Assault Knight Power Core's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TERraTRIIx.3194

TERraTRIIx.3194

I have no idea how much this has been brought up on the forums (if ever), but here goes.

Basically I have the tempered spinal blades and I’ve had them for a while, but I’ve wanted to upgrade them to the static assault knight ones, and at the currency price it would cost me 180 gold minimum just for the 10 cores, and this price is going to keep rising…
What I want to know is whether or not it will ever be possible for the devs to re-introduce the cores back into the game at some point. The price will keep rising until it is completely out of reach and I don’t know if I should suck it up and buy the cores now?

Thanks for your time everyone, just looking for a general answer from the community or if possible even a dev! (:

Posted by: Mafusail.9305

Mafusail.9305

This item was introduced via special event via special legendary boss (guardian of Breachmaker via Assault on Lion’s Arch). Its like asking “oh, can you return whole season 1 on live?” =) This is illogical and pointless.
P.S. And yes, i think that this is stupid to keep Aetherpath be availible in a way other than fractal, because it’s story gone and will never come back. As a fractal this dungeon will be good thought.
P.P.S. And yes, im now playing Grind Wars 2 also (like 95% of all ppl tbh, cuz, you know, NCsoft), cuz i want to make red spinal blades.

(edited by Mafusail.9305)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

They are not asking for the event to be brought back, just the cores, anet could easily have added that core drop to the final boss of the Aetherblade path of TA, they are trying to get new players into the game via HoT, then they should be willing to allow them players to get older items via ingame rewards be it fractals/dungeons etc,

TERraTRIIx.3194

This item was introduced via special event via special legendary boss (guardian of Breachmaker via Assault on Lion’s Arch). Its like asking “oh, can you return whole season 1 on live?” =) This is illogical and pointless.
P.S. And yes, i think that this is stupid to keep Aetherpath be availible in a way other than fractal, because it’s story gone and will never come back. As a fractal this dungeon will be good thought.

I know what it’s from, and I don’t want the event to come back, just other means of getting it- like you said fractals

TERraTRIIx.3194

They are not asking for the event to be brought back, just the cores, anet could easily have added that core drop to the final boss of the Aetherblade path of TA, they are trying to get new players into the game via HoT, then they should be willing to allow them players to get older items via ingame rewards be it fractals/dungeons etc,

Exactly! At this point I feel 180g to change the colour of the back piece is not what Anet originally intended. As the event was going those cores cost nothing

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Exactly! At this point I feel 180g to change the colour of the back piece is not what Anet originally intended. As the event was going those cores cost nothing

It will not “just change the colour”, they up next stage takes it from ascended to infused ascended.

Suck it up and buy them. The only time they will look at brining them back is when they are all gone from the TP, or running very low. The molten jet pack for one. Last time I looked, there was one left in the 3,000+ gold range.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think we maybe should make some sort of “Assault knight Core” barter. I give someone my few red cores, they give me blue ones in exchange… something like that. Of course, some are more sought than others… but at this pace, I will just keep my red ones until there are almost none to sell, when the prices spike higher than Mount Maelstrom…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The solution would be put them on the Laurel merchant. It seems to be the only solution they’re willing to consider on the subject.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

tl:dr
Enjoy this screenshot

Attachments:

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

The cores are essentially glorified dyes.

The final stage of ascended infused can be reached without them.

If you want the bling now, you pay the price. Or you wait, and hope like some other “dyes” that they are somehow re-released. Which may never happen since cores, unlike dyes, are not gemstore exclusives.

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

As if it’s hard to add Pack of Cores(10units) for like 10 Laurels in LS1 Vendor.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

As if it’s hard to add Pack of Cores(10units) for like 10 Laurels in LS1 Vendor.

LS1 laurel rewards are rewards that could have been earned via achievements or bought with event tokens from the LS1 events.

Cores, and stuff like recipes, molten backpacks, cores, azurite were all drops.

While ya, it’d be easy enough to add them, it’s not the way they’re currently treating the vendor.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Is it scary I can afford to buy the entirety (all stock) of one of the four existing blueprint scraps to make the spinal blade pack? Effectively meaning people could only acquire 3/4 pieces… Not to mention as far as the research I’ve done is that the only way to acquire these blueprints was from LSS1 which ain’t coming back and the fact that alliance supplies are not tradable plus most people would’ve opened those bags anyway.

If I buy out this entire stock of specific blueprint scraps does that mean no one could make the spinal blade pack? Ever?

If so… That’s seriously messed up.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You’ll find that the entire supply of those blueprints is not on the tradepost. I know this for a fact.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

You’ll find that the entire supply of those blueprints is not on the tradepost. I know this for a fact.

A ‘fact’ with nothing to back it up? I am not surprised.

It’s posts like those that are almost cringeworthy, but, do go on… My biggest question is are any of these blueprints still acquirable other than the TP?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I can back up that fact. Go ahead and buy out your blueprint, I’ll make some gold when I post mine to fill the hole.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Basically I have the tempered spinal blades and I’ve had them for a while, but I’ve wanted to upgrade them to the static assault knight ones, and at the currency price it would cost me 180 gold minimum just for the 10 cores, and this price is going to keep rising…

Yeah, it cost me something like 15g for the first colour, 25ish for the second, and 40 for the final third. i was fortunate enough to be present when the actual event was a thing and even got a few core drops. That final set of tempered blades cost an arm and a leg to get the blades for though…

I agree that there’s no reason for the price to be THIS high. backpieces as a rule are expensive, but as the scarcity of materials grows ever greater, these ones are becoming excessive even by that high standard.

A low drop rate from an isolated instance will preserve the exclusivity without allowing the prices to get (more) ridiculous.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Anet has said that they want to bring Season 1 back as permanent content in the style of Season 2 (and despite constant claims that most of Season 1 was open world, most of Season 1’s main story was, in fact, instances – most of the open world story was preview/epilogue dialogues and Ellen Kiel’s stuff). However, such won’t happen for sure until after Heart of Thorns – though it’d be idiotic not to implement it sooner rather than later because as time goes on more and more new players are confused as to why there’s a huge gap in the story between the Personal Story (which people are now starting to assume is Season 1 because they don’t know what Season 1 actually is) and Season 2.

So when Season 1 comes around again, all those limited time items that are still desired today will likely return.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So when Season 1 comes around again, all those limited time items that are still desired today will likely return.

I look forward to watching people hold their breath for this. (Or, in less facetious terms: I doubt very much this will happen before 2017.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Add them as a rare drop from a scarlet themed fractal- go nuts.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Although I suspected this would happen and bought them well before I would need them to make each back piece, I don’t see any reason that they should offer another way for players to obtain them. Laurel merchant seems to most practical.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

They should add them as an uncommon drop in blc or something. (no, would wouldn’t have to buy blk to get them, they should slowly build up in the tp, like the backpacks you can only get from blc.)

Better idea: Find someway to bring back the scarlet fight

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

They’d quickly become more junk in the blcs. Their current price is driven mostly by supply. If you add more through blcs or drops, then their supply will quickly outstrip demand, which is held back by the limited number of ways to get spinal blades and the overall lack of appeal for these backpacks compared to others.

I’d rather Anet just give them away than have them take the place of something better in blcs.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

A ‘fact’ with nothing to back it up? I am not surprised.

It’s posts like those that are almost cringeworthy, but, do go on… My biggest question is are any of these blueprints still acquirable other than the TP?

Its posts like yours that make me cringe. You also didnt back up the fact that you got enough gold to do so or that all supply of those blueprints are on the tp available for sale (a little hint: most of the supply in game is in peoples storage and not for sale).

Then you probably only calculated their lowest listing and multiplied it with supply to determine how much gold you need, unfortunately there are many listings at higher prices. I checked for 2 blueprint scraps (those with the lowest supply) and just the couple of hundred listings over 1g accumulate to roughly 1000g alone.

But lets assume you have enough gold to buy out 1 scrap, about 10k from the tp and another 50k from people that make their supply available once you brought the price up. What then?

I tell you what will happen: You will be stuck with a boatload of scraps in your banks that you cant sell because there isnt enough demand for it.

Sure some people would like to craft these backpacks for their skin but we will run out of power cores long before you sold off your blueprint scraps.

And the power cores arent the real problem its blade shards, which are hard to farm or expensive to forge and you need 425 of them for the exotic piece, 925 for the first stage of ascended. Long story short, you will have a hard time to find consumers that will buy your scraps at a price that would enable you to recover your investment costs, let alone make a profit.

But go ahead and buy the blueprints out and please keep us updated how your investment is getting along in the next month.

Ah, you were just bigmouthing and thought becuase you had a couple of thousand gold to your account you can manipulate a market?

Well, I also got lots of gold and like to bigmouth a bit, so I will offer you a reward of 500g, if you manage to completely buy out one of the spinal blades blueprint scraps until monday night.
Just make a screenshot of their 0 supply on the tp, once youre done.

Happy Trading!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

So start buying them one at a time when you have extra gold if it’s that important to you. I’ve already started buying the core color I want so that when I’ve gotten all the blade shards needed, it’s all taken care of.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion, but temporary content is Anet’s way of rewarding people who continue to play over a long period of time.

Have you owned the game for a long time? Are you a loyal supporter of Guild Wars 2? If so, I think it is your every right to have access to rewards that are no longer currently available.

Did you get the game after Scarlet attacked Lion’s Arch? Then you shouldn’t have access to the same rewards as the people who actually completed all those challenging events and did all the work required to rightfully own those back pieces. In contrast, making those back pieces available to everyone invalidates all the hard work the original players did.

(edited by Ausfer.1853)

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion, but temporary content is Anet’s way of rewarding people who continue to play over a long period of time.

Have you owned the game for a long time? Are you a loyal supporter of Guild Wars 2? If so, I think it is your every right to have access to rewards that are no longer currently available.

Did you get the game after Scarlet attacked Lion’s Arch? Then you shouldn’t have access to the same rewards as the people who actually completed all those challenging events and did all the work required to rightfully own those back pieces. In contrast, making those back pieces available to everyone invalidates all the hard work the original players did.

Yeah, because let’s divide people between segments where there are those who played before and those who played later.

As I agree with Gw1 loyalty rewards given out, Gw2 alone shouldn’t divide us like that.
Old or new Gw2 players do contribute to market and game, and I see no reason to give a specific way to obtain things which were available in previous content of the game.

As for my example to give a Pack of Cores for Laurels, still does force people to create from 1st Watchwork Sprocket to create the back pack.

As the Blade Shard farm isn’t good as it was during Battle for LA time, it still is quite an achievement to make that Back Pack.

And Cores only give a niche skin.

Experience and Fun during the time it was available via content and also AP aren’t available for them.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I think the destruction of LA part of LS1 would make for a pretty fun fractal. core could drop there.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

180g for a set of 10 is hardly a problem, come back when they cost 1000 gold each

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

TERraTRIIx.3194

Thanks everyone for the replies and now I am sure I won’t be buying them. It’s not worth it and it is easy for Anet to put it back in the game so I’ll either wait or live a colourless life forever.

Posted by: Darkness Commander.6417

Darkness Commander.6417

Here you can see the spinal blades in 3 different colors: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLImXnIe_4nAPlw942z5X_3RDHrJJ0cU8j

Mayby this convince you otherwise?:)

Guild: Darkness Death Dealers
Server: Blacktide
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1K1BQIC

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

180g for a set of 10 is hardly a problem, come back when they cost 1000 gold each

not everyone has 30 accounts that give tons of free gold by login rewards every month

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Malediktus.9250

not everyone has 30 accounts that give tons of free gold by login rewards every month

Yet there are people with just 1 account who have over 250.000 gold

Darkness Commander.6417

If you think its worth it, you can save the gold and buy it eventually.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Massive wealth disparity is not a good thing, and it definitely shouldn’t be used as an excuse to create even more hindrances for average players.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The real problem with older temporary content was the fact that we did not yet have mega servers. This means that while some players where lucky to be on a server with people, other players missed out on the content and rewards while we spent our time trying to guest onto a server that had enough people to play the content and get the rewards.

I like most of what ArenaNet has done with GW2, but the fact that myself and everyone on my server missed out on so much from LS1 really annoys me because they intentionally designed content to require a number of people that they KNEW most servers couldn’t support.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Darkness Commander.6417

I see your problem and I agree they should let the temporary content come back so now and then.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

They did say they planned/hoped to bring season 1 back like season 2 is.

I realize they’ve said a lot of things that never ended up happening, but there is always the chance we’ll be able to replay season 1. I would hope said items would be included in the loot tables for such.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I realize they’ve said a lot of things that never ended up happening, but there is always the chance we’ll be able to replay season 1.

No, there is no chance that we’ll replay season 1.

Season one was a series of festivals, and the parties are over. The best you might hope for is a replay of the highlights of season one. (the two dungeons are now 4 fractals, Tequatl and aetherpath and the jungle wurm still exist, anet previously teased the Marionette as a HoT guild spawned boss).

Season one not only can’t return (it was based in maps that no longer exist), but it shouldn’t return outside of its highlights (nobody wants to repeat old busywork)

All they really said they would do is fill in lore gaps for players.

Anyways, since blade shards still drop, it does make sense for the spinal blade blueprint plans to be permanantly available. I don’t care if they rerelease the tempered cores, but the blueprint plans parts 1-4 ought to be added to a vendor somewhere.

There’s a bunch of season one stuff that ought to be rereleased to vendors:

Molten and Aetherblade dungeon food recipes
Spinal blade blueprints
Sigils of Generousity
Zealots, Keepers, and Celestial Recipes
The gift of Magnamity (I think that’s the item that starts the scavenger hunt for the star that eats empyrean crystals).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Just buy them. Even if they do bring them back in some way it won’t be any time soon. If you really want to look, just buy it and be done with it.

If they ever figure out how to remake Season One as a stand alone personal arc then it would be reasonable for there to be a series of fights with the guardians and for them to have a chance at dropping the cores. Other than that I don’t really see any meaningful way to reintroduce that particular item.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Darkness Commander.6417

Just buy them now if you really like them, so that you dont regret it afterwards.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Some of us just have one account and work for every gold piece.

But still buying one core at a time after a few days of world boss runs is not out of the question or unreasonable considering there’s no instant free way to get that many Blade Shards all at once either.

At the rate of one core per week, I will also have time to get Blade Shards and Sprockets to turn into Blade Shards in the Mystic Toilet. This isn’t an “instant gratification” item, what’s wrong with gathering the pieces over time?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I’m glad I kept all three colour cores (roughly 10 of each). The price keeps going up and up. Seems like a very good long-term investment. XD

That being said, the price of those cores is still quite insignificant compared to the costs of some of the other, more rare items that haven’t been widely available for quite some time now, such as aetherised weapons or the Molten Jetpack skin, all of which go up to and over 3000 gold.

If they didn’t bring those back, I doubt they’ll bring the cores back either, so if I were you, I’d just buy them while they’re still relatively cheap. That 180 gold may eventually become 1800 gold, or even 3000+ gold. It’s better to just get them now rather than hope and pray they become attainable again through an event, only to regret not buying them while the price was still within the reasonable 3 digit range.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I would like for them to add white, black, and gray power cores.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

But lets assume you have enough gold to buy out 1 scrap, about 10k from the tp and another 50k from people that make their supply available once you brought the price up. What then?

I tell you what will happen: You will be stuck with a boatload of scraps in your banks that you cant sell because there isnt enough demand for it.

Sure some people would like to craft these backpacks for their skin but we will run out of power cores long before you sold off your blueprint scraps.

And the power cores arent the real problem its blade shards, which are hard to farm or expensive to forge and you need 425 of them for the exotic piece, 925 for the first stage of ascended. Long story short, you will have a hard time to find consumers that will buy your scraps at a price that would enable you to recover your investment costs, let alone make a profit.

But go ahead and buy the blueprints out and please keep us updated how your investment is getting along in the next month.

Ah, you were just bigmouthing and thought becuase you had a couple of thousand gold to your account you can manipulate a market?

I don’t think that you understood what he was trying to say. He never said that he wanted to sell the scraps, he never said that he wanted to invest gold for profit, he never said that he wanted to manipulate a market.
He just said that he thinks it’s scary how ‘easily’ someone could buy all scraps of one kind to essentially prevent all new players from ever crafting the Spinal Blades backpack, and then maybe throw them away just for trolling reasons.

Right now you’d need 3152g 08s 83c to buy all stacks of scrap 2/4 (the lowest in supply), which is a lot (at least for me), but it’s not impossible.

You’re right though, loads of them may still be in people’s personal storage, which makes it unpredictable how much gold one would actually need to buy ALL of them…

(edited by AzureSky.3175)

Malediktus.9250

Massive wealth disparity is not a good thing, and it definitely shouldn’t be used as an excuse to create even more hindrances for average players.

The average player does not need the best cosmetic items. Or if they really want the best cosmetics they can trade gems for gold. After all this game is about cosmetic progression and not statistical progression.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

:) Luckily I have all colors unlocked

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

No it would make no sense for them to bring it make. Then they would have to bring back every other item that isn’t obtainable.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The average player does not need the best cosmetic items.

Of course – they are cosmetic, and thus noone really needs them. Want on the other hand is something that is not dependant on skill, experience or wealth.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

No it would make no sense for them to bring it make. Then they would have to bring back every other item that isn’t obtainable.

Lol, if your logic was true, then please explain me why they brought back the Fervid Censer, the Fused Gauntlets, the Sclerite Karka Shell, the Dragon helmet and all the other stuff you can buy at the laurel merchant.
They even brought back the Greatsaw and the Jetpack at one point.

Anet gives us the chance to obtain previously unobtainable items from time to time. What makes you so sure that the Power Cores are an exception and will be unobtainable forever?
We do not know if they will ever come back or not. All we know is that a lot of items did make a comeback.