Ascended armor

Ascended armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Hey I was wondering If ascended armors and weapons made a big enough difference in fights in like wvw to make it worth getting. I was thinking of going for ascended but only If it was exponentially worth it in fights.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

Ascended armor

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Nope, its only good for agony resistance for FoTM, and cosmetics if that’s your thing

Ascended armor

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Now now, the -1% damage from guards, etc in WvW infusions are a big deal.

Ascended armor

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

The increase is minimal. The difference in berserker stats between a full set of exotic armor and a full set of ascended armor is less than one ruby orb. That’s right, one ruby orb has more of a stat increase than an entire set of ascended armor.

If you have a full set of exotic armor and you put one ruby orb in one of the six pieces, you will have more of a stat increase than you would from a full set of ascended armor with no runes/orbs in it.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Ascended armor

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Here is the breakdown of the stat difference for ascended berserker armor. Please do not reply to the thread because it is like 10 months old and we’re not supposed to comment on VERY old threads. Just read it for informational purposes only.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-armor-cost-benefit/first#post3352661

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Ascended armor

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

it’s not going to push any off the shelf broken builds which are a large factor in this game..
but for the typical player who works on their character, it’s a nudge in the right direction.. i personally found ascended gear an interesting crafting endeavor.. depending on what stats you choose though, with the current game economy it may be unreasonably out of your budget

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Ascended armor

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Exotic is just fine, ascended is a little higher on the stats, and provides us something to work towards crafting wise.
I’ve gotten by fine without it for the past two years, but they are a long term thing to work for, if you are up for it.