Auto Loot Sparkles...

Auto Loot Sparkles...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Just to be clear I am talking about the perk that comes with completing the Pact Commander Mastery and not the feature we had in game before that.

So before we had masteries and when an enemy dropped loot we would be notified by seeing it on the ground and it would have an upward sparkle like animation to make it really stand out to you.

Now with the Pact Commander Mastery, being that loot no longer drops on the ground there is no need for the sparkles. However Anet have now gone and placed those sparkles on our characters whenever enemies drop loot. I don’t find it that big of a thing in this situation, if anything I guess just something else to see.

However, it also happens when we are gathering from nodes and I find it distracting. I don’t know why I do, I just do lol. I guess perhaps because it kind of looks like it used to when we got a level up? Being all of my chars are lvl 80 now it just confused me at first. But now it’s, well annoying lol.

Yes this is a silly little thing and it is not a game breaker, but still. Being that Anet are now doing things to help with on screen visibility for combat and effects and such I thought this should also be one looked at. Please just give me a toggle to turn it off for gathering. Honestly I don’t need to see it for gathering or even in combat as I can see clearly I am getting my loot on the side of the screen.

Anyone else have issues with this minor thing?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah I’d rather not sparkle thank you very much, hopefully this is a bug/addressed before I get that far. >.<

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

It’s not intended, it’s a small bug that also happens to me even though I don’t have the Pact Mastery Autoloot

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ve never noticed this and I’ve had pact commander for like a week~ XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

got this mastery recently , I thought that the auto loot was only working on mobs .. but it also work on Big chest .. like world boss chests , dungeon chest , fractal chest .. i’m not talking about the bouncing chest but the ones who spawn on the wold map.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

got this mastery recently , I thought that the auto loot was only working on mobs .. but it also work on Big chest .. like world boss chests , dungeon chest , fractal chest .. i’m not talking about the bouncing chest but the ones who spawn on the wold map.

Careful with that though cuz chest that have animations of character opening them aren’t auto looted.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

At first I thought auto loot was trying to loot another player because that guy started to sparcle like my loot did before I got the mastery…

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve often obtained that sparkle, which I really like, throughout the years. I’m not sure it’s something that is/was implemented for the new auto-loot feature. I don’t have that Mastery, anyway. /shrug

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Careful with that though cuz chest that have animations of character opening them aren’t auto looted.

Of course ,, like the ones at the end of a jumping puzzle don’t work.

im still spaming ‘’ F ’’ .. its a old habit ;p

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Paulytnz.7619

Of course ,, like the ones at the end of a jumping puzzle don’t work.

im still spaming ‘’ F ’’ .. its a old habit ;p

Lol it took me a full day to break the habit of clicking C for my autoloot, I had it separate from F to make life easier.

Now I just dread going to WvW because I will have to spam it again and the habit will come back again.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I sparkle? I hadn’t noticed.

You’ll have to excuse me a moment…. my inner skritt is having a conniption…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Paulytnz.7619

Oh dear now I am seeing it on everyone else as well lol. Try farming the Elder trees in Malchor’s Leap and you see EVERYONE sparkling. I can bet you once this post is off the first few pages, in time more and more posts will be made by others moaning about this as more and more people unlock this feature.

Just wait until you are doing the daily events and you see the whole zerg/blob all sparkling. :P

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Paulytnz.7619

Okay I am now starting to believe this may be a bug or there is a bug related to it. I was just out in Malchor’s Leap at the Cypress tress when I noticed there was someone standing near the trees either afk or chatting. He was just there, not moving, certainly not cutting the trees or killing anything. The odd part? Every time I swung my flamethrower (yes flamethrower because Engi is still bugged when gathering…) I would sparkle as usual but not only that so would EVERYONE else around me including the guy who was afk a few steps away from the trees.

I went to mine some mith ore and there was a guy there gathering. He stopped swinging and didn’t move, sure enough as I gathered he sparkled as well.

Ps this is not an Engi only related issue it is the same for all of my chars. Yet Necro (or possibly Asura, not sure which as my Necro is Asura) has a special gathering bug all of their own but that’s for another post and probably in the bugs forum…

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Are we talking about these sparkles? I took this screenshot in June. It’s happened around on a few of my characters in a few different maps. It’s happened to me in SparkFly Fen several times and in Southsun Cove.

Attachments:

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Paulytnz.7619

Are we talking about these sparkles? I took this screenshot in June. It’s happened around on a few of my characters in a few different maps. It’s happened to me in SparkFly Fen several times and in Southsun Cove.

No it’s different to that. If you don’t have the Autoloot feature yet you should see loot drop on the ground with sparkles rising up from it. Just imagine that on your body.

If you do have Autoloot, just go and gather something and you will see it.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

No it’s different to that. If you don’t have the Autoloot feature yet you should see loot drop on the ground with sparkles rising up from it. Just imagine that on your body.

Her image shows exactly that O_O Are you seeing well sir? I have the autoloot ability and the picture shows exactly what happens lol

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

ANet is secretly turning you all into Vampires… just like Edward!

I have yet to see this in game. Does this only happen in the new zone or everywhere in game once you have the Pact Commander Mastery?

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Paulytnz.7619

Her image shows exactly that O_O Are you seeing well sir? I have the autoloot ability and the picture shows exactly what happens lol

I’m not too sure…..

1 – I’m tired lol.
2 – I don’t have my settings to that high due to crap graphics card.
3 – I’m also not seeing the white light in that pic which usually appears with the sparkles.
4 – How could this be the same if the pic was taken in June? Hot was not released, we did not have Autoloot then…

Either or, it’s still annoying. :P

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Paulytnz.7619

I have yet to see this in game. Does this only happen in the new zone or everywhere in game once you have the Pact Commander Mastery?

Everywhere, a good place to see it is out in Malchor’s leap at the Cypress trees. But maybe only those with the Autoloot perk can see it….

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Everywhere, a good place to see it is out in Malchor’s leap at the Cypress trees. But maybe only those with the Autoloot perk can see it….

I don’t have the perk yet. I will have to pay attention to higher level players looting stuff next time I play to see if I notice any of them sparkling.

Auto Loot Sparkles...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The picture shows the same sparkle I’ve been getting on my Asura (now that you mention it, I don’t think I see it on other characters/races) for the last couple of years. Same sparkles that show on loot. (I still love it.)

Again, I think it’s just an odd bug that may be showing up more with the new Auto-loot.