Auto Sale and Auto Salvage Features

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

Hello I would like to suggest a Auto sale Feature for loot items and auto salvage feature for blue yellow and green loot items

its pretty much as it says select what type of trash loot you want to auto sale or auto salvage and get rid of it automatically when you visit a merchant or when you have a salvage kit in your inventory

I usually play WvW so my bags get full a lot which is crappy when I’m running with a zerg and have to leave it to go empty my bags

and yes I do have maxed out bag slots

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

some junk is useful for turning into events/etc, and salvagable stuff can return such a wide variety of items that you’d need some 3-4* the amount of inventory space for each item you salvage in your inventory.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Definitely a NO to an auto-sale. The closest I personally would want is a game-wide setting at merchants that would let me set certain item categories (based on what’s in your inventory) so that they’re treated as junk. That way I could set minor sigils and runes, as an example, as a “junk” category for me, and when I press sell junk, that stuff sells too.

For the auto-salvage stuff, only via context menu for individual kits. Though I would prefer if it was something like “XXXXX only” or “XXXXX and lower” for the options.

Budman.2934

Definitely a NO to an auto-sale. The closest I personally would want is a game-wide setting at merchants that would let me set certain item categories (based on what’s in your inventory) so that they’re treated as junk. That way I could set minor sigils and runes, as an example, as a “junk” category for me, and when I press sell junk, that stuff sells too.

For the auto-salvage stuff, only via context menu for individual kits. Though I would prefer if it was something like “XXXXX only” or “XXXXX and lower” for the options.

my proposed idea of it is that you select what you want to auto sale and what you want to Salvage and if you don’t want to sale it or salvage it then you don’t select it for that to be done a simple check box item I used to design games on Steam and its just a quick 45 min program if you know how to do it

Budman.2934

I can agree a junk setting for items would help out a lot to it saves time instead of individually selecting one item at a time to sell which is time consuming and is very dull

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Did you know….before account wardrobe and salvage changes. you could salvage Rox’s Bow. Not too long ago, I had to buy invisible bags so my spare asc weapons wouldn’t show up as sellable when I visited a merchant.

Did you also know that if you happen to salvage Rox’s bow, the only way to get it back was to wait for it to be offered again on the TP.

Im not saying auto sell and auto salvage isn’t a good idea, I’m saying think about all the potential for customer error and the backlog of support tickets.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I thought we were getting car mounts.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would like the ability to destroy minor sigils by stomping on them.

Those things have my eternal hate.

But yea, “salvage all greens and blues” would be nice, as well as customizable vendoring.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Budman.2934

Did you know….before account wardrobe and salvage changes. you could salvage Rox’s Bow. Not too long ago, I had to buy invisible bags so my spare asc weapons wouldn’t show up as sellable when I visited a merchant.

Did you also know that if you happen to salvage Rox’s bow, the only way to get it back was to wait for it to be offered again on the TP.

Im not saying auto sell and auto salvage isn’t a good idea, I’m saying think about all the potential for customer error and the backlog of support tickets.

I agree but there are already safeguards in place for black lion consumables

(edited by Budman.2934)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Do you always want a game to stop becoming better for the majority of players in regard of clearly adding useful mechanics that would massively reduce the clicking spam in this game, because of the stupidity of some single individuals that are too incompetent to look first what they do, before they do something /facepalm????

PS. also as it has been said, such functions can be easily designed to get programable in such a way, that they automaticalyl do somethign for you also only, when you have chosen specific things in the game first to be affected at al by the automatics, by simple activatign/deactivatign via check box, if somethign should get auto sold/salvaged for you, or not.

So if you just want to make sure that somethign doesnt get accidently auto salvaged/sol,d you simply must not check the box to activate the automatics for the items that you don#t want to see gettign auto sold/salvaged.

Add with this also a Reset Function in the Options menu that when you click it, automatically resets all your active automatics to deactive, so that you have to setup manually again first, which items should get specificly affected by the automatics.
This way would players have a quick way to make sure, that nothing gets automatically done without that the player wants it, when there is a way where the player can reset all automatics with 1 single click from the options menu.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Budman.2934

Do you always want a game to stop becoming better for the majority of players in regard of clearly adding useful mechanics that would massively reduce the clicking spam in this game, because of the stupidity of some single individuals that are too incompetent to look first what they do, before they do something /facepalm????

PS. also as it has been said, such functions can be easily designed to get programable in such a way, that they automaticalyl do somethign for you also only, when you have chosen specific things in the game first to be affected at al by the automatics, by simple activatign/deactivatign via check box, if somethign should get auto sold/salvaged for you, or not.

So if you just want to make sure that somethign doesnt get accidently auto salvaged/sol,d you simply must not check the box to activate the automatics for the items that you don#t want to see gettign auto sold/salvaged.

Add with this also a Reset Function in the Options menu that when you click it, automatically resets all your active automatics to deactive, so that you have to setup manually again first, which items should get specificly affected by the automatics.
This way would players have a quick way to make sure, that nothing gets automatically done without that the player wants it, when there is a way where the player can reset all automatics with 1 single click from the options menu.

couldn’t of said it better myself

Posted by: Azelia.6732

Azelia.6732

Here’s a thought have it so the salvage kit you use can mass salvage only the items of the same color. So the blue kit only mass salvages blue items and the green one green items. They could set up with a right click like the luck has now for consume all. You right click and select salvage all and all the items the same color as that kit would be salvaged.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

:) I never said that I was the one that accidentally salvaged that item, I said it was possible to do it at one time and there was no recourse to the error, and with functionality like this, the “stupidy” of everyone could increase 10 fold.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The better option is to create a bag that automatically empties when you visit a merchant and specifically tries to take on junk and anything less than rare that you pick up first. It’s like any of the other types of bags, I.E. weapon or oiled, only it automatically empties at a vendor every time of its contents.

Since the buyback feature trades at the same value there’s no real risk of loss unless one forgets.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

But human error and increase in support tickets due to said human error is something that ANet would take into consideration before implementing such a feature.

And players would accidentally set up the system wrong due to mouse clicking errors or not realizing that a certain item counted as X item type. And how do you make sure holiday items don’t get caught up in this or special event items don’t get caught up in this despite probably falling into the same categories as junk items?

Budman.2934

But human error and increase in support tickets due to said human error is something that ANet would take into consideration before implementing such a feature.

And players would accidentally set up the system wrong due to mouse clicking errors or not realizing that a certain item counted as X item type. And how do you make sure holiday items don’t get caught up in this or special event items don’t get caught up in this despite probably falling into the same categories as junk items?

people mess up making there first toon people make mistakes when playing WvW, People make mistakes throwing there items into the mystic forge people make mistakes regardless of what happens what the system would do it is exactly what is already explained if someone makes a mistake it will happen regardless of how many safety protocols are in place I used to be military and people were told not to stick there hands where they weren’t supposed to and they either lost it or learned a valuable lesion from it MISTAKES WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN

I understand your point but your logic is why make a GW2 living story this year if there might be a bug in which the game has to be patched and someone loses a item on there account which they could retrieve later…which has happend before and had been addressed very quickly and positively by anet staff

the system in process help to save time instead of clicking for hours on end to sory bags with crappy greens and blues.

also by the by people set up there pvp builds wrong sometimes before they go into a pvp match should this be addressed aswell or should we actually just let people learn from there mistakes?

Budman.2934

The better option is to create a bag that automatically empties when you visit a merchant and specifically tries to take on junk and anything less than rare that you pick up first. It’s like any of the other types of bags, I.E. weapon or oiled, only it automatically empties at a vendor every time of its contents.

Since the buyback feature trades at the same value there’s no real risk of loss unless one forgets.

auto sale green and blue armor and wep bag would be interesting but that still would require sorting through the bags as to what to place in there

Budman.2934

Here’s a thought have it so the salvage kit you use can mass salvage only the items of the same color. So the blue kit only mass salvages blue items and the green one green items. They could set up with a right click like the luck has now for consume all. You right click and select salvage all and all the items the same color as that kit would be salvaged.

I could go for that mass salvage on all like items

Seera.5916

people mess up making there first toon people make mistakes when playing WvW, People make mistakes throwing there items into the mystic forge people make mistakes regardless of what happens what the system would do it is exactly what is already explained if someone makes a mistake it will happen regardless of how many safety protocols are in place I used to be military and people were told not to stick there hands where they weren’t supposed to and they either lost it or learned a valuable lesion from it MISTAKES WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN

I understand your point but your logic is why make a GW2 living story this year if there might be a bug in which the game has to be patched and someone loses a item on there account which they could retrieve later…which has happend before and had been addressed very quickly and positively by anet staff

the system in process help to save time instead of clicking for hours on end to sory bags with crappy greens and blues.

also by the by people set up there pvp builds wrong sometimes before they go into a pvp match should this be addressed aswell or should we actually just let people learn from there mistakes?

And did you happen to miss where I said that the fact that mistakes happen is something that ANet has to factor into whether or not to implement it? Because those people who make mistakes will write support tickets. Which only makes the time it take to fix other issues longer because more tickets on average get created.

I’d likely use the feature if it was added, but I’m not desperate for this feature.

Whether or not the benefits would outweigh the cons of implementing it (the time spent on creating it, the increase in number of tickets) is likely something only ANet can decide on.

My response was a reply to someone who was, to me, saying that people making mistakes shouldn’t be taken into consideration when deciding on implementing this or not. And the fact that mistakes will happen is something that ANet would need to consider.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I think an auto sell and salavage feature should be a hard mastery to unlock.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I would like the ability to destroy minor sigils by stomping on them.

Those things have my eternal hate.

But yea, “salvage all greens and blues” would be nice, as well as customizable vendoring.

I completly agree, you cant do anything with them and you get way to many of them, no thank you!

Budman.2934

And did you happen to miss where I said that the fact that mistakes happen is something that ANet has to factor into whether or not to implement it? Because those people who make mistakes will write support tickets. Which only makes the time it take to fix other issues longer because more tickets on average get created.

I’d likely use the feature if it was added, but I’m not desperate for this feature.

Whether or not the benefits would outweigh the cons of implementing it (the time spent on creating it, the increase in number of tickets) is likely something only ANet can decide on.

My response was a reply to someone who was, to me, saying that people making mistakes shouldn’t be taken into consideration when deciding on implementing this or not. And the fact that mistakes will happen is something that ANet would need to consider.

I understand but that is something that is already known. this topic of the conversation is about the suggested feature and how it would overall improve the gaming experience for selling items, the feature may or may not be added to the game. does depend entirely on Anet giving a nod to it. but negative feedback about how it would cause people problems because they make a mistake about selling or salvaging an item is not Feedback that is constructive rather destructive there have been a few posts on ideas about a better system then what I originally suggested

if you happen to have a better idea on what should be implemented please share
I only posted this idea to better the game as a whole if its added great if not then ill think of something else that could possibly help the game, I have been playing since beta and only recently seen anet add changes to the game based off player feeback hence this post.

Seera.5916

I understand but that is something that is already known. this topic of the conversation is about the suggested feature and how it would overall improve the gaming experience for selling items, the feature may or may not be added to the game. does depend entirely on Anet giving a nod to it. but negative feedback about how it would cause people problems because they make a mistake about selling or salvaging an item is not Feedback that is constructive rather destructive there have been a few posts on ideas about a better system then what I originally suggested

if you happen to have a better idea on what should be implemented please share
I only posted this idea to better the game as a whole if its added great if not then ill think of something else that could possibly help the game, I have been playing since beta and only recently seen anet add changes to the game based off player feeback hence this post.

Last time I checked, mentioning that ANet would have to weigh the benefits of the suggestion to the cons is constructive feedback.

I have no issues with ANet saying that the benefits of your suggestion outweigh the cons and they run with it. But people harping on others for mentioning potential problems associated with your suggestion is destructive. So maybe you need to direct that do not post destructive feedback comment to Orpheal.

So a solution to “mistakes” issue is to make sure there a variety of options. Green weapons and green armor instead of just green items. Having auto sell items go to the buyback list with vendors is another solution.

Another potential problem is how to handle players who prefer to level up characters the old fashioned way and have some characters they want the auto sell/salvage on but not on others. How do you make it not tedious to switch settings so that someone who was playing on their level 80 doesn’t switch to their level 29 and lose the level 30 green items they’ve been saving for when their character hits the next level?

Budman.2934

So a solution to “mistakes” issue is to make sure there a variety of options. Green weapons and green armor instead of just green items. Having auto sell items go to the buyback list with vendors is another solution.

Another potential problem is how to handle players who prefer to level up characters the old fashioned way and have some characters they want the auto sell/salvage on but not on others. How do you make it not tedious to switch settings so that someone who was playing on their level 80 doesn’t switch to their level 29 and lose the level 30 green items they’ve been saving for when their character hits the next level?[/quote]

my knowledge on lvling up a new toon is that the player already has an armor set ready for the new toon for when they lvl it up or use tomes of knowledge to get them to lvl 80 quite quickly anet has expressed a distinct desire to skip lower lvl content as max lvl players tend to be the Key focus of there attention

if the said player does not fit into that category where they are already prepared for a new toon then I can see the greens and blues as a problem which could be fixed quite easly with a lvl 80 cap on using the feature kind of like the lvl cap for WvW but for all low lvl toons

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

auto sale green and blue armor and wep bag would be interesting but that still would require sorting through the bags as to what to place in there

I do not think there is any method which is truly “hands off”. I just think this is the greatest marriage between the two worlds since you don’t want heavy development going towards this but you also sort of want the service.

Seera.5916

Another potential problem is how to handle players who prefer to level up characters the old fashioned way and have some characters they want the auto sell/salvage on but not on others. How do you make it not tedious to switch settings so that someone who was playing on their level 80 doesn’t switch to their level 29 and lose the level 30 green items they’ve been saving for when their character hits the next level?

my knowledge on lvling up a new toon is that the player already has an armor set ready for the new toon for when they lvl it up or use tomes of knowledge to get them to lvl 80 quite quickly anet has expressed a distinct desire to skip lower lvl content as max lvl players tend to be the Key focus of there attention

if the said player does not fit into that category where they are already prepared for a new toon then I can see the greens and blues as a problem which could be fixed quite easly with a lvl 80 cap on using the feature kind of like the lvl cap for WvW but for all low lvl toons

Not all players like to tome their characters up. Some enjoy actually playing the game to level their character up. ANet has to keep those players in mind when implementing new features. They also have to keep in mind brand new players who won’t have tomes to give to their characters and will likely have to rely on drops or cheap greens and blues until they get enough gold to do otherwise.

A level cap for which characters it would work on would likely be the best solution. So it would likely be around level 60 (or whatever level it takes to be fully equipped with the next level up). And it be a per character. So the player with some level 80’s and some low level characters can use it on their level 80’s but not have to worry about turning off the auto sell/salvage before going to his low level characters.

Thankfully salvaging armor and weapons unlocks the skin so players getting unique skins they haven’t received before that are greens and blues won’t mean the player doesn’t get the skin just because they have auto salvage on. The non-salvagleable armor also tends to not be sellable. But I would also put any armor that is sellable but not salvageable on a list of items that are not auto sellable so that players can get the skin if they want it (the list of these items should not be so huge that it causes an inventory problem for the majority of players).

Added onto this system could be an auto-consume. So I can auto-consume any luck I get. I don’t craft them to make them higher levels. And I want to auto consume transmutation charges.

The other concern is the toll this system would take on processing. It would have to constantly keep tabs on what levels of items are in your bag and compare it to your settings and then salvage them and then compare what’s salvaged to the sell list and sell the requisite items. Even if it didn’t have any settings it would still have to do a check to make sure you don’t have any green/blue items periodically. That’s a lot of processing power. How will that affect the multitude of players who are already affected by lag?

(edited by Seera.5916)

Budman.2934

Not all players like to tome their characters up. Some enjoy actually playing the game to level their character up. ANet has to keep those players in mind when implementing new features. They also have to keep in mind brand new players who won’t have tomes to give to their characters and will likely have to rely on drops or cheap greens and blues until they get enough gold to do otherwise.

A level cap for which characters it would work on would likely be the best solution. So it would likely be around level 60 (or whatever level it takes to be fully equipped with the next level up). And it be a per character. So the player with some level 80’s and some low level characters can use it on their level 80’s but not have to worry about turning off the auto sell/salvage before going to his low level characters.

Thankfully salvaging armor and weapons unlocks the skin so players getting unique skins they haven’t received before that are greens and blues won’t mean the player doesn’t get the skin just because they have auto salvage on. The non-salvagleable armor also tends to not be sellable. But I would also put any armor that is sellable but not salvageable on a list of items that are not auto sellable so that players can get the skin if they want it (the list of these items should not be so huge that it causes an inventory problem for the majority of players).

Added onto this system could be an auto-consume. So I can auto-consume any luck I get. I don’t craft them to make them higher levels. And I want to auto consume transmutation charges.

The other concern is the toll this system would take on processing. It would have to constantly keep tabs on what levels of items are in your bag and compare it to your settings and then salvage them and then compare what’s salvaged to the sell list and sell the requisite items. Even if it didn’t have any settings it would still have to do a check to make sure you don’t have any green/blue items periodically. That’s a lot of processing power. How will that affect the multitude of players who are already affected by lag?

I can see an auto consume system in place for luck and other things they already have it for liquid World XP in WvW

but that is another subject