Ascended gear poll

Ascended gear poll

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Hello ppl, i just created simple voting poll to see your opinion about this topic, just for fun ofc.

http://poll.pollcode.com/ttb2am

all is vain

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Fantastic idea. Guys/gals make sure to encourage people in-game to visit this too. Wish GW2 had polls built into their forums.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

Not saying anything bad or good about the forums, but it would have to be ingame to really get a proper accounting of attitudes.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Kaleidoscope.8091

Kaleidoscope.8091

Whatever the result, whoever thinks differently will say it’s just a vocal minority. It’s a nice argument, works anytime you don’t like what someone is saying.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

Poll is already invalid because the choices are incorrect. Ascended gear=Legendaries and most of the people complaining don’t know that. They are arguing a easier step in gear because the whiners don’t know themselves

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

Poll is already invalid because the choices are incorrect. Ascended gear=Legendaries and most of the people complaining don’t know that. They are arguing a easier step in gear because the whiners don’t know themselves

How do you know they won’t add an even higher tier?

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: VBMeireles.4951

VBMeireles.4951

False.

Ascended gear is a new tier of gear that is more powerful than Legendary gear is at this moment.

Because of that, they will buff the Legendary gear to be on par with Ascended gear.

Vinicius Meireles

Ascended gear poll

Silentstorm.7531

It’s not false again you didn’t read the notes. The legendary armor hasn’t been added to the game yet. But when it does get added it will be on par with ascended gear. They said it several times already. You guys just read what you want to read.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/
It’s amazing how you guys don’t read and SWEAR you are correct when someone can just google your face off into uselessness. I’ll direct you to this line since so many act like they couldn’t pass reading comprehension and passed drama queen 101.

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.
The new additions in November are just the start of our item progression initiative. We’re going to add tons of new high-level content to Guild Wars 2 in the future. As we introduce the new high-level content, we’ll also roll out complimentary Ascended and Legendary items (to say nothing of the other rewards you can earn by playing the content).”

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: slazzy.7309

slazzy.7309

It’s not false again you didn’t read the notes. The legendary armor hasn’t been added to the game yet. But when it does get added it will be on par with ascended gear. They said it several times already. You guys just read what you want to read.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/
It’s amazing how you guys don’t read and SWEAR you are correct when someone can just google your face off into uselessness. I’ll direct you to this line since so many act like they couldn’t pass reading comprehension and passed drama queen 101.

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.
The new additions in November are just the start of our item progression initiative. We’re going to add tons of new high-level content to Guild Wars 2 in the future. As we introduce the new high-level content, we’ll also roll out complimentary Ascended and Legendary items (to say nothing of the other rewards you can earn by playing the content).”

Excellent post. But don’t waste your time, its really not worth trying to reason with them. The parts of this forum I now enjoy are the profession sub-forums, lots of good information there. And for intelligent discussions there’s the guildwars2 subreddit and guildwars2forum. Come here for the entertainment only. The arguments have spun wildly into the absurd, and there’s too much misinformation about Anet’s intentions. You get a lot better info and much calmer chat, even among posters who don’t agree with each other, on those other sites.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Terrible idea. The majority of people talking about ascended on the forums are those kittening and freaking out about it. The people who are patient enough to wait for them to add more ascended gear and more ways to get it, and to balance the RNG, etc, are playing the game. The poll will be heavily biased in the “freaking out” group’s favor.

Blackgate

Ascended gear poll

Silentstorm.7531

Exactly Veltoss thats why I said the poll is incorrect

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

great poll. while it will end up a bit scewed, it should get the ascended overlord’s attention.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’d definitely going to be skewed heavily because happy or neutral people are far, far less likely to be lurking on the forums and reading these threads.

Hopefully it will yield some benefit. I despise the idea of a gear grind and endless vertical progression, but I’m learning to make peace with the addition of the Ascended tier, I just don’t want them to take it further.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’m indifferent. I’m peeved though because the same rare materials I need for my legendary are needed for this new equipment, plus with the banning of bots and the surplus of precursors hitting the market.

My legendary journey has become much more expensive, and it was already unrealistically high before.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

At the time of my vote, 60% is Ruins Game, which was also my vote.

Let’s see, how about we take the one thing (no vertical progression) in a game that separates it from other MMOs out there and get rid of it with the first content update. Yea, that sounds like a great idea.

Jerks.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

(edited by moirweyn.9872)

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

It’d definitely going to be skewed heavily because happy or neutral people are far, far less likely to be lurking on the forums and reading these threads.

There are at least as many unhappy as happy people who dont read the forums, like the 35 members of my guild that just quitted without leaving a single word here e.g..

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The problem with a poll initiated like this is that it will have no value in determining what people think about Ascended gear. Google terms like poll, polling, “sample size”, “random sample”, n=30, etc. There’s a wealth of information to demonstrate that there is no reason to initiate a poll that seeks to understand how players feel about a new gear tier and grind via a post on a forum.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

Is it going to be skewed? probably somewhat though maybe not as much as you think, since forums tend to over-represent hardcore gamers, and hardcore gamers are more likely to favor the gear treadmill.

Still, ~73% against (bottom two) vs ~16% in favor (top two) is pretty kitten it’s very hard to wave a gap like that away completely.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

SO basically what you they are saying is that, with every update where new armor or weapons are added, they will simply automatically upgrade the legendary items already in existence to match that new gear, correct?

Will they do the same with Rares or will a massive divide between Legendary gear everything just grow and grow until anything but legendary gear is useless in WvW?

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you want to be free from gear treadmil you have to invest in legendaries. At least until they decide that too many people have them, and it is time to introduce True legendaries, that will be better.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

Whatever the result, whoever thinks differently will say it’s just a vocal minority. It’s a nice argument, works anytime you don’t like what someone is saying.

Yes and we can already see that in this thread here from those QQ’ing before wanting to turn GW2 into another WoW. Saying there was nothing to do at end-game because the limit of their imagination is to grind instances/dungeons to get best gear as that is what they do in WoW. That’s what all MMO’s must be about and the only play-style that makes You elite and cool and should be best rewarded of course. When they QQ’ed before they of course said they represented the majority of players.

Now that many speaks up against this and don’t want GW2 to be turned into another generic WoW Wannabe MMO with top ingredients and top-gear to only be gotten through a few select play-styles like PvE Instances/Dungeons and possibly WvWvW but want it to be for all play-styles including Open World PvE and crafting without grinding Dungeons etc. Then of course those Forum Posters that claimed to say they represented the majority before when posting now claim Forum only represent a minority.

No matter if the ones now being unhappy seems to represent alot more people then they ever did.

Oh the irony. rolleyes

If anything this poll might not get all the ones that don’t want this whole ascended FotM Fractal Dungeon thing as many of those have already left when they heard about it, so probably many more would vote “It ruins the game” if they were still around to even know about this poll.

See what I did there ???

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

(edited by Lord Funk.1694)

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Orion Magus.5348

Orion Magus.5348

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items."

Now why the hell couldn’t you read and comprehend that? That’s why i said this poll is incorrect because the poll options are biased and incorrect. Hell this is on THE MAIN PAGE. It’s not like you even need to google this which proves my point i been saying in every drama queen post you guys make. You don’t know wtf your talking about. And just don’t plainly read everything. So your pissed off on something not even best in slot good job drama queens.

I believe it is you who needs some reading comprehension. Legendaries are being upgraded to stay on par with best in slot items. If a new tier of gear comes out after ascended gear legendaries will get upgraded again. Upgradeing legendaries to ascended gear is no guarantee a new gear tier and thus an ever expanding gear treadmill won’t be introduced into the game.

“The new additions in November are just the start of our item progression initiative. We’re going to add tons of new high-level content to Guild Wars 2 in the future. As we introduce the new high-level content, we’ll also roll out complimentary Ascended and Legendary items (to say nothing of the other rewards you can earn by playing the content).”

To keep new content “challenging” it will be tuned for those wearing full ascended gear (or as much as is out at the time of the new content release). Thus it becomes less optional the more pieces of ascended gear become available if a player wishes to do the newer content.

Just adding infusion slots to existing exotics via fractal tokens would have been a much better way of handling this since it would still allow for agony resist but would not give any stat increases. As agony doesn’t exist anywhere besides fotm it is only useful in that dungeon.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Now why the hell couldn’t you read and comprehend that? That’s why i said this poll is incorrect because the poll options are biased and incorrect. Hell this is on THE MAIN PAGE. It’s not like you even need to google this which proves my point i been saying in every drama queen post you guys make. You don’t know wtf your talking about. And just don’t plainly read everything. So your pissed off on something not even best in slot good job drama queens.

Legendaries used to be best in slot ALONG WITH EXOTICS before this patch. These “drama queens” seem to be far more knowledgable of the situation than you do.

Ascended items do not bridge any gap- there was no gap to bridge. They created a gap the same day they added the gap filler. THAT is the issue here. Ascended items are just the poster children for the problem- that new stats were added for no good reason and now people who had no intention of grinding out for their looks because they already had the best in slot (exotics) are now stuck in a choice of being left behind stat wise, or joining in the WoW style gear treadmill that Arenanet is trying to create.

So before raging, with tears in your eyes, about how no one here has done their homework, you would do well to research a little on your own.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: FadeXF.5460

FadeXF.5460

With no dungeon finder I will not be playing anyways…. so Ascended gear is a moot point for me personally. Am busy playing a different MMO right now that actually HAS a proper instance finder DONE THE RIGHT WAY… and no: it’s not WOW, however it did just recently release an xpac. ><

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Gotta love that power creep, he has brainwashed and hypnotized the masses.

PC waves his hand and chants " Umminahhhhh Ummminahhh HOOOOahhHHHHahahahahhahahhahahahhahhahahahhahah!"

The Hypnotized respond “Look, I got a new shiny.” "I’ll be able to do so much more damage now, I’m proggressing….YAY!!!!’

PC mumbles “What an idiot, I just increased the health on everything he aims to kill now, hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhah…progression, yeah right”

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

only people that got someproblems whit the game are on forrums u never gona see happy guys posting vs that gear and deal whit it stop crying that gear is here and its gona stay nothing u can do can change their mind and the gear is main for pve progres dosent chane ANYTHING IN pvp

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Legendaries used to be best in slot ALONG WITH EXOTICS before this patch. These “drama queens” seem to be far more knowledgable of the situation than you do.

Ascended items do not bridge any gap- there was no gap to bridge. They created a gap the same day they added the gap filler. THAT is the issue here. Ascended items are just the poster children for the problem- that new stats were added for no good reason and now people who had no intention of grinding out for their looks because they already had the best in slot (exotics) are now stuck in a choice of being left behind stat wise, or joining in the WoW style gear treadmill that Arenanet is trying to create.

So before raging, with tears in your eyes, about how no one here has done their homework, you would do well to research a little on your own.

There is no way to describe the issue clearer than this poster has.

I purchased this game because of the specific assurance that there would not be a gear grind, that the exotics were best in slot, and they would ALWAYS be best in slot. I purchased gems with irl $ to convert to gold under market value to get my exotic jewels because of this specific assurance. I elected to make my purchase with Arenanet because I wanted to support the company, rather than doing what so many others are doing: purchasing gold from gold sellers at a MUCH better value.

I won’t EVER make another gem purchase as a result, and I’m actively considering a new game.

I am not alone.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

You love gear grinds, we get it. He is correct, and the poll is completely valid. They haven’t given nearly enough information, and they already accidentally showed the legendary gear stats. sorry, but you are incorrect.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Ascended gear poll

MrSilver.5269

they already accidentally showed the legendary gear stats. sorry, but you are incorrect.

Where did you see this? Link?

Ascended gear poll

Columba.9730

they already accidentally showed the legendary gear stats. sorry, but you are incorrect.

Where did you see this? Link?

it was a bug last week. they quickly patched, but a few people saw the gear.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Ascended gear poll

MrSilver.5269

Thanks… And what does the stat jump look like? ~10%?

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

only people that got someproblems whit the game are on forrums u never gona see happy guys posting vs that gear and deal whit it stop crying that gear is here and its gona stay nothing u can do can change their mind and the gear is main for pve progres dosent chane ANYTHING IN pvp

ANYTHING huh, for now anyway…wvw isn’t affected. Problem is that this sets a terrible precident in the eyes of the many who joined this game and its community for the exact opposite of what they are trying to do.

I guess we’re lucky this game doesn’t have a sub. No way I can tell if it was a bad decision beyond my own dislike for it. If it had a sub you would instantly know when you made a bad decision by how many just blatantly unsubbed.

Ascended gear poll

Emapudapus.1307

Still, ~73% against (bottom two) vs ~16% in favor (top two) is pretty kitten it’s very hard to wave a gap like that away completely.

I would interpret it little differently (asuming this is very important change):
1., 2. and 3. groups are the ones that will most likely still play this game no mater the change (diference is only how much it will improve their experiance).
4th group is the one that will have to decide how bad is it/will be (and in the end will join either 1-3 group or 5).
5th group is the one that is very likely to stop playing or wont play so often.

And about minority/majority. We cannot know 100%, nor we have any proof if this active forum represents minority or majority of specific people. If we can get high number of voters i think it would be quite accurate.

The poll will be heavily biased in the “freaking out” group’s favor.

In my opinion this poll has nothing to do with “freaking out” groups. Since its more about philosophy of having and adding more and more tiers of gear that has higher stats than the one we have now or will have in future, rather than just apearance or stat mixing.
As i see “freaking out” group is more about grinding, imbalances between ppl/elitism, only one place to get it atm, redundand old content….

Thanks for participating in this tho. Would be very happy if would get at least 1000 voters.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

Ascended gear poll

Columba.9730

Thanks… And what does the stat jump look like? ~10%?

more. cannot recall but they were better than ascended.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: El Hefe.2814

El Hefe.2814

Hello ppl, i just created simple voting poll to see your opinion about this topic, just for fun ofc.

that poll is worthless seeing as you can vote an infinite amount of times.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

The forums in a place full of whiners

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

I’m not a fan of going through the process of gathering another three sets of ascended gear. Three Exotic Sets took enough time and money from me already. Also, there is no way to currently get this gear via WvW and you can bet when it is available it will cost a stupid amount of tokens (like crafters insane grind) while FotM runners get an RnG chance.

I bought this game because it was marketed as non-vertical gear progression and no Holy Trinity. What we got was bunker builds and a new content patch with vertical gear progression.

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

Ascended gear poll

Emapudapus.1307

It was designed to vote only one time, tho for me works just fine. If i want to vote again it says >We’re sorry, you’ve already voted in this poll!< and it doesnt ad any points.
Can you clarify why/how you come to that conclusion?

all is vain

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Sure, you can place your vote an infinite number of times, but it will only count once.

Sit down and think about it really hard- do you actually think a website based entirely around polls would survive if it allowed that? lol.

Go ahead, try voting 40-50 times. The total number of votes won’t move an inch

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Your vote is only counted once. The poll site has an edit that prevents you from voting multiple times.

I just tested it out (see below).

Taken from Pollcode results page:

Create your own free poll!

Poll Results

Want your own free poll? Type a question here.

We’re sorry, you’ve already voted in this poll!

What do you think about ascended gear/gear with higher stats?
Selection Votes
Very improves the game 7% 47
Improves the game, but have some downsides 9% 58
Cant decide, has half pros, half cons 7% 42
Its bad for this game but have some good sides 12% 80
Ruins game 60% 384
Dont know/dont care 5% 33

644 votes total
pollcode.com free polls

31 0 0

Polls and their results are subject to error for a variety of reasons, and are for entertainment only.

A free service from Boardhost.com, Inc. ©2012 All Rights Reserved.

Create a free poll! |
FAQ |
Terms of Service |
Privacy Policy

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

I’m glad I have friends and like-minded players.

You guys fight over your 5 stat point difference. I’ll be running dungeons naked. For fun.

As for the poll, Don’t Know/Don’t Care.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

This is painfully true. I see it in almost every single debate ever made on the internet.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

After a week without playing GW2 anymore. I just came back here a see this good idea !

voted ! and i hope more will vote too !

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Ascended gear poll

Columba.9730

Go voice your opinions on online shopping sites. Like Amazon. ANet will get the message.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Looking at the stat’s so far, 60% are freaked out/disliking the treadmilling/saying ANet got it very wrong. Choose your poison, but no other choice has even made 10% yet.

Take this with a grain of salt, or make of it what you will, it’s just another voice of people against ANet’s current trend of servicing elitists and hardcore’s before all else.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

False.

Ascended gear is a new tier of gear that is more powerful than Legendary gear is at this moment.

Because of that, they will buff the Legendary gear to be on par with Ascended gear.

There is no Legendary gear in the game at all as there are no Ascended weapons in the game. They are going to add in Legendary gear over time and it will be stronger then Ascended but most like not by much. What Ascended gear is doing is giving ppl who do not want to put in the time that you need for Legendary. That the funny thing and ppl do not see to see this i find it all a joke ppl are asking for things to be easier to get yet when they add in a set of gear that is easier to get then Legendary to work for they call it to hard.

Any way there still a lot of reaction to fractals more then the gear it self if it was easy to get i dough ppl would be voting the way they are. Having said that there only rings and back items out and it seems that they will be adding in many more ways to get this gear even if its not for these parts you would think that they would add in more parts of the gear set. Over all there just simply not enofe info out there and every one is still making judgements of random ppl are saying that have no bases in truth.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They are going to add in Legendary gear over time and it will be stronger then Ascended but most like not by much. What Ascended gear is doing is giving ppl who do not want to put in the time that you need for Legendary. That the funny thing and ppl do not see to see this i find it all a joke ppl are asking for things to be easier to get yet when they add in a set of gear that is easier to get then Legendary to work for they call it to hard.

Why almost any player in favor of ascended gear has to spread misinformations?

Its something that really bugs me….if they don t use personal attacks they just tells things hugely distorted.

11% (condition damage) to 28% at least for critical build cannot be translated by “not much stronger”

They makes a huge difference….

Yet i suggest people to notice how this behavior is becoming quite common….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Be nice to see how people feel after the AMA.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

Mike O’Brian came out and said: “Presumably players aren’t shocked that GW2 rewards through progression, since it has a level 80 cap.”

What more is there to say… They have grown older, fatter and very very willing to please… everyone.

I will flat out not play any game that tries to dangle a carrot in my face. They have refused to say they will never add new tiers, just that they will not add them “for the foreseeable future”.
All I needed to know.

Ascended gear poll

Posted by: Ravenear.8659

Ravenear.8659

Ascended gear ruined my game experience.
I have not loged since 18 November.
For me GW2 is waste of money and time – i was GW1 big fan.
Im thinking to sold if anyone will be so stuipd to buy.

(edited by Ravenear.8659)