AutoClicker Macro Legal Still?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

There used to be a post at this link affirming it here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

I’m wondering why the post was removed. Is it still legal to use auto clicker macro for clicking luck and salvaging?

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

The last thing I’ve heard was that macro’s are only allowed when it doesn’t give any kind of advantage. a macro should only have 1 action / skill / click per use.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

So is using a macro to click stacks of luck legal?

Guardian of Angels.9867

a macro should only have 1 action / skill / click per use.

So if you select Macro: Autoclicker and hit F1 to start. it’s allowed to click 1 time for everytime you hit F1

If autoclicker clicks 2+ times for everytime you hit F1, it’s not allowed

aka Holy Blood Guardian

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Um, why not just refine the luck, and then use the keyboard (Windows settings) to click? Tapping/holding a key seems to be a lot faster than on an actual mouse.

Assuming you’re on Windows 8…
https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/using-your-keyboard-to-control-the-mouse-windows-8-1/

Give it a shot. Back in MapleStory days, I had beaten a lot of auto-clickers trying to get into the same dungeon as me using this trick…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

and if you look at #4 you can see auto-clickers are not allowed. Never have been allowed.

Now the likeliness that you’ll get banded for using on is probably pretty low.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

and if you look at #4 you can see auto-clickers are not allowed. Never have been allowed.

Now the likeliness that you’ll get banded for using on is probably pretty low.

Most autoclickers require you to have your mouse pointer hovered over the item that you want to autoclick, so they dont enable you to play elsewhere.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

That post is kind of misleading because its unclear.There’s a lot I would love some clarification from ANet on.

“Does this program allow someone to play faster, better, longer, or more accurately than someone who doesn’t use it?”
“Does this program allow someone to ‘play’ when he/she is not at the computer?”
“Does this program allow the user to gain undeserved rewards?”

With a clicker, all answers are no.

1. Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.

A function being using 1 should only use Spell 1. That is a single function regardless of the number of times the action is repeated. You cannot have it set so pressing 1 key will cast Spell 1 and then 2. So using once performs one action (click) but repeatedly.

2. For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
So if I have a macro that just performs the click action and not keys 2 and 3, it is okay

4. You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.
With “auto-clickers” you still have to be actively playing and in control of the mouse. If they are illegal wish they would just say " no auto-clickers " because the way they word it is confusing.
And if they are illegal then ANet needs to stop shoving stacks down our throats and give us a “Consume All” option.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Guardian of Angels.9867

“Does this program allow someone to play faster ?”.

Very first question:
Yes, autoclicker vs human clicking is faster – aka players who use autoclicker are done faster.

Besides that, 1 click = 1 function, 2 click = 2 functions. aka not allowed.

aka Holy Blood Guardian

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A macro to spam clicks is technically against the rules, however, it is likely not something they will ban you for. They recently allowed the use of macros to automate instruments and if they’re not going to ban for that, they’re not going to ban for this.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

“Does this program allow someone to play faster ?”.

Very first question:
Yes, autoclicker vs human clicking is faster – aka players who use autoclicker are done faster.

Besides that, 1 click = 1 function, 2 click = 2 functions. aka not allowed.

Maybe, but is just being logged in considered playing? Im not moving, attacking, or doing anything faster that would give me any sort of edge of anyone. And one click is one function. 2 clicks is one function with repeated action. One click plus skill 2 is 2 functions

Finish the statement too, dont cut it off. " Your sister will die tomorrow…" or “your sister will die tomorrow if she walks off a cliff.” really changes the meaning of the sentence.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

From a health stand point, auto-clickers should absolutely be allowed for opening/using stacks in the inventory. From a green standpoint, considering that my mouse and keyboard are already getting well worn in a year say’s a lot about how clicky this game is. This Wintersday patch is crazy clicky!

I believe what Anet is against is automating skill rotations in PvP mostly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I believe it’s a grey area that they purposefully haven’t stated their stance. I expect they leave it vague in case someone finds a way to abuse it that goes beyond what we are talking about here (such as using one to place 4,000,000 buy orders in a few seconds)
They have said it’s definitely against the rules to use something that opens bags while you are doing something else, such as fighting.
But if you use something that opens bags while you are unable to do anything else, that is what people generally think of when they say ‘autoclicker’, which Anet hasn’t said anything about.
Personally, I don’t see the harm in that (and I expect they wouldn’t take action against you if that’s all you do). There isn’t much effective difference between a program that clicks your mouse 500 times in 2 minutes and keybinding click to a key and just holding the key down. Bags should already have a right-click/‘open all’ option IMO. Just so long as the program doesn’t raise your ability to do things above what you would normally be able to do (meaning it just saves you from tendonitis or having to buy new mice all the time – so no opening a full stack every second or having it run for hours while you watch a movie).

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Well some players openly admit to using auto clickers and they are not banned. So there’s that. It would be quite a double standard for them to ban some and not others over the same thing.

ps..I’m not advocating it…just noting what is observable

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We have never approved the use of auto-clickers. The policy linked by Ic makes it clear, specifically clear.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet