Opinion: I think automatically upgrading Legendaries is unfair

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LonelyReaper.8075

LonelyReaper.8075

By having legendary automatically upgrade it stats with implementation of new tier gear is unfair. With the RNG and botched one time event loot of precursor, player that have legendary done earlier will now need to invest less effort for new gear and in ways gain more time and money on other stuff. This makes it unfair for most of the players without it made yet.

Legendary should have their stats upgraded with each new tier by having the players to farm the same new tier weapon and then have the players to gift the legendary and the new tier weapon for a better than new tier weapon legendary. Example a new dungeon as give A token for ascended weapon, and it takes 320 dungeon A token to get the new tier single-handed weapon, to get a better than ascended stats legendary, the player have to trade in a 320 dungeon token single-handed weapon with the legendary to Mystic forge for a new legendary that is better than the new ascended weapon.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Legendaries take such a ridiculously insane investment that it would be unfair to NOT auto-upgrade them.

And no I don’t have any legendaries myself.

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

Legendaries take such a ridiculously insane investment that it would be unfair to NOT auto-upgrade them.

I’m with you, and also don’t have a legendary. That amount of time/money investment into the game/gem store would be unfair if it stayed put stat’s wise.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I’m with you, and also don’t have a legendary. That amount of time/money investment into the game/gem store would be unfair if it stayed put stat’s wise.

didn’t people grind these Legendaries knowing they wouldn’t be upgraded? Didn’t a lot of people want these Legendaries even before anyone mentioned they were going to be buffed?

Answer is yes, my question is why would they buff an item there has already shown to be a huge demand for?

LonelyReaper.8075

yeah and u still have ur legendary. It what anet boasted show off your effort and skill (+90% luck) to get your legendary. But now you don’t have to upgrade your weapon each new tier but everyone else that doesn’t have it need to have they will also have to spend that time and effort getting their legendary.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I agree 1000% and I don’t have a legendary either.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Is it just me, or does the OP make zero sense at all?

If it takes A,B,C, and D to get Legendary (Item), and it gets upgraded automatically later on. Then a new person comes in and wants the same legendary, so he does the same A,B,C,and D, and his legendary is already the same version of the person who’s legendary was auto upgraded, how exactly is that unfair?

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Auto upgrade doesn’t make any sense considering there’s this thing called bank slots and transmute stones… Use them if you really want to keep your legendary “up to date”

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

this^^

Agreeing with this too (also no legendary here)
Legendaries was also set up to be the best ever, it is supposed to show extrodinarily much work and investment into the game. If they suddenly were not the best, that would be void.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I’m a little confused. Are Legendaries getting auto leveled or is the OP wanting them to be auto leveled.

Pants.8315

this^^

Legendaries was also set up to be the best ever, it is supposed to show extrodinarily much work and investment into the game. If they suddenly were not the best, that would be void.

Exactly, they are meant to be best in slot.

This implies that they are both visually best in slot as well as in line with the best in slot weaponry.

Pants.8315

I’m a little confused. Are Legendaries getting auto leveled or is the OP wanting them to be auto leveled.

Legendary items will be auto-leveled when Ascended weaponry is added to the game.

“You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.”

Source.

OP is complaining that it is being updated.

LonelyReaper.8075

By having legendary automatically upgrade it stats with implementation of new tier gear is unfair. With the RNG and botched one time event loot of precursor, player that have legendary done earlier will now need to invest less effort for new gear and in ways gain more time and money on other stuff. This makes it unfair for most of the players without it made yet.

Legendary should have their stats upgraded with each new tier by having the players to farm the same new tier weapon and then have the players to gift the legendary and the new tier weapon for a better than new tier weapon legendary. Example a new dungeon as give A token for ascended weapon, and it takes 320 dungeon A token to get the new tier single-handed weapon, to get a better than ascended stats legendary, the player have to trade in a 320 dungeon token single-handed weapon with the legendary to Mystic forge for a new legendary that is better than the new ascended weapon.

Life is unfair, so are MMO’s, so stop crying about everything. So sick of all the whining. Don’t like it? Take a break from the game and go play something else.

i am sure u play this game for fun, i am paying for the game i play, same for everyone here. Would u go to a restaurant and pay only to be serve a smaller serving than your neighboring table? One more thing, this is not life , it a game.

eisberg.2379

The whole OP makes zero sense. For some reason he thinks that someone doing A,B,C, and D for a legendary and then auto upgraded is unfair for the new person who does the same exact A,B,C,and D and gets the already upgraded legendary. /shrug

eisberg.2379

Life is unfair, so are MMO’s, so stop crying about everything. So sick of all the whining. Don’t like it? Take a break from the game and go play something else.

i am sure u play this game for fun, i am paying for the game i play, same for everyone here. Would u go to a restaurant and pay only to be serve a smaller serving than your neighboring table? One more thing, this is not life , it a game.

But that is not what is happening at all. You do A,B,C,and D and you get the same legendary as someone who did A,B,C, and D long before you. How is that unfair. Seriously, your OP makes zero sense.

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

Have you noticed how people have been complaining about a Gear Treadmill that ANet said they wanted to Avoid? Ascended gear is a new tier of gear that is suposed to be between Exotic and Ledgendary. Ledgendary gear has always been intended to be the highest end gear in the game. Currently only Ledgendary weapons are available but eventualy they plan to implement other Ledgendary equipment pieces.

If they didn’t buff up the stats on Ledgendary Weapons with the addition of Ascended gear, then the Ledgendary Weapon’s wouldn’t be the best, and as I just stated, Ledgendary gear is suposed to be the best.

The Ledgendary weapons arn’t so much being Auto Leveled as they are recieveing a buff to make them better then the new tier that is suposed to be weaker then them.

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

I hope you realise a precurser alone is a far shot from a legendary. The materials alone for the dreamer right now cost around 300gold not to mention over 300 skillpoints, full map exploration and 500 badges of honour.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Have you noticed how people have been complaining about a Gear Treadmill that ANet said they wanted to Avoid? Ascended gear is a new tier of gear that is suposed to be between Exotic and Ledgendary. Ledgendary gear has always been intended to be the highest end gear in the game. Currently only Ledgendary weapons are available but eventualy they plan to implement other Ledgendary equipment pieces.

If they didn’t buff up the stats on Ledgendary Weapons with the addition of Ascended gear, then the Ledgendary Weapon’s wouldn’t be the best, and as I just stated, Ledgendary gear is suposed to be the best.

The Ledgendary weapons arn’t so much being Auto Leveled as they are recieveing a buff to make them better then the new tier that is suposed to be weaker then them.

There are really two different problems here. Obtaining a legendary weapon legitimately is such an enormous amount of work that it really needs to be “best-in-slot”. To invalidate the efforts in acquiring one would be a serious mistake. And, up until now they have been optional because there are other ways of getting equipment that is equally as powerful, although perhaps not as unique looking.

However, if you go that route and then continue to insert new tiers of equipment, and then keep buffing legendary weapons so they remain best-in-slot, what the developers are essentially doing is moving legendary equipment further from optional and closer to mandatory. Because, now owning legendary equipment is your only way of making yourself immune to power-creep.

Now, owning a legendary weapon may not have been a priority for all us, but not having to deal with power-creep is one of the main reasons many of us dove into GW2. The fact that we now have to own a legendary weapon to combat the change in design philosophy is stupidly discouraging.

(edited by Edge.4180)

Posted by: Logan Mesca.9213

Logan Mesca.9213

Edge hit the nail on the head. Legendaries are the only way to get inflation proof gear at this point. Their price is gonna skyrocket even further. Really the people with legendary weps are the ones that caused this patch. They deserve the same kick in the balls that everyone else got.

LonelyReaper.8075

There are really two different problems here. Obtaining a legendary weapon legitimately is such an enormous amount of work that it really needs to be “best-in-slot”. To invalidate the efforts in acquiring one would be a serious mistake. And, up until now they have been optional because there are other ways of getting equipment that is equally as powerful, although perhaps not as unique looking.

However, if you go that route and then continue to insert new tiers of equipment, and then keep buffing legendary weapons so they remain best-in-slot, what the developers are essentially doing is moving legendary equipment further from optional and closer to mandatory. Because, now owning legendary equipment is your only way of making yourself immune to power-creep.

Now, owning a legendary weapon may not have been a priority for all us, but not having to deal with power-creep is one of the main reasons many of us dove into GW2. The fact that we now have to own a legendary weapon to combat the change in design philosophy is stupidly discouraging.

^ that what i am heading for.

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

Let me boil this down to what you really want to say.

It chaps your backside that people have a legendary and they should have to start over getting them because you don’t have one and don’t want anyone else to have one.

Congrats, you made the ignore list, but you have upgraded stats, where as your fellow travelers who made the list before you do not…so you kind of got what you wanted and deserved. OUTSANDING! You found a new way to win.

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

this^^

Actually, there is not another game that I can think of all the way back to EQ1 that actually autoleveled any weapons or armor just because it was legendary or top tier. New items come out, they make old ones obsolete.

I don’t care either way to be honest, but in every other game, these items take tons of work and they become obsolete there as well.

LonelyReaper.8075

Let me boil this down to what you really want to say.

It chaps your backside that people have a legendary and they should have to start over getting them because you don’t have one and don’t want anyone else to have one.

Congrats, you made the ignore list, but you have upgraded stats, where as your fellow travelers who made the list before you do not…so you kind of got what you wanted and deserved. OUTSANDING! You found a new way to win.

read the top some1 posted a more better statement, Edge. Read that and stop coming to atk me on something u are not interested in discussing.

LonelyReaper.8075

@Grey Warden: i didn’t ask dev to make player remake their legendary, but instead asking them to make players upgrade their legendary every time a new tier comes simply like every other players upgrades their weapons. new weapon + old legendary to become a better legendary by using the mystic forge.

Posted by: John Lucier.5486

John Lucier.5486

Yea they are taking the WoW locust route again. “Hey lets auto level the Legendaries that 99.9999% people with them, bought gold from gold farmers to acquire and/ or got EXTREMELY lucky”

Makes perfect sense to me, and here I thought people got the legendaries for the skins alone, the skins which was the only gear progression the game was promised as being.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

They had to raise the stats on legendaries op.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Alucielyse.4791

Alucielyse.4791

More butt hurt people about Legendary weapons and scaling. Regardless of how they got their Legendary, luck or saving the gold to buy one, they still took the time to gather all the other materials needed, leveled the professions needed and then made it. Stop complaining about it because you don’t have one, because we all know if you did you wouldn’t be here whining about it.

-From someone that doesn’t have a legendary.

Zaelith

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

There’s just not enough legendary weapons around to raise much fuss about one way or the other.

Of course, players could skin their legendary onto a new weapon when gear levels rise. But what difference does it make?

This strikes me similar to the concerns about some wealthy people not paying as high tax rate as normal middle-class. Unfair? Judge for yourself. But there’s sooo few people in that nose-bleed section that it really doesn’t matter in terms of the economy. Same with legendary weapons. Few people have them and no one’s walking around with a bag full.

Posted by: DegoLocc.5976

DegoLocc.5976

Life is unfair.

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

didn’t people grind these Legendaries knowing they wouldn’t be upgraded?

No.
They were the best gear. The concept of “upgrading” did not exist.
Therefore absolutely no one knew if they would or would not be upgraded.

(I don’t have one myself, it’s a ridiculous amount of work I can’t be bothered to do.)

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I agree it is unfair. This game is about grinding now. Let the legendaries stay equal to exotics. You got one too bad – way it goes. Things change it is an evolving MMO from what I see on the forums.
You want the new legendary with ascend stats – go do the grind again.
Simple to me really -that way there is always something for you to do.