Autoloot & PoF definitive answer please, ANet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: archiedoodle.9548

archiedoodle.9548

Q:

I know it’s been asked already, but not properly answered.

Currently Autoloot in PvE & WvW is tied to HoT only Mastery tracks. Will these tracks be opened up in PoF for those of us who want to buy the new expansion but don’t want HoT?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

autoloot in PvE tied to Tyria mastery i believe, and not HoT exclusive…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Autoloot in PvE is tied to Heart of Thorns, as one must own HoT to access Masteries.

I’m guessing those Masteries will continue to be tied to HoT, just like Gliding and obtaining Guild Halls, Gen1 Elite Specialization, Legendary Crafting, etc., but the Devs haven’t made a statement that I know of, yet.

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

It’s Tyria mastery, not HoT mastery. So I think the answer should be obvious now. You will be able to invest points in Tyria mastery after unlocking first mission in PoF (So If you dont buy HoT you will be able to unlock Tyria nad PoF mastery)
Tyria mastery: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks
The one you want is Advanced Logistics from Pact Commander. You can start unlocking achievements that gives tyria mastery points (red ones) right now, after unlocking PoF you will get all these points you’ve unlocked.

(edited by Rong.5470)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

AutoLoot is a central Tyrian mastery, Advanced Logistics.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks

Presumably you’ll be able to unlock Central Tyrian Masteries if you buy the PoF which has central Tyrian and the new maps.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Seems like it would be have to be the same for any expansion with masterys: buying that expansion has to unlock the ability to spend mastery points.. So core tyrian ones would unlock with any expansion, not just HoT.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, that is true. I stand corrected. Tyrian Masteries may come with each and every expansion.

My apologies.

archiedoodle.9548

Official confirmation would be nice. Autoloot with PoF, y/n.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• The core game is included in all expansions.
  • Access to masteries is included in all expansions, albeit different ones.
  • AoE looting is a core mastery, not specifically tied to HoT

While it’s possible that ANet might skip the last step and make core Tyria masteries tied to HoT, I can’t see how or why. It would be more work for them to do that, not less.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Given how they’re handling the Revenant, I’d expect Masteries to be similar. Any expansion gives access to Core + its own set, but not other expansions’ sets.

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Official word… They already gave that when they defined “HoT exclusive masteries” as the masteries located under “Heart of Maguuma”. Central Tyria Masteries are NOT “HoT exclusive masteries”.

We were told that PoF will come with a whole new set of Masteries exclusive to PoF (The Elona Desert Masteries) which will start with the unlocking of Mounts when you first unlock the masteries system. Exactly the same as how HoT masteries started with unlocking Gliding when you first unlocked the system.

The Central Tyria Masteries even states this in their description:
“After unlocking Masteries, travel to any location in Central Tyria to unlock these Mastery tracks.”

This unlock method will STILL be true with PoF for those who do not own HoT. After they unlock Masteries through PoF they simply have to travel to Central Tyria to unlock the Central Tyria mastery tracks. There is no change, and there never will be. Every expansion will add a new expansion exclusive mastery track, and upon unlocking masteries for the first time through your choice of expansion you can always go back to Central Tyria to unlock the core masteries.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

While it’s possible that ANet might skip the last step and make core Tyria masteries tied to HoT, I can’t see how or why. It would be more work for them to do that, not less.

but the aoe loot ability in WvW (provisions) is tied to HoT. the line itself even unlocks HoT recipe purchases.

would be interested to know if it will be available for only PoF owners, or if HoT is a must for the WvW side at least.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

but the aoe loot ability in WvW (provisions) is tied to HoT. the line itself even unlocks HoT recipe purchases.

would be interested to know if it will be available for only PoF owners, or if HoT is a must for the WvW side at least.

Quite frankly, anything short of giving everything to PvPer’s for free will result in requiring all expansions for PvP content.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

That would mean a dev would have to respond here—LOL—try asking on reddit —the real official forum

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t understand your point — there was no other expansion before & they wanted it locked from core/free players. It would be simple to change the ‘lock’ to “any expansion” and add separate tabs for HoT, PoF.

But regardless, that has nothing to do with the core Tyria mastery line — core comes with PoF.

Again, it’s possible that they might have done something different, but only in the sense that anything is possible.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Autoloot in PvE is tied to Heart of Thorns, as one must own HoT to access Masteries.

I’m guessing those Masteries will continue to be tied to HoT, just like Gliding and obtaining Guild Halls, Gen1 Elite Specialization, Legendary Crafting, etc., but the Devs haven’t made a statement that I know of, yet.

Path of Fire is going to have masteries for mounts at the least. Do you honestly think that mounts will be unusable without HoT because you believe HoT will have the whole mastery system locked to it? Think for a second.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Path of Fire is going to have masteries for mounts at the least. Do you honestly think that mounts will be unusable without HoT because you believe HoT will have the whole mastery system locked to it? Think for a second.

Try reading the whole thread.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

u can use hot masteries in Pof so i cant se why you wouldnt be able to use autoloot. Also masteries are a universal system between expacs. Other than the Hot masteries i fully expect Pof to have its own ones plus the core tyria ones.

Much like rev is a hot feature and yet you unlock rev from buying pof as well.

archiedoodle.9548

Hmmm. I didn’t know that Rev would be unlocked with PoF. I can use the char slot I was saving for a new race. Which is good. Still none the wiser about WvW autoloot, the one that interests me most. I mapped J to loot pickup but, because my other accounts have Autoloot, I keep forgetting to press it. The Provisioner is v handy too. Gennies I’m not so bothered about. Guess I’ll just have to wait till 22/09 and ask again once people are actually playing the new expansion.

OFC I could buy RoF for one of my HoT accounts but I want to spread the love. And 2x HoT is more than enough :P