BL CHests?

BL CHests?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IamLain.4205

IamLain.4205

So, the event is over but, the ToT bag is still there. Is this just going to be there forever?

BL CHests?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I assume you mean as part of a black lion chest reward? They are a “seasonal” item, so I assumed they would remain until the next “season.” So maybe until Wintersday?

I would like to see in-between items of some sort. Especially considering we have a glut of festivals between Halloween and Super Adventure Box (April 1st-ish), then, what, nothing?

BL CHests?

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Seems really lame. Now we miss out on the third slot. So instead of three potential items. We only get two, the other slot being taken up by a ToT. If it lasts till Wintersday then that’s really gonna be a killer. Sorta glad I stocked up on BL tickets.

BL CHests?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Seems really lame. Now we miss out on the third slot. So instead of three potential items. We only get two, the other slot being taken up by a ToT. If it lasts till Wintersday then that’s really gonna be a killer. Sorta glad I stocked up on BL tickets.

We don’t miss out on a third slot because the third slot was a guaranteed booster.
But in my honest opinions, boosters were somewhat useful. I wouldn’t have gone out of my way to get them, but if I had them, I used them.

BL CHests?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Well, thanks for the information. I was waiting for Halloween to end to buy some keys. I guess I’ll be waiting a long time.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

BL CHests?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Well, thanks for the information. I was waiting for Halloween to end to buy some keys. I guess I’ll be waiting a long time.

Yeah, I held off on the free key I got, but I guess I’ll be waiting even longer.
I’m really hoping ANet starts to make some sense with these gambling boxes. There’s no need to have any of the chests be utterly worthless in order to make money. There are enough useful tools, chances at something huge, and most importantly, a wealth of skin unlocks that could sell those chests, instead of bilking the few people who are big spenders.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

BL CHests?

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

I will not buy another key or farm for them until they do something because the value of a ToT bag is not worth .34 to to the whole dollar which equals 100-125 gems. If they start gating skins and wardrobe items behind it, I won’t buy anything else from this game either.

BL CHests?

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Sitting on my keys as well. I use about half of the boosters I get. Seriously don’t want any more ToT bags.

BL CHests?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I farm 1-5 keys per weekend, so will just keep using those. Nothing good since this change, and that’s 5 free keys, +1 from a login reward, +4 farmed last weekend.

I hope they put in an interesting “seasonal” soon to make it more worthwhile.

BL CHests?

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

So, now not only will we think twice if we want to buy keys, but we won’t be using these already on our possession. Another wasted slot on the bank. Nice play, ANet. lol

BL CHests?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

We don’t miss out on a third slot because the third slot was a guaranteed booster.
But in my honest opinions, boosters were somewhat useful. I wouldn’t have gone out of my way to get them, but if I had them, I used them.

Actually a booster was not “guaranteed” but it was likely. Still, I also hope they remove the ToT bags soon. It’s keeping me from buying keys as well.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

BL CHests?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually a booster was not “guaranteed” but it was likely. Still, I also hope they remove the ToT bags soon. It’s keeping me from buying keys as well.

You (and others) may be mistaken. The Black Lion Chest tool-tip even stated that one would always receive a Booster. From the Wiki, last April, August of 2015, July of 2014, for example:

A Black Lion Chest is a container that, when used with a Black Lion Chest Key, yields three items. Many items within are also available in the Gem Store, though some rare items are exclusive to the chest. Most items are account bound.

Each Black Lion Chest contains two randomly selected items from the below list, as well as one randomly selected booster. It is possible to receive two of the same item, including two stacks of the same item, if that item drops in stacks of more than one.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Black_Lion_Chest&oldid=1193035
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Black_Lion_Chest&oldid=1057694
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Black_Lion_Chest&offset=&limit=100&action=history

In fact, players may not remember that previously, though not guaranteed, one almost always received a Tonic, a Booster, and 1 random item. Anyone still banking all those many Tonics? I have hundreds.

Black Lion Chest tool-tip from 2013:

Contains a random prize, a random buff, and mystery tonics.
Double-click to open
.”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Black_Lion_Chest&oldid=719237

Thank goodness we now get much better rewards.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

BL CHests?

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Thanks for posting this. I was looking for info on whether they put the boosters back after Halloween, I guess they don’t want to sell keys. So I will keep stockpiling them and not buy keys until they change this.

BL CHests?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thanks for posting this. I was looking for info on whether they put the boosters back after Halloween, I guess they don’t want to sell keys. So I will keep stockpiling them and not buy keys until they change this.

You can see what a Black Lion Chest will have on offer (at any time) by previewing its contents in-game. No need to look at the Wiki or Forum anymore. It’s very nice. =)

BL CHests?

Djinn.9245

You can see what a Black Lion Chest will have on offer (at any time) by previewing its contents in-game. No need to look at the Wiki or Forum anymore. It’s very nice. =)

That is definitely one of the best QoL additions.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

BL CHests?

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

You don’t see what is in that chest, you only see what the possible drops are. So, while that might be a convenience, it has nothing to do with the fact that the only way to get speed boosters is by leveling a character or getting a booster in a cl chest, and now we can’t get them in the bl chest. I love speed boosters and they cannot be purchased from the gem store.

BL CHests?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You wanted to know if Boosters were in the chests. A preview offers that information.

Again, if the loot table changes (such as what’s offered in the first slot, or any other additions/removals), one can preview the contents at any time.

Good luck.

BL CHests?

Djinn.9245

You don’t see what is in that chest, you only see what the possible drops are. So, while that might be a convenience, it has nothing to do with the fact that the only way to get speed boosters is by leveling a character or getting a booster in a cl chest, and now we can’t get them in the bl chest. I love speed boosters and they cannot be purchased from the gem store.

But you can use the preview to see if they have been added back.

BL CHests?

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

You wanted to know if Boosters were in the chests. A preview offers that information.

Again, if the loot table changes (such as what’s offered in the first slot, or any other additions/removals), one can preview the contents at any time.

Good luck.

Again, before we had a guaranteed booster, now we do not. The end