Auto Loot Needs to be Reworked

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BriarRose.5639

BriarRose.5639

We should have the option if we select auto loot that it would mean every drop goes into our backpacks. It is a waste of time to do the AoE and many of us miss out on the drops. What is even WORSE IS in WvW if u die in a huge battle and loot bags are laying there and u can’t get them, THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG ! We should have the option to not pick up loot, AoE loot or Auto Loot that automatically goes into your inventory, even if you die. This really needs to be fixed !!! PLEASE GIVE US THE CHOICE TO HOW WE WANT OUR LOOT ! Loot bags in WvW is the worst ever !!! We could miss out on a purcursor or dusk and when we fight for everthing, it should not just lay there and be unavailable to get ! Totally frustrated with how this works. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!!!!

BriarRose.5639

Well for all of you who look at this post, please at least support or not support to the proposed idea and not let this subject die without notice. k?

Posted by: UrbanEMP.2654

UrbanEMP.2654

The way you make your argument is very unprofessional and immature. Using capitals to make a point? Improper grammar? Acting like you’re shouting?
Maybe reformat your suggestion into a more mature format, and it’ll be taken with some consideration.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

+1 totally support this, never understood why they designed the auto loot this way, to me auto loot means everything goes directly into your inventory.

What would also be good, is to have an overflow loot bag system like in Lotro, so if ur bags are full while running a dungeon or w/ever it goes into this overflow bag and you can collect it once back in town.

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I don’t care.

Happy?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I remember a Dev on a post, sometime after launch talking about why the loot doesn’t go directly into inventory. Iirc they said that when your inventory completely filled up in this manner, you would either slow down drastically or come to a halt. That they felt this was undesirable in WvW to be fighting and get suddenly stalled in the middle of the fight. The compromise was to have the loot drop at your feet.

The post is long gone and I don’t have the source for it but I remember reading this on the forum.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

+1 totally support this, never understood why they designed the auto loot this way, to me auto loot means everything goes directly into your inventory.

What would also be good, is to have an overflow loot bag system like in Lotro, so if ur bags are full while running a dungeon or w/ever it goes into this overflow bag and you can collect it once back in town.

An overflow bag is no different than extra bag space, why should anyone get extra bag space under any condition? as it is the overflow bag system the way it is now is too generous.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

What is even WORSE IS in WvW if u die in a huge battle and loot bags are laying there and u can’t get them, THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG

A dead person not being able to loot is totally wrong? I dunno, seems pretty sensible to me.

ArenaNet has to draw the line somewhere, in terms of player convenience. I mean, they already let you deposit all collectibles and crafting materials remotely, which is basically unheard of in any other MMORPG. Gear repairs are now free. There are waypoints everywhere, so you don’t even have to run everywhere or wait 5-10 minutes for a bloody zeppelin ride to take you to the other side of the world. Traits can be reset any time you’re not in combat.
What incentive would there be to invest in larger bags, or buy additional bag/bank tabs in the gem store, if they allowed an infinite “overflow” bag? And if you picked up something you wanted to actually use, but it went into the “overflow” bag, you’d be complaining about your items being inaccessible. Any game needs some manner of gold/time sink. ArenaNet made their choices, and I think they made the right ones.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I can see your point OP. It’s frustrating to be laying there dead, near one of your unclaimed bags, not knowing it if’s a precusor or not.

It’s just a blue anyway…or a spike. Don’t stress about it.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Lotro has that overflow system probably only because bag space is very limited and there is no way to expand it.

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

Good loot shows up in the form of chest, you would know if you missed out on an exotic or rare.

In WVW all you have to do is turn on AOE loot and bind it to some key, you’ll autoloot any thing with the 900 range.at the click of a button, no further interaction necessary. You don’t need to stop, you don’t need to face it, you don’t have to stop killing stuff. Just hit the button.

Do you really need any more convenience than that? The could maybe add the ability to loot while dead, but there is no need to make stuff just magically jump into your bag without any input from the player.

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

The way you make your argument is very unprofessional and immature. Using capitals to make a point? Improper grammar? Acting like you’re shouting?
Maybe reformat your suggestion into a more mature format, and it’ll be taken with some consideration.

pretty much this.

i also want to add: dont scream “FIX” when things arent broken/bugged, but rather just not the way you want them to be.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I really don’t get what problem you’re describing. Can someone explain it properly?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I really don’t get what problem you’re describing. Can someone explain it properly?

OP does not like that you can’t collect your loot if you’re dead.

@OP: Collect loot even if the battle isn’t over. Just hit F every so often. Problem solved.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I don’t agree with OP.

This mechanic was introduced in lotro when RoR expansion went live I think it was and I don’t like that at all.
It will be good for farmers and it will make players just rush the game even more.
In lotro when I play my Rune-Keeper (OP Ranged class) I run through an area killing everything I see without stopping and get loot all the time. When I run through newbie zones I kill whatever is in my line of sight and gets loot and sometimes I get neat special keys. In PvP I tag as many enemies as possible with AoE’s and then I can go back to safety, sit back and rest and gain Millions of loot.

Also this overflow back Lotro has is stupid, I can go farm for an hour without having to go and sell… I just fill overflow bag and when I am done I sell, refill my bags from over flow, sell some more and over and over again. Overflow bag is in my opinion an extra super big bag and with this … why do we need more bags?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

This mechanic was introduced in lotro when RoR expansion went live I think it was and I don’t like that at all.

Yes, it came in RoR because they added mounted combat and with those mechanics it would be pretty hard and annoying to loot traditionally.

It is true that it feels a bit strange while on foot, but very convenient tho.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Listed as feature 48. Option to AoE auto-loot everything automatically (AoE-loot-on-kill) instead of AoE-loot-on-constantly-spamming-interact-key-and-ressing-or-talking-to-NPCs-instead. in this list.

I remember a Dev on a post, sometime after launch talking about why the loot doesn’t go directly into inventory. Iirc they said that when your inventory completely filled up in this manner, you would either slow down drastically or come to a halt. That they felt this was undesirable in WvW to be fighting and get suddenly stalled in the middle of the fight. The compromise was to have the loot drop at your feet.

Sounds like a very lame excuse to me at moment as you can have 8 of 20-slot bags, and anything you can’t loot should just make autoloot stop once the “encumbered” trigger is hit.

I bet people spamming F or another AoE-loot key every second in zergs contribute to skill lag much more than an auto-loot-on-kill system would’ve had.

20 level 80s and counting.

BriarRose.5639

Thank you for all responses, and sorry i didn’t make this seem more professional or grammer correct but it was just an idea to make game play faster according to how each player might wish to receive their loot.
1. Hit the F button to pick it up
2. Use the AoE option
3. Auto loot means everything goes into your pack even if you are dead in WvW.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Same. I want to click once and have it all sorta get sucked into my backpack visually LOL

Oh and OP don’t listen to the grammar nuts they just want to refute valid arguments for problems with the ui by making the poster seem inadequate or somehow vacuous. What matters simply is your point and you have a great one.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

I thought auto loot meant that when it dropped you automatically picked it up with out having to do anything. I know this is not the case. I also remember in GW1 you were able to get everything at the end of a dungeon I believe, then once you made space in your bags you could collect it all.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I may be missing the point of the OP, but every time I AoE auto-loot it goes into my bags.
If it doesn’t, I make space in my bags and do it again.