Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You all may now rejoice.

Aviator sunglasses are back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I am so so so happy!

These have been on my want list for AGES, very delighted to see them back – THANKS ANET!

Now all we need is the Boxing Gloves and those Wide Rim Glasses… mwuahahhaa.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Post screenshots on asuras!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Now it’ll cost up to 300 gold for 800 gems, crumbling the economy even further.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t want them myself but I was happy to see this because I know a lot of people who do. One of my guilds was crazy-excited when they came out.

I’m glad they’re bringing back a lot of the older skins and I hope the remaining ones (like wide rimmed glasses) will make a comeback too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Radiobiology.6185

Radiobiology.6185

140 gold for 400 gems now, wow Arenanet, just wow…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

ANet isn’t causing that. You want gems to cost less gold? Get more people buying gold with them. That’s where the higher supply comes from.

Personally I almost never spend my gems on gold. Right now 97 gems would get me 22 gold or so … or I can just keep the gems I spent cash on and use them for gem shop items I want later.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Thank god! now i don’t need actual immersive content anymore.

Radiobiology.6185

ANet isn’t causing that. You want gems to cost less gold? Get more people buying gold with them. That’s where the higher supply comes from.

Personally I almost never spend my gems on gold. Right now 97 gems would get me 22 gold or so … or I can just keep the gems I spent cash on and use them for gem shop items I want later.

Anet is causing it, indirectly yes. What you stated is the reason for why the price is going up, i know that is the reason. But you cant say Arenanet isnt indirectly causing it by adding new items to the gemstore all the freaking time, adding more sources for gold with the dailies. Never adding any other in game sources for gems except for the lame amount of 400 gems every 5k achievement points.

So yes Arenanet is indirectly causing the gem prices to go up, if its their intention is speculation, but its not a distant theory.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Anet is causing it, indirectly yes. What you stated is the reason for why the price is going up, i know that is the reason. But you cant say Arenanet isnt indirectly causing it by adding new items to the gemstore all the freaking time, adding more sources for gold with the dailies. Never adding any other in game sources for gems except for the lame amount of 400 gems every 5k achievement points.

So yes Arenanet is indirectly causing the gem prices to go up, if its their intention is speculation, but its not a distant theory.

If they didn’t add new things then why would you need to change gold to gems?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Radiobiology.6185

Exactly, less people would change gold to gems, which means the gem price would drop to a reasonable price.

I’m not telling arenanet to stop production of new items, new skins etc, but it would be nice if these new items werent always added to the gemstore, we need new skins attainable outisde of the gemstore.

Now i know you are a diehard Anet fan, i have seen you around here on the forum. But know this, i played guild wars 1, bought items in their store there, i preordered gw2 and bought the ultimate edition for the expansion. But critique for a game is healthy, its not always bad, not always black or white.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d rather have more things available than I can ever hope to get than a few tired dusty items that I’ve had forever. I posit that the only must-haves on the store are inventory space and character slots. And I agree that it’s unfortunate if those get priced out of reach for people wanting to spend gold rather than cash on them, and that it would be very nice to have a healthy fraction of new skins come out in game, some dropping as ubiquitously as, say, Conjurer garments. (The reclaimed weapons actually are like that, they drop all over the place, at least in blue and green quality which is all one needs for skins).

Yes, I have the cash to buy gems. So for me the price of gem shop items has never changed. Yes, I no longer have income, so I’m starting not to buy everything the gem shop offers even if I’d like it. I’m still fine with there being things I have to choose between rather than having far too limited a choice.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Exactly, less people would change gold to gems, which means the gem price would drop to a reasonable price.

I’m not telling arenanet to stop production of new items, new skins etc, but it would be nice if these new items werent always added to the gemstore, we need new skins attainable outisde of the gemstore.

Now i know you are a diehard Anet fan, i have seen you around here on the forum. But know this, i played guild wars 1, bought items in their store there, i preordered gw2 and bought the ultimate edition for the expansion. But critique for a game is healthy, its not always bad, not always black or white.

I’m hardly a die hard ANet fan. If you had actually read my posts you would know that. Just “seeing me around here on the forum” has obviously told you nothing about what I think.

However I know this game has no subscriptions and that games without subscriptions rely heavily on micro transactions. If you can think of a way for ANet to not lose money while putting otherwise sellable items in the game then make a thread about it. I’m sure they want to hear from you.

ANet may give it to you.

Radiobiology.6185

I’m hardly a die hard ANet fan. If you had actually read my posts you would know that. Just “seeing me around here on the forum” has obviously told you nothing about what I think.

However I know this game has no subscriptions and that games without subscriptions rely heavily on micro transactions. If you can think of a way for ANet to not lose money while putting otherwise sellable items in the game then make a thread about it. I’m sure they want to hear from you.

Well, it seems like the original Guild Wars game did fine with expansions and a few microtransactions.

But you misunderstand me aswell, i’m not saying Arenanet should stop putting items in the gemstore, i’m just saying they should tone it down a bit, and maybe put 20% of all the “to be gemstore items” in the game attainable in another way, like being able to earn one glider would be nice, even though i love my glider which i got from my ultimate edition.

This is not for me specifically, i play the game a lot, and i spent a lot of cash on gems aswell, but i’m hardly not the only one who think this way, and i have had real life friends quit over this. I just dont want this game to turn into a pixel shop, because i love the game, i’m afraid for it.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attachments:

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I went for the inventor’s version. All I need now is a way to wear the glasses and a hat at the same time. ;p

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Awesome that the gold to gem exchange is getting even more ridiculous. Rich get richer situation. Not everyone has money just laying around to spend $10 for one skin which is basically what it is.

Edit: Not talking about the sunglasses.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Saw your post on Reddit earlier, Jafw. I know you speak the truth. I don’t know why people always draw this conclusion about you. You’re very vocal (though rather polite IMO!) about issues you have with ANet.

Anyway, though it’d be nice to see things like gliders available in the open world as rewards for quests and whatnot, we’re going to have to resign ourselves to the fact that for now at least, we’re going to be bombarded with the really nice things only coming from the the gem store, because something has to make up for those HoT sales. My son got me the floral glider with his leftover gems he got awhile ago, otherwise, I’d have missed out on that.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Just a flesh wound.3589

Saw your post on Reddit earlier, Jafw. I know you speak the truth. I don’t know why people always draw this conclusion about you. You’re very vocal (though rather polite IMO!) about issues you have with ANet.

Anyway, though it’d be nice to see things like gliders available in the open world as rewards for quests and whatnot, we’re going to have to resign ourselves to the fact that for now at least, we’re going to be bombarded with the really nice things only coming from the the gem store, because something has to make up for those HoT sales. My son got me the floral glider with his leftover gems he got awhile ago, otherwise, I’d have missed out on that.

Well, ty. ^^

I do try to be polite and evenhanded with my opinions, having been taught that it’s best to be moderate in how I express myself.

I have of course absolutely no objections to new skins in game and would love to see them. I simply don’t see how it would work out with no subscription to pay for them. Those who say Guild Wars 1 did it don’t acknowledge that the dev team back then was much smaller, that game was simpler and that a full fledged MMO is more expensive to produce and upkeep than a lobby game. They had to cut out a paid for part of the last expansion, legendary weapons, from lack of sufficient Devs to make new content and apparently hiring more wasn’t an option. My hope is they’ll make more ingame skins with any expansion but I don’t expect them to do so in the time between expansions.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

I hear you, and I understand you. Rift is the same way. Nothing too great drops, but they have to get support somehow for a free game. Gem store has been ramped up a lot lately, but at least, people are seeing some items make a comeback that they wanted.

I wish a little more did drop in game though.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..