Ascended gear

Ascended gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imakkiman.2875

Imakkiman.2875

I cannot believe people are actually crying about the ascended gear. The ’ gear treadmill’
will keep multiple people interested and it DOES NOT Prevent anyone from playing that content.

inb4: Blind fanboys

Ascended gear

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

I cannot believe people are actually crying about the ascended gear. The ’ gear treadmill’
will keep multiple people interested and it DOES NOT Prevent anyone from playing that content.

In GW1 I could leave the game for 6 months, come back & be on even playing field. With upcoming addition, the same won’t hold true for GW2. After only 3 months we have minor increases to items. In another 3 months, likely another minor increase. Minor increases add up to large gear disparities. Creating a uneven playing field.

Ascended gear

Posted by: jrdp.1856

jrdp.1856

I cannot belive that the hamster wheel players want to change a non item centric MMO in just another wow item model clone.

Ascended gear

Posted by: JJGlyph.9746

JJGlyph.9746

There have always been two great things about Guild Wars.

1. Customizing & making a build your own
2. Not having to grind for gear, being able to leave the game for a bit and still be relevant when you come back

I’m stunned they are moving toward this being a gear treadmill. Two thumbs down.

Ascended gear

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

wvwv

we have the same skill we meet frontally in a 1VS1

You deal 4% more damage while suffering 4% less, I instead does the same as before….

Who do you think will win?

After few months people whine because with their infused gear dungeons are too easy and so they made future dungeons on par with best equipment (and again for most classes difference between rare and exotic is being oneshot or not).

So no you are clearly wrong…..this is one ofthe worse thing GW2 could do for most players.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ascended gear

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

In GW1 I could leave the game for 6 months, come back & be on even playing field. With upcoming addition, the same won’t hold true for GW2. After only 3 months we have minor increases to items. In another 3 months, likely another minor increase. Minor increases add up to large gear disparities. Creating a uneven playing field.

I couldn’t come back to GW1 to be on an even playing field. All my friends have heroes, and I don’t. (not gear, but still power creep and an “advantage”)

The only difference is that in GW2 I can play and catch up, and in GW1 I have to pay (buy EotN) and play.

Some thought provoking quote

Ascended gear

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
thanks for your feedback.