions. If they want to be mum on content coming up that’s fine, but this has a lot of people scratching their heads and any insight from devs. would be great.

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I agree, I want knights jewelery please.

Wolfheart.1938

Suddenflame your comparison is moot, we are not asking Arenanet what’s gonna be on the next patch or what are their plans for expansion, we are asking their reasoning behind halving the possible stat combinations with ascended gear. It’s not a question about future content which may or may not be released on time, it’s a question about design decision. For example, many years ago LoL’s devs removed an item, Innervating Locket, and they explained why they did that and why it was good for the game.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

This topic really needs some ANet’s attention. It’s not that we want something to be super strong. It’s something that we want to fit our game styles and builds we worked on.

Posted by: Seercull.1495

Seercull.1495

Signed. Same with Fractal Rings,. i posted a thread earlier about not all attribute variations being there, for example Knight. I don’t understand what Anets problem is, just make all the attribute variations.

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

ANet was stating over and over again that they want us to play in our own way, but they’re limiting our builds with new ascended items that do not get all attributes variations.

Yeah well Bioware said Mass Effect 3 would have different endings. If ANet really wanted players to play in their own way, they would work on making all stat combinations available in exotic form, and to make them all purchasable through karma as well as gold/crafting. Ascended items do the exact OPPOSITE of their stated intention.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame your comparison is moot, we are not asking Arenanet what’s gonna be on the next patch or what are their plans for expansion, we are asking their reasoning behind halving the possible stat combinations with ascended gear. It’s not a question about future content which may or may not be released on time, it’s a question about design decision. For example, many years ago LoL’s devs removed an item, Innervating Locket, and they explained why they did that and why it was good for the game.

Terrible comparison considering Anet has not removed anything but just didnt put something in so you are asking them to put something in that does not exist atm. You make it sound like they took it away when in reality they never added it in the first place. Consider each circumstance your example of the Innervating locket is like Anet removing all Knight gear and everything that didnt appear in the Ascended. But this is closer to Maguum Chamber where people wanted it but it was never put in due to reasons which took Riot years before they stated those reasons. They havnt removed anything that someone was already using.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Wolfheart.1938

My comparison might be terrible and still be better than yours. League of Legends developers announced something that wasn’t fully ready, then they scrapped the project and the announcement backfired on them. They learned from their mistake and said they wouldn’t be announcing anything unless it was fully ready, just like someone from Anet yesterday said they won’t be releasing the patch notes until the patch is actually released. This is the behaviour you are referring to and I have no problems with it, as it’s pretty reasonable and understandable.

Sure, they didn’t remove anything, but as more Ascended Gear gets released, probably in the next two months, the combination stats that are ignored get progressively “removed”.
more coming later as I have to go

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Cause this not WoW and there isnt supposed to be Healers and Tanks. There is supposed to be DPS, Support, Control. Not DPS,Tank, Healer. This is not WoW.

Looking at the currently available ascended eq, i’d say that the GW2 Trinity is now DPS, Tank, Farmer. Support and Control are apparently no longer valid approaches.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Suddenflame.2601

My comparison might be terrible and still be better than yours. League of Legends developers announced something that wasn’t fully ready, then they scrapped the project and the announcement backfired on them. They learned from their mistake and said they wouldn’t be announcing anything unless it was fully ready, just like someone from Anet yesterday said they won’t be releasing the patch notes until the patch is actually released. This is the behaviour you are referring to and I have no problems with it, as it’s pretty reasonable and understandable.

Sure, they didn’t remove anything, but as more Ascended Gear gets released, probably in the next two months, the combination stats that are ignored get progressively “removed”.
more coming later as I have to go

Similar to mine then considering that Ascended was poorly planned and only thrown in a measure to appease the masses. They already said that it was poorly planned and are working on correcting it. I am amazed more of how fast they are working on it. Most people do not realize how much work it is to do what they have done.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: Benjamin Mahir.7986

Benjamin Mahir.7986

This is a two lane road. Some characters will suffer from this decision, others will benefit.
My guardian will love the Soldier stat gear much more than any of the normal exotic accessories.
My engineer has me tearing my hair out as I try to find a useful ascended accessory without pointless Precision.

I do worry what the future will bring. My guardian is good with Soldier accessories because he’s already clad in Cleric armor; if there isn’t something of equal magnitude when ascended armor is released, I’ll be in the same boat as most of you. ArenaNet is going to expand the stat choices beyond the original pairs, and the accessories affect us least of all… but apprehension they might handle the armor like the accessories is palpable.

I’m OK with the odd ball random Healing on some of these accessories, everyone can use a touch more Healing even if some people could use a little less. The odd seeding of Precision has me scratching my head; you only need Precision if you build around critical hits. No one has built in Prowess to my knowledge, so landing a critical hit is literally useless unless you’ve built for it in some way. Only one of my characters are, so all this Precision has me clawing my eyes out.

Thorquist.8126

Similar to mine then considering that Ascended was poorly planned and only thrown in a measure to appease the masses. They already said that it was poorly planned and are working on correcting it. I am amazed more of how fast they are working on it.

It’s more like to kitten off the masses (try to remember HUUUUUGE topic about Ascended gear when it was announced) and I don’t know your definition of ‘fast’, but it’s almost 3 months since Ascended rings were introduced.

EDIT: By the way, I think it’s easier to release the same items with different stats (rings) than new ones with the same stats (amulets).

(edited by Thorquist.8126)

Suddenflame.2601

Similar to mine then considering that Ascended was poorly planned and only thrown in a measure to appease the masses. They already said that it was poorly planned and are working on correcting it. I am amazed more of how fast they are working on it.

It’s more like to kitten off the masses (try to remember HUUUUUGE topic about Ascended gear when it was announced) and I don’t know your definition of ‘fast’, but it’s almost 3 months since Ascended rings were introduced.

EDIT: By the way, I think it’s easier to release the same items with different stats (rings) than new ones with the same stats (amulets).

Fast in video game development world. The huge topic against it would not have changed the fact that they said that Ascended should have been in the game since the start. They were fixing a mistake and people didnt like it cause they thought they were introducing a gear treadmill when in reality they were just adding something that should have already been there to begin with. Its been 3 months great which means in another 3-4 months the new state items should be released if they arent then i will start to wonder considering thats how long it should take if they are doing development. League of Legends takes months to make a single champion and people think the champions were made in 2 weeks when in reality it took them about 3-7 development months to make a single champion.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

Fast in video game development world. The huge topic against it would not have changed the fact that they said that Ascended should have been in the game since the start. They were fixing a mistake and people didnt like it cause they thought they were introducing a gear treadmill when in reality they were just adding something that should have already been there to begin with. Its been 3 months great which means in another 3-4 months the new state items should be released if they arent then i will start to wonder considering thats how long it should take if they are doing development. League of Legends takes months to make a single champion and people think the champions were made in 2 weeks when in reality it took them about 3-7 development months to make a single champion.

Have you ever made a video game? How are you pulling these numbers so “efficiently”? And there are so many fallacies involved with your argument…again. 1) Ascended items were added AFTER the initial creation of the game (and they admitted that they weren’t thinking of it before the launch of the game…the decision came AFTER LAUNCH)…it is incredibly safe to assume that since the game was released on August 28th (round it to September for simplicity sake), it took them AT MOST 2.5 months (September 1st to November 16th Fractal patch) to create the dungeons, randomize the fractals, balance the encounters, create the loot parameters, create the fractal currency, create the new infusion recipes into the mystic forge, draw the art for the backpieces, fix the bugs, add the ascended rings…etc.

2) League of Legends takes around 3-7 months to create champions. Of course, this is much more reasonable given the fact that they have to balance the champion, make sure he doesn’t have any overpowered synergies, create the lore, draw the art, think of five unique skills, create the animations, complete the voice…etc. A lot of work goes into making these champions.

But for a piece of gear that’s already been introduced in a similar form where all one has to do is change a few of the stats around and add art for their icons (amulets/rings are not even armor pieces so they don’t even have to draw a physical asset)? Do you believe that it should take longer than 3 months (lower end of the spectrum for a LoL champion) to add pieces of gear?

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

Thorquist.8126

Guys, please stop talking about League of Legends, because the topic will be closed by the moderator as “off-topic” or “concerning another game”. Stick to the point, that is – lack os stats variations + begging for ANet’s insight :P

Wolfheart.1938

Are you seriously comparing creating a champion to slapping some stats, a name and an icon together? Sure Anet works really fast and has added lot of content/polishing to the game, I’m not complaining at all and in fact I just bought 800 gems to show my support. But color me impressed if they didn’t add said stats combination because it took too much to come up with a name and an icon xD It is obviously a choice or a ( really big ) oversight unless a dev explicitly states something, and that is what I’m asking for, a response. I’m not saying add those items NAO, but I’d like to know why they’re not already in in the first place.

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

KinkyPotato.4219

Guys, please stop talking about League of Legends, because the topic will be closed by the moderator as “off-topic” or “concerning another game”. Stick to the point, that is – lack os stats variations + begging for ANet’s insight :P

We’re comparing it for examples…that’s allowed by moderators. The integrity of the original post still stands…the use of other games is to just paint an example.

Suddenflame.2601

Have you ever made a video game? How are you pulling these numbers so “efficiently”? And there are so many fallacies involved with your argument…again. 1) Ascended items were added AFTER the initial creation of the game (and they admitted that they weren’t thinking of it before the launch of the game…the decision came AFTER LAUNCH)…it is incredibly safe to assume that since the game was released on August 28th (round it to September for simplicity sake), it took them AT MOST 2.5 months (September 1st to November 16th Fractal patch) to create the dungeons, randomize the fractals, balance the encounters, create the loot parameters, create the fractal currency, create the new infusion recipes into the mystic forge, draw the art for the backpieces, fix the bugs, add the ascended rings…etc.

2) League of Legends takes around 3-7 months to create champions. Of course, this is much more reasonable given the fact that they have to balance the champion, make sure he doesn’t have any overpowered synergies, create the lore, draw the art, think of five unique skills, create the animations, complete the voice…etc. A lot of work goes into making these champions.

But for a piece of gear that’s already been introduced in a similar form where all one has to do is change a few of the stats around and add art for their icons (amulets/rings are not even armor pieces so they don’t even have to draw a physical asset)? Do you believe that it should take longer than 3 months (lower end of the spectrum for a LoL champion) to add pieces of gear?

Actually yes i have and FOTM had to be thought of prior to that date. Cause there is far more work in making a dungeon then it takes to make a champion anyone who has ever made a game knows this! Even ask LoL developers it takes a long time to make a single map. Dominion took them over 1 year to make the map for. SO everything your suggesting that Anet started after the game was released is false. The idea and art along with the core concepts and code had to exist prior to that 2.5 months considering everything they released that day. Dude it takes a long time to build stuff espically the detail that is being placed into the landscape.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

KinkyPotato.4219

Actually yes i have and FOTM had to be thought of prior to that date. Cause there is far more work in making a dungeon then it takes to make a champion anyone who has ever made a game knows this! Even ask LoL developers it takes a long time to make a single map. Dominion took them over 1 year to make the map for. SO everything your suggesting that Anet started after the game was released is false. The idea and art along with the core concepts and code had to exist prior to that 2.5 months considering everything they released that day. Dude it takes a long time to build stuff espically the detail that is being placed into the landscape.

toychristopherWasselin.1235 Sanctum of Rall 33 points 2 months ago
Was ascended gear actually conceptualized before launch? The blog post that introduced it made it sound like something that you guys came up with just recently.
permalinkparent

[–]ArenaNetTeam[S] 64 points 2 months ago
Hi Toy,
It was not specifically designed before launch. However the concept of progression rewards with a shallow curve bridging other rewards was. Hope that makes sense.

Well there you have it, directly from the November AMA from Chris Whiteside. You can google that exact quote and it will come up from the Reddit AMA. Ascended gear was not designed before launch which means it was created AFTER Launch. This makes it incredibly strange given the fact that it’s now been SIX months since launch and 2.5 months since the introduction of Fractals (a total of six months where they could have created icons, added all the stat combinations, and created the names). Why are there so many missing armor stat combos still? Does this suggest that the implementation of the other sets will take approximately six months? Only time will tell.

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

Wolfheart.1938

Sure it took a lot of time to make FoTM, but this is not what we are discussing, and you ignored my post. We are discussing the items themselves, and adding different stats combinations on a set of items being introduced takes very little development time as you have to come up with a name/icon/description and that’s it, and 3+ months is enough to get -at least- Cleric/Knight/Whatever RINGS , if they wanted to implement them. This means they CHOSE not to implement them, and all we’re asking is “why?”. That being said I’ll stop posting because I have made my points, your ears seem deaf and I have nothing to add to the thread anymore. Here’s hoping that they will answer us.

Posted by: Sterile Tony.5761

Sterile Tony.5761

I feel guilty adding to the complaints, seeing as there is a lot of variation offered with the new ascended gear, but the fact that not one piece has a primary healing stat is a let down. I know it’s a bummer, but considering the incredible number of combinations that are available, I understand (and hope) that it will take some time for Anet to get around to all of the stat sets we know and love.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Please make the amulets obtainable through FOTM or by buying stuff.

I don’t have the patience for these dailies.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

I do want my Power/Toughness/Healing. in this game ascended gears….

It’s not in the ring now not in the amulet…

WTH… I don’t understand why dev limit this kind of stat while it is already in the game before this kind of gear coming.

Thorquist.8126

So there are 2 issues now.

1. Lack of combinations that we used to know from exotic sets.
2. Hard to obtain amulets – too grindy. Maybe they can be obtained randomly from higher levels’ chest?

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

Can a dev please answer this question?

I hate to think they want us to get ascended gear, and then when they release the missing sets we have to grind for it again.

Thorquist.8126

Still no statement from ANet…

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

From the Flame and Frost Prelude description: “With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.”

It’s funny to read this now. Reading statements like this and then seeing what is actually implemented really makes me question how in-touch the Anet team is with its own game.

(edited by Zerbo.5381)

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

First when I walked to the laural vendor I thought: WTF, 30 Laurels for ONE amulet? Like one month of playing each day’s dailies to get ONE amulet with better stats? Clearly no gear grind there.
Than I looked closely and realised that there are still no Ascended Items with Healing Power (Cleric’s) which I need for my Builds on Guard and Ele. I got disappointed and happy at the same time. Disappointed because of no HP at all. Happy because I than don’t have to grind for it.

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

I’ve supported anet for nearly a decade now (started gw1 it’s first week) but it has gotten to the point that they’re pretty indefensible now. The game is nearly half a year old and stuff like this is still coming out half baked; meanwhile balancing, bugs, and loot tables continue to remain unaddressed.

I’ve never really liked the Elder Scrolls franchise, but I may have to give their mmo a try.