Ascended amulets and ascended items overall.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Funny this thread came up, because i spent an hour last night trying to pick an amulet. I guess we’ll just have to carry a bunch of gear to swap situationally.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The thing that I don’t get is that so many of the Ascended items in the laurel store have either Magic Find or Condition Damage. Ommv, but I want no part of either one.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We’ll see this patch how serious they are about fixing this.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

It’s almost a month since I’ve created this topic and we only got a vague tidbit of indormation… It’s quite disappointing.

Posted by: Oni.7451

Oni.7451

It’s almost a month since I’ve created this topic and we only got a vague tidbit of indormation… It’s quite disappointing.

This seems to be the on-going theme with Ascended Item discussion. You would think that a topic with this much user involvement would translate to a higher number of Dev responses, not that they are obligated too or anything. Honestly… I’m surprised we got the response that we did from Isaiah Cartwright. I’m relatively happy with their response, but a time-frame would be nice… yah know… so I know how long I’m going to be holding onto my Tokens and Luarals.

Posted by: Alent.4780

Alent.4780

I’m relatively happy with their response, but a time-frame would be nice… yah know… so I know how long I’m going to be holding onto my Tokens and Luarals.

My sentiments exactly!

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Any word yet on what we’re supposed to do with account bound, unsalvagable, unforgeable ascended rings?

Is it still just vendor trash?

Alent.4780

Any word yet on what we’re supposed to do with account bound, unsalvagable, unforgeable ascended rings?

Yeah man, you saw they put extra bank tabs on sale, that covers it right? = p

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

More alts.

More alts make everything better.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Vendor trash.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Good news everybody! Cleric, Knight, Rampager and a new variation ( precision main + power/tough ) have been added to current Ascended Items! Thanks Arenanet!!!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Thorquist.8126

Good news everybody! Cleric, Knight, Rampager and a new variation ( precision main + power/tough ) have been added to current Ascended Items! Thanks Arenanet!!!

Yeah, kudos for that ANet… However! :P There are still some problems that have to be addressed.

1. Unbelievable cost of amulets and earrings with no possibility to gain them somewhere else – when people (like me) play on multiple characters, they cannot afford them, because you need to do 30 dailes or 20 dailes and monthly to get them. I have 3 fully equipped characters that I play everyday and the fourth one is coming soon. To equip amulets ONLY I have to play everyday as if it was a chore, but can’t do anything about it, because that’s the only way.

2. Fractal Capicitators are still missing variations.

3. Lack of possibilites with unwanted rings from dailies. They should be salvagable to get essence or at least something (other backslots should be salvagable as well).

4. Infusion problems with new rings. Even though we can buy new rings now, they cannot be infused, because there’s no recipe for them in the Mystic Toilet.

For now that’s all I remember, but if I remember something else, I’ll surely add them here.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes and then you see the cost in a game when the only grind was meant to be for cosmetics.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

There are still many builds that are still not possible with Ascended gear. Ex: Valkyrie

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Wolfheart.1938

I’m not saying that everything is fine and dandy because as you quickly pointed out there’s still a ton of issues. As many posters here I’d be happier if Ascended Gear was never released, or wasn’t so alt-unfriendly at least. But oh well, the fact that both rings, amulets and the new accessories include 3 of the most common combos is a sign that they are working on it. =)

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Yeah, kudos for that ANet… However! :P There are still some problems that have to be addressed.

1. Unbelievable cost of amulets and earrings with no possibility to gain them somewhere else – when people (like me) play on multiple characters, they cannot afford them, because you need to do 30 dailes or 20 dailes and monthly to get them. I have 3 fully equipped characters that I play everyday and the fourth one is coming soon. To equip amulets ONLY I have to play everyday as if it was a chore, but can’t do anything about it, because that’s the only way.

3. Lack of possibilites with unwanted rings from dailies. They should be salvagable to get essence or at least something (other backslots should be salvagable as well).

4. Infusion problems with new rings. Even though we can buy new rings now, they cannot be infused, because there’s no recipe for them in the Mystic Toilet.

For now that’s all I remember, but if I remember something else, I’ll surely add them here.

It’s not just alts, its builds. The game has this great, dynamic system that lets you switch and change your build and weapons whenever you want, but their end game gear is so time consuming, not hard or challenging, that it negates the flexibility in the system.

The rings I thought were done well. The laurel stuff, is just stupid.

~ AoN ~

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

so why can’t i get these from wvw? 3 months and counting….

you are getting update to WvW in a week…

Ascended gear has no place in WvW… who’s gonna cast agony? Really?

If having a slot to place agony resist was all the only reason we have ascended gear, then why the stat increase from exotic to ascended? Its not needed then.

If ascended stats = exotic stats, but had infusion slots for resist I would have NO problems with this game, or its direction and I would not feel compelled to grind out ascended gear…because I would already have my max stat set.

Ascended gear is the worst thing to have happened to the game.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Yes and then you see the cost in a game when the only grind was meant to be for cosmetics.

ANet tried that. The result was players speed-running dungeons, getting their sets and saying, “nothing to do, no sense of progression, etc.”

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I still won’t bother with Ascended Items. At all. Problem solved

Polka will never die

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

we relly need some input here

are there gonna be infuserecipes, wvw ascendend, new stuff for fractal relics in the nxt patch month?

you said you gonna add stuff over time now we got ascendend from laurels, fractals and guildmissions.

didnt see a screenie yet but if people really getting ascenden earrings for zerging some champion with 50 people, might aswell finally add them to wvw for 100 badges…..

Thorquist.8126

I still hope, we’ll get more answers to the remaining issues as it would be nice to know what we’re supposed to do about many characters as the system now is not friendly towards more than one character.

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Just adding my voice of support to this topic! Would really like more answers about this as well!

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

It’s not just useless/broken traits/skills that limits builds anymore, now it’s acsended items. When you combine these 2 together you get quite an ugly mess.

It’s too bad class design/balancing doesn’t get much attention.

Posted by: Replect.3407

Replect.3407

We do plan on adding more stat combo to existing ascended item types as well as adding more stat combos to new types.

~Izzy @-’—-

That’s good to hear, but what actually bothers me is how difficult (or should I say time consuming it is) to get all the combinations that would work for different roles, at least with taking ascended gear into account.

A missing build saver (incl. gear, weapons and all that stuff), the fact that we can’t reset our traits on the fly (I don’t care about the 3-4 silver) and if we put just one point too much in a trait line we can’t take that back, instead we have to reset the whole points again… And how bothering it is to handle all those gear sets (if you, as said, are actually able to get those together) really stops me and my mates to change our build as we would like to, instead doing dungeons/fractals with what we have at the moment and just hope we get through it with what we have…

Do something about it! :-/

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

What annoys me is how Anet take months to release new stat combo’s. I got both rings and amulet to then have to get them all again because they finally 4 months down the line decided to add Knights combo to ascended items. Atleast tell us that you’re working on or adding them in the near future. I would have happily saved my 30 laurels until Feb patch as now I have to farm 60 to get the stat combo I want

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

welcome to Grinding Wars 2

Alent.4780

What annoys me is how Anet take months to release new stat combo’s. I got both rings and amulet to then have to get them all again because they finally 4 months down the line decided to add Knights combo to ascended items. Atleast tell us that you’re working on or adding them in the near future. I would have happily saved my 30 laurels until Feb patch as now I have to farm 60 to get the stat combo I want

Months to release new combos for everything except back items. Play the way you want means “using these 5 attribute combos”. Hope your play style fits into one of those!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The earrings are barely stronger then exotic. It seems only the rings are the odd ball out of the trinkets. I think we are getting near the cap that they want to give us i believe that the armor and weapons are going to be not much stronger then exotic.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Going by how this game is turning out
It will take over 3 months to get the two earnings

It will take about 3-4 years doing dailies plus whatever crazy amount of gold required to get the Ascended armor and weapons!

This is turning into a joke really!

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It will take about 3-4 years doing dailies plus whatever crazy amount of gold required to get the Ascended armor and weapons!

Don’t worry, Anet will save us from necessity of doing it by virtue of adding a new eq/level tier when we will be only halfway. That way we will be able to start everything from the beginning.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Going by how this game is turning out
It will take over 3 months to get the two earnings

This is turning into a joke really!

Think about us poor folk with alts…

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Ten level 80 toons- any wonder when I saw this system I pretty much gave up on the idea of ever getting ascended stuff for all my toons (especially as I don’t have the time/patience for multiple fractals runs, I’m mainly a wvw player.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Ten level 80 toons- any wonder when I saw this system I pretty much gave up on the idea of ever getting ascended stuff for all my toons (especially as I don’t have the time/patience for multiple fractals runs, I’m mainly a wvw player.

Totally agree, nine characters here, pretty pointless even trying to get Ascended through the poor time sink way, i guess Ascended is “optional” sadly so is Guildwars 2 at this time…

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

We have our backpacks, and a full suite of accessories, all of which require time gates, grinding, expensive MF recipes, and/or focussing on content that some may not like (fractals, guild missions).

Most of the heartache regarding these things would probably go away if the Ascended gear stopped right there. People would be happy to play the things they like without having to worry about BiS gear.

ANet, your content ideas are often brilliant, but attaching a BiS grind to them is upsetting folks who want to play how they want to play. It’s making the game into a job, and starting to become very annoying. I left games because they got like this. You’re about to become next. Why can’t you be the talented, wonderful studio who makes fun games?

Please, just don’t release any more Ascended gear beyond Backpieces and Accessories. They are ruining an otherwise good game. Make fun content instead. And cool skins. I’ll buy gems if I’m having fun.

oruma.4092

adding ascended gear is fine, adding only a few variation of gameplay to get them is not fine

upgrades of earrings is so minor anyway

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

adding ascended gear is fine, adding only a few variation of gameplay to get them is not fine

upgrades of earrings is so minor anyway

Upgrades on earrings are minor
Upgrades on rings are minor
Upgrades on amulets are minor

BUT, if you add the stat upgrades of all of them, the difference is larger and once weapons/armor are introduced the difference will be a lot higher (I believe around 10%?)

oruma.4092

ofc the problem is not that your gear improves, problem is the gear is only available through certain playstyles

still dont see why there was a need to rush content without adding it for the whole game

fractals now guildmissions

Thorquist.8126

So in the end ANet is not really fond of altoholics. I guess it’s time to stick with one character…

Thorquist.8126

As the topic seems to be dying out and the problems remain, I’ve deicded to write about it again, because this topic has yet to be fully answered. As someone previously wrote, it was said that the only grind we’ll meet in the game is for aesthetics. Now, we clearly see that is not true. Not only do we have to grind our kitten out to equip JUST ONE CHARACTER, but also there’s no real place for getting ascended on alts OR support for different builds. There’s even no alternative to get them. Even kittenty RNG in higher fractals would be better then waiting 6 weeks and paying 5g (earrings) or logging in everyday for 30 days (not counting monthly) just to get ONE item – amulet. So if I want to have 8 characters that are fully equipped with ascended trinkets I have to play FOR OVER 22 MONTHS just to get earrings. And that’s only the case when every character is with only one build.

Seriously ANet, what the hell? Didn’t you say you don’t want us to grind and enjoy your game? Let me remind your own words when the community questioned your “no-gear-grind” philosophy that you were so proud of.

We do intend to focus on horizontal but we will have vertical progression moving forward with the focus on zero grind and a very low power curve.

So, yeah, only the ‘very low power curve’ seems to be true. There is a grind and you CANNOT deny it. Numbers do the work themselves. GIVE US ALTERNATIVES – I think that’s the one and only phrase that most of the community would agree with.

And just to remind you, I’m posting the other problems from before:

3. Lack of possibilites with unwanted rings from dailies. They should be salvagable to get essence or at least something (other [especially rare] backslots should be salvagable as well).

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Where is the other BIG ascended thread gone? (o_O)
Have they deleted it? (°__°)"

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i understand the reason for the ascended kitten kitt stuff.
they needed to satisfy the stat progression oriented gamers.

but personnaly, its not my fav thing.
actually, i wished they could have thought of a better horizontal system.

but i cannot blame them too much for stuffing that cheap stuff down our throat.
its needed for a lot of people, and especially since the endgame pvp/wvw isnt yet nailed for most players (my personal biggest gripe with the game, i feel there can be so much things done pvp wise with gw2) and the pve endgame is a “faceroll farming”.
so yeah;
missing fun? add gear progression

Thorquist.8126

Where is the other BIG ascended thread gone? (o_O)
Have they deleted it? (°__°)"

Never seen the other one, that’s why I started this one :P

missing fun? add gear progression

I don’t have anything against progression, but I really hate the numbers I wrote above. It was supposed to not be a grindy game, except for the looks, and now when I think about those earrings and amultes AND the ascended to come, I truly believe ANet went astray from what they, well, lied to us.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I highly doubt we’ll get missing sets in the February update. It is going to be another disappointment.

The least they could do is tell us why, then.

Or they could have designed Ascended gear to function identically to Exotic gear, while also having the infusion slot.

That way they wouldn’t have rendered much of the game’s existing “top-end” content utterly useless. >_>

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: god.6935

god.6935

Seriously, GW2 has no monthly fees and still ANet gives us updates every month ! Stop complaining about them giving us longer life to the game and new things to do in it.

Yes, there are issues and it is good to report them (lack of stats combo in ascended backpack, issue about guild missions not feasable by small guilds, …) but they are truely improving things. You say 30 laurels is too much, but 10 daylies and 2 monthlies can get them within 10 days. Their new contents give us goals that we cannot achieve in a few days : great, we can enjoy the game without feeling there is no more progression !

And honestly, you don’t need full ascended on all your characters… You don’t even need full exotic even on your main…

Wolfheart.1938

<.< Moving swiftly on

Here’s to hoping 26th will expand the stats on ascendeds =)

Thorquist.8126

So, according to the patch notes, we will finally be able to upgrade our new rings, but still the other problems remain…

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

ANet promised they would add Valkyrie and Carrion gear this patch but I guess they lied. So I guess we have to wait another month to stop being punished for creating a build that doesn’t use popular gear.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Cymatoperior.5942

Cymatoperior.5942

Carrion ascended gear. … still waiting…

Posted by: Varxar.4359

Varxar.4359

Any word on Valkyrie stats for Ascended gear?

Posted by: Galbar.7843

Galbar.7843

Still waiting for shaman ascended gear…