Ascended trinkets and missing stat combos

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gutbuster.8745

Gutbuster.8745

So first of I did try to search for a similar thread but the forum search function is garbage. If there is one with more info please do point me in that direction.

I just went to buy me a Valkyrie ascended ring but to my surprise that particular stat combo doesn’t exist.

Search around the internets I found this thread

Where Lyndsey Murdock posted “I’ll be sure to get Valkyrie and Carrion into the next batch.”. That was at the end of February, shockingly almost 8 months later nothing seems to have happened.

Has anything else been posted since or what gives?

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

They will be released in late 2014, along with all the other combos of their next/new gear level of Divine Ascended gear. It’s well worth the wait really, because if they added it now you would miss out on the even higher stat version of Valkyrie or Carrion that will come with the new “Divine” gear.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Divine*

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Is Ision joking? All I know is that crafting will be extended to 500 for all crafts and precursors legendaries and Ascended gear will be much easier to get in 2014.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The only thing I can think of is that they are developing a way to make it possible to switch stats on Ascended gear. If they did this, it would prevent Ascended gear meta-lock in (where you are limited to one build).

The only other explanation is incompetence.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Is Ision joking? All I know is that crafting will be extended to 500 for all crafts and precursors legendaries and Ascended gear will be much easier to get in 2014.

Yes he is joking, there is no indication that they will add a new tier of gear anytime soon (or ever).

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Yeah..wanted to have Assassin stat combo rings and earrings, but they dont exist too

#ELEtism

Posted by: Gutbuster.8745

Gutbuster.8745

The only thing I can think of is that they are developing a way to make it possible to switch stats on Ascended gear. If they did this, it would prevent Ascended gear meta-lock in (where you are limited to one build).

The only other explanation is incompetence.

As much as I would love for this to be true I really doubt it.

Since there’s been no other reply I can only assume that this has somehow dropped off their to-do list. I mean it’s gone from “I’ll be sure to get Valkyrie and Carrion into the next batch.” to 8 months of silence and no news about it.

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Are we ever going to get the missing ascended stat combos for trinkets?

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

2 YEAR OLD POST NECROING?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

2 YEAR OLD POST NECROING?

If it’s still relevant, why the hell would it matter versus starting a new thread?

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This is why we need 500 Jeweler.

Edit: also, the last two year old post is funny in hindsight.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.