Ascended amulets and ascended items overall.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

They need some carrot on the stick for new content. That’s why they didn’t release everything now.

I don’t even know why people’s asking. Just look at the exotic gear now. You can’t craft all the stats combination. You can’t do the same dungeon and get all the stats combination. Pvp wont’ give you all the stast combination. Karma vendor only give a few combination.

The new stats combination will come out when those new content is out. And they don’t want the jewelcrafter complain their profession is useless so they have to save a few combination.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And they don’t want the jewelcrafter complain their profession is useless so they have to save a few combination.

It’s already becoming useless.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: chaosmesmer.9857

chaosmesmer.9857

We do plan on adding more stat combo to existing ascended item types as well as adding more stat combos to new types.

~Izzy @-’—-

If possible, could we get a rough ETA on when to expect the new gear? I for one am looking forward to ascended items with knights stats!

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I am so flipping happy to read this. Carrion ascended gear…. -Homer drool-

They never said Carrion is one of those stats they are going to introduce. Remember they said they are releasing 30 types of amulets that will “fit any playstyle”? Might be the same thing now. Mixed stats no one would want.
They also never said WHEN they are releasing it.

Yeah, well… a girl can dream!

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

We do plan on adding more stat combo to existing ascended item types as well as adding more stat combos to new types.

~Izzy @-’—-

Can we have more details please? When will this happen and what stat combos will you add?
I sure hope you’ll add missing combos, like knights and clerics, and not even more weird (useless) ones like we have now.

Posted by: mezhulol.5710

mezhulol.5710

About time we got an answer, however vague it might be.
I guess I’ll be keeping my laurels for a while, looking forward to finally getting an ascended item that doesn’t gimp my build.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

I’m still waiting for some more answers. Even though I’m thankful for at leasy any reply, it’s still too vague. More info is needed.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I support your cause Thorquist :P I’m level 39 in FoTM and have (EDIT: almost) enough laurels for an amulet, but holding off as I do not want to waste 1 month worth of dailies on an amulet with stats I don’t really like. Getting gouged 250 globs for +5AR on the backpiece is also not an option for me. So I’m basically being artificially prevented from playing what I’d like to, and don’t tell me to do lv 40 with 25 AR because no party will accept me.

Can some devs tell me when they are coming or at least why they aren’t implemented in the first place? It is mind boggling to me and I’d suck if they weren’t in the 26th february release, so much that I might consider holding off on gem purchases for a while.

Edit:
As some people pointed out, I don’t have enough laurels yet . Tought monthly gave you 20 laurels, but it’s 10 instead. My bad, posted few hours before completing my monthly.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Rafujin.1498

Rafujin.1498

more info would indeed be helpfull

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

@You people complaining about no Knight’s ascended or other combos.

Do you think investing all your gear into 3 stats is wise? It’s not. Try to think outside the box.

With the use of ascended gear you can balance out your build in areas where you could be lacking, or potentially strengthen your build.

For example. Someone using all Knight’s gear may want Knight’s ascended, BUT, using the ascended rings combo power/toughness/critdamage (Cavalier’s) you can substantially boost your critdamage without needing to resort to using berserkers or valkyrie gear. It’s a huge increase in damage (8% crit dmg per ring) and defense (103 toughness per ring), these blow Knight’s out of the water for a majority of builds. Most likely a person with Knight’s will be lacking crit damage, so these rings are incredible.

You guys just need to think outside the box.

I never complained, because I knew it was impossible they wouldn’t be planning to add the more common stats in the future, but I wanted to reply to this.

Thinking outside the box is awesome-I generally oppose cookie-cutter builds-but some of our builds actually benefit from some stat focusing. Either that, or we already have a specific armor that “requires” to be balanced (as you stated) by trinkets of different stats than those currently available. In short, not every player that wants other stats to be made available aren’t thinking “outside the box.”

Players should be aware of the new nomenclatures being offered, though, becuase combining some of them may lead to novel ways to enjoy the game and balance our gear. However, I feel we are at the very early stages of the stat nomenclature period, and we need to wait and see, and perhaps not spend that much right now unless whatever it is works for you for sure.

Cavalier’s+Knight’s seems nice

Explorer’s+Wayfarer’s can make sense for a few farming builds

Who knows what’s to come, Ascended or otherwise.

Astralporing.1957

I support your cause Thorquist :P I’m level 39 in FoTM and have enough laurels for an amulet

I really need to ask. How?

Actions, not words.

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

I don’t think its a problem…

- More stuff will come
- You can easily balance out the bonuses from Ascended with other stuff

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I support your cause Thorquist :P I’m level 39 in FoTM and have enough laurels for an amulet, but holding off as I do not want to waste 1 month worth of dailies on an amulet with stats I don’t really like. Getting gouged 250 globs for +5AR on the backpiece is also not an option for me. So I’m basically being artificially prevented from playing what I’d like to, and don’t tell me to do lv 40 with 25 AR because no party will accept me.

Can some devs tell me when they are coming or at least why they aren’t implemented in the first place? It is mind boggling to me and I’d suck if they weren’t in the 26th february release, so much that I might consider holding off on gem purchases for a while.

Wait how do you have enough laurels for an amulet?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well we are missing gear at the exotic level still such as Cavalier (you can get it but its painfully hard to get the full armor set). There is a lot of room for gear at both levels its just takes time and its a good thing to keep putting new things out over time vs just putting it out all at once.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

So it’s been a while since the dev replied and I’m still very curious…when and how will these new stat bonuses be introduced? I HOPE that we can get them through fractals and laurels because that would be a complete waste of my time…I’ve already pregrinded the necessary amount of fractals to afford a backpiece, and two ascended rings so I hope I can at least be rewarded like the OTHERS who did them already. I want to progress into more fractals…let me play YOUR content Anet!

Posted by: Greenitrab.4913

Greenitrab.4913

stuck working on the stat combo for my build with the current available ascended. I’ve seen it done buying other items which are pricey, while still loosing stats that I don’t want to be without. funny thing about it is that they are all stat combos which could be purchased by jewelers prior to ascended items. It’s what i’ve built my build around and I’m finding it difficult to dump at LEAST 100g to gain a few stats of different builds while loosing some of mine. would rather specialize than have 150+ toughness while loosing X of stat Y. very difficult. I hope it comes out soon! Feb update! stuck in fractals and purchasing stuff i really want because of this!

Posted by: Greenitrab.4913

Greenitrab.4913

as of now im dumping fractal relics into getting the AR on an item i don’t want to have equipped for the AR alone… just doesn’t make much sense to me unless ya’ll are really trying to reinvent the end game builds as a whole with ascended. but the options to me for anything seem soooo vague and all over the place. I understand the huge bonus in 1 ring and have a second stat huge bonus on the other. but im sure im not the only one that has 1 big bonus of each and losing out horribly on the second and third stat

KinkyPotato.4219

The questions still stand:
1) Why is it taking so long to implement the other armor combinations? Would it not have been more efficient to release all the armor combinations at the same time?
4) Since Ascended gear was created after launch, is it safe for us to assume that we have to wait another six months before equivalent rings, backpieces, and amulets are released for the other combinations?
5) What is the current plan regarding the missing armor combinations going forth (assuming there is even one)?

I’ll expand on #5 a little more…I’m really really worried that all that time I spent in fractals saving pristine fractal relics is going to go to waste because Anet won’t release the missing nomenclatures in the fractal vendor. This is really bothersome, and kind of crushes my drive for the game tbh.

From now on Anet, I sincerely and highly advise you to introduce EVERY single item piece going forth the next time you attempt to implement a new armor type. I don’t believe (and it probably shouldn’t) it’ll take you that long and it’s INCREDIBLY more efficient to get them all done in one try rather than going back and implementing them multiple times. Otherwise, you begin losing track and things get EXTREMELY messy (see the fact that we’ve been restricted access to Ascended gear for 3+ months now).

You have stated numerous times that you want us to play the way we want to play and to be rewarded for playing that way…releasing the missing nomenclatures as craftables only basically destroys the reward for fractal players and daily/monthly chasers. What if we don’t want to craft the missing ascended pieces? Why is it that Berserkers/Rabid/Cavalier…etc get to access their gear in multiple ways while we’re only restricted to one path? How is that fair in any way?

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Now that I think about it… All of the missing stat combos are those acquired normally via crafting. They may be adding them as crafted ascended items at some point down the road for absurd amounts of ecto and other things, as if all the stuff wasn’t expensive enough as-is!

The only exception is Berserker gear, which I guess they had to introduce or no one would use the Ascended items at all.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Sphecida.6231

Sphecida.6231

And they don’t want the jewelcrafter complain their profession is useless so they have to save a few combination.

It’s already becoming useless.

This^^

I was so dismayed to check out the Laurel Vendor and discover that my only useful craft besides cooking had become obsolete. On the plus side: the price of ectoplasm may fall.

Posted by: Alent.4780

Alent.4780

I can’t believe they haven’t given more detail on this. ANet, do you have enough forum mods?

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Any plans on adding quivers to laurel vendors? quiver skins are currently impossible to get for people who don’t play fractal dungeons.

They should make everything available in Fractals available with laurels at some point.

We shouldn’t be forced into fractals for backpacks, quiver skins, etc.

Access for all play styles.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Another point I’d like looked at: Slot Options. Every stat option available has an offensive and a defensive (amulets added utility), yet some stat options have more than one of each slot type.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

so why can’t i get these from wvw? 3 months and counting….

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

you are getting update to WvW in a week…

Ascended gear has no place in WvW… who’s gonna cast agony? Really?

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

The WvW update was pushed back to March.

In addition, if you haven’t noticed, there are new “Infusion” slots that give you + stats (+Healing, Power, Crit, 20% Magic Find, 20% Gold from Mobs, etc) that you can slot into the Ascended gear now. They’re equivalent to “Jewelcrafting Gems” from World of Warcraft that you slot into your gear on top of the bonus stats they already give you over Exotics + Exquisite Jewels.

Thus, it’s literally an upgraded piece for all aspects of the game. Not just Fractals.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

lol. they still have better stats than exotics.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Wolfheart.1938

26th is approaching as fast as my hopes are going down

Posted by: Oni.7451

Oni.7451

Just here to drop my 2 cents… I have grinded and grinded and grinded to get the tokens for my Guardian only to find that my Exotic starts have no Ascended equivalent. I find it quite frustrating that I am forced to ether re-spec my entire character (aka Grind even more) or not play GW2 with my friends. How fun does that sound? In my personal opinion, that sounds terrible. If they are going to introduce a new tier and anger a large part of the community in doing so, the least they could do is give us all the stats.

This should be their first priority. NOT evolving events like Flame and Frost. (as much fun as they are)

What ever happened to refining the game you already have?

(edited by Oni.7451)

Astralporing.1957

*This should be their first priority.

It’s not like it would take lot of time. The only time-consuming part is making new icons. Software work – adding eq to the vendor is like 5 mins top.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Seriously? No one has any opinion at all?

Seriosly, no one isn’t here really overhyperventilating ?

Dude, the current things we have are just the BEGINNING.
Don’t you see, that Anet is just implementing slowly part by part with their updates new ascendent items?

Isn’t it obvious, that anet doesn’t want to flood the game with new items every month??
Man, how blind must people be, when anet clearly has stated in their ascended item blog, that this is just the beginning and that they have more on the backhand, when they think that the time is right.

We have so far only Rings, Amulets and Back Items as ascendend items, no ascended armor sets yet, no ascendend weapons, no ascended earrings.
The last two months just introduced rings and amulets.
And we can be sure, that more will come in future updates >.>

man, how can be people only be so querulous, even when its so super obvious, that more will come later ….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Wolfheart.1938

Orpheal, the point. I think you missed it. We are not asking for NEW ascended items, I think that most of us would be happier if ascended was never introduced. We are asking them to implement the other stat combinations in already introduced items. And enough with the time excuses, ascended rings were introduced 3 months ago and have yet to be expanded upon. Would you be happy if they first released a full set of ascended armor, but only cloth? Don’t fret, they’ll introduce ascended heavy armor 4 months later and medium 6 months in.

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Astralporing.1957

Don’t you see, that Anet is just implementing slowly part by part with their updates new ascendent items?

First, we don’t want new items – some of us at least would be happier if ascended were never introduced. Since they were, we’d at least have them representing all stat sets, instead of only a few.
Second, the devs have already acknowledged that the piecemeal addition of ascended eq (as far as stat sets and places where they can be acquired are concerned) was a big mistake. It is okay to slowly implement new slots. It is not okay to limit their acquisition methods or supported builds. People that use those missing builds should be treated equally with those that use Glass Cannons.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

The state of ascended gear, and the lack of stat support is horrible. Fractals and ascended gear was poorly implemented from the beginning, it has caused fracturing in the community and is just frustrating in general. In my opinion, this has been the most poorly handled aspect of this game since launch. As has been mentioned, gear choice is a balancing act and is one of the things that we spend a LOT of time on. I mean, in an MMO your character is EVERYTHING. On top of that, gear capping a character is significant time investment. An investment that currently, many of us can not participate in because the top tier gear is not available in the stat configuration that we have heretofore invested so heavily in. This is unacceptable. The way it has been handled, and is continuing to be handled, is unacceptable. Ascended gear, the agony system, and fractals are, in their current state, unacceptable.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Well, it seems that no changes will be seen in the upcoming patch… which is (as well as no further information about the state of ascended gear) greatly disappointing.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

On top of that, gear capping a character is significant time investment. An investment that currently, many of us can not participate in because the top tier gear is not available in the stat configuration that we have heretofore invested so heavily in. This is unacceptable.

Are you saying that you want best-in-slot gear to be required and it’s unacceptable that the stat combo you desire is not available, or that you don’t want best-in-slot gear to be required?

KinkyPotato.4219

Why is this aspect of the game being so poorly handled? This is INCREDIBLY messy and frustrating beyond belief. I cannot believe that a company once praised for its quality assurance (ala Guild Wars 1) is currently cutting corners and not implementing every possible stat combination. It would have been a thousand times more efficient had you just introduced an insignia and let us pick (from a preset list of course) which stat combos we wanted. That way, you wouldn’t have to run around introducing every single possible stat combination as an armor piece…rather just introduce the insignia for the armor piece and let us choose on our own. This is so UNACCEPTABLE and disappointing that we have to wait AT LEAST another month before Anet decides to add the other missing sets. And by then, they would have probably introduced Ascended Accessories (Earrings)…

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

On top of that, gear capping a character is significant time investment. An investment that currently, many of us can not participate in because the top tier gear is not available in the stat configuration that we have heretofore invested so heavily in. This is unacceptable.

Are you saying that you want best-in-slot gear to be required and it’s unacceptable that the stat combo you desire is not available, or that you don’t want best-in-slot gear to be required?

Sorry, let me clarify myself a bit. what i mean is, acquiring best in slot gear is a significant time investment. (both in build crafting and gear acquisition). i do not think that best in slot should should be “required” per say, but i do imagine that most players are striving to achieve it. That being said, it is frustrating that a new tier of gear would be introduced, which IS required for play in certain areas (high level fractals), but is NOT available in all existing stat combos. This effectively means; if you DO want best in slot, and you DO want to participate in all available endgame content, but you DO NOT have a build which is built around one of the few available ascended stat combos, then you need to re-spec… This is frustrating.

That being said. i LOVE this game. i have a blast playing it and i will continue to enjoy it, fractals or not. I just would like to see ascended gear and fractals handled more effectively.

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

I know this may be an eye opening revelation, but most people could care less that ascended items give agony resistance. The whole reason these items were introduced into the game is because there was so much outcry by WoW kids that there isn’t gear progression and “end-game” (what’s this even mean) gear isn’t available and that there’s nothing to do in game and “I’m bored”. I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that if ascended items had the same exact stats as exotic gear plus regular jewel slots and a slot for +5 agony resistance no one would care about this gear-set and the cry for more gear progression will continue.

This is why I find it comical when people say this gear set is really only for fractals and has virtually no improvement over exotic gear. Putting aside the obvious lack of understanding of very simple math these people possess, don’t you think if these items simply were for fractals it would work as how i mentioned earlier? Why the need for increased stats? Wouldn’t agony be the only necessary extra stat? Also does anyone really think that people using ascended gear are saying to themselves “Oh these items are only for fractals, I’m going to remove them for my exotic accessories now that I’m back in open world PvE or now that I’m in WvW.” Please let’s get real here ascended items represent gear progression, and once the full set of ascended gear is introduced (armor, weapons, and accessories) they are going to become mandatory.

I don’t like ascended items but since they are here to stay Anet should just include the full stat lines rather than picking and choosing. All they are doing is simply gimping some people’s play-styles while buffing other people’s. I mean if you look at it ascended items have simply buffed glass cannon and tank play-styles while gimping others with the lack of relevant stat-line ascended gear.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Isn’t it obvious, that anet doesn’t want to flood the game with new items every month??
Man, how blind must people be, when anet clearly has stated in their ascended item blog, that this is just the beginning and that they have more on the backhand, when they think that the time is right.

We have so far only Rings, Amulets and Back Items as ascendend items, no ascended armor sets yet, no ascendend weapons, no ascended earrings.
The last two months just introduced rings and amulets.
And we can be sure, that more will come in future updates >.>

man, how can be people only be so querulous, even when its so super obvious, that more will come later ….

Wow, you totally missed the “so super obvious” point. We just want the stat loadouts for our builds. We know more ascended will be released.

The people that like doing fractals that happen to use a stat loadout that ascended doesn’t have got screwed pretty bad here. They had to make expensive equipment and use hard earned relics and sparse RNG drops to upgrade there ascended gear. Gear that basically gimps their build but is essential to advance in a dungeon they like. Now they will have to spend the money and resources again on the same gear to get the stat loadout that fits their build. Then they’re left with the old useless equipment that can’t even be salvaged for items or to get the infusions back.

Up until this thread we hadn’t heard a word if ascended would be released with different stats, so you had to use resources for non-optimal gear or not play fractals. It would be nice if all stat loadouts were released simultaneously in the future. Sure, spread them across different areas of the game however you see fit. Just give access to them.

Hawkian.6580

soldier,

It’s funny, you both identified the reason that the gear does have a stat boost (to give players who crave vertical progression something to watch increase on their hero sheet) and the reason the stat boost is so meager (if these items were simply for fractals…), then jump 15 steps to conclude that Ascended gear will become mandatory.

I legitimately don’t get it. I try and I try and I can’t see it , and I know the game inside and out. Exotic gear isn’t mandatory right now. Level 80 gear isn’t mandatory right now. Furthermore, mandatory for what?

Regardless of what you speculate Ascended gear means, by far the most important thing about it right now is that it allows you to have Agony Resistance. That said, of course I absolutely agree that the missing stat combos should be added to the lineup of obtainable gear.

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

soldier,

It’s funny, you both identified the reason that the gear does have a stat boost (to give players who crave vertical progression something to watch increase on their hero sheet) and the reason the stat boost is so meager (if these items were simply for fractals…), then jump 15 steps to conclude that Ascended gear will become mandatory.

I legitimately don’t get it. I try and I try and I can’t see it , and I know the game inside and out. Exotic gear isn’t mandatory right now. Level 80 gear isn’t mandatory right now. Furthermore, mandatory for what?

Regardless of what you speculate Ascended gear means, by far the most important thing about it right now is that it allows you to have Agony Resistance. That said, of course I absolutely agree that the missing stat combos should be added to the lineup of obtainable gear.

Mandatory for “end-game” as so many people say. Honestly we’re arguing semantics here, it’s not mandatory to use all 70 of your traits points but everyone does it because we have access and why not. When I say mandatory I mean something that the vast majority of the player base does, prefers, or deems necessary or beneficial. If you asked a guy in your party if I should use rare or exotic gear for this dungeon run he’s obviously going to say exotic. Take a look at Arah Dungeon Explorable Mode (theoretically GW2 endgame), you’re telling me you could do this dungeon with a party of guys running a full set of rares, and I mean not just path 3 but all paths. This dungeon is hard enough with exotics so you’re telling me knowingly gimping yourself with inferior gear is not a bad idea? You’re telling me a group flipping camps in WvW who has a full-set of ascended gear on each member wouldn’t be able to flip that camp faster and get out of dodge before the enemy zerg arrives in comparison to guys with just exotics or rares? I’m talking from a full gear spec perspective when ascended armor and weapons arrive they won’t just have better stats but also better base armor defense and weapon damage. I think that is going to be a more substantial gap widener between the exotic and ascended gear sets.

Also I’m telling you that most people don’t care about the agony resistance other than hardcore fractal runners. The fact that they included laurels make this whole ascended items are for fractals point moot. You can get all the ascended items without ever stepping in fractals, hence these items aren’t specifically for fractals. They are for people, as you said, who like to see numbers go up on their character sheet. Anyway I don’t know what we are arguing here as we’re both on the same side. I believe all the stat lines for ascended items needs to be introduced so people can play whatever way they like. I don’t like ascended gear, but that doesn’t mean I think this gear should restrict play-styles. Anyway I’m writing too much, but I don’t think we’re in disagreement over the the actual thread topic so it’s all cool. No need to sweat the details.

(edited by oversoul soldier.1742)

Hawkian.6580

Well, shrug I have done Arah without full exotic gear personally, and by the way, “knowingly gimping yourself with inferior gear” is a funny way to look at it when that dungeon existed before Ascended gear did. If anything getting all the Ascended slots for the purpose of doing Arah is over gearing for it. :P

As to WvW, the most legitimate complaints regarding Ascended gear lie here. I would argue that WvW is plainly designed to be wildly imbalanced from all perspectives, and thus a gear disparity is inherently unimportant in the end, but whatever. I can see it being frustating that you can be playing against characters with gear that you can’t earn by playing that mode, that’s a valid concern.

The thing is, you’re speculating kind of wildly about what things will be like when full ascended armor sets come. There are a lot of unanswered questions (Runes?) so it’s just too early to tell what’s gonna happen.

To your last point I’d simply say that Ascended items were added to the Laurel merchant inventory specifically because enough people didn’t like the fact that you could only earn them in fractals. Thus the “numbers go up” people who don’t like fractals can still climb some stairs. But again, ultimately the most benefit Ascended gear provides right now is far and away agony resistance. That makes a difference you can feel in high-level fractals, where the stat boost is negligible.

Aaaaanyway, yeah, on the major topic, I agree 100% that the missing stat lines should be added to the choices of rings and amulets.

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I think they are not going to be adding the new stat lines with this month’s patch. I think we would have probably heard about that by now. They have to name the new rings, come up with the individual graphics for the icons, and so on. I want to buy one right away too, but I think it just won’t be happening.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Alent.4780

I think they are not going to be adding the new stat lines with this month’s patch. I think we would have probably heard about that by now. They have to name the new rings, come up with the individual graphics for the icons, and so on. I want to buy one right away too, but I think it just won’t be happening.

What about fractal capacitors and other back items, though, they all look the same, and how hard is it to come up with some names?

Astralporing.1957

Not hard at all. And it’s not like it’s something new they started doing last week – the questions about missing sets were up within days of first ascended eq release. That was over 3 months ago – way longer than you’d need to get some icons and names into the game.
If these sets are not in the next patch, it won’t be due to some “objective problems”, but only because they for some reason don’t want to introduce them. In which case i’d expect them to explain clearly why.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

Not hard at all. And it’s not like it’s something new they started doing last week – the questions about missing sets were up within days of first ascended eq release. That was over 3 months ago – way longer than you’d need to get some icons and names into the game.
If these sets are not in the next patch, it won’t be due to some “objective problems”, but only because they for some reason don’t want to introduce them. In which case i’d expect them to explain clearly why.

True that. Very random. Good thing exotics are still good for the new world content and dungeons. That being said, not much incentive to run fractals after you’ve seen them a few times.

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

I highly doubt we’ll get missing sets in the February update. It is going to be another disappointment.

Alent.4780

I highly doubt we’ll get missing sets in the February update. It is going to be another disappointment.

The least they could do is tell us why, then.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I already got the 20% more gold slot filler and plan to use it on my amulet when I get it.