Asuran Female Outfits (also Charr)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

So; I purchased some outfits from the Gemstore, and I love them, but…

I just tried them on my Asuran mesmer, who happens to be female, and likes it that way.
The Noble Count outfit would have been lovely on her, except that, on her, it’s the same style as the male version, which is a suit.

I hereby formally request, on behalf of Tchotchke Kerfuffle, Member in Good Standing, of the College of Dynamics, that Asuran females be granted a choice in fashion, as is accorded the other bipedal races.

PS: Her comrade in arms, Cmdr. Kitty La Boom Boom of the Blood Legion says she tried on a dress once, and thought she looked ridiculous, but she wouldn’t say no to a set of robes with softer lines than those of her male compatriots.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I would like to echo this statement. All of my poor female Asura would be much happier with an option to choose female versions for some of these outfits and armor.

Plzzzzzz :c

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

I’ll sign.

I’ll sign because even though Asuran and Charr women do not have the traditional body features of women, they are still women and there is no reason they shouldn’t be able to display their femininity if they choose to do so.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ve always found it odd that the fancy wintersday, hexed, witch, and ancestral outfits DO maintain the female model style on both asura and charr females, but all the other outfits do not. It’s very inconsistent and frustrating.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

As a charr or asura player you are 2nd class citizen in tyria… we can be happy we even get anything remotely good\acceptable (compared to human, norn and sylvari) looking or that we dont just blink out of existance while paying the same gem price like the 3 mentioned races. Be happy that you even can buy the stuff and use it on your asura OP…cause it aint gonna get better then this. Male only and if the devs got a good day only with moderate texture blurryness and moderate stretching or clipping. Want a female look? Make a norn,human or sylvari and get used to be 2nd class… cause the devs aint give a kitten. Well.. sometimes you MIGHT be lucky…but dont get your hopes up
(comes from a charr only player)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I will sign your petition. I still refuse to buy Outfits, but that doesn’t mean I don’t hate seeing females that look male.

The artists are getting lazy. Just ask anyone who has a new hairstyle that is stiff as a helmet in the mightiest breeze.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Well it is a Noble COUNT outfit, not a noble COUNTESS outfit – what do you expect to be fair? That being said, I see no reason why there shouldn’t be female equivalents for new outfits, much like they do with many other sets

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’ve always found it odd that the fancy wintersday, hexed, witch, and ancestral outfits DO maintain the female model style on both asura and charr females, but all the other outfits do not. It’s very inconsistent and frustrating.

This. Also, the lich outfit is horrid on a female asura.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Asura and Charr are missing a very important visual female anatomy that would require their very own version of the outfit. However it is inconsistent with the race’s underwear where the area of the missing part is also covered, just like the other races.

So I agree with the OP on the ground of consistency. Is the female anatomy doesn’t exist or it does? If it does, then these races should be granted a female version of the outfit. If not, then remove the covering from their underwear — just as you remove any covering of the area from armors like the Braham, Gladiator, Skallywag and Pit Fighter.

The key is consistency. +1 to OP.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

would be nice to have some midgets in dresses, yes

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

dreaming
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/020/5/c/guild_wars_2__female_charr_guardian_fanart_by_zerojigoku-d5s38oz.png

edit: omg gizmo you can’t be serious! the cutest things in tyria once you make them that way!

(edited by Pockethole.5031)

Zavve.8205

Hmmm… After seeing that, I don’t want female charr to get what they want anymore lol.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I’d rather have it stay how it is, personally. I rather like having the male armor on my Guardian.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Zavve.8205

I’d rather have it stay how it is, personally. I rather like having the male armor on my Guardian.

But if we at least have the option, then both sides win.

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

While I wouldn’t want my asura or charr in a dress, I do wish everyone had the option. I can’t stand playing a female human/norn/sylvari in Light Armor because 95% of the leggings are poofy dresses I couldn’t care less for.

If I could choose the male version for both sexes, I’d be happy. And I’m sure some people would love their male characters to be able to wear the female version of some armor.

Outfits would be a good start. It would be a lot of work to make twice as many models for each piece of equipment and outfit, though, but hey. In a game like Guild Wars 2, customization matters.