Ascendent rings

Ascendent rings

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

So guys i dont know how about you but i have ~100 rings and i would like to know if anet is planing to make some use for them, like salvaging them into random T6 mat or something like that…..I get that if space is more limited that ppl will buy more gems, tahts fine but cmon piling up potentially worthless items is a bit ridiculous…

Ascendent rings

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

So guys i dont know how about you but i have ~100 rings and i would like to know if anet is planing to make some use for them, like salvaging them into random T6 mat or something like that…..I get that if space is more limited that ppl will buy more gems, tahts fine but cmon piling up potentially worthless items is a bit ridiculous…

100 rings don’t buy you a life

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Ascendent rings

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Might seem alot for you but i was doing high lvl fractals pretty early and before the FotM update i had ring from almost every chests thats 3-4 rings per day…

Ascendent rings

marnick.4305

Might seem alot for you but i was doing high lvl fractals pretty early and before the FotM update i had ring from almost every chests thats 3-4 rings per day…

At 2 hours per fractal daily, that’s 6-8 hours per day consistently for months.

I’ve been playing FotM since the beginning too, but only managed to get up to 15 and currently have 2 dropped rings and 8 relics. I couldn’t have had more without either quitting my job or breaking my engagement.

I repeat. 100 rings don’t buy you a life.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

And being unnecessarily hostile doesn’t serve any purpose at all.

We’re not in High School here people (maybe some of us are) can we quit taking shots at people for just asking a simple question? Who cares how he got them? He has them and he wants to know if he’ll ever be able to do anything with them before he destroys them to clear space.

Seems like a valid question.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Ascendent rings

marnick.4305

And being unnecessarily hostile doesn’t serve any purpose at all.

We’re not in High School here people (maybe some of us are) can we quit taking shots at people for just asking a simple question? Who cares how he got them? He has them and he wants to know if he’ll ever be able to do anything with them before he destroys them to clear space.

Seems like a valid question.

It is an entirely valid question but let me posit it like this.

The amount of people having more than 10 ascended rings is low. The amount of people having more than 20 is so low, they’re not even worth considering catering to. They’re not important, unless these rings can be directed to more time-limited players somehow.

My suggestion is to MF 4 rings and get a random non-bound non-infused ring. That way, the TP can decide what they’re worth. Solves a lot of problems. The other suggestion is to salvage them into 1 glob of coagulated essence, and make coagulated essences non-bound.

Unless A.net implements a solution like that, they actually expect most people to get 4 or 6 rings at the most, which is enough to equip a few alts. That very small minority that has more than 10 rings, can be safely ignored without hurting sales.

Ascendent rings

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

At 2 hours per fractal daily, that’s 6-8 hours per day consistently for months.

I’ve been playing FotM since the beginning too, but only managed to get up to 15 and currently have 2 dropped rings and 8 relics. I couldn’t have had more without either quitting my job or breaking my engagement.

I’ve never had a 2 hour daily.

I don’t even play a fractal every day and I have ~30 rings.

Why do gamers come on video game forums and tell other gamers to get a life because they’re playing a video game? I don’t get the needless hostility.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

The amount of people having more than 20 is so low, they’re not even worth considering catering to.

Thanks, but so far Anet has been quite ok at catering to me. Don’t assume that just because you don’t have 20 rings, that there isn’t a lot of other people who has. – Or a lot of no-lifers to meet your terminology.

To OP: Your question have been asked a few times before, but as far as I know we never got an answer.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Ascendent rings

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

So far, all ascended gear has been created with time gating in mind. That is, to allow people to slowly acquire BIS gear and thereby satisfy the needs of the gear progression crew while not inflaming the horizontal progression crew. Allowing them to be trading on the TP would instantly ruin the time gating factor.

Unless Anet pipes up in this thread (and I bet they won’t) I would guess that ascended rings will remain unsalvagable, unmystic-forgeable, and untradeable. In short, they are only taking up space in your inventory.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That very small minority that has more than 10 rings, can be safely ignored without hurting sales.

That “small minority” is likely already way bigger than the number of people that will ever get a legendary. The second group got a whole part of the content and gameplay dedicated to them, so why the second group shouldn’t? Especially since doing something about that would not hurt anyone.

I’d much rather suck at fractals than suck at life. There’s no hostility involved. Even if 4 fractals only took 4 hours, that’s still a lot of time to spend behind a screen. Most people would call such a person addicted.

And that is relevant how? Is there any special reason why you wouldn’t want this problem to be solved? If so, please, state it, instead of indulging in pointless hate-talk.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Ascendent rings

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’d much rather suck at fractals than suck at life. There’s no hostility involved. Even if 4 fractals only took 4 hours, that’s still a lot of time to spend behind a screen. Most people would call such a person addicted.

So angry. He doesn’t even need to do 4 fractals everyday to have 100 rings. Even if he did, I fail to see how he sucks at life. I wish I had 4 hours of free time per day.

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

whatever, i wish to know if these rings when i’m finished to gear up all my toons will be usefull or just vendor junk

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

whatever, i wish to know if these rings when i’m finished to gear up all my toons will be usefull or just vendor junk

I’ve been yelled at for merching 30 ascended rings at a time. All of my level 80 alts have ascended rings to match their stats and those that aren’t 80 have them lying in the bank for when they turn 80. It’s really not a big deal. Each ring sells for 4s 75c, and when you get a lot of them that adds up pretty quickly.

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I am with the above poster on that they will never unbind the rings. Maybe in a future update they will let you MF 4 to get a random other one, but I would think that would be the best case scenario.

Salvaging them for globs/shards would be silly, as anyone with an abundance of rings also has an abundance of shards/globs, but at least it would be something. Salvaging them for ectos would be nice, or at least at the same rate as a normal exotic.

And if you consider that as time goes by, and more people get to the higher level fractals that drop rings very frequently, the number of people with more than 20 bank slots wasted on rings is going to keep going up, not down.

It was a simple fix to do any number of things to prevent this from happening, but the longer they delay putting some solution in, the more jarring that solution is going to be to the economy (if you can salvage out good materials or sell the rings at TP), or irritating if they end up salvaging to useless materials.

Make it so 4 rings gives you a token, and 5 tokens gives you your choice of fractal skin. Boom, all extra useless rings out of the bank. Most people run the high end fractals for the skins anyhow.

Ascendent rings

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

he’s hostile cause he’s soooooo jelly ~~~~