Aura's

Aura's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Dear Anet, Sinds I started playing the game in 2012, I’ve come to love the game as it is and the story I find to be really good. At the moment I am a casual player and dont have much time compared to a few years ago. I was wondering what the other players in the community thought of the following idea(s);

At the moment Aura’s are becoming a thing (which is common in an MMO).
I mean we’ve got some infusions like the winters-heart , ghostly ones from gorseval etc.

Most of these infusions are locked behind either a large sum of gold or hardcore content, (I do raid, but this post is mainly meant for people with no time to do so).

Wouldn’t it be a nice idea to make some standard aura infusions? they should of course not be epic like the legendary one’s or the one’s from raids and such but maybe something which gives a faint glow.

I think it would give casual players also something to strive towards.
Now I have said what I wanted to. Lets hear it! thoughts?

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Aura's

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I am ready for the bag of salt to be poured upon my head amongst the wrath of hatred from the nay-sayers but…

…I really don’t like auras. It’s distasteful. Cringy to a point where I believe whoever spawns these ideas of auras must have the mind of a 3 year old, “COOL stuff MUST be GLOWY and SPARKLES!” with the, as you stated, current ‘trend’ with MMOs.

While some players manage to make a theme work with one or two infusions it starts to get really visual clutter when you see the biggest Norn waltz by with his Moots out and mega chunky extra T H I C C wings backpack and lord knows what else amongst the unwavering assault of every-possible-aura-infusion he’s clad in.

If I could have an option, ONE option above all else to choose from it would be a toggle to disable auras.

TLDR: Don’t like auras. If game wants to release more, keep them behind content like collections, raids, achieves and release option to toggle auras on/off…

Aura's

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I am ready for the bag of salt to be poured upon my head amongst the wrath of hatred from the nay-sayers but…

…I really don’t like auras. It’s distasteful. Cringy to a point where I believe whoever spawns these ideas of auras must have the mind of a 3 year old, “COOL stuff MUST be GLOWY and SPARKLES!” with the, as you stated, current ‘trend’ with MMOs.

While some players manage to make a theme work with one or two infusions it starts to get really visual clutter when you see the biggest Norn waltz by with his Moots out and mega chunky extra T H I C C wings backpack and lord knows what else amongst the unwavering assault of every-possible-aura-infusion he’s clad in.

If I could have an option, ONE option above all else to choose from it would be a toggle to disable auras.

TLDR: Don’t like auras. If game wants to release more, keep them behind content like collections, raids, achieves and release option to toggle auras on/off…

Same, they are cheesy as hell. I’d like to be able to turn them all off completely.

FYI, you can turn off “Effect LOD”, turn down “Animation” in Options to help with particle effects and some auras.

Aura's

Posted by: SmirkDog.3160

SmirkDog.3160

Yeah most people with auras have like 5 stacked on each other and it looks crappy as heck. And like why would I want particle effects obscuring the view of my character.

I mean, I’m all for everyone having access to certain types of content, but also maybe make them less ugly and annoying while you’re there. And let me choose to not see it.