Ascended armor cost/benefit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I leveled armorsmith to 500, but as I was crafting I previewed the armor pieces and noticed how small of a stat increase it was.

Below is the stat increase for a heavy berserker armor set (lets face it, it’s the most popular)

Defense: +55
Power: +14
Precision: +11
Crit damage: +1%
+6 Defensive Infusion slots

that’s less than one ruby orb

Keep in mind, this is for ascended heavy. The stats for the medium and light might be less.

If you don’t plan to go into triple digit fractals, you might not need this armor. The stat increase might not seem worth the cost of crafting ascended armor to some. Let’s not forget that, in general, most people do not like the skins for the ascended armors.

So, fellow players of Guild Wars 2, before you decide to spend hundreds of gold/hours scrambling to craft ascended armor, consider this information. This armor is really only for high level fractals.

This is ArenaNet’s answer to the players who migrated to GW2 from games like WoW who are addicted to grinding and running the same dungeons over and over and over for minuscule stat increases by fighting enemies that can pretty much one-shot them. If you are not a hardcore fractals player who is going to the 100+ level of fractals (if such a thing exists, I don’t know), I wouldn’t bother with this armor unless you really like the skin or just plain want every little bit of stat increase you can get (like me, because I’m a crit addict). Take this information how you will.

If even one player finds this information useful, then my job here is done. Good day to you.

Disclaimer: the message below will be included in all of my posts from now on until it is no longer necessary.

GIVE US MORE GUILD WARS 1 WEAPONS AND ARMOR SKINS!!!!

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Its also 30 AR ._. that s quite a lot.

You need 6000 golds to get those without an armor.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Zera Allimatti.2541

Again, that only matters to the hardcore fractal runners.

LordByron.8369

“hardcore fractal runners”?

fractal is a huge part of the game…..

Fotm 33, 41, 43 may be hard (and totally unbalanced)…fotm 50 is all but “hardcore”.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Zera Allimatti.2541

fractals is only a huge part of the game if you dont like PvP or W3. There are plenty of W3 players who dont care much for fractals. Fractals is just one part of the game. There’s no need to try to make it sound like Fractals is all there is to GW2.

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

I was expecting a big change. Can you post the stats by equipment piece so we know how much each piece changes? Also, there is +55 defense and 6×5 toughness from Infusion available there, which is actually a really decent reason to go for it as well (almost 1% DR).

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The best reason to level right now is to be able to sell 1 bolt of damask at ~20g per day.

LordByron.8369

fractals is only a huge part of the game if you dont like PvP or W3. There are plenty of W3 players who dont care much for fractals. Fractals is just one part of the game. There’s no need to try to make it sound like Fractals is all there is to GW2.

If it was for me i’d only play fotm and www <.<

But i could say that instabilities make fotm not harder but boring ….

GW2 balance:

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

There are also wvw-infusions and we´ll get better than blue ones for sure in the future (which probably will also cost a lot to craft or buy).

I also think Anet lowered the basic defense-stats against their first intentions as the data-mined chat-codes a few months back stated an increase of +5% defense compared to exotics.

Edit: obviously the increase in defense is still 5%. If this base defense works the same way as base weapon damage (multiplier) you can expect to take around 5% less direct damage in a full set.

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

Zera Allimatti.2541

Here are the individual pieces for heavy compared to exotic. Each piece has one unused upgrade slot and one defensive infusion slot.

Boots: +9 Def, +1 Power, +1 Precision, +0% crit
Chest: +19 Def, +5 Power, +4 Precision, +0% crit
Gloves: same as boots
Helm: +6 Def, +2 Power, +2 Precision, +0% crit
Leggings: +12 Def, +4 Power, +2 Precision, +1% crit
Shoulders: +6 Def, +1 Power, +1 Precision, +0% crit

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The best reason to level right now is to be able to sell 1 bolt of damask at ~20g per day.

shhhhhh

you’ll get the market flooded

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

LordByron.8369

what about celestial stats?

(the infusion slot is potentially another 30 stats)

GW2 balance:

Zera Allimatti.2541

And lets not forget, it’s going to take you 25 days to craft all the necessary bolts of Damask for your insignias and components (can only make one per day), unless you buy them, of course. But that will cost you over 500g right now.