Ascended weapons questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

From what I’ve been able to read, ascended gear will be mostly be available through crafting (and rare loot drops). Does anyone know if the crafted weapons will be account bound and available to all my characters or only able to be used by the character that crafted them? Also, will crafted ascended weapons be able to be sold on the TP? Trying to decide if I have to level up my crafting professions…

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Its Account Bound Wars 2 so probably acc bound. In anet’s mind its fine to sell a legendary but not an ascended item so no, it won’t be sellable.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

According to Looking Ahead: Guild Wars 2 in 2013: “Ascended weapons and armor will remain account-bound like other ascended gear.”

I hope this is not the case for crafted ascended gear, or I hope there are other methods for acquiring the weapons than discussed in the SAB2 preview, because I really do not want to level up all 3 weapon related crafts just to keep my main in top-stat gear.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: Vic Viper.1986

Vic Viper.1986

AA Imo

Ascended = Account Bound

No matter what sigils, runes, crests, orbs, infusions, whatever.

It’s ascended, it’s account bound, PERMANENTLY.
Ascended equipment should do just that, ascends above the silly soul binding mechanic.

Account bound Legendaries.

Posted by: Vic Viper.1986

Vic Viper.1986

bumpy, 7 months