Assassins ascended sword bright white?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

I’m playing a thief and I just crafted my first ascended weapon, Soros’s sword. To my dismay it is bright white mostly. It looks good, but wouldn’t an assassin want dark colors? I know my thief does, so I’m going to spend another 10 days waiting to put together Grizzlemouth’s sword which is black and orange, much better.

It’s a small detail, but this game does such a good job with the small details I was surprised that my thief has to creep in the shadows with a sword that says… “over here! look over here!”. He learned a long time ago to leave the bright and fluorescent colors at home.

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

He might have, but the enemies in this game are stupid as hell, so you could be on fire/glowing like the freaking sun and they wouldn’t notice you until you had shot them. Stealth doesn’t matter too much when your enemies are essentially brain dead.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

You can always reskin it to something more Appropriate. Just look on the wiki, soros was part of “the shining blade” so it kinda makes sense that his weapons would be…well….shiny….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

olTThreelo.6710

Well my main concern here is how I look, not if the enemies actually respond to sneaking correctly.

olTThreelo.6710

You can always reskin it to something more appropriate. But i thought the ascended skins were red?

Well I’d hate to reskin an ascended that I worked for. I like the look, just not the color of the Soros blade.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can always reskin it to something more appropriate. But i thought the ascended skins were red?

The color of the ascended weapons depends on the stats. Many make beserker, which is the one on the far left in this picture. The one OP made is second to the right.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Well I’d hate to reskin an ascended that I worked for. I like the look, just not the color of the Soros blade.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon

Well you can always change it back too…the skin unlockes permently across your account.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Assassin’s is yellow, not white, you’re blind.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

To me, all of the ascended swords seem inappropriate for an assassin-esque character. You’d be better off just transmuting it to an exotic skin of better choice.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The color of the ascended weapons depends on the stats. Many make beserker, which is the one on the far left in this picture. The one OP made is second to the right.

Actually, OP made the second from the left (the yellow). I"m not sure how he sees it as white, but yeah. Assassin stats are yellow.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Actually, OP made the second from the left (the yellow). I"m not sure how he sees it as white, but yeah. Assassin stats are yellow.

Maybe he made the wrong one. Or is saying the wrong name. ^^

He did say, bright white.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Maybe he made the wrong one. Or is saying the wrong name. ^^

He did say, bright white.

True enough. Either way, some part of the description of what OP made is wrong, lol.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

well the glow/shine is white, maybe that’s what he’s on about? In any case I’d reskin it anyway, because the ascended 1h swords are bulky as hell and not very thief-like :p

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Just to continue the confusion…
OP said it is the Soros Assassin sword.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soros%27s_weapons

They all look yellow to me.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”