Asura Character Size vs Armor/Weapon Scaling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yearsonehundred.6139

yearsonehundred.6139

Hello! I have two questions real quick – first of all, while I know armor scales with the player’s model’s height (like, a short Asura vs a tall Asura), but does the same go for weapons? Like, will a taller Asura have a larger greatsword than a shorter Asura?

Secondly, for those who play Asura characters, do you feel it’s best to make your character the biggest it can be? Like, do you feel the weapons/armors are too small if you make your Asura smaller? Or do you feel it’s just fine?

Thanks!
From the concerned owner of two brand new Asura characters…

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Weapons do scale a lil I think and I make the tallest asura I can all the time. I never cared about weapon size.

Posted by: yearsonehundred.6139

yearsonehundred.6139

Weapons do scale a lil I think and I make the tallest asura I can all the time. I never cared about weapon size.

Did you make tall Asura just because you prefer it that way? Or due to the concerns I mentioned?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Personal preference

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

i have an asuran guardian at lvl 30 or something because i wanted one. hes medium sized. Anyways although i dont play enough because i already have a guardian (human) i think that the weapon resizes when you put it away. I also noticed this on norns. Im not entirely sure but anyways it doesnt matter much because it doesnt bug me too much and i like the character alot.
BTW just make sure your find with the size of the weapons. I am fine with mine and i will probably get nice ones once my characters lvl 80. I know one guy who has an infinite light on his meidum sized asura and although its hard for others to see he can still appreciate it. I made a medium sized asura though because i thought the largest size seemed a little too much especially when compared to other asuras

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I have smallest asura engineer.
If i want big character i would take another class.
Small things have small weapons, and that is fine.

Posted by: Hoplomachii.6213

Hoplomachii.6213

I made my Asura Warrior last year with the smallest size settings. With the new hairstyle options , this time I used the largest settings.

No longer I have to squint my eyes to see my Warrior’s one handed weapons.

And you will definitely notice the weapon scale difference between the largest and smallest Asuras .. since most players still use the smallest Asura size settings.

Playing with the smallest size settings has its benefit though. In PVP, enemies will less likely target you because it is hard to see your character. Unfortunately , that feature goes both ways. If you like looking at your gear’s shiny details , you will have to zoom all the way in. This is one of the main reason I switched to the largest settings.

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I have the shortest Asura and the tallest Norn. I love my little Asura, especially in jumping puzzles. It’s much easier to see the next jump in tight places. My Norn’s head will sometimes go through the roof, or block my line of sight.

That being said, I love to dress up my Norn and give her cool weapons, but my Asura is my favorite to play. I would love to outfit my Asura, but it’s just too expensive considering I can barely see it.

I would love to see Asura weapons scaled up a bit. My great sword look like a dagger. 0.o

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

If you ask me:

Asura weapons should scale 25% bigger
No I don’t believe weapon scales with character height.
Asura’s are awesome, especially the cute female ones.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.