Asura or Sylvari?

Asura or Sylvari?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suko.4637

Suko.4637

I’m having a tough time deciding between the two races for my mesmer. Just a few questions:
1) Does size really matter in PvP and WvW as a mesmer? I feel like having a small race for clones would be helpful with confusing people with the clones.
2) Which of these two has better detailed areas? If the Sylvari starter quest (right after you create a character) is like the rest of the Sylvari areas, then I’d choose Sylvari hands down. The Asuran area seems very bland to me. Yes they have robots and floating holograms, but I always like that nature look.

Muerthos, Necromancer of Stormbluff Isle

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

1) No measurable difference is made by having small race vs. any other.
2) If you like nature, go with Sylvari. As for starter areas, they actually share 2 zones

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

o there’s a difference alright, even in spvp (without racials), i’ll just name one…

Asuras are VERY VERY difficult to tell which way they were facing, especially the small ones (the biggest ones are almost human size and slightly better but still…). This might not be an issue to most classes, but when your build and playing style relied on being able to produce backstabs it becomes a serious issue. A potential 6k hit becomes 1300 makes world of difference in a duel.

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

the bigger they are, the bigger their weapon and skill are. good for big aoe range and show off legendaries..
the smaller they are, the harder for enemy to spot / klik them. heck, you can kite enemies in a tall grass.. with a fast movements they wont target you even without stealth.
the drawbacks are the ’lacking" of the other side of the coins capability.

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

Asura all the way. We get Pain Inverter, a use super useful stun for my thief. I made it as small as possible, and dont seem to get targetted much. Might be my imagination.

Still, Pain Inverter <3

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

If you’re playing a Mesmer, you won’t even need Pain Inverter, LOL.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

Sure, no class really NEEDS anything, but when its time to hit the ‘blow up all my clones in his face’ button, id rather know i have a stun on him while my clones move in for the kill

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Sure, no class really NEEDS anything, but when its time to hit the ‘blow up all my clones in his face’ button, id rather know i have a stun on him while my clones move in for the kill

I’ll give you that. If they hadn’t nerfed the Sylvari’s Grasping Vines, I’d say go for that. But Asura are hilarious.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Asura or Sylvari?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

1) No measurable difference is made by having small race vs. any other.
2) If you like nature, go with Sylvari. As for starter areas, they actually share 2 zones

I don’t know about that, I have an engineer build that is based entirely on laying support bombs/grenades down in team fights without being noticed, and it’s a heck of a lot easier to get lost in the crowd with an Asura than a Norn.