Ascended items and build change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

As I have started saving for ascended items some weeks ago, it suddenly dawned on me that I am pretty stuffed if I decide to change things later on. What if Arenanet nerf some particular skill(s) that my build is built on? What if I get bored of playing a particular roll or method of playing and decide I must change my build? I am always looking to make myself better (on multiple professions), so this is really a spanner in the works. I am sure there are a number of “what ifs”, that all lead to a possible change in armour and current ascended items.

Now, I have to spend another few weeks/months kitting out my ascended items again. Is this practical? Is there not another way to make ascended items more practical to get hold of?

(edited by Enola B Twenty Nine.2631)

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

This is a common complaint with ascended gear. You get locked into a particular build / play style.

But I don’t think you should worry about nerfs, I think that even if a particular build gets nerfed that a set will still be viable, if not optimal.

For example, look at the Glamour Mesmer nerf. For a while it looked like the rabid accessories people had would be totally worthless. Since then there have been at least three new builds that take advantage of the set. They aren’t as good as the glamour was, but they are viable.

Edit: Quick question: which builds are you considering? Ascended gear has the best crit damage / trait point, so if you are on the fence, zerker / cavalier is the way to go.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Posted by: Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Well, at least 5 of my level 80 characters have existing builds, though the point is at least two which I currently use a lot, have zerker builds, and also have something that is tougher. Anyway, if others have complained about it, then either Anet will work on it one day (or are), or they won’t listen. So at least I know it has been brought up.

(edited by Enola B Twenty Nine.2631)