Autoloot

Autoloot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Poaches.5649

Poaches.5649

I would like auto loot to really be just that. Don’t have to spam “F” just walk by any loot and you loot it.

Autoloot

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I read that they tried to put it in game but when the inventory filled up and the game tried to put more in, the character couldn’t move until they cleared out the inventory. Which can cause some problems in areas such as WvW.

Autoloot

Posted by: Vidal.4306

Vidal.4306

Maybe the extra items could be mailed to you, sent from “that guy you killed”.

Autoloot

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

That would make it possible to have a bag of holding inventory.

What’s so wrong with area looting, anyway? It’s already pretty mindless.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Autoloot

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

LOTRO has a fabulous looting system where you don’t have to walk up to enemies you’ve ranged down and loot them. You don’t even need to do anything because all your loot automatically gets put into an inventory “bag” on your screen and you just click it to open and get all your loot at once.

So wish GW2 had this. Walking up to things to loot just feels so archaic for a relatively new game.

Autoloot

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

I hate when I die in wvw and am unable to loot before it despawns.

Autoloot

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

I hate when I die in wvw and am unable to loot before it despawns.

this probably sums up OP’s experience

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Autoloot

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I read that they tried to put it in game but when the inventory filled up and the game tried to put more in, the character couldn’t move until they cleared out the inventory. Which can cause some problems in areas such as WvW.

That was actually removed a while ago.

Autoloot

Astral Projections.7320

What was removed? You still can’t get auto loot the way OP wants.

Autoloot

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The “couldn’t move with a full inventory” thing. At least it was like that a couple of days ago(before the last patch).

Autoloot

Astral Projections.7320

The “couldn’t move with a full inventory” thing. At least it was like that a couple of days ago(before the last patch).

I’m talking about back in 2013 when they tried to set up auto loot where it went into your inventory automatically like OP is suggesting, without using the auto-loot key. There was a glitch they couldn’t get around that if your inventory was full and the game tried to put more loot in there automatically, you would abruptly either slow down or be unable to move until you emptied enough items for the auto loot to finish.