Ascended theory

Ascended theory

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Penence.1546

Penence.1546

Just wondering but it kinda seems like im the only one who saw them mention several times that ascended was for the dungeon progression. Also that the infusion slots were for helping counter agony in the dungeon, Whether itll be op outside of the dungeon we dont know, or if it will even be useable outside of it (im leaning towards yes since they said wvw will get it too), but then again maybe it was meant to be the Legendary armor and accessories and stuff since theyre not in yet. in which case youll be doing the exact same thing youve been doing for your legendary weapons except running a dungeon for it. All in all whether your farming 250 lodestones and 500k karma or running a dungeon its the same grind so i dont see why people are crying so much about it. Do i want to see an endless gear treadmill no. But did anyone honestly think the game would last for years and not months with all the same items from day 1 to day 4000 except for the intro of holiday skins? I mean noone i know likes grinding a dungeon for weeks and not getting the item you want but how is that different then the current legendary predicament. Just my Two Cents.

For the record ,before the flaming begins, i didnt play wow i did play conquer online and helbreath usa and international so all of you crying about grinds and such really have no clue.

Ascended theory

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Penence, did you play Guild Wars?

The game lasted for 7.5 (and still counting) years, and you were finished with maximum armor at a little over 80% of the storyline of the first game. Three games and two expansions later, it hasn’t changed.

Maybe you didn’t know that A-net is capable of doing better.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Ascended theory

Penence.1546

i did play guild wars and i maxxed got the armor and such sure, but they also had rare skills u had to farm and such that made you op so how is that different from rarer armor?

Ascended theory

You never had to farm a rare skill. There were elites, that you could buy, or capture, and standards, that you could buy, or capture, or you could use a tome for either.

You either didn’t play the game, or have absolutely no idea of what you’re trying to say.

- William Shakespear

Ascended theory

Penence.1546

i did albeit not for very long as i picked up ddo (mistake) and quit the mmo scene for few years but in the end u farmed the cash for the skills and if you couldnt afford it or didnt want to farm you didnt get it so your at a disadvantage, its the same thing just dressed different is it not?

Ascended theory

It’s not the same thing at all...
You got completely optional elite skills that did not make you any more powerful than really anything. At no point were you required to have one to enter any content on the game, and quite literally, you could go through the entire game without any skills at all.

This is a hard gate. You are required to have Ascended gear to play in the Fractals dungeon at some point, because the Agony condition will simply deal more damage than you can possibly handle without it.

GW1 had skills that were optional, and you got things if you wanted them, just to look cool or play different.
WoW has gearscore, which requires a specific level of items before you can possibly survive in dungeons.
GW2 is getting what WoW has, and it’s just plain bad.

- William Shakespear