Asian Themed content anyone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Q:

Anyone interested in playing some new contents with an Asian Theme? I accidentally stumbled onto Guildwars.com insted of gw2.com and saw this. I was immediately intrigued by the armor skin that they offered. I wouldn’t mind paying some money for some new (breath of fresh air) armor skin. Since Medium skin armors are really bad in general.

Check it out

http://www.guildwars.com/windsofchange/

EDIT: will anet ever implement this content for guildwars 2?

(edited by bladie.5084)

Posted by: kineticdamage.6279

kineticdamage.6279

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I would honestly kill to see a cheongsam-like town dress…

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I loved a lot of the GW1 costumes. The Winds of Change ones were great, but so were the Godly, Hallowe’en and War in Kryta options. I know a lot of medium armour wearers who’d jump at the chance for the old school Shining Blade set.

Going forward, I do think that Arenanet will add more costumes to the game and store. It’s good business sense. I don’t think that the GW1 costumes will make a comeback but we will probably see more old-school armour skins made available. Female casters have no basic pants… actually, every tier could do with a bit more variety and GW1 had a lot more variation in style than GW2 currently has. Why not take some samples from that? Especially when there’s profit to be made.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Releasing the continent of Cantha would be great! And yes, I think Anet will releases asian-styled content, but in the future

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

No god, please, no. There are hundreds of “asian style” mmo’s out there.

Safer Saviour.9685

The vast majority of those ‘Asian style’ MMOs are nothing like GW1’s Cantha. There’s a lot less… fetishisation of the culture, and the continent had strong Greek and Germanic influences as well. Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea were very imaginative areas jumping through Kaineng would be pretty awesome.

Posted by: SouthernCross.5286

SouthernCross.5286

I would prefer Elonian content before Canthan as I always thought that elona along with the Mesmer class where the more original things in GW1

Safer Saviour.9685

That much I agree with. I also think that Palawa Joko and his followers would be amazing to have around in GW2. Is it bad that I’d want him to continue to be a… sort of ally? I know he’s basically conquered a nation and wiped out the Sunspears but I just like the guy’s style. Besides, I think we’ve all faught enough undead at this point =P

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Thanks, honestly i didn’t know that Cantha = Asian themed back in GW1. Will keep up with the topic.

No god, please, no. There are hundreds of “asian style” mmo’s out there.

Those are mostly all Asian themed. I’d like some culture of Asia to be influenced into Guild wars 2. Big difference. New concept art and music is always great for profit and reasons for players to continue playing. “Asian style” offers diversity and great new options and inspiration for new armor/weapon skins along w/ terrain ideas and such. So Yes God, Please, yes.

Besides, some of the armor and weapon skins are seriously lacking. Cowboys aren’t that well thought of, and looking like a RAPlST/stalker was not pleasing at all, especially the dead animal skins. smh…

(edited by bladie.5084)

Posted by: kineticdamage.6279

kineticdamage.6279

Thanks, honestly i didn’t know that Cantha = Asian themed back in GW1. Will keep up with the topic.

You’re welcome
The other advantage of this thread in the link is that a senior ANet artist is participating in it.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Thanks, Bladie, for posting. We would ask you all to keep on this discussion in the forementioned thread, as it is bigger and has already official comments.

Thanks!