Assault Knight Cores

Assault Knight Cores

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Will that new box with memories of Scarlet contain them? Or is it just another RNG based item?

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

No one knows yet.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

I hope not. Else this would be really unfair to those who actually did the event to gain these cores and to those people who invested into this time limited item.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

give scarlet back ;_;

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I did the event, got the cores, and I hope the memories of Scarlet DOES contain them. the fun I had doing the event is in no way negated by new players getting access to them.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Zodiark.4985

Zodiark.4985

can someone tell me what memories of scarlet is? where do people get the information from?

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

can someone tell me what memories of scarlet is? where do people get the information from?

it was datamined
line about it says “Contains components for the crafting of spinal blades and items from Scarlet’s assault.”
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3icn9i/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_august_25/

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Assault Knight Cores

Shirlias.8104

I did the event, got the cores, and I hope the memories of Scarlet DOES contain them. the fun I had doing the event is in no way negated by new players getting access to them.

it would be nice for every skin.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Wonder if it will include the thoughtfull\thoughtless potions as well

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

give scarlet back ;_;

Nope, she left. Even had a forum post where she complained. “players keep killing me in pvp qq leaving 4ever”

Problem is, when everyone asked “i can haz ur stuff?” she didn’t leave enough behind.

So I’m glad to see those boxes datamined.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope its just for China so they have a chance to get the stuff

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Assault Knight Cores

Shirlias.8104

hope?

be unable to get any stuff just cause u haven’t play or got the game is bad.
or have an item that others doesn’t make you feel better?

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

hope?

There are plenty of items you can get at any time, blame yourself if you need exactly this item.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

I hope not. Else this would be really unfair to those who actually did the event to gain these cores and to those people who invested into this time limited item.

What’s more unfair is not allowing players to improve their spinal blades even after they spend all the time and effort on the sprockets and blade shards, etc.

If there’s no future way to get cores, eventually the cores will be insanely expensive and then no longer findable even from other players.

Assault Knight Cores

Shirlias.8104

not at all ( many previous items from events returned for a bunch of golds and laurels ).

also, you can craft your own scarlet backpack atm.
it’s just a huge deal farming shards ( or getting cores from ah, if you want the uppgraded version ).

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

hope?

There are plenty of items you can get at any time, blame yourself if you need exactly this item.

It’d be great if the cores came back. Else there’d be no point in them still being tradeable (which was silly to start with) and the Mystic Forge would be better off removing the recipe. Which would then probably make having the skin itself kind of worthless, so it should be removed. It chains down from there. Maybe my Watchwork Pick (which I bought the first time around, it should never have come back) could finally stop bleeding account-bound Blade Shards, since the only use for them is that backpack.

…And if any of the above upset you, maybe don’t hinge your self-worth on the exclusivity of digital property.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I would imagine that it will give the cores, but only 10 of your selected colour.

That being said, we have no idea how this item can be obtained, or if it can be obtained more than once. I’m hoping that it will be a reward to a set of achievements, hopefully that are somewhat interesting and challenging.

Admittedly, I’m slightly cheesed off, for the fact that I am so close to finishing my green (and final) spinal blades back-piece. It has been a long time, saving up the blade pieces that occasionally drop for me. Like I mentioned earlier, hopefully it won’t be handed to everybody in a silver-platter and would be a fun, slightly tough and interesting method of getting it.

However, I am pleased that others will get the opportunity to make the backpiece though, because I know I’d be annoyed if it was virtually unobtainable and knew that it would fit my character’s aesthetic perfectly.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

give scarlet back ;_;

RIP Holly Quinn #badflowerpun

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

God forbid someone wears the same shoes as you.

…And if any of the above upset you, maybe don’t hinge your self-worth on the exclusivity of digital property.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Everything from season 1 needs to make a return since that was before the mega-server update which meant that most servers did not have enough players to complete all of the content or farm for most of the rare drops.

There are a lucky few who happened to be on the right servers and thus had the opportunity to farm these items and can now charge a premium. That’s just bad game design and should be corrected.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Ciome.1075

Ciome.1075

are you serious?

Assault Knight Cores

Shirlias.8104

Everything from season 1 needs to make a return since that was before the mega-server update which meant that most servers did not have enough players to complete all of the content or farm for most of the rare drops.

There are a lucky few who happened to be on the right servers and thus had the opportunity to farm these items and can now charge a premium. That’s just bad game design and should be corrected.

Many ppl bought em for speculation too, as every item.

Also, what about last halloween giveaway?
Wraps farming which allowed a single account to be elegible for multiple skins reward… if it’s not a bad game design this too…

Anyway, should be nice have a vendor who sells all gw2 items for a high but non absurd price ( he shouldn’t buy, just sell ), to prevent speculation and limited skins.

This game is all about skins, and can’t have em is not quite right imho.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Sometimes speculation burns you, and this should be one of those times.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

My guess is this will be purchasable from the laurel vendor.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

They are still available on the trade post and thus by no means unavailable. If I recall corectly you can only use 10 a color, 10 of each color is 270 gold to buy directly (by placing orders you might be able save a bit), which may not be cheap but it definitely isn’t that expensive either.

Also, that box doesn’t exist and therefore seems rather pointless to discuss.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

They are still available on the trade post and thus by no means unavailable. If I recall corectly you can only use 10 a color, 10 of each color is 270 gold to buy directly (by placing orders you might be able save a bit), which may not be cheap but it definitely isn’t that expensive either.

Also, that box doesn’t exist and therefore seems rather pointless to discuss.

Whatever the truth about that supposed new box, prices have collapsed already.

Assault Knight Cores

Shirlias.8104

Somebody is reading the forum…. huhuhu….

btw etienne, the priece is not expensive i agree ( i was talking about halloween skins, aetherized or scarlet kiss ).

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I bought like 80 cores for 15-20 gold. I lost like 1000+ gold.

I don’t mind it so much. I just wonder why it is so inconsistent. Like the core would only cost like 200 gold per backpiece. While the hallowean skins is still like 4000 gold and Anet have no intent to make it cheaper.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

As someone who got the backpack when it was available, i don’t mind people being able to get it this later in the game.

Make it “hard” to get right away, if you can’t be bothered to do it then you have to wait.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: FarmerGlob.6725

FarmerGlob.6725

[Posted using alt acc.]

“Power cores, what a great thing to invest in!~ Scarlet is dead, lions arch is repaired, so no way they will bring back cores!~ Also, they aren’t that expensive at all currently, many times cheaper than other back-pieces, and even more so when you take into account they save you 100+g in ectos by bypassing the infusion step, so there’s no reason anet should bring them back until they go much higher!!~~”

(edited by FarmerGlob.6725)

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

You shouldn’t have put all your Assault Knight Power Cores in a single Assault Knight Power Core receptacle!

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: FarmerGlob.6725

FarmerGlob.6725

they weren’t expensive yet and despite several efforts by many couldn’t be successfully cornered. I have paid special attention to the supply and there are a lot still out there even now.. so I figured there was plenty of time to cash out.

also scarlet is dead.

Assault Knight Cores

Shirlias.8104

don’t mention it :’(

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Selfish behavior like this is even more unfair than people who hold onto an item just to force an artificial price increase.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I always thought they should be attainable through mining sprockets from home instance node (rare drop).

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I got about 6-7 of each color during the fighting and bought my way up to 10 of each shortly after the event.

Other people having them in no way detracts from the one I made. Good luck to the folks hoping to make one for themselves. I hope you get a crack at your favorite of three. (Start saving ascended materials now – they are not cheap to produce)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Whats the key box one? (Pink Key etc) Tricolour Chest from Tower of Nightmares? I can’t even remember what that drops – oh but they did add the Tricolour chest somewhere recently didn’t they. Guess its that.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Kind of get the feeling these items may get added to the last prize in the log-in rewards since it seems to fit that theme.

Any new chance to get those cores would be good though. Had started working on the Spinal Blade pack, but stopped at Advanced once I saw the prices…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Assault Knight Cores

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m okay with this if they require effort to build even with these boxes.

Also maybe dont invalidate thoughtful potion effort, and all good with me, Its been a while.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.