BL weapon sets are Human-biased!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

(The title is a bit tongue-in-cheek, don’t dwell on it too much)

- The current set is Dwayna’s, obviously Human-focused.
- The set before that was Gallant. Putting aside the fact it’s rather plain, the design seems to be Human. Ironically, two-handed weapons from that set are a bit oversized, and look better on Norn, but overall they look Human-made.
- The set before that was Daydreamer’s. It looks rather neutral, but probably most suited for Sylvari and… well, Humans. Can’t imagine many Norn or Charr wielding those.
- Before that we had the Scientific set, which looks mostly Charr, possibly Asura.
- And before that was Balthazar’s, of course. Human again.

That makes it 3 out of 5 latest sets either themed around Human gods or appearing to be of Human make. The other two are more or less suited for Charr and Sylvari (and maaaaybe Asura). Nothing of note for Norn, except for possibly the Gallant set. Bias confirmed!

Seriously though, I’d like more Asura-themed and Norn-themed weapons. At this rate, we’ll cycle through all Human gods in a few months. Let’s have skins themed around one of the Spirits of the Wild, at least. Or one of the Asura colleges. Hmm?

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Have you looked at the Gallant set closely? The hilt on the Sword and GS have an Eagle on them. They actually seem rather Norn-like to me personally.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

We will, no doubt, get a set for each of the human gods. A complete set of sets.

After (in between) variety would be appreciated.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Have you looked at the Gallant set closely? The hilt on the Sword and GS have an Eagle on them. They actually seem rather Norn-like to me personally.

Possibly, and like I said, some weapons (GS and Hammer, mostly) look better on a Norn than on a Human… but the designs are too different from the regular Norn fare. Look at the Wolfborn, Norn and Shiverpeaks sets. The designs are fundamentally different.

To be fair though, Norn and Charr have three unique cultural sets, unlike Asura and Sylvari who share theirs.

Posted by: manananggal.6153

manananggal.6153

Humans buy the most gems

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Humans buy the most gems

I think we can safely say ALL gems are bought by humans, unless you have seen some suspicious alien action or your dog/cat has borrowed the credit card….

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Human are the most popular characters in the game. It is sad and dull, but that is how people is. It isn’t surprising most weapons are aimed toward humans: after all, almost every armor in the game in made for humans, and THEN scaled to fit Sylvari and Norn… and awkwardly and poorly deformed to fit on Asura and Charr.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

human cultures are fleshed out most, and only because of GW1. I don´t feel like commenting on the implications for GW2´s story and world design just now.