BETA WEEKEND: REWARDS NOT SAVED

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Please Please please! if you gonna have this weekend for beta can you at least allow rewards to be saved while we play the new elite specs?! please!? why is this not allowed? We are still playing on our accounts and nothing gained is from expansion. Can everyone agree with me on this? im sure its a simple fix! I just wana play the new elite specs and not have to worry about doing all that and none of the materials are saved or tickets from chest rewarded

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

No.

/15characters

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

no. its taking advantage of people who do not know how to play the new specs

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

If you want to keep your rewards from this weekend, then don’t play a demo character.

You either get to play the new elite specs, or you get to keep the stuff you earn. You don’t get to have both.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

It’s a demo, not a head-start.

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

I absolutely disagree with you. There is zero reason why you need to keep the loot on a >>DEMO<< character. If you want loot play normal.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No different than last weekend, or HoT demo weekends.

Demos are demonstrations/tests, not live gameplay/clients.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Because this way if there are any exploits there’s very little benefit to using them. You can’t farm gold or items or any form of progress so there’s no real harm from it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Sazukikrah.5036

Everyone is free to use the elite spec though ?

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I absolutely disagree with you. There is zero reason why you need to keep the loot on a >>DEMO<< character. If you want loot play normal.

Pretty much this. Its the same reason you didnt keep loot from last weeks demo, or any of the HOT ones…i even think you didnt keep stuff in the GW2 beta, its been quite awhile since that though and i forget exactly.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

I don’t think you understand that this more of a demo like a sneak-peak, not a beta in terms of the start of implementation of PoF. It’s like a timed trail. Just to see if players like the basics of what will be offered with the expansion. Everyone will start on the same footing (more or less) when PoF comes out.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

There are plenty of reasons….. the biggest, and historically most difficult to reverse, is bugs and balance miscalculations. Just to give an example- the 2 minute Teq happened because a bug in Symbolic Avenger allowed Guardians to gain a 10% damage bonus for EVERY symbol the enemy was standing when they hit. Once the damage was ramped up, they were doing almost 100k per hit (including per symbol pulse) and just melted Teq’s HP in every burn phase.

Once this became common knowledge, people wanted to abuse it left and right. This puts Anet in a very hard position, because the argument could be made that its a Bug, and that its open season until Anet patches it. On the other hand, its clearly being exploited for easy gains, and can destabilize the economy if leveraged for loot farming.

Imagine if this bug existed with Raids….. Just replace every DPS slot (or possibly the entire team) with Hammer Guardians, and clear DPS sections of a boss fight in mere seconds. Should they be allowed to keep the rewards, when they knowing exploited something that was well outside the performance margin? Or that loop hole found with a Karma vendor that sold you a free item you could sell for 2 copper. A bunch of people made thousands of gold off that.

Thats just on a production system, where intent can be more easily identified. But now we have a new set of code that hasn’t had large scale testing done on it, with a higher chance of bugs/loopholes that can be exploited for unintended gains. Some might not even be conscious of this happening, because there is no publicly documented baseline to know if it is or isn’t behaving “normally”. A player discovers a trait combo that puts out 200k DPS on an optimal rotation, but that same trait combo puts out 35k on a less rigorous rotation. Is the latter considered exploiting because they are using that trait combo? Or is it just a coincidence that they picked that trait combo, and hasn’t realized the damage potential possible if they just incorporated other skills?

Having the beta characters on a separate back end accounts isolates the unwarranted gains, while isolating them from PvE prevents them from exploiting something to give OTHER people those gains from group content.

And yes, I’m well aware how current arrangement is purposely disruptive to normal WvW/PvP activity. But with PvP you can compartmentalize beta players through the match maker (and monitor them more closely). However….. unfortunately for WvW, the big benefit here is that any balance issues with the new Especs will become rapidly apparent, given how likely many players are willing to abuse them in that kind of large scale PvP setting. But one scheduled weekend of disruption (which can purposely ignore GLEKO) beats several weeks of live of exploit abuse that actually does mess with the ranking system.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Please Please please! if you gonna have this weekend for beta can you at least allow rewards to be saved while we play the new elite specs?! please!? why is this not allowed?

Why is this even a question?!?

Sazukikrah.5036

I don’t understand the logic you people are using. All im asking is that if we the players are going to be playing these game modes any way.. why not just allow the rewards … that are basically free to anyone.. just be able to keep it? It’s not like its exclusive expansion loot , or something. Its just regular loot boxes you get from fighting. ANYONE can participate in the FREE beta.. so how does your logic = no ? I just feel like people on the internet just want to say no just cause someone says yes. I should’ve just used reverse psychology. Still they probably wont change it but at least i put the idea out there. It would’ve been nice to at least get chests and rewards while playing the beta characters. Don’t know how that effects the game any differently then playing a regular character but ok , if you say so.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So, they should turn it on for this Demo, but keep it off for last week’s Demo? The Devs should create two different kinds of Demos? One that uses the ‘cloned’ account, and one that doesn’t? What about rankings and such? Should they make a Demo that awards rewards/progress if you win, but doesn’t if you lose?

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I like how everyone else that posted shut this down. Good on ya’ll.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

There are plenty of reasons….. the biggest, and historically most difficult to reverse, is bugs and balance miscalculations. Just to give an example- the 2 minute Teq happened because a bug in Symbolic Avenger allowed Guardians to gain a 10% damage bonus for EVERY symbol the enemy was standing when they hit. Once the damage was ramped up, they were doing almost 100k per hit (including per symbol pulse) and just melted Teq’s HP in every burn phase.

Once this became common knowledge, people wanted to abuse it left and right. This puts Anet in a very hard position, because the argument could be made that its a Bug, and that its open season until Anet patches it. On the other hand, its clearly being exploited for easy gains, and can destabilize the economy if leveraged for loot farming.

Imagine if this bug existed with Raids….. Just replace every DPS slot (or possibly the entire team) with Hammer Guardians, and clear DPS sections of a boss fight in mere seconds. Should they be allowed to keep the rewards, when they knowing exploited something that was well outside the performance margin? Or that loop hole found with a Karma vendor that sold you a free item you could sell for 2 copper. A bunch of people made thousands of gold off that.

Thats just on a production system, where intent can be more easily identified. But now we have a new set of code that hasn’t had large scale testing done on it, with a higher chance of bugs/loopholes that can be exploited for unintended gains. Some might not even be conscious of this happening, because there is no publicly documented baseline to know if it is or isn’t behaving “normally”. A player discovers a trait combo that puts out 200k DPS on an optimal rotation, but that same trait combo puts out 35k on a less rigorous rotation. Is the latter considered exploiting because they are using that trait combo? Or is it just a coincidence that they picked that trait combo, and hasn’t realized the damage potential possible if they just incorporated other skills?

Having the beta characters on a separate back end accounts isolates the unwarranted gains, while isolating them from PvE prevents them from exploiting something to give OTHER people those gains from group content.

And yes, I’m well aware how current arrangement is purposely disruptive to normal WvW/PvP activity. But with PvP you can compartmentalize beta players through the match maker (and monitor them more closely). However….. unfortunately for WvW, the big benefit here is that any balance issues with the new Especs will become rapidly apparent, given how likely many players are willing to abuse them in that kind of large scale PvP setting. But one scheduled weekend of disruption (which can purposely ignore GLEKO) beats several weeks of live of exploit abuse that actually does mess with the ranking system.

Hey, I think you responded to the wrong person. Do a re-read of Palimow’s post.

Hate is Fuel.

(edited by The Greyhawk.9107)