Ascended gear and Builds

Ascended gear and Builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

has anyone noticed how bad ascended gear synergizes with GW2 build flexibility?

I for one will NOT craft ascended gear, not because I hate it but because it will make way too hard to change my build, can you even imagine how much money you will have to spend to swap from a power/crit to a condition bunker build?

and be aware, It will not only be a problem for those who like to swap builds a lot, It will also be a problem for those looking for the optimal build, cause a sudden change on traits might force you to swap your gear.

to sumarize, my point is: Exotic gear was fine enough, as it is now Ascended gear isn’t doing any good to the game, so dont get rid of ascended, but make it easier to get

what should be “hard to get”? skins, put some new armor/weapon skins to work towards in game, gemstore is fine, but do not forget you have a game to fill with stuff to do

Ascended gear and Builds

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

has anyone noticed how bad ascended gear synergizes with GW2 build flexibility?

Of course its one of the major argument against it. I can only think anet doesn’t actually want us to have that flexibility.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Ascended gear and Builds

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yeah, yet another reason why Ascended gear is just a terrible idea. I agree, it’s very discouraging. I want to try out different builds but I feel like I really can’t. Not to mention Ascended gear is not alt friendly either. Might be easier if they didn’t make the mats for crafting the new weapons and armor account bound, but for god knows what reason they did.

Ascended gear and Builds

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

That’s being known a few days before ascended weapons were released… When people found out the material lists…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!