Auto Loot Dosen't work on death...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Why does auto loot – world ability, fail to work once you are dead? You end up seeing 5-10 bags around your corpse and you cant collect them unless you are raised by someone else or immediately respawn and then the bags will again automatically go into your inventory but the ones on the ground that appear when you are dead before you can respawn stay.

Plz fix it so it goes into your inventory no matter what.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Hmm, it is pretty annoying yeah but I guess that is the penalty of death. I try to wp as fast as I can when I die to prevent this so I can get the bags. I don’t mind it as it is a minor penalty.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Because… uhm… you’re dead…

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

with that logic, then no loot should drop at all, and i certainly shouldnt be able to sort my inventory or trade on the TP while dead either.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

The people you hit died so they will drop their loot but since you are dead you cant pic up the loot. It makes sense when you think about it that way. It is annoying but its just a penalty for death.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

with that logic, then no loot should drop at all, and i certainly shouldnt be able to sort my inventory or trade on the TP while dead either.

That’s not logic. The player character is the one that need to pick up loot and that’s why it needs a presence in the world (ie not be dead), but after pickup it always goes into the mystery dimension. You dont think your character carry 5 tonnes of armor and weaponry along with enough food to supply a cruise liner for a month, do you?

No, that mystery dimension is handled by a secretary that’s very much still alive. Ergo that functionality still works.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

oh god its a mechanic just make it so treasure i get = goes in my inventory

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You end up seeing 5-10 bags around your corpse.

Grats on taking 5 – 10 enemies down with you though!

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

You end up seeing 5-10 bags around your corpse.

Grats on taking 5 – 10 enemies down with you though!

that hammer rev, does work

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Solution; Don’t die.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Other solution: win the fight.

Usually I can tell how the fight is going by whether my toon is dead or not. If I’m dead, usually a lot more than half of my squad are already dead or downed and we’re going to lose the fight. It’s waypoint time.

Of course, I don’t generally play spam 1 tag build so don’t ever see 5-10 bags around my corpse either…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Better: Give people an option (check-box in preferences) to auto-respawn on nearest unblocked Spawn.
Choosing this parameter should gurantee that you do not loose a bag.

Would help to:
* reduce the inactive, lying around waiting for the win that does not happen as they lie around
.* reduces the winner takes (revive) all.

PS: I was once lying beside my dropped Dawn in SM outer-ring, made it to get it with respawn.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

well… I’m not one to have romantic relationships with ants, but have you ever seen a corpse or unconcious person crawl to a chest of loot?
that’d be some serious Halloween skritt

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Isnt a serious issue in WvW to be honest. There is more important stuff.

Solution: Dont yolo, dont die.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Solution: respawn immediately and don’t wait around expecting a res. You’ll receive any bags that drop automatically once you respawn, just not the ones that dropped whilst you were laying dead on the floor.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

That’s why you should waypoint as soon as you are dead.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

Posted by: Przemyslaw.5891

Przemyslaw.5891

So, you are dead and your biggest problem is that your cannot loot bags? It’s a war not another pve fest ;P
PS: Thank you Anet for all those “pve bots” in WvW.

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

It’s there to discourage suicidal pug farmer.
Next time just try to stay alive and stay on tag.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Don’t die. Get revived. It’s not really an issue.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Well with white knighting like this, it’s no wonder wvw never gets quality of life updates.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Przemyslaw.5891

Przemyslaw.5891

There is a lot of things to change/rework in WvW and this “loot problem” is NOT update that WvW players waiting to be done in a first place.

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

This isn’t a quality of life issue. It is about you crying on the forums instead of waypointing. Mechanic working as intended.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Same issue I have with my sleep man. I hate sleeping, I can’t eat/drink/work/game when I am asleep. Dang why can’t I just be awake 24/7/365

Lahmia.2193

Well with white knighting like this, it’s no wonder wvw never gets quality of life updates.

Hardly. It’s clear that Anet wants people to waypoint if there isn’t a chance for their allies to res them immediately. I mean in the past they’ve added a 5minute death respawn timer and stopped allies from res’ing whilst in combat. If that isn’t a sign you should waypoint instead of hugging the dirt, whilst bags pile up around you, I don’t know what is.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not sure what’s the problem. That’s why you immediately respawn instead of lying there being useless.

You could also try not dying too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s there to discourage suicidal pug farmer.
Next time just try to stay alive and stay on tag.

Hey now, I got my start as a suicidal pug … Dive into the massive sea of red to break up their pre-combos; allies pile in, stomp, profit.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Don’t die. If you do, way point very quickly and get your loot. Pretty simple really.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I agree with the OP, but I don’t feel its that big of an issue.
If your team is winning the fight, hold out for a res. If you’re getting rolled over, waypoint quickly.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I like how everyone pointed out the logical workaround to avoid having your bags drop on the ground and not being able to pick them up even though I clearly stated at the top that I knew what the work around was. I also like that people started using real world logic to describe why a dead person cannot pick up things.

None of it addresses that when you tag something the reward should go in your inventory because it’s auto loot and it’s a game and it’s dumb that it doesn’t. I don’t care what the reason is that it doesn’t go into your inventory, it should go in your inventory because you tagged it.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Simple solution
Don’t die.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Offair.2563

If you really are that dissapointed about missing on loot, run some t4 fractals. One set of dailies will net you a full year of missed out loot.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Better: Give people an option (check-box in preferences) to auto-respawn on nearest unblocked Spawn.

Would help to:
* reduce the inactive, lying around waiting for the win that does not happen as they lie around

PS: I was once lying beside my dropped Dawn in SM outer-ring, made it to get it with respawn.

Auto loot has a max range. If you die before the loot drops (op’s lazy problem) then every loot that drops wont be picked and when you isnta respawn you want be able to loot it automatically. I also cant see how it wont reduce the inactves since i would just afk in keep.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Would help to:

Auto loot has a max range. If you die before the loot drops (op’s lazy problem) then every loot that drops wont be picked and when you isnta respawn you want be able to loot it automatically.

“Auto loot has a max range” I think this is irrelevant, the bags appear at your feet, and your feet are in auto-loot-range.

I also cant see how it wont reduce the inactves since i would just afk in keep.

Me not either, did I wrote it will affect living?

But I think it will reduce the number of people that do not respawn as are undecided, if they will be faster in action, by waiting for revive or by respawn.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Jayne.9251

I like how everyone pointed out the logical workaround to avoid having your bags drop on the ground and not being able to pick them up even though I clearly stated at the top that I knew what the work around was. I also like that people started using real world logic to describe why a dead person cannot pick up things.

None of it addresses that when you tag something the reward should go in your inventory because it’s auto loot and it’s a game and it’s dumb that it doesn’t. I don’t care what the reason is that it doesn’t go into your inventory, it should go in your inventory because you tagged it.

There’s a penalty in dying, just like pve. If you die before the boss goes down, you fail the raid.

They really should revert it back to a five minute decay. If you want that loot, you better hustle back and grab it before it disappears.

Honestly, at this point, it feels like you, OP, just want to fight over anything on the forums now.

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

There’s a penalty in dying, just like pve. If you die before the boss goes down, you fail the raid.

They really should revert it back to a five minute decay. If you want that loot, you better hustle back and grab it before it disappears.

Honestly, at this point, it feels like you, OP, just want to fight over anything on the forums now.

If only OP would PvF about population balance….but then again OP is on BG, which thinks that the population distribution is just fine.

Jayne.9251

If only OP would PvF about population balance….but then again OP is on BG, which thinks that the population distribution is just fine.

Bah pop balance is on the players. If they like boring steamrolls so be it. The smart folks will go to other tiers and spread out. But I’m a broken record on that.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

No just things that are dumb. There are numerous things.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Thats not white knighting..When youre dead you should not be able to collect loot…That should be kittening obvious.Thats the penalty of dying,so if you want your loot,dont die.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The loot-to-bags feature seems a bit inconsistent. I know that in WvW, as the OP says, loot does fall to the ground if one is dead. However, I seem to remember the game auto-depositing the chest that procs once you kill the Wyvern Patriarch in VB while dead (thought I could finish the cast on Meteor Shower, thought wrong). I’ve no idea whether loot that would drop from a regular mob in PvE auto-deposits when the character is dead.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Here’s an argument none of you thought of as to why the loot should just go directly in our inventory.

If I play a tanky front line build then I get to stand on the commander. That gives me stability, water fields, protection boons not to mention my defensive stats (vit + tough). This makes me much less prone to being pulled, singled out, and relatively immune to enemy zerg damage spikes. If you play front line defensive you will be one of the last to die in a zerg, because you will die around the same time the entire zerg wipes. If you die when the zerg wipes almost no ememy players will die, and thus no bags will appear at your corpse because no enemy players are dying anymore, completely negating this issue.

If I play backline dps and I have a very few defensive stats, you cannot really stay exactly on the commander tag. Even with all the buffs that I get from being on the tag, not having toughness or vitality on my armor makes me prone to damage spikes (which occur frequently). So if I decide to play backline, then I have to stand in the back and not on the tag. Now I can be singled out, pulled, or focus fired as I try to outmaneuver the enemy zerg. As a high damage dealer I tag lots of targets (and kill many as well) If however I die in the process, I get the situation as described above where bags fall at my feet when I am dead. As a backliner, I am prone to all these pitfalls that tankier builds are just not prone too.

In conclusion this mechanic is harmful to players who chose to play backline dps. As this situation (dying yourself and then having enemies you tagged die afterwards) will happen much more frequently with dps oriented builds.

could be easily fixed by all loot just going into your inventory no matter what.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

Offair.2563

OP please tell me what actions can you perform when dead beside pan your cam view and chat?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Its kind of a death penalty. If you choose to build without taking defense into consideration you are going to die more often. Not my first choice, but to each their own.

Survival is an important and integral part of success in WvW. If you choose to ignore it, you choose to accept the consequences for doing so.

You arent running a PvE full zerker glass build are you?

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

So….. Let me get this straight…..

You’re essentially running a PvE build, and not moving with the tag, laying there dead, and complaining about missing out on 3 spikes and blue shoulderpads?

If you’re running a full glass cannon build, you’re doing it wrong, even as a backline DPS.

If you’re not moving with the tag, and keeping them in front of you at all times, you’re doing it wrong. The tag is your meatshield, stay behind it.

If you’re not using your dodges, you’re doing it wrong. It prevents damage spikes.

If you’re running up to the enemy group, then stopping and stationary casting, you’re doing it wrong. Stay mobile and behind the tag. Dodge through their bombs, don’t stand there like a lump and catch them in the face.

If you do happen to go down but just lay there dead, you’re doing it wrong. You can’t be rezzed in combat. Respawn and run back.

If you’re playing a build that tags lots of targets, but are complaining that you’re missing out on the 3 spikes and green shoulderpads you’re not getting when you’re running a PvE build, positioning yourself poorly, not dodging, getting killed and then just laying there, you’re doing it wrong. Run a WvW build, improve your positioning, make good use of your dodge rolls and respawn the instant you go down.

This one is on you. You don’t get rewarded for playing poorly, and then pretending that you’re being oppressed. You’re not. You’re playing poorly. You’re not a victim of prejudice. You’re just not getting rewarded for failure. And you’ve failed on numerous fronts here. Furthermore, you’re playing a tagging build, which means you get tons of loot already. That 5 silver (at MOST) that you lose out on when you’re laying there on the ground isn’t going to make or break you. Respawning isn’t a work around. It’s the intended outcome. Stop complaining, respawn and run back, or make the adjustments you need to in order to stop being an easy kill in the first place. This really isn’t that hard.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

No I’m playing mauraders full ascended which is wvw meta for most backline builds. And this penalizes that directly.

Also if I glue myself to the tag or slightly behind it, I get downed from spike damage, this even happens if I swap some trinkets out with soldier stats. Doesn’t happen all of time but frequently enough, and I do use dodge rolls and good positioning, I got legend in spvp 2x’s

Survivability is much higher if I stay off the tag and at Max range from enemy zerg.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

No I’m playing mauraders full ascended which is wvw meta for most backline builds. And this penalizes that directly.

Also if I glue myself to the tag or slightly behind it, I get downed from spike damage, this even happens if I swap some trinkets out with soldier stats. Doesn’t happen all of time but frequently enough, and I do use dodge rolls and good positioning, I got legend in spvp 2x’s

Survivability is much higher if I stay off the tag and at Max range from enemy zerg.

Then, as I’ve been told before, its a positioning issue. Rotating with the Zerg, keeping them between me and the enemy is vital. S PvP is very different. Positioning for 5, is extremely different.

Or your Zerg is wiping.

Meta is there for people who can survive with it. If you’re dying in maurauders, tank up more. Throw in some soldiers or valks depending on your toon.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You’re essentially running a PvE build, and not moving with the tag, laying there dead, and complaining about missing out on 3 spikes and blue shoulderpads?

+99

The majority of wvw rewards DO NOT come from bags but from reward tracks and now the pip rewards. 250 loot bags is still only ~12 gold.

Being too lazy to WP is a plague in both PvE and WvW. The useless carcass gets in the way of ressing people that are downed and also puts people who don’t know any better about ressing down vs defeated in danger of getting killed themselves. Therefore that behavior may be permitted, but certainly not encouraged. Rightfully so. People like that who try to justify that need to GTFO of the game, so tolerance is already beyond our responsibility.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Lahmia.2193

+99

The majority of wvw rewards DO NOT come from bags but from reward tracks and now the pip rewards.

Being too lazy to WP is a plague in both PvE and WvW. That behavior is permitted, but certainly not encouraged. Rightfully so.

A lot of commander’s don’t bother resurrecting these peeps for that very reason. Some might say a harsh punishment but I say justified for their laziness.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

+99

The majority of wvw rewards DO NOT come from bags but from reward tracks and now the pip rewards. 250 loot bags is still only ~12 gold.

Being too lazy to WP is a plague in both PvE and WvW. The useless carcass gets in the way of ressing people that are downed and also puts people who don’t know any better about ressing down vs defeated in danger of getting killed themselves. Therefore that behavior may be permitted, but certainly not encouraged. Rightfully so. People like that who try to justify that need to GTFO of the game, so tolerance is already beyond our responsibility.

so apparently nobody dies in wvw or zerg fights according to you, and certainly not players with offensive stats as opposed to defensive. The same offensive stats which causes this situation of bags to drop on the ground when you die, BEFORE you can access your map and way point.

So apparently the solution is to never die (not going to happen) or just run full nomads and stay on the tag…. got it.

aka. “The Complainer”

Lahmia.2193

+99

so apparently nobody dies in wvw or zerg fights according to you, and certainly not players with offensive stats as opposed to defensive. The same offensive stats which causes this situation of bags to drop on the ground when you die, BEFORE you can access your map and way point.

So apparently the solution is to never die (not going to happen) or just run full nomads and stay on the tag…. got it.

People who learn to position themselves properly don’t die. And people who run full offense in a zerg really should take a few more defensive pieces/traits. Its incredibly unlikely that a load of bags will drop as soon as you die, since that would suggest your side is winning the fight. If it does happen then you’re just badly positioned and need to learn to get into a better position and/or revamp your build so you are more tanky. As a wise man once said “a dead zerker does no damage” and in this case gets no bags either.

Jayne.9251

+99

You can’t wear glass in WvW unless you really know how to predict zerg movement. Otherwise you’re about equal to a little brother tagging along asking “where we goin’ next? Huh? Huh?” tug, tug.

Get some alternative gear for WvW and you’ll notice a huge difference. Exotics are fine.