Ascended items is Anti-Alts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

When you have 6 lv80’s, that means to get optimal gear on each, which involves an amulet that I can only get by laurels, it means it will take me 6 months to put an ascended amulet on each toon. It will take an extra month per amulet to buy the utility infusion for extra gold earned or MF. A third of a month for the karma one.

They said this game would not punish you for having alts, but it kittening does. My mesmer is lv27 fractal. If I get bored of doing fractals on my mesmer because, oh I have already completed 467 of them in order to get rings to drop and then infused rings (not everyone was like my guildie and got 5 rings in a week), I can’t freshen things up by using another class. I am stuck with that mesmer because I want to get to lv30 for a better chance at fractal weapons and rings. So, if I want to play on my guardian, I have to start from scratch with no weapon skins or ascended ring rewards for a while. If I want to play my ranger, the same. Engineer, same grind. My ele needs to climb from level 23 to 30, which isn’t fun with PuG’s. You see the trend. I’m kittening stuck on one class if I want the rewards I seek.

And that’s one month for ONE possible spec. Because if somehow on Feb or March they actually make mesmer scepter/staff confusion-condi build actually good in PvE or a support utility build useful, I need ANOTHER month to afford a pendant to support that. Now spread that in case condition builds become more viable in PvE for other classes, or you want a tanky set for wvw but a dps one for PvE dungeons, that’s a truckload of months just for an amulet and an infusion.

I kittening hate ascended gear because it creates a gate of entry. And the whole daily/monthly achievement is contrary to their old statement about people being able to not play and come back and pick up easily. Now you actually have to catch up, and that’s what turned me off WoW. Catching up on gear that was arbitrarily delayed by a dailies system to keep players tied to the game for stat sticks.

P.S. Just put in the kitten different stat amulets as explorable/fractal pristine token rewards. 1800 tokens for an amulet from a dungeon token vendor, so it’s effectively 10 days of full runs of an explorable. Place the popular stats on less popular dungeons to make them more attractive options, such as berserker amulets and pow/vit on Arah and Sorrow’s Embrace,, and Cleric gear in CoE. Make the amulet drop from lv26-30 daily on chance, and cost 15 pristine fractal relics. Then, introduce the costs for WvW badges. Just don’t kittening get in the way of me getting my own kitten items at a reasonable pace instead of being a dick and stretching out a process to half a year.

Another alternative could be to make ascended gear like the karka shell accessory — account bound and transferable across characters so you only have to grind for them once. Account bound but not soulbound on use.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Many things in this game is anti-alts, for example, Ascended gear, soul bound items, DR on dungeon runs (seriously who has time to wait two hours between runs).

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

You choose to play the one part of the game that asks you to commit to a character, then get mad that you can’t just bring in alts?

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you don’t like doing Fractals why do you want Ascended gear at all, let alone on every single character?

The additional stats are not enough to make a real difference in anything else so the only real benefit is the Agony resistance. And if you don’t like Fractals you’re not likely to be doing it enough to need Agony resistance.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You do know that you can acquire an ascended amulet by using gold alone? Triforge Amulet upgrade? It’s another option.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Orion.7264

Orion.7264

Many things in this game is anti-alts, for example, Ascended gear, soul bound items, DR on dungeon runs (seriously who has time to wait two hours between runs).

DR on Dungeon runs is character-bound. You can get full rewards on all three paths on one character, jump immediately to another, and get full rewards again.

Arenanet lies.

Orion.7264

If you don’t like doing Fractals why do you want Ascended gear at all, let alone on every single character?

The additional stats are not enough to make a real difference in anything else so the only real benefit is the Agony resistance. And if you don’t like Fractals you’re not likely to be doing it enough to need Agony resistance.

The additional stats are a huge increase, between 12-15% per ring and 15-18% per amulet.

Arenanet lies.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yes, the system is limited in terms on how we can get these items. Though as it stands, you only have to get a character to level 10 max in order to start farming the Daily Chests. I’m pretty sure that they’re just like Dungeon end chests in that you can do them on multiple characters without much issue. Getting them to level 10 is going to be hard, but if you got a character to level 24, then it shouldn’t be that hard to get two characters to level 10 (with one getting there at level 4) in the same amount of time.
Amulets themselves are the bigger issue in that they can take about 20 days to acquire. Yes it’s daunting, and yes it’ll be frustrating if you decide to change builds after getting the trinket. Still, Exotic level accessories are still just as viable as they’ve always been. I mean, it’s not like it’s imperative that we get these items in less than a week.
Ascended items, as ArenaNet seems to have them set up, are a long term goal. Whether they intended it to be that way or not (seeing as their the step between Exotic weapons and Legendary weapons), it’s how it is.

Just as an FYI, I have two characters wearing rings that I’ve wanted them to wear, and I’m working on a set for a third (on and off though).

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Orion.7264

Daily chests are account-bound, not character-bound. One daily per account no matter how many characters you have.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Fractal daily chests are character-bound as dungeon exp chests. Time to go level some more characters through Fractals…

Arenanet lies.

(edited by Orion.7264)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So are you mad that you need 30×6 laurels for amulets or that they can’t be shared? If a ring drops, you can give it to your alts. Most fractal stuff is account bound. And if everyone could get the items in 1month, won’t you be complaining that your bored with nothing to do?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Daily chests are account-bound, not character-bound. One daily per account no matter how many characters you have.

That’s a shame. I mean, it’s not like that with other dungeons at all (if I run CoF path 1 on my guardian and warrior, they’ll both get 60 tokens). Not to mention that with the randomness that’s getting the ring you want (and that’s if you even get a ring), it’s not like it would be that big of an issue. It does seem like a bit of punishment for the player that wanted to get multiple characters past level 10, or even 1 for that matter… :/

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Orion.7264

That’s a shame. I mean, it’s not like that with other dungeons at all (if I run CoF path 1 on my guardian and warrior, they’ll both get 60 tokens). Not to mention that with the randomness that’s getting the ring you want (and that’s if you even get a ring), it’s not like it would be that big of an issue. It does seem like a bit of punishment for the player that wanted to get multiple characters past level 10, or even 1 for that matter… :/

Yeah, I was incorrect. Statement has been edited.

Arenanet lies.

Zenith.7301

So are you mad that you need 30×6 laurels for amulets or that they can’t be shared? If a ring drops, you can give it to your alts. Most fractal stuff is account bound. And if everyone could get the items in 1month, won’t you be complaining that your bored with nothing to do?

I am mad about the laurels. I am mad at the amount of fractal dailies you need to do to gear up multiple characters in multiple specs because, while they are account bound, said items are also soulbound on use — unlike the karka items (which are perfect design).

And excuse me for not considering the gear grind/gearing up characters “content” to complain about. It’s not content — it’s busy work giving you the illusion of content. I have 6 classes to play on, with multiple specs to test and multiple game formats to participate in. Removing the gear grind won’t remove what I can do in the game — it will just not punish me for not committing to a single character with lesser stats.

And when you consider a kitten pendant will give you 20% more gold drops or 15% more karma or 20% more magic find, then that is one hell of a kick to the teeth if you choose to use another character besides the one that has that pendant.

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Yes, there are some aspects about this game that made me really wonder whether they just kicked out anybody who actually worked on gw1…

Ascended gear is a good example, so are the inability to quickly change and/or save builds and gear, near-absence of build variety and skill-to-weapon locking. It has been said before and will probably get moderated again, but gw2 really took all you loved about gw1 and threw it out the window.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Because in WvW it makes a huge difference and you cant get that anywhere but that dungeon or grinding monthlies to get the amulet fast.

There isnt much of a difference between blue and orange gear so why do you wear exotic? or any armour for that matter you dont need it.

Killing creative builds and ability to obtain bis gear for different builds and situations doesnt lead to stagnation.
1 char and 1 build all the time is stagnation. That is a hint for Mike O

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I think ANet should recognize WvW as a PvP area and implement the sPvP gearing/skill system with free food, transmutes, runes and sigils for everyone. Have build variety and alt-friendliness where it counts. If ANet is determined to revert to the traditional MMO system where most casual players only have one “main”, they should keep it in PvE.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i definitely agree.
ascended gear is bad… very bad.

even the dailies feel like a “job” now.. “oh kitten.. i have to go raise some people somewhere…”

i say; give the dailies once a player reach a certain amount of xp gain per day.
laurels are fine, buying blueprints or tonic.

i say; ascended shouldnt exist. “agony resist” is ok for fractal.

im afraid to make an alt and have fun again just because i dont play the crazy amount of time required to get my ascended stuff..

Posted by: Abbehemoth.2471

Abbehemoth.2471

The additional stats are a huge increase, between 12-15% per ring and 15-18% per amulet.

Which is to say not even noticable, yes? You will notice the missing AR but not in anyway will the rest of those stats make a noticeable difference.

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

TL;DR I’m not sure what you are saying…

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

If you want to run a bunch of alts (I do), then don’t expect to be able to gear them ALL up at the same rate that a player who dedicates themselves to a single character, can. If you have six characters, it should take you roughly six times as long to completely gear them all up.

That used to be acceptable to altaholics. That used to go with the territory. I see no reason that needs to change now.

Orion.7264

Which is to say not even noticable, yes? You will notice the missing AR but not in anyway will the rest of those stats make a noticeable difference.

Are you out of your mind? A statistical increase of 12-15% more effective ALONE is a massive jump. This isn’t the difference between exotic and rare, this is closer to the difference between exotic and masterwork. Gear yourself out in full greens and tell me you don’t see a difference.

Arenanet lies.

Abbehemoth.2471

Are you out of your mind? A statistical increase of 12-15% more effective ALONE is a massive jump. This isn’t the difference between exotic and rare, this is closer to the difference between exotic and masterwork. Gear yourself out in full greens and tell me you don’t see a difference.

Now prove to me ingame that you do better then a person without them. Make it obvious to everybody that you are now a superior being due to having a 12-15% increase in stats on those slots.

My point is that you do not NEED ascended gear. People who generally do not play fractals and certainly not high level ones now claim that they now NEED this gear “omg 20% glod drop increase!” and that this has turned the game (dailies) into a chore that they now must comeplete to stay “competative” in regular PvE and WvWvW.

Czar Peter.7961

Now prove to me ingame that you do better then a person without them. Make it obvious to everybody that you are now a superior being due to having a 12-15% increase in stats on those slots.

My point is that you do not NEED ascended gear. People who generally do not play fractals and certainly not high level ones now claim that they now NEED this gear “omg 20% glod drop increase!” and that this has turned the game (dailies) into a chore that they now must comeplete to stay “competative” in regular PvE and WvWvW.

If ascended items are so inconsequential as you say, why have them in the first place? Are there people out there who were about to quit but are now actively playing so they can have nominally higher stats with no gameplay difference? If so, why do these people deserve to be catered to?

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

So are you mad that you need 30×6 laurels for amulets or that they can’t be shared? If a ring drops, you can give it to your alts.

Dude did you even read the original post? The mods should delete your post that doesn’t contribute a thing to the conversation. He is upset that it will take him over half a year to equip the characters he plays in the new gear they just released. And is asking for a more reasonable time frame to acquire the new gear. Just because it’s an “ALT” doesn’t mean you don’t play that character. You do have a best friend don’t you, and you have other friends who you like to hang out with right? It’s the same thing, we have a favorite character we play the most but also other characters we play often as well.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

thats what happen when you go into “endgame”.

time stops to an halt.

you become a hamster, on a treadmill!

i enjoy it.
but the machine needs to be well oiled.
as it is now, i feel like “rushing” the dailes and because of that, i dont stop to smell the roses and i feel gw2 magic starting to fade away.

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I can’t understand how anyone could go out into w3 and not notice a difference in the tiers of gear. Even from rare to exotic you’ll notice the difference once you’ve graduated from knocking on Stonemists door. You’ll even end up buying exotic underwater weapons eventually because of the difference. There’s no way I’m even touching my ranger, which is my only alt again at this point, it would be a total waste of time.

Kash
NSP

Abbehemoth.2471

If ascended items are so inconsequential as you say, why have them in the first place? Are there people out there who were about to quit but are now actively playing so they can have nominally higher stats with no gameplay difference? If so, why do these people deserve to be catered to?

Because most playesr of GW2 never played GW1 and could not handle that system of “Hey, you are done with the gear grind!”. They feel like they need the obvious treadmill to progress. The creator of this thread is an excellent example of this, wouldn’t you agree?
I am not a supporter of Ascended equipment, which should be obvious.
I DO understand that you want to have the best stats possible, which is why the Ascended stuff is a travesty since it starts to create a gap but they are not mandatory or needed since there is noway to show ingame how a person preformed.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

If you want to run a bunch of alts (I do), then don’t expect to be able to gear them ALL up at the same rate that a player who dedicates themselves to a single character, can. If you have six characters, it should take you roughly six times as long to completely gear them all up.

That used to be acceptable to altaholics. That used to go with the territory. I see no reason that needs to change now.

You obviously didn’t play GW1…*sigh*…good old times…
And yes, the whole deal with Ascended gear (especially once they roll out full Ascended gear) is anti-alts. At the moment, I am still ignoring Ascended because I just don’t want to jump onto that treadmill…but when we get nice looking Ascended armor? Man will I be frustrated >_>

Polka will never die

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Ascended gear is anti alt? Good thing you have a choice to not grind for BiS gear on every character. I could understand if you have the desire to do high level fotm with all 8 professions, but somehow I think you don’t have that goal.

The desire to wear best in slot gear is entirely generated by the player’s psyche, because exotics are perfectly able to get you through everything except lvl15-20+ fotm. You think you need to be geared up in prestige gear and have 15% more gold find on all characters? I’m afraid you’ll have to put some work into it. Unlike GW1, in GW2 max stat gear in PvE is a privilege, not a right. Okay, that analogy was kinda bad, but the bottom line is its not essential to deck out your characters in ascended until you are a dedicated fotm runner.

Czar Peter.7961

Ascended gear is anti alt? Good thing you have a choice to not grind for BiS gear on every character. I could understand if you have the desire to do high level fotm with all 8 professions, but somehow I think you don’t have that goal.

The desire to wear best in slot gear is entirely generated by the player’s psyche, because exotics are perfectly able to get you through everything except lvl15-20+ fotm. You think you need to be geared up in prestige gear and have 15% more gold find on all characters? I’m afraid you’ll have to put some work into it. Unlike GW1, in GW2 max stat gear in PvE is a privilege, not a right. Okay, that analogy was kinda bad, but the bottom line is its not essential to deck out your characters in ascended until you are a dedicated fotm runner.

Keep your max stat privilege out of WvW and I’d have no problem with it.

TooBz.3065

DR on Dungeon runs is character-bound. You can get full rewards on all three paths on one character, jump immediately to another, and get full rewards again.

I thought you had to wait two – three hours. Thanks for the info.

TooBz.3065

True, but it is also true that you can generally gear up while you level the alt. For example, I can earn sufficient Karma on an alt that by 80 I can buy PVT gear if I want.

The particularly annoying problem here is the introduction of a new items after we’ve already leveled the alts combined with a time gating mechanic.

Personally, I only care about one set of ascended gear because I only WvW with one character; but I can sympathize with the OP.

ASB.4295

Keep your max stat privilege out of WvW and I’d have no problem with it.

If you think WvW should be perfectly balanced because it features PvP, you’d have to take that to ANet. They are currently not of the opinion that WvW is in need to be balanced around differences in either gear or player numbers, so yeah. I can see where you are coming from, though.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

When you have 6 lv80’s, that means to get optimal gear on each, which involves an amulet that I can only get by laurels, it means it will take me 6 months to put an ascended amulet on each toon. It will take an extra month per amulet to buy the utility infusion for extra gold earned or MF. A third of a month for the karma one.

Holy entitlement Batman. Why in the hell should you be able to gear out 6 characters in any less time than it takes to gear out 1 character 6 times?

If it were “anti-alt” it would take you 7+ times as long to gear out 6 characters. but it doesn’t.

I swear.. people are complaining about the mathematical properties of reality now… 1 × 6 = 6. Are we gonna start complaining that gravity is unfair because we want to fly like birds?

Zenith.7301

The reason I stopped running fractals beyond 400 completed was specifically because of class fatigue. I got tired of playing a shatter mesmer. So, don’t presume I don’t want to run fractals; I just want to be able to run it on whichever of my alts I’m feeling like running. God forbid I were allowed to choose how to play the kitten game.

More importantly, stop telling me what I need or do not need, or what I deserve or do not deserve. That’s for me to determine. I paid for my copy of the game, and I’m entitled to my expectations of what makes a fun, non-traditional MMO game. When you pay for my copy and have done the grind for my legendary (which I got) and put all these hours in the game for me, THEN you can tell me what to expect from this game.

You don’t get to define what is acceptable for me.

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

You obviously didn’t play GW1…*sigh*…good old times…
And yes, the whole deal with Ascended gear (especially once they roll out full Ascended gear) is anti-alts. At the moment, I am still ignoring Ascended because I just don’t want to jump onto that treadmill…but when we get nice looking Ascended armor? Man will I be frustrated >_>

Well seeing as this isn’t GW1, that not really a valid statement.

I don’t know about you but i had 15 characters in GW1, one of each profession, one extra assassin(favorite class), 3 pvp characters and a mule.
One fully kitted-out toon and the other toons had varying amount of “gear” (armour and weapon mods), never had more than 5-15 platinum in the bank, and never farm high-end areas.
It took me 4 years and was between causal and hardcore with it, did dungeons/missions/general exploring and causal pvp.
One of the differences between gw 1 and 2 is lvl cap and the way gear works, sure you can get max gear pretty quickly in gw1, but the gear mods took forever to get. With the lack of auction system, you were relying on drops, trading from player to player or farming up the cash to by them from vendors (cost depended on supply and demand).
You were never really maxed as a causal with all your alts, and had to deal using that gear in pvp vs the more hardcore crowd with actually maxed gear, unless your character was pure pvp which had it’s own progression system for gear and skills in pvp (unless you bought the pvp pack).
So I got to say GW 1 was not as easy for alts as some might think.

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

ASB.4295

Mirror Mirror. You don’t get to decide what is acceptable for the majority of players or the kind of players ANet wants to satisfy with their endgame.

I guess you didn’t have a problem with the amount of work you put into a legendary, and would never feel the need to complain about not being able to use your legendary on alts, like you could with any uncustomized GW weapon. Ascended gear isn’t needed in low level fractals and naturally acquired through the progression of it. Yes, currently you have to work a month for one piece of ascended gear you can’t get any other way, but that will change. Instead of condemning ascended gear and gear progression, what needs to happen is the addition of more gear, more ways to get the gear and less restriction on how fast you can get the gear.

I get that they want to extend the life time of the gear progression as long as possible now that the horizontal purists forced them to state that they wouldn’t release any more gear this year, but if they artificially slow down the progress too much, then things situations like yours can occur, where a player wants to work hard on end game gear for an alt and has to basically wait out the daily reset times until he can start where he left off with his main.

This is being worked on, so hold your horses. The wisest thing you can do is not to protest the release of more gear any more, although I doubt ANet would listen this time.

The game has rules, limitations and a range of freedoms. If you feel like you deserve easy to acquire max stat gear but the game doesn’t give it to you, all I can say is tough luck. If someone in GW1 told me he deserved 8 sets of easy to acquire 75k armor equipped with Sup Vigs, I’d slap them up one side of the UW and down the other.

TooBz.3065

Holy entitlement Batman. Why in the hell should you be able to gear out 6 characters in any less time than it takes to gear out 1 character 6 times?

If it were “anti-alt” it would take you 7+ times as long to gear out 6 characters. but it doesn’t.

I swear.. people are complaining about the mathematical properties of reality now… 1 × 6 = 6. Are we gonna start complaining that gravity is unfair because we want to fly like birds?

(sigh). Why does everyone run to “entitlement” rather than trying to understand the point? It has nothing to do with entitlement. I’ll go slow…

The issue is that the mechanism for obtaining laurels is anti-alt (1 laurel a day + 10 / month). Not that alt’s should be geared up any faster than a main.

For example, suppose I had 5 children and you have 1. No one is suggesting that I should be able to feed my 5 for the same amount that you spend to feed 1. What is being said is that limiting us to 1 meal a day makes it kittening difficult to have more children.

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

- Ruby Orichalcum Amulet of the Berserker with Exquisite Ruby Jewel gives
90 + 25 = 115 Power
64 + 15 = 79 Precision
5%+3% = 8% Critical damage

Mark of Tethyos Houses gives
94 + 32 = 126 Power (9.6% more)
67 + 18 = 85 Precision (7.6% more)
5%+4% = 9% Critical Damage (13% more)
Also has infusion slot which gives +5 stat of choice

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ruby_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Berserker
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mark_of_the_Tethyos_Houses

You’re exaggerating.

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I think to fix the issue dailies/monthlies and their rewards could be soulbound. If you want your Warrior decked out with ascended gear then it is the Warrior that does the daily. Then on the same day if your Ranger wants ascended gear this toon can do the daily and get their own reward and so on.

This is still taking the same time to get ascended gear for 1 toon and still takes 6 time the work to get said gear, however, you can get the gear for all toons in 1 month instead of 6.

Would this work?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

why don’t they just let us buy ascended stuff off of TP? You know its just an item… items are sold on TP. Their laurel/relics and tokens in general mechanic suck in my opinion.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Mirror Mirror. You don’t get to decide what is acceptable for the majority of players or the kind of players ANet wants to satisfy with their endgame.

I guess you didn’t have a problem with the amount of work you put into a legendary, and would never feel the need to complain about not being able to use your legendary on alts, like you could with any uncustomized GW weapon. Ascended gear isn’t needed in low level fractals and naturally acquired through the progression of it. Yes, currently you have to work a month for one piece of ascended gear you can’t get any other way, but that will change. Instead of condemning ascended gear and gear progression, what needs to happen is the addition of more gear, more ways to get the gear and less restriction on how fast you can get the gear.

I get that they want to extend the life time of the gear progression as long as possible now that the horizontal purists forced them to state that they wouldn’t release any more gear this year, but if they artificially slow down the progress too much, then things situations like yours can occur, where a player wants to work hard on end game gear for an alt and has to basically wait out the daily reset times until he can start where he left off with his main.

This is being worked on, so hold your horses. The wisest thing you can do is not to protest the release of more gear any more, although I doubt ANet would listen this time.

The game has rules, limitations and a range of freedoms. If you feel like you deserve easy to acquire max stat gear but the game doesn’t give it to you, all I can say is tough luck. If someone in GW1 told me he deserved 8 sets of easy to acquire 75k armor equipped with Sup Vigs, I’d slap them up one side of the UW and down the other.

Legendaries should take a long time to get and a lot of work, best in slot gear on the plateau they sold us all on should only take as much time and effort to introduce us to whatever mechanic we’re going to use it in, not to become work which will consume our play time we’d like to use for what is actually fun, again going back to what we were sold on.

Gear grinds are not supposed to be the game, we’re supposed to obtain the gear by learning how we’ll use that gear, then we progress our skill through builds and play. If the original intended design of the game still applies, then we need to get rid of this funneled system. If we’re shifting towards the standard mmo design, then they can let us know so many of us can start making new plans.

Kash
NSP

Nuka Cola.8520

why don’t they just let us buy ascended stuff off of TP? You know its just an item… items are sold on TP. Their laurel/relics and tokens in general mechanic suck in my opinion.

Then you get people complaining about GW2 being P2W.

You play the game, earn money like in every rpg, you spend money to buy gear/items YOU want, you sell gear you got and don’t like/need. What’s the problem? I could sell everything in gw1’s spamadan… TP has a ******** tax and tones of stuff aren’t even sellable, wtf if u ask me.

Nuka Cola.8520

You play the game, earn money like in rpg, you spend money to buy gear, you sell gear you got and don’t like/need. What’s the problem? I could sell everything in gw1’s spamadan… TP has a ******** tax and tones of stuff aren’t even sellable, wtf if u ask me.

First, we can probably expect each piece of ascended to be ~5-10x the price of an exotic. Casuals will have difficulty attaining that. With people already complaining about vertical progression, it’s only natural that the same people would complain about P2W.

Well, if you’re a casual then go play in masterwork gear lol not anyones fault you’re casual. Exotic accessories cost a lot because they require ectos/ori. Ascended doesn’t require anything but spam fotm dailies. I mean you can buy a freaking legendary off TP but not a ring hahaha what a joke.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

90 + 25 = 115 Power
64 + 15 = 79 Precision

You’re exaggerating.

Exaggeration or not that is still make or break in wvw..and that is just one, you can have 5 Ascended..

These things were a poor idea, just look at the damage they wrought to the games community since they were added…

Divided the Community and its still going strong..

You play the game, earn money like in rpg, you spend money to buy gear, you sell gear you got and don’t like/need. What’s the problem? I could sell everything in gw1’s spamadan… TP has a ******** tax and tones of stuff aren’t even sellable, wtf if u ask me.

First, we can probably expect each piece of ascended to be ~5-10x the price of an exotic. Casuals will have difficulty attaining that. With people already complaining about vertical progression, it’s only natural that the same people would complain about P2W.

Well, if you’re a casual then go play in masterwork gear lol not anyones fault you’re casual. Exotic accessories cost a lot because they require ectos/ori. Ascended doesn’t require anything but spam fotm dailies. I mean you can buy a freaking legendary off TP but not a ring hahaha what a joke.

He has a point…
Why can we buy legendaries and Ascended are Bound, that makes zero sense, why cant we craft them or have them drop in wvw or Champions and Vets, why don’t they come from Jump puzzle chests or dragon chests as the game was designed to played like…

(edited by Dante.1508)

Zenith.7301

Don’t be thick-headed. I’m not telling you what you need. The post was merely an opinion of what the impact is on ME.

I’m done with posters who insist on making this all about “you lazy, entitled brat”. You don’t know me.

Yeah, they may introduce more ways to acquire items in the future. In case you didn’t notice, they released fractals on 2012 and we finally got rings from30 laurels, months later. Rings which are much more time consuming to get with the laurel system than pristine fractal relics. So, it didn’t change anything.

And I’m not going to sit here and wait 4 months before enough people complain that the grind is unenjoyable to them before they do something about it. Because it should not have existed in the first place. Gear progression beyond exotics was not necessary for the health of the game.

A simple change of making ascended items account bound like the karka accessory would fix everything, because you could trade it among toons as it’s not soulbound on use, and getting more would not be redundant because it would reduce the inconvenience of trading items between characters.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I still think the easiest way to solve this issue would be to introduce ways to upgrade Exotic items to Ascended tier. Here’s how I think it should work:

1. Get an Exotic item with the proper upgrade you want slotted in it.
2. Put the Exotic item into the MF along with Mist Essences/Fractal Relics, Philosopher’s Stones/Crystals and Elonian Wine/Mystic Binding Agents.
3. The MF spits out an Ascended version of the same Exotic item you put in, with a blank infusion slot. The upgrade’s stats are now merged into the item and can’t be changed further, so you need to be certain that the Exotic item’s stats are the one you want to keep.

Now just add Mist Essences and Fractal Relics to Laurel Vendors, and I think you’d have a solution that would please the majority of players.

Nuka Cola.8520

90 + 25 = 115 Power
64 + 15 = 79 Precision

You’re exaggerating.

Exaggeration or not that is still make or break in wvw..and that is just one, you can have 5 Ascended..

These things were a poor idea, just look at the damage they wrought to the games community since they were added…

He has a point…
Why can we buy legendaries and Ascended are Bound, that makes zero sense, why cant we craft them or have them drop in wvw or Champions and Vets, why don’t they come from Jump puzzle chests or dragon chests as the game was designed to played like…

Actually my point was that people would start complaining about P2W.

But to address what you said, if ascended was a drop, they’d be rarer than exotics (which are rare enough as drops already). In the same sense, why shouldn’t legendaries be drops and rewards from JP as well? Just with, much, much higher rarity.

As far as buying ascended from the TP, I’m not against it. The problem is that the ascended on TP would (or should) be much more expensive than their exotic counterparts, and with that you’d have to pay a somewhat high sum of money to get BiS gear and would lead to QQ about P2W.

Edit: I should also mention that legendaries have the same stats as exotics. It’s kind of redundant to use that as an example to contrast with ascended stuff.

Their stats will change as soon as ascended weps are out. Wvw players would gladly buy ascended rings for 25-40g/each instead of waiting months before getting their two rings and an amulet. by the time they get these three the other ascended will be released and they’ll be waiting more months… Waiting a day or maybe a week is okay but month(s) is inacceptable. This is not legendaries we’re talking about but just ascended that could be gotten in a day (lev10 daily fotm). Instead, they make us wait a month for amulets and if we need more (i need at least three just for one character) we must wait more months lol am i here to wait half a year or something…

Zenith.7301

90 + 25 = 115 Power
64 + 15 = 79 Precision

You’re exaggerating.

He has a point…

Actually my point was that people would start complaining about P2W.

But to address what you said, if ascended was a drop, they’d be rarer than exotics (which are rare enough as drops already). In the same sense, why shouldn’t legendaries be drops and rewards from JP as well? Just with, much, much higher rarity.

As far as buying ascended from the TP, I’m not against it. The problem is that the ascended on TP would (or should) be much more expensive than their exotic counterparts, and with that you’d have to pay a somewhat high sum of money to get BiS gear and would lead to QQ about P2W.

Edit: I should also mention that legendaries have the same stats as exotics. It’s kind of redundant to use that as an example to contrast with ascended stuff.

You can buy legendaries from the TP already and they are confirmed to upgrade to ascended at some point, so this P2W claim is irrelevant. Ascended gear is already for sale.

Zenith.7301

The triforge pendant can be made ascended. Ascended backpacks can be made via TP mats.

P2W arguments don’t make any sense when higher quality items already exist, or was the fact that exotics being on the TP when rares were the affordable norm some other form of P2W someone forgot? What about the fresh new 80 guy in the game who won’t have the 30+ gold to kit his toon in lv80 exotics and runes and sigils? Will he claim that it’s a P2W model? After all, newer players can convert gems to gold to get their gear faster.

Stop this P2W nonsense.